timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 111 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,550 of 18088

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.
    Lovely to see you both out on the bike again and posting!

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.
    Good to hear from you, was only thinking the other day hadn't seen you on here for a while. Take it easy, a bit at a time, if you need to put on a few pounds I have some spare.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.👍
    Well done sir! Had no idea you were suffering so much grief but glad to see youre taking the bull by the horns and getting back into what you love. All good wishes, blue skies and happy riding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks guys.

Andrew leave the Trumpet in the garage and get yourself a KTM Rc390. With your newfound lightweight physique you will be like Max Biaggi on those N Wales roads. Only issue is you will have to wait for your wingmen to catch up.

Great to see you out and about, keep eating the cakes and enjoying the miles.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew leave the Trumpet in the garage and get yourself a KTM Rc390. With your newfound lightweight physique you will be like Max Biaggi on those N Wales roads. Only issue is you will have to wait for your wingmen to catch up.

Steve
    Probably better on a 390 Duke.

In fact, we should all be riding them!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Probably better on a 390 Duke.

In fact, we should all be riding them!
    Tell me about it ! I have been looking at them. Unfortunately their success has fuelled a price rise. A lad on UKGS bought an early one for 2999, the outgoing Euro 4s are 4.5 ish and the 2021 models 5k.

Im going to get one when my F700GS gets too heavy. However in the meantime Ive just aquired another classic, a 1972 Honda XL250 Motorsport :)

Master

Steve
    With my knees its forward controls only Im afraid🙁

But Im very tempted to order a new Xdiavel for my 60th in Feb..🤪👍🏍

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    It`s time to splash some cash and treat myself........
    ......any deals out there?
    Bike ordered....
    I found that dealers were willing to listen with regard to making a deal to secure buisiness.
    Despite being a buyer with the worst possible credentials for someone in search of a good buy (cash buyer, no p/x, no finance, and a factory-order bike) i got a result that i was happy with.
    I offered to pay list price if they added my preferred accessories so got ~1400 worth of luggage included.
    Ocean also have a couple of in-stock bikes advertised with a decent discount offered (if it`s genuine - these salesmen arn`t stoopid and will probably have a cunning plan to ensure they claw back that discount somehow!)
    Had to go the factory order route due to the specific spec on my bike and word is that it will not be delivered until the new year, possibly late this year. That`s fine with me, the weeks/months years seem to fly by so a few months wait is no problem. I still have the Hexhead (+ other bikes) to go out on.
    The main reason for the delay is due to the recent floods in Germany wiping out the factory that builds the ZF suspension so units are in short supply.
    1250GSA TE btw (yeah i know, i never thought i`d ever be one of those riders either.....)

Master
    Bought a new helmet a month or so ago.

An Icon Airflite.

Out on my first proper ride with it.

Looks amazing..... loudest thing on earth.

I'm basically inside a jet engine.

Terrible purchase.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Great news Enoch, and great to hear from you again!
    Heres to a speedy continued recovery

Good luck Enoch.
    Here’s to a speedy continued recovery and weight gains.

Good to see you back Enoch.
    Hope the full recovery goes well!

Nice one Enoch!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Heyup Enoch, thats terrific news mate, Im sure well catch up at Rhug or Bala soon, looking forward to it

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks everyone👍 Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.😎

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable🏍🏍

Master
    Thanks everyone👍 Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.😎

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable🏍🏍
    I was at the raven today!

First time I've been. Some great bikes about.

Hit a pheasant on the m53 on the way home while in the outside lane. No idea how I'm still alive.

Bruised stomach and ribs as well as a mess on my jacket and bike.

Can't complain though as still moving

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I was at the raven today!

First time I've been. Some great bikes about.

Hit a pheasant on the m53 on the way home while in the outside lane. No idea how I'm still alive.

Bruised stomach and ribs as well as a mess on my jacket and bike.

Can't complain though as still moving

Sheeeeeeeyiittt. Bad luck! As you say, could be a lot worse. Hows the bike?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable

Great news,sounds like they where helping you to build up your strength with the cakes.

Maybe see you on the road one day.

