closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 108 of 357 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,400 of 17840

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    What a gorgeous day to ride. 23C cool, blue skies, and just ace. A few hours on Surreys twisties, and then staked out at Heathrow on the way home. Good to see flights coming/going every 3 minutes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    140 miles around some of the best Shropshire roads I’ve e ever ridden on...

My next door neighbour on my Speedmaster leading the way, he knows Shropshire like the back of his hand, and took me on a route I’ve never been on before.

Culminating in Fish n Chips in Bridgenorth, most agreeable.

Best tasting fish and chips IMHO by far in the area is the one in Ironbridge to the left of the bridge.

Master
    [QUOTE=Gyp;5429757]About 24mpg on my RGV, though for proper scary fuel consumption I recall a family holiday in 1975 where we towed an enormous caravan with a Rover P5B (3.5 litre V8) from Wiltshire to the Algarve and back.

It was a 3,300 mile or so round trip and the Rover managed an average of 8mpg, running on 5* leaded petrol

We have a Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    That's a shame :-)
    LOL - I know which I would rather have

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    LOL - I know which I would rather have
    I know, but those Yamahas are thin on the ground these days

Master

Brembo Brake Recall

My mate was all set for a big ride out tomorrow and is saying the Triumph Safety recall note he received today says no more riding until pads are fixed. He rides Triumph Street Triple.

Issue relates to Brembo brake pads - friction material coming away from pad.

https://advrider.com/triumph-and-duc...brake-problem/

Anyone else get the same notification?

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    My mate was all set for a big ride out tomorrow and is saying the Triumph Safety recall note he received today says no more riding until pads are fixed. He rides Triumph Street Triple.

Issue relates to Brembo brake pads - friction material coming away from pad.

https://advrider.com/triumph-and-duc...brake-problem/

Anyone else get the same notification?
    Just for clarity (and before wholesale panic sets in) it's the 2018-20 Street Triple RS.

Stuart?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Just for clarity (and before wholesale panic sets in) it's the 2018-20 Street Triple RS.

Stuart?
    Thanks for clarifying Tony - my friend has 2019 RS.

Update: Just heard he managed to get an appointment today at his dealer to get pads swapped.
    Good service from his dealer!
    Last edited by I a n; 29th May 2020 at 10:47.

Master
    Pretty perfect morning out on the Honda...

That looks superb Downer!
    Fabulous looking bike, candy red is one of my fave Honda colours...my old Hornet9 is the same.

Fuel consumption...few years back I toured the French alps on my TuonoR, geared 15/44 (normally 15/42)
    Averaged just over 26mpg...mind you, we were either nailing it, or low gears through multiple, multiple hairpins..
    Spent a fortune on fuel....worth every penny.

My first ride since April 11th & my wife's first trip since we got back from a tour in Spain last September which now seems like a lifetime ago. Went out on Bank Holiday Monday on our own, riding from Bristol to one of our favourite parts of the World, the New Forest. Traffic was light to moderate and we had just the one fuel stop on the way down and one comfort break on the way home. We avoided the hot spots and found a nice spot to park up and eat the packed lunch we'd taken with us. Apologies for the scruffy look but not seen my barber since mid-February and the beard is just a little bit of fun a few mates are having during lock-down....

20200525_123047-1 by Steve Bolt

20200525_161255 by Steve Bolt

20200525_163248 by Steve Bolt
    Last edited by Red Steve; 29th May 2020 at 16:29.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

Stuart?
    I had already contacted my local Triumph dealer about this earlier in the week. It transpires that my bike is actually one of the affected ones, and they have already ordered the front pads for me. This morning a recall letter arrived from Triumph. Getting a new set of pads fitted is a nice surprise.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just spent a few minutes learning about this little British bike. It was designed to be dropped in a 15” metal tube alongside paratroopers.

1.5 bhp, one gear and tiny. Probably not a lot of use in reality (as it turned out) but love the concept!

http://motos-of-war.ru/en/motorcycle...lsior-welbike/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Just spent a few minutes learning about this little British bike. It was designed to be dropped in a 15” metal tube alongside paratroopers.

1.5 bhp, one gear and tiny. Probably not a lot of use in reality (as it turned out) but love the concept!

http://motos-of-war.ru/en/motorcycle...lsior-welbike/
    There is a big following on this genre of bike, other include the Royal Enfield Flying Flea ( also deployed in a cage by parachute, and the Corgi. The flea looks most like a real bike, the corgi is similar to the welbike in your link.

Master
    Got the custom seat I had made for the old Bobber, fitted to the new Bobber.... Big improvement from the plank that was fitted from the factory..
    It looked cool but wasn’t designed for sitting on.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    My exhaust is loud.
    That's because I made it myself, and because I designed it specifically for a look, rather than an attentuating performance.

This is the bike I was modelling mine on

This is what I started with

And this is what I ended up with

Within the geometry I have made an effort to add attenuation, using a perforated exit pipe wrapped in stainless wire wool, inserted into the flared section, thus (one already wrapped, one about to be, these are welded in situ)

But it is loud.
    I ride like I always have, using the bikes nimbleness whilst not making a pain of myself. Mostly people smile at the bike, give me a thumbs up, mouth "Nice Bike" at me when I am stopped at the lights, or pop over to talk about it if I am standing next to it at a fuel pump or wherever.

But it is a twin, with nobbly tyres, so it is not something to rant to nuts off. The noise is relatively deep, with a low revving engine.

I am not sure I could have achieved the look I wanted without making it much louder than stock. My system is also about 7 kg lighter than stock as it is all SS so no corrosion thickness is needed like the original in chromed steel (incidentally the bottom of the original can on the low side was already rusted through on a 2013 bike - pathetic corrosion). With a remap to