closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 174 of 357 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,700 of 17824

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    No, that’s a baby zzr! The 600 wasnt dissimilar being fairly sedate below 8000 and a real boot up to and beyond the 14,000rpm redline.
    Nope it’s the gpx250, they only brought a few to the U.K. it was sold as the 250 Ninja in the states and they only stopped selling it about 5 years ago because of emissions, the 250 zzr was a different bike. They had a race series for them and you can get some trick stuff for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Nope it’s the gpx250, they only brought a few to the U.K. it was sold as the 250 Ninja in the states and they only stopped selling it about 5 years ago because of emissions, the 250 zzr was a different bike.
    The GPX250 and ZZR250 were slightly different bikes but they were remarkably similar! Same engine and gearbox with slightly different chassis, wheels and fairing/paint. They're basically the same.

The ZXR250 was a somewhat different beast.

I don’t remember the GPX250 and was misled by the fairer in indicators. I put it down to senility.

The ZXR250 was a Japan only (so grey import) 4 cylinder IIRC.

The ZXR250 was a Japan only (so grey import) 4 cylinder IIRC.
    That's the one. very similar to the gorgeous ZXR400. Beautiful little bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    That's the one. very similar to the gorgeous ZXR400. Beautiful little bikes.
    Indeed they were and still are if you can find a good one. They didn’t stop making them until around 2000. They’re starting to fetch strong money now too although still well behind the equally gorgeous NC30 which was 50% more expensive when new.

Indeed they were and still are if you can find a good one. They didn’t stop making them until around 2000. They’re starting to fetch strong money now too although still well behind the equally gorgeous NC30 which was 50% more expensive when new.
    The great news for me is that I'm now too round and inflexible to fit the bikes that I hanker after, so I need not worry that they are now fetching strong money :-)

Oddly, every bike that I've sold has since appreciated, every bike I've held onto hasn't.

The great news for me is that I'm now too round and inflexible to fit the bikes that I hanker after, so I need not worry that they are now fetching strong money :-)

Oddly, every bike that I've sold has since appreciated, every bike I've held onto hasn't.
    I feel your pain but I’m still in denial!

Although I have bought a top yoke to graft a pair of flat bars onto in order to give me a slightly better (for fat old blokes) riding position.

new speed triple debut , 15k +175hp puts it in line with the other hyper nakeds

Master

Don’t worry, when I ride the 250 it feels like the forks are bending under braking compared to a GS. What I still fancy is a road going 500 2 stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Don’t worry, when I ride the 250 it feels like the forks are bending under braking compared to a GS. What I still fancy is a road going 500 2 stroke.
    So. Seriously no.

...goes off to search for an RG500...

Although I have bought a top yoke to graft a pair of flat bars onto in order to give me a slightly better (for fat old blokes) riding position.
    Love it Dave!

Proper sports bike.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post

I'm old enough to remember Kenny Roberts racing in his prime (and had a mate with an 'Kenny Roberts' RD350LC*) so I was looking at the yellow/speedblock XSR700 although I may have bottled it
    If you like the LC look have a look at these. Yamaha approved conversion too.

http://velocity-moto.com/bikes.html

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    new speed triple debut , 15k +175hp puts it in line with the other hyper nakeds

I’m chopping in my 2016 Speed Triple R for one of these!

Master

Yamaha Off-Road Experience

I've finally got something to look forward to that's biking related.

Me and a few friends just booked up for 2 days of off-road riding around mid-Wales in April.
    Booked with Yamaha Tenere Off-Road Experience, so we'll be riding the new Yamaha 700s

Looked at a couple of Youtube videos and doesn't look too extreme (famous last words!)

Anyone else got any trips booked up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post

Does it go "Ring ning ning ning... Ring ning ning ning... Ring ning ning ning... NeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaa aaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah " with a healthy crackle on the overrun through Microns or Allspeeds?

No?

I'm out!

Now, perhaps if they did a body kit for the new Langen 2-stroke 250...

Does it go "Ring ning ning ning... Ring ning ning ning... Ring ning ning ning... NeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaa aaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahNeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah " with a healthy crackle on the overrun through Microns or Allspeeds?

No?

I'm out!

Now, perhaps if they did a body kit for the new Langen 2-stroke 250...
    Haha how I wish large capacity 2 stroke road bikes could make a come back

Gratuitous nostalgia pic of an old bike of mine

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Haha how I wish large capacity 2 stroke road bikes could make a come back

Gratuitous nostalgia pic of an old bike of mine

That's just lovely. Want one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I've finally got something to look forward to that's biking related.

Me and a few friends just booked up for 2 days of off-road riding around mid-Wales in April.
    Booked with Yamaha Tenere Off-Road Experience, so we'll be riding the new Yamaha 700s

Looked at a couple of Youtube videos and doesn't look too extreme (famous last words!)