Any of you guys into off-roading on the bikes, i don't mean Adventure bikes like a GS, was thinking more enduro bikes like KTM, Gas Gas or other brands, friends of mine have been going on about it and i'm intrigued...

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Any of you guys into off-roading on the bikes, i don't mean Adventure bikes like a GS, was thinking more enduro bikes like KTM, Gas Gas or other brands, friends of mine have been going on about it and i'm intrigued...
    I started trail riding in about 1999; in 2006 we moved to Spain and inset up Trailespana which I ran for a couple of years before moving back to the UK.

I then competed in Enduros until retiring about four years ago.

Subject to COVID, I try to get back out to Spain a couple of times a year to ride my older routes.

Its completely different to riding on the road and great fun. It is physically demanding though and you will fall off a lot. A 250cc bike is plenty big enough for almost anyone; you really do want light weight over lots of power.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 22nd September 2021 at 16:25.

I started trail riding in about 1999; in 2006 we moved to Spain and inset up Trailespana which I ran for a couple of years before moving back to the UK.

Subject to COVID, I try to get back out to Spain a couple of times a year to ride my older routes.

Its completely different to riding on the road and great fun. It is physically demanding though and you will fall off a lot. A 250cc bike is plenty big enough for almost anyone; you really do want light weight over lots of power.
    I've never fancied trail riding, but everyone who has tried it - reckon that it is entirely addictive.

Ah ok sounds interesting, you also said the same as a few of the guys who I was talking to, a 250cc is more than enough for most people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I've recently got in to off roading as my son wanted a bike and I wasn't prepared to let him have all the fun. I enjoy it far more than riding on the road. It's just more interesting, more challenging, more physical and a great way to just get away from everything for a while.

I'm nowhere near the expert levels of Dave but would echo everything he's said. A 250 is more than enough for most folk and being lightweight will matter a lot more than being fast. You will fall and get stuck more than you think and when you do you'll be glad of a light bike. I went for an old 2005 Yamaha wrf250 for no other reason than it was fully road legal, at a good price and was local. The road legal bit was important as I didn't want to have to get a van/trailer so with this bike I can ride short distances to local trails. It's been a good choice so far but it does seem like the Japanese bikes are less trendy with the middle aged trail riding mob. That's probably got more to do with the pro enduro circuit being all Husqvarna, KTM, Beta, Gas Gas, Sherco and mostly all 2 strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I went for an old 2005 Yamaha wrf250 for no other reason than it was fully road legal, at a good price and was local. The road legal bit was important as I didn't want to have to get a van/trailer so with this bike I can ride short distances to local trails. It's been a good choice.
    The 2005 model was a sweet spot for me, it finally had electric start but still had the 10 litre fuel tank (later models had 8 litres).

It allowed me to complete a full 3 hour H&H enduro without having to put for fuel.

Even when they moved to the ally framed models in 2007, they werent really any better or lighter and even the latest, fuel injected models arent vastly superior.

Great to hear you are back on the bike Enoch! Best wishes.

Master
    It didn't hit the bike.

Hit me straight in the ribs under my arm and went across my lap. It was on the floor in the middle lane and flew out the way of a car a couple of car lengths ahead of me to my left.

I was moving at 90 leptons

Felt like I had been hit with a bodyshot from a heavyweight.

Winded me and I pulled into the slow lane. A few cars pulled along side me to give me the thumbs up and see if I was OK.

I stopped when I got to the mersey tunnel and checked I was alive

If it had hit my bars, hand or helmet I doubt I would be here now.

Good to see youre back riding Enoch and hope you continue to recover.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Took the exhaust baffles out of the CCM before having a ride Friday evening. Just too loud, so theyre back in.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    It didn't hit the bike.

Hit me straight in the ribs under my arm and went across my lap. It was on the floor in the middle lane and flew out the way of a car a couple of car lengths ahead of me to my left.

I was moving at 90 leptons

Felt like I had been hit with a bodyshot from a heavyweight.

Winded me and I pulled into the slow lane. A few cars pulled along side me to give me the thumbs up and see if I was OK.

I stopped when I got to the mersey tunnel and checked I was alive

If it had hit my bars, hand or helmet I doubt I would be here now.

