closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 114 of 359 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,700 of 17915

Thread: More bike related stuff

See? Another amazing pic...does it actually look that good?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    See? Another amazing pic...does it actually look that good?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Actually... yes, it does

My Super Duke R is and has always been a fun bike to ride and although I had tweaked front and back compression and rebound settings I hadn't played with the preload and so static and rider sag were not ideal.
    Today, to get it sorted properly, I took the bike to HM Racing and after about an hour of fettling their efforts have really made a difference to the handling and comfort of the bike. I was a little worried when they told me that they increased the rear preload so the seat would be just a bit higher...but thankfully the ground is still within reach of both feet .

I don’t think I’ve ever been happier sub 50mph on a bike than I was this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever been happier sub 50mph on a bike than I was this evening.
    Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Having ridden neither of them I'd probably stick with the R9T. Shaft drive and the looks are enough.
    I’ve not ridden either too but I’d go for the Speed Twin in a heartbeat.

I have owned BMW’s before and although I loved them they always seemed to lack soul.....it’s a very personal thing I know. They’re actually both outstanding bikes that most would be very happy to own. At the end of the day it’s down to whatever makes your heart sing.

I’d also go for the grey myself .

Can’t wait to see what you decide Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    My Super Duke R is and has always been a fun bike to ride and although I had tweaked front and back compression and rebound settings I hadn't played with the preload and so static and rider sag were not ideal.
    Today, to get it sorted properly, I took the bike to HM Racing and after about an hour of fettling their efforts have really made a difference to the handling and comfort of the bike. I was a little worried when they told me that they increased the rear preload so the seat would be just a bit higher...but thankfully the ground is still within reach of both feet .
    Had my SDR set up too when I had it - similar preload message given. It was worth doing but if I’’m honest made less difference to the bike than when my Fireblade was properly set up. Why I don’t know. Might have been the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Great to see you out enjoying it, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I’ve not ridden either too but I’d go for the Speed Twin in a heartbeat.

I have owned BMW’s before and although I loved them they always seemed to lack soul.....it’s a very personal thing I know. They’re actually both outstanding bikes that most would be very happy to own. At the end of the day it’s down to whatever makes your heart sing.

I’d also go for the grey myself .

Can’t wait to see what you decide Tony.

I don’t think the R9T could be described as soulless, Mark, but perhaps it’s an exception. Anyway, I did like the black on the ST, so it’s being priced on that basis with the following options:

ALUMINIUM CHAIN GUARD - BLACK
    AUXILIARY POWER SOCKET
    CNC MACHINED FORK PROTECTORS
    ENGINE PROTECTOR KIT
    KNEE PADS
    RUBBER TANK PAD
    HEATED GRIP KIT
    BLACK INTAKE COVERS
    DRESSER BAR - BLACK
    CNC MACHINED FRONT RESERVOIR
    PADDOCK STAND BOBBINS - BLACK
    MACHINED HEADLIGHT BEZEL

In for a penny...

Master
    For me, I have been thinking of changing the Striple for something with more classic looks and drivetrain for a while. I love the Thruxton but the riding position is a non-starter for me.

So when the Speed Twin twin came out I knew there was a good chance it would be the one...5 minutes into the ride it was confirmed.

I think for you Tony, the decision is more nuanced, and whilst personally I'm not a fan of the R9T's looks, the colour of yours does really lift it and make it stand out.

It's a nice choice to have to make though

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Had my SDR set up too when I had it - similar preload message given. It was worth doing but if I’’m honest made less difference to the bike than when my Fireblade was properly set up. Why I don’t know. Might have been the set up.
    I think there's only so much that can be done with the stock SDR suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I think there's only so much that can be done with the stock SDR suspension.
    ...and only so much any suspension can do to moderate the sensation and power delivery of several small nuclear bombs going off every time the throttle is opened.

Miss mine.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

In for a penny...

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I like this.

Shared widely lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    ...and only so much any suspension can do to moderate the sensation and power delivery of several small nuclear bombs going off every time the throttle is opened.

Miss mine.
    I want to try the 890R...but I shouldn't

Craftsman
    To be fair, bikes don't get much cooler.

Very nice. Does it have a similar sound to the gs1200? Sort of thrummy. Do like the sound of those.
    Last edited by kildareman; 24th June 2020 at 23:04. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    Very nice. Does it have a similar sound to the gs1200? Sorry of thrummy. Do like the sound of those.
    I guess thrummy is as good a description as any!