Just had a look at that website. Looks like fun, and definitely something to consider when we are back to some sort of normality.

Meanwhile, I've planned a short tour in the UK for June, which should (hopefully) be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post

Yep, it was something very similar to that that I was looking at.

Bit of a long shot but is anyone looking for a nice low mileage GS TE?

This bike was bought by a very close mate last year

It was delivered to him on the 4th November and he passed away 2 weeks later having covered about 80 miles.

Now that probate etc has been sorted, the supplying BMW dealer has offered to buy it back, though they've not been quite as generous as I'd have hoped.

The bike was registered in December 19 and had done a mere 350 miles when my mate bought it, so it's on about 430 now.

I could put it in the for sales but it's more likely to be seen here. I anyone might be interested, then please message me direct. Avoiding hassle for his widow is as much of a priority for me as getting a good price!

Tragic - sorry about your friend, Ian. How did he die?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Tragic - sorry about your friend, Ian. How did he die?
    Not on the bike if that's your concern!

He was awaiting an operation to resolve a hereditary heart condition, which was delayed several times last year because of the risks in hospital and passed away before it could be done. Because he knew of the issue, he really looked after himself and in the 40-odd years I've known him he'd eaten well, drank moderately, never smoked, exercised lots and basically did everything he could to keep his heart in tip top condition. And despite this passed away at the grand old age of 57, having just bought the bike of his dreams.

As the bike was delivered on the 4th and the second lockdown started on the 5th, he got to ride it once.

Life's rubbish some times.

Not on the bike if that's your concern!

He was awaiting an operation to resolve a hereditary heart condition, which was delayed several times last year because of the risks in hospital and passed away before it could be done. Because he knew of the issue, he really looked after himself and in the 40-odd years I've known him he'd eaten well, drank moderately, never smoked, exercised lots and basically did everything he could to keep his heart in tip top condition. And despite this passed away at the grand old age of 57, having just bought the bike of his dreams.

As the bike was delivered on the 4th and the second lockdown started on the 5th, he got to ride it once.

Life's rubbish some times.
    Sorry about your mate - I hope you get a decent price for his bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post

Ferry booked for Spain end March with 3 other mates, but not sure we will be able to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Ferry booked for Spain end March with 3 other mates, but not sure we will be able to go!
    We have two annual bike trips to Spain, early April and late September but I've already written the first one off.

(On the Plymouth-Santander route the first sailing this year is the 21st March).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I’m worried that our trip to the south of France at the end of August won’t be possible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    We have two annual bike trips to Spain, early April and late September but I've already written the first one off.

(On the Plymouth-Santander route the first sailing this year is the 21st March).

R
    That’s the sailing :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having had a think, it's clear that whilst a bit of an edge case, advertising my late mate's GS in SC would still constitute advertising for sale something that didn't belong to me.

Rather than try and abuse SC, can I say instead that there's an advert on UKGSer with a bit more information and price etc

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...TE-estate-sale
    Last edited by Gyp; 28th January 2021 at 11:19. Reason: Edited to be clear that it was my decision not to post to SC.

I’m surprised people are thinking of taking trips this year. I’d settle for being allowed to drive to Hertford to fetch my Harris back from the factory so I can build the damn thing, let alone a couple of weeks cruising round the Pyrenees.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    I’m surprised people are thinking of taking trips this year. I’d settle for being allowed to drive to Hertford to fetch my Harris back from the factory so I can build the damn thing, let alone a couple of weeks cruising round the Pyrenees.
    Why is that? Planning a trip is something to look forward too!

Master
    Having had a think, it's clear that whilst a bit of an edge case, advertising my late mate's GS in SC would still constitute advertising for sale something that didn't belong to me.

Rather than try and abuse SC, can I say instead that there's an advert on UKGSer with a bit more information and price etc

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...TE-estate-sale
    Only registered users can see the advert..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Only registered users can see the advert..
    I'm not making it any easier, am I?

I guess the only missing info is North Yorkshire, £13,500

Master
    I'm not making it any easier, am I?

I guess the only missing info is North Yorkshire, £13,500
    Cheers ... I’ll pass it around.

Cheers ... I’ll pass it around.
    Ta. The bike was £16,200 new plus the cost of the alarm and SOS button thing (not sure how much they were.

My mate paid £14,689 for it in Oct. BMW warranty runs to December 2022

It seems that one of the many 'benefits' of Brexit is that we now get to pay import charges on anything we buy on-line from the EU.

I know it's pretty recent but I was wondering if anyone has had a experience of this yet?

