timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 139 of 354 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,950 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    :-)

For me, the ideal would probably be Speedmaster bars on the TFC.
    There you go mate....Bobber TFC next to the Speedmaster, quite a difference in bar height

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Is that beast yours?
    Certainly not. I have a super king-size.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    There you go mate....Bobber TFC next to the Speedmaster, quite a difference in bar height

Both too low for me really as I'm round with a really bad neck.

Much prefer to be sat up straight with something like HD Hollywood bars or better still bars from a 1970's Kawa Z1

More bike related stuff

A pair of these should see you right!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372332990257
    Last edited by Dave+63; 12th September 2020 at 06:53. Reason: I really need to check what autocorrect has decided I’m saying before hitting send!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A psi if these should see you right!

They'd do

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A pair of these should see you right!

Borrowed a bike with apes on it when mine was off the road, in the distant past. Remember it being ok around town but anything over 40mph was ‘interesting’!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

put some ape hangers on it :) - first bobber ive seen with ape hangers on .

https://streetbike.co.uk/blog/bike-s...bobber-135910/

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    put some ape hangers on it :) - first bobber ive seen with ape hangers on .

https://streetbike.co.uk/blog/bike-s...bobber-135910/
    There was a used one in Triumph Swindon.

It was sat there a long time (might be still there)

Edit - Blade (or are they Heritage now) have Bobber Black in Swindon and a Bobber in Stratford, both with apes and forwards. I reckon the BB would suit me nicely from an ergonomics perspective, but look properly daft.
    Last edited by Gyp; 12th September 2020 at 09:03.

The engine on my Honda NX650 has been reassembled with new rings etc and the exhaust studs repaired;

....and the engine has been reunited with the chassis for the first time in probably 10 years +;

Starting attempts to follow shortly!

Hmmm... New project. What shall it become? It’s an ‘87 slabby gsxr 1100. It’s not really good enough to do back to standard as every body panel is knackered and it’s not that standard but it is mechanically reasonable having had an engine rebuild prior to sitting in a barn for the last 6 years (I know the bike) Maybe it shall become an XR41 replica or perhaps a donor for a Harris F1. Not for a while though, I have a waiting list.

Some old Italian thing was blocking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Hmmm... New project. What shall it become? It’s an ‘87 slabby gsxr 1100.
    I used to have one of those!
    Absolutely glorious bikes back in the day, so forgiving, you could ride the wheels off it and it felt so planted, stable and gave great confidence.
    They could turn anyone into a track day warrior, happy daze.....

Master

Some old Italian thing was blocking it in.

That Laverda is cracking, I was going to say Jota, but squinting it looks like it's a 1200 so a Mirage?

Hmmm... New project. What shall it become? It’s an ‘87 slabby gsxr 1100. It’s not really good enough to do back to standard as every body panel is knackered and it’s not that standard but it is mechanically reasonable having had an engine rebuild prior to sitting in a barn for the last 6 years (I know the bike) Maybe it shall become an XR41 replica or perhaps a donor for a Harris F1. Not for a while though, I have a waiting list.
    Harris.

(and I'll have that piece of Italian tat if it helps)

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The engine on my Honda NX650 has been reassembled with new rings etc and the exhaust studs repaired;
    ....and the engine has been reunited with the chassis for the first time in probably 10 years +;

Cracking bike!!

Subscribed!

Making the most of the nice weather this morning.

Blog Entries
    Yup. It's a Mirage.

I am also thinking Harris. Although the Harris price list is rather eye watering.

Unfortunately, the Lavatory wasn't for sale.
    Think I'll go out for a spin on the Harris frame later!

Couple of nice days of riding, albeit nothing long distance. I did catch a game of cricket in Harpenden yesterday, though, and the bike is looking good.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Another good ride into Wales on Sunday 13.09. Met up with non other than Enoch at Bala, who was out there with a few of his mates, and what a good bunch they were too. I know Enoch likes the Bala stop, but when I arrived I couldnt see him. However, went for a coffee and then saw him from aloft. Went down and said hello and he introduced me to his pals.

On to Barmouth next. I recommended a chippy I always go to there, but unfortunately for some reason, it was closed that day. Anyway, we agreed to go to the Victoria Hotel for a bit of dinner and a cheeky drink. I think its fair to say a better meal than the chippy would have been, but that chippy is gorgeous too. It was lovely to sit outside in the sun with a good bunch of lads, (and a very fast young lady).

All in all, a really good day out and really good company.

Stuart

Master
    A good day was had by all👍😎

yesterday was a great day for biking, i got up as far as shrewsbury but kept getting stopped by pubs so didnt get into wales :P

Master
    Made a quick trip up to Cumbria last Friday - when the weather was slightly worse than this weekend.

Here's a one minute look at the Hardknott Pass (from an Innovv K2 'dashcam') where I encountered an intrepid cyclist negotiating a tight hairpin on a 1 in 3 hill climb.

Apologies for the crappy sound. The Innovv makes it sound like my GS is running underwater.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I’ve done the Hardknott a few times in my cars, but never on a bike. I would like to give it a go, but a couple of times I’ve been over there has been bikes crashed, or dropped. Some of those bends are really sharp and on an incredible incline, and the road surface leaves a lot to be desired. Well done for doing it though, maybe one day I’ll give it a go.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The time has come, everything is prepared and it seems to be going to plan: the battery is on charge, fresh engine oil has been added, fuel is in the tank and the tap turned to `reserve` (and no dribbles from the carb overflow). I don`t think i`ve missed anything.
    I am now going down to the garage to thumb the start button to see what happens..

Lovely spin out this morning down the local country lanes.....

One of the things I love about Scrambler style bikes is their simplistic easy going ability. So rather than just wonder "where does that go....", you can actually go and have a look and find out....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I’ve done the Hardknott a few times in my cars, but never on a bike. I would like to give it a go, but a couple of times I’ve been over there has been bikes crashed, or dropped. Some of those bends are really sharp and on an incredible incline, and the road surface leaves a lot to be desired. Well done for doing it though, maybe one day I’ll give it a go.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    On an empty road it's not too bad at all, and on Friday I saw all kinds of bikes over there, from a couple of Gold Wings to an R9T and everything in between.

The challenge can come from other traffic which forces you to stop or prevents you from using all of the road to get around the bends - like the bloke on his pedal cycle in my video clip.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post

Stuart
    I managed to do it on my recumbent CX with `Relax-o-Rama` seating position, and that is a bike that was not built for such roads at all!
    The low and reclined riding position meant i could hardly see over the humps and around the bends without `sitting up`, and the swept-back `tiller` type `bars required much arm articulation to get the required lock for those horribly tight, uphill and cambered bends.
    The best technique is to attack each bend with commitment like an obstacle when off-roading. Be too timid in your approach and you`ll lose momentum and stall/topple.
    It`s a bit like a low-rent Stelvio!

Good experience, though.

Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 14th September 2020 at 21:04. Reason: chippy supper

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Lovely spin out this morning down the local country lanes.....

One of the things I love about Scrambler style bikes is their simplistic easy going ability. So rather than just wonder "where does that go....", you can actually go and have a look and find out....
    We need to get out, Mark - ping me a message if/when you're around.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

On an empty road it's not too bad at all, and on Friday I saw all kinds of bikes over there, from a couple of Gold Wings to an R9T and everything in between.

The challenge can come from other traffic which forces you to stop or prevents you from using all of the road to get around the bends - like the bloke on his pedal cycle in my video clip.
    Thats impressive riding and fuelling to pull away at such low speeds. We did the Italian and French Alps three years ago on my F650GS. The key thing that you highlight above is getting a good clear run At the tight bends. Also I recon Hardknott is narrower and tighter than the alpine climbs.

The trouble comes when Johny tourist in his Audi or Volvo decide to stop part way around the turn, thus blocking the road. The camber is all wrong, plus we were loaded up with luggage! We made every one , but as I said fuelling makes a big difference to be able to punch out of the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Made a quick trip up to Cumbria last Friday - when the weather was slightly worse than this weekend.

Here's a one minute look at the Hardknott Pass (from an Innovv K2 'dashcam') where I encountered an intrepid cyclist negotiating a tight hairpin on a 1 in 3 hill climb.

Apologies for the crappy sound. The Innovv makes it sound like my GS is running underwater.
    That's very impressive - made my blood run cold just watching, thinking about those cambers, turns and bumps at such low speed.

That sound really is awful, though - maybe treat yourself to a GoPro?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Thats impressive riding and fuelling to pull away at such low speeds. We did the Italian and French Alps three years ago on my F650GS. The key thing that you highlight above is getting a good clear run At the tight bends. Also I recon Hardknott is narrower and tighter than the alpine climbs.

The trouble comes when Johny tourist in his Audi or Volvo decide to stop part way around the turn, thus blocking the road. The camber is all wrong, plus we were loaded up with luggage! We made every one , but as I said fuelling makes a big difference to be able to punch out of the corners.
    Yes, this time I had a good run. I think I only needed to stop once for traffic, and that was on a flat bit of road. Last time I did it (a year ago) I had several 'moments', but a years more experience and a more assertive riding style made life easier this time around. Also agree, the big GS makes this kind of riding easy as it's great at low speeds - in terms of balance and fuelling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's very impressive - made my blood run cold just watching, thinking about those cambers, turns and bumps at such low speed.

That sound really is awful, though - maybe treat yourself to a GoPro?
    Although I like the picture and sound quality of a GoPro, having tried one I quickly realised it was all too much faffing about for my purposes.