In for a penny...
    You must be the cleanest man in the village with all the baths you've been taking

You must be the cleanest man in the village with all the baths you've been taking
    On this occasion the bath will probably remain empty!

I don’t think the R9T could be described as soulless, Mark, but perhaps it’s an exception. Anyway, I did like the black on the ST, so it’s being priced on that basis with the following options:

AUXILIARY POWER SOCKET
    ENGINE PROTECTOR KIT
    KNEE PADS
    RUBBER TANK PAD
    HEATED GRIP KIT
    BLACK INTAKE COVERS
    DRESSER BAR - BLACK
    MACHINED HEADLIGHT BEZEL

In for a penny...
    I agree, didn’t put your 9T into that bracket. I suspect though that a bit like myself you have a bit of a Triumph thing going on too .

Like the choice of initial accessories....can’t wait to see it in the flesh.

AUXILIARY POWER SOCKET
    ENGINE PROTECTOR KIT
    KNEE PADS
    RUBBER TANK PAD
    HEATED GRIP KIT
    BLACK INTAKE COVERS
    DRESSER BAR - BLACK
    MACHINED HEADLIGHT BEZEL

In for a penny...
    As an aside, and this may be teaching grandma to suck eggs, but if you do get all that stuff fitted, make sure you pick up the take offs at the same time.

I had a few bits fitted to mine and discovered a little later that the dealer holds on to the removed parts for a couple of weeks and then bins them if not collected. As some of this stuff could be ebayed at some point in the future, it's worth having the original stuff to put back on.

For me, i wanted to take off the Scrambler headlamp grille as it was a pain to clean in the winter, but they'd binned the original bezel

As an aside, and this may be teaching grandma to suck eggs, but if you do get all that stuff fitted, make sure you pick up the take offs at the same time.

I had a few bits fitted to mine and discovered a little later that the dealer holds on to the removed parts for a couple of weeks and then bins them if not collected. As some of this stuff could be ebayed at some point in the future, it's worth having the original stuff to put back on.

For me, i wanted to take off the Scrambler headlamp grille as it was a pain to clean in the winter, but they'd binned the original bezel
    I doubt they’ll have binned them; sold them on eBay is far more likely. But they wouldn’t tell you that!

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I agree, didn’t put your 9T into that bracket. I suspect though that a bit like myself you have a bit of a Triumph thing going on too .

Like the choice of initial accessories....can’t wait to see it in the flesh.

Yes, I'm definitely drawn to Triumph - legacy from my youth, no doubt. Anyway, it's not a done deal yet, just a possibility at present.

Good point. There aren't many take-offs here, though - the old grips could go, which would just leave the headlight bezel and intake covers.

I can categorically state that removed parts are sold on eBay if not claimed. A friend of mine has an arrangement with the main dealer for a couple of major marques where he periodically collects their unclaimed parts stash, then eBays it all on their behalf and collects a percentage of the proceeds. For obvious reasons they don't want to be seen ebaying what are mostly new parts themselves.

I'd be surprised if this dealer is the exception, I would imagine it's a widespread practice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post

I'd be surprised if this dealer is the exception, I would imagine it's a widespread practice.
    Not with my dealer.. I just collected my engine cases off the Speedmaster that was bought on March 1st.

Their policy is that as long as you tell them you’ll be collecting take off parts, they’ll keep them until you collect.

Good point. There aren't many take-offs here, though - the old grips could go, which would just leave the headlight bezel and intake covers.
    ...and chain guard and reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I doubt they’ll have binned them; sold them on eBay is far more likely. But they wouldn’t tell you that!
    They may well do, but either way they are disposed of.

I have to say that most stock items go for absolute peanuts on ebay, whereas the accessory parts do ok 50%-80%.

Master
    Going for a test ride on this today😈😈

...and chain guard and reservoir
    Oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Going for a test ride on this today

I must do at some point.

Unfortunately my dealer only has the R on dem and I'd want to try the GT - for me the riding position is one of the most important parts of the bike

They may well do, but either way they are disposed of.