Wow! Lucky to be around to tell the tale! Ive seen the damage hitting one of these can do to a car, and I speak from experience, broken bodywork and a smashed fog light!

Glad youre ok other than bruising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you're okay.
    I had a pigeon in the chest about two months ago and my biggest problem was seeing where I was going through the cloud of feathers. Its amazing how they can detatch their entire plumage instantly.

Master
    Managed around 100 miles today👍

Must have been some sort of GS owners meet up the Horseshoe Pass..

Probably not!

Lovely old 400/4

Master
    Blog Entries
    Managed around 100 miles today

][/url]
    Love that yellow 400/4 mine had a cambells 4 into 1.

Master
    Managed around 100 miles today
    Excellent news...onwards and upwards

Managed around 100 miles today👍

Nice one Enoch :)

Thats a decent length ride out. Id be needing a sit down after that tbh.

Whats your bike collection looking like at the mo? Still got the Diavel?

Great to hear you're back on the bike Enoch and that you've got some good mates helping you. Move in with me for a few weeks and you'll be wearing a 38" waist in no time!

Craftsman
    Glad to hear you're recovering. I've not met you in real life, but I wish you the best Enoch.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Great post Enoch, glad you are back out and about.

Good to see you back on a bike Enoch. Long may that continue.

I just placed a deposit on this today.

Toyed with a mint SP1 but ultimately I dont have the skills to get the best out of it. One day perhaps.

However, a V4 with gear driven cams is synonymous with Honda, even if this was a bit of a flop back in the day. Will have to wait a short while but hope to have it before the roads get too cold and salty.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post

Toyed with a mint SP1 but ultimately I dont have the skills to get the best out of it. One day perhaps.

However, a V4 with gear driven cams is synonymous with Honda, even if this was a bit of a flop back in the day. Will have to wait a short while but hope to have it before the roads get too cold and salty.
    Thats a lovely bike. Congratulations!

Im hopefully picking up my third bike this evening, for winter use. But it doesnt really count. Forzaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Thats a lovely bike. Congratulations!

Im hopefully picking up my third bike this evening, for winter use. But it doesnt really count. Forzaaaaaa!
    Hah! So tempting... which one?

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Hah! So tempting... which one?
    Its a 300, new shape. Holds two helmets under the seat, heated grips, electric windscreen like a Goldwing, keyless drive, full LEDs, full granny skirt to keep your legs warm, does 90mpg, can tour the world on it and all for not very much really. Its like a G Shock, in that the uncomfortable truth is that its ugly but its all you really need lol.

Last edited by Plake; 21st September 2021 at 22:23.

Master

A lot more practical than the SP1. My mate has 2 of em, 80 miles to a tank and thats your lot lovely bikes but more for the track IMO👍

Master

The Bike Specialists Sheffield. I often drool at their stuff, they only deal in the best quality and marques. That 1000 looks a stunner and the engine will be a peach.

Steve

The Bike Specialists Sheffield. I often drool at their stuff, they only deal in the best quality and marques. That 1000 looks a stunner and the engine will be a peach.

Steve
    It is indeed.

This will be my fourth bike from them. I work around the corner and this has been detrimental to my bank balance!

Master
    It is indeed.

This will be my fourth bike from them. I work around the corner and this has been detrimental to my bank balance!
    A lad I know bought a very exotic Ducati from them its a special edition , limited run, cost 35k. Trouble is hes scared stiff of taking it out, so he just canes his KTM 1290 everywhere:)

Master

Toyed with a mint SP1 but ultimately I don’t have the skills to get the best out of it. One day perhaps.

Wow, what a beauty! (ETA the bike not you!!)

Classic!
    I love Jap bikes from the 80`s and 90`s.

And, thanks for posting the pic - i have a brake caliper here from a mystery Honda of that era and i now know exectly what model it came off, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Classic!
    I love Jap bikes from the 80`s and 90`s.

And, thanks for posting the pic - i have a brake caliper here from a mystery Honda of that era and i now know exectly what model it came off, thanks!

That was handy!

I read the brakes were pretty poor on these, which is a shame given the wet weight of the bike is immense.

Looking forward to adding it to my little collection. I would like a slab side Suzuki GSX or a first year of production Fireblade too, but that will have to wait until next year.