The Innovv is hard wired and permanently recording when the bike is switched on, so it's basically something that just works. I use it mainly for reviewing my rides (to learn and improve) and also to point out stuff to IAM associates. In both those scenarios the sound quality is less of an issue. I also use it to grab an occasional still picture from the video.

The problem with the Innovv is just the quality and location of the microphone. It's a tiny pin-hole in the side of the main recording unit which is housed under the seat of the GS. A mate of mine is handy with a soldering iron and is looking into fitting an external mic to his unit. Maybe that would improve things.

Nutter!

A little ride out this morning before it got too warm...the 1st service mileage has been completed ready for Friday and ppf is going on tomorrow

Master
    My 20 year old Jalopy, going for a spin tonight to scrub those new tyres in.

Blog Entries
    Nutter!

Quite. Much prefer a cruiser...

Master
    Nutter!

Im looking forward to “Guy on a bike” next video, with the talented author, stood on the seat of Tangerine Dream.

Blog Entries
    Im looking forward to “Guy on a bike” next video, with the talented author, stood on the seat of Tangerine Dream.
    Or Stuart Fillingham perhaps?

I may just give that a miss, Steve

Or stood on the seat of a Triumph???

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Or stood on the seat of a Triumph???
    To be honest, I'll be happy either way. The beauty of my bike's not lost on me, fortunately :)

After a couple of S.C purchases, a drone and also a recently received GoPro from Kerry (100thMonkey) I made a short film on my bike at The Cat and Fiddle Road.

https://youtu.be/bsrxom1msbI

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    After a couple of S.C purchases, a drone and also a recently received GoPro from Kerry (100thMonkey) I made a short film on my bike at The Cat and Fiddle Road.
    My back yard.
    I live in Macc and am doing my bike training in Buxton so I'm back and forth on the Cat road all the time at the moment. In fact next week when I do my Mod2 I'll ride over on my YRB125, ride back to Macc on one of their CB650s, do my test, ride back to Buxton and then ride the YBR back home (hopefully without L plates).

Blog Entries

Nice film, what make of drone is it, will it follow and keep filming? Never had one so probably an obvious answer!

Master

Lee lovely film and nicely put together. Having watched your lines I cant help offering some advice on road position.

For left handers you position towards the crown of the road , hit the apex and ride through, spot on. For right handers, especially the two with the chevrons compare your position. You move to the middle crown of the road and in essence tighten up the corner. A better option would be to hug the left curb then Move to the apex as you do on left handers.

Sorry to sound like an arse, and Im happy to be shot down, but I did the Bikesafe course last year and they spend ages stressing road position before a corner. Apparently left hand bends are the bends bikes crash on, usually head on! And the good news you have that one nailed already.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    My back yard.
    I live in Macc and am doing my bike training in Buxton so I'm back and forth on the Cat road all the time at the moment. In fact next week when I do my Mod2 I'll ride over on my YRB125, ride back to Macc on one of their CB650s, do my test, ride back to Buxton and then ride the YBR back home (hopefully without L plates).
    Good luck with your test, best thing I ever did!

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice film, what make of drone is it, will it follow and keep filming? Never had one so probably an obvious answer!
    Thank you, it’s a DGI spark, it does has follow mode although it was a struggle in the very windy conditions as it kept wanting to auto land.

Lee lovely film and nicely put together. Having watched your lines I cant help offering some advice on road position.

For left handers you position towards the crown of the road , hit the apex and ride through, spot on. For right handers, especially the two with the chevrons compare your position. You move to the middle crown of the road and in essence tighten up the corner. A better option would be to hug the left curb then Move to the apex as you do on left handers.

Sorry to sound like an arse, and Im happy to be shot down, but I did the Bikesafe course last year and they spend ages stressing road position before a corner. Apparently left hand bends are the bends bikes crash on, usually head on! And the good news you have that one nailed already.

Steve
    Glad you like the film Steve and as far as I’m concerned learning from advice is far more useful than ignoring it, I’ll give it a try next time!

easiest way to think about it is if you overshoot a right hander you might end up in a hedge, if you overshoot a left hander theres a good chance you are going head on into a vehicle coming from the opposite direction (this killed a friend of mine a few years ago )

Lovely day for it..

I was out and about on the highways and byeways of Hampshire today on the DR Big 800, what a lovely day for it, hanging on to the summer in the glorious sunshine, warmth and clear blue skies!

....and a bit of fording action....

For those of you who arn`t afraid of getting dirty check out this website for some watersport adventures in your area....... http://www.wetroads.co.uk/
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 17th September 2020 at 20:07.

not sure if this has been posted before , but for those that like cafe racer style bikes this is a new british build 2 stroke , at around £28k +VAT i think its overpriced (you could buy a scrap 250/250 old lc and make your own for much less) - none the less its a nice looking thing :)

https://langenmotorcycles.co.uk/the2stroke/