I have to say that most stock items go for absolute peanuts on ebay, whereas the accessory parts do ok 50%-80%.
    This is very true, doing my Triumph I realised that the best way of getting what I wanted was to buy OEM front and rear fenders, then cut them down. I was going to have to repaint anyhow, so I was losing nothing to effort.
    I got both fenders (used, but lightly) with the front fender stays for under £35. £42 with postage, from 2 dfferent sellers.
    Everyone is removing stock stuff to fit their bolt on goodies, and the stock stuff's value is very low.
    Dave

Not with my dealer.. I just collected my engine cases off the Speedmaster that was bought on March 1st.

Their policy is that as long as you tell them you’ll be collecting take off parts, they’ll keep them until you collect.
    Unclaimed parts, not claimed parts!

Master

If the tarmac wasn’t blistered and bubbling before , it will be once you launch that beast:)
    Last edited by higham5; 25th June 2020 at 16:20.

Actually... yes, it does
    It sounds as good as it looks as well!

I am sure it rides that well, given the other R9Ts I have ridden.

Now that's a "cruiser style" (is that the correct term?) I would like a go on. I tried the original & it was quite a laugh until I had to wait for some road works traffic lights for a couple of minutes. Almost boiled my crown jewels!!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    I recently visiting Triumph North London to check out the T120 which is still the bike I'll likely get...but sitting it next to the Rocket is just unfair.

Blog Entries

Wow that's a beast. Be interesting to see how heavy that is.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by abryant64 View Post
    I recently visiting Triumph North London to check out the T120 which is still the bike I'll likely get...but sitting it next to the Rocket is just unfair.
    They have a beautiful T120 custom in there right now...

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    About 2 1/2 tones probably!

It looks the part though, I’d like a ride on that.

Master
    What a great day.... I had the GT and my mate, got the R.. Normally the dealer doesn’t like mates to go out on test rides together in case they get a bit silly on bikes they don’t own, but our relationship with this dealer is such that they trust us to treat their demos as our own, which is nice. The dealer principle (Andrew) even told us to fill both bikes on his account, and we could have the bikes all day..

We both paid for our fuel though

So to the bikes. Mine was brand new with just 22 miles on the clock, so obviously I’m going to treat it with respect. When I returned it, it had 99 miles on it, so fair to say a decent test ride.
    As you would expect, the engine is the focal point, and it’s truly epic. It may only have similar power to my Ducati, but the torque, oh yes it’s all about the torque. 4th gear roll on is quite addictive and the bike literally hauls between corners. Once in the curves though, the bike disguises it’s weight extremely well. Yes it’s never going to be a sports bike but that’s not the point.

Comfort was spot on for me, and I could easily imagine 200 miles being a breeze. Another surprising feature was the brakes, they required very little effort to haul it down ready for a curve.
    The TFT screen is funky and functional.

All in all, I really liked it. I’m not sure if I liked it enough to buy one, but at this stage I’m not going to dismiss it just yet.

Last edited by Enoch; 25th June 2020 at 18:41.

Looks like they are going for the Ducati Diavel sector........

I hear Triumph are shifting their entire production to Far East - I wonder if they will destroy their image in doing so??

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

I hear Triumph are shifting their entire production to Far East - I wonder if they will destroy their image in doing so??
    TFC models remaining in Hinkley.

Don't have an issue with the move. They've been building in Thailand for years. There was a very good article last year I think in one the magazines on the setup there and it's amazing. Casting etc all done there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

A significant amount of the production was already in Thailand where they have three factories I believe.

Over in the UK they employ over 200 people in their design dept plus many more in their prototyping centre.

My BMW Bike has an Austrian engine built in China and finally assembled in Berlin. Do I care where it comes from, I want to drink milk not buy a cow.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    291kgs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    291kgs
    Looks like a caricature of a Stallone bike. In a good way? Not sure.

Master
    If I was going to get one, it’d be the R version, but with forward controls....just like this..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If I was going to get one, it’d be the R version, but with forward controls....just like this..

Yep, I see that.

That looks like a bike which would be in a movie like Terminator or Judge Dread. Very Stallone as Skyman said. Wouldn't like to move it around the garage though, I'd put my back out!

That looks like a bike which would be in a movie like Terminator or Judge Dread. Very Stallone as Skyman said. Wouldn't like to move it around the garage though, I'd put my back out!
    You move the garage around it

Master
    You move the garage around it
    As Clarkson would say “ enough torque to turn the world” so moving the garage on a turntable would be nowt!