I've noticed a very nice helmet 'on sale' on a popular Dutch website which is savvy enough to let you know that helmets are zero VAT rated in the UK so no VAT will be chargeable but I'm still concerned about any 'import duty' and any subsequent 'admin fees' from the couriers. As usual it seems very difficult to find out what if anything might be chargeable from official sources.

The saving from the UK price is circa £50 and this could quickly be wiped out by any of these Brexit 'extras'.

Craftsman
    Norton soon to be moving into new factory in Solihull by Spring

https://www.44teeth.com/new-norton-factory/

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    It seems that one of the many 'benefits' of Brexit is that we now get to pay import charges on anything we buy on-line from the EU.

I know it's pretty recent but I was wondering if anyone has had a experience of this yet?

I've noticed a very nice helmet 'on sale' on a popular Dutch website which is savvy enough to let you know that helmets are zero VAT rated in the UK so no VAT will be chargeable but I'm still concerned about any 'import duty' and any subsequent 'admin fees' from the couriers. As usual it seems very difficult to find out what if anything might be chargeable from official sources.

The saving from the UK price is circa £50 and this could quickly be wiped out by any of these Brexit 'extras'.

How do you know it will fit? Difficult to return, I'd assume.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    How do you know it will fit? Difficult to return, I'd assume.
    I've tried them on before and have previously owned Shoei......so pretty certain.

Master
    I've tried them on before and have previously owned Shoei......so pretty certain.
    I bought some stuff from a Dutch Ducati dealer.. cost was €186 inc Dutch VAT. The dealer refunded the VAT and I never paid any VAT or duties on arrival.

I currently have some stuff on order from Germany and Italy. Oh and I just ordered some more stuff from France...Checkout automatically deducted VAT when I put UK in as delivery location.
    Last edited by Enoch; 28th January 2021 at 19:14.

I bought some stuff from a Dutch Ducati dealer.. cost was €186 inc Dutch VAT. The dealer refunded the VAT and I never paid any VAT or duties on arrival.

I currently have some stuff on order from Germany and Italy. Oh and I just ordered some more stuff from France...Checkout automatically deducted VAT when I put UK in as delivery location.
    Thanks Enoch, that's good to know. So no 'import duty' or courier additional charges on any of these either? All post Brexit?

Master
    Thanks Enoch, that's good to know. So no 'import duty' or courier additional charges on any of these either? All post Brexit?
    I have just been advised by a reputable delivery company that there are new rules which have just been issued by HMRC in the past 48hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I have just been advised by a reputable delivery company that there are new rules which have just been issued by HMRC in the past 48hrs.
    Interesting........can you share what these 'new rules' are exactly???

Master
    Interesting........can you share what these 'new rules' are exactly???
    I asked them exactly that question!
    The used motorbike I am importing to the UK is still stuck EU-side. They have just advised me that new rules were issued by HMRC in the last 2 days, and that I am liable for 5% VAT even though this was fully paid for last year with proof of sales invoice from the seller. I can't find anything on the gov.uk website that states this...

Master
    Not up to now.. but most items are low ish values....

Just had a delivery from Greece (carbon canister delete kit) it came via DHL in a Jiffy bag... no customs info but only £30 value.

Thinking about an exhaust from the USA... that’ll be a different story😈

Not up to now.. but most items are low ish values....

Just had a delivery from Greece (carbon canister delete kit) it came via DHL in a Jiffy bag... no customs info but only £30 value.

Thinking about an exhaust from the USA... that’ll be a different story
    That's my worry £300 Shoei helmet from the Netherlands.......could end up with pricey extra costs and seemingly know way of knowing.

Hmm. I ordered a rack for the Harley in mid December, shipped in January but paid German VAT.

Master
    Hmm. I ordered a rack for the Harley in mid December, shipped in January but paid German VAT.
    Yep.. I ordered £650 quids worth of carbon fibre bodywork from Germany back in Nov, paid for it back then, supposed to be with me mid Jan, then mid Feb, now they’re saying mid March.. so much for German efficiency.. if it’s not with me by end of Feb, I’m cancelling and they can stick it.👎👎

Craftsman
    That's my worry £300 Shoei helmet from the Netherlands.......could end up with pricey extra costs and seemingly know way of knowing.
    Would not worry too much.
    Don’t think you have to pay VAT on Crash Helmets.

I will soon find out. Have a helmet coming from France via DHL today.

Update.
    Helmet arrived today. Delivered by Parcelforce. Nothing to pay.
    Last edited by Metalic Mud; 3rd February 2021 at 13:32.

More bike related stuff

My immediate thoughts are that if there is an opportunity to collect revenue, or if the decision to not collect revenue depends upon somebody’s competence then we will be charged initially then left to argue the toss at great expense (time primarily)

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    What Harris are you collecting? I had a Harribox bought from Steve Harris many years ago. Is he still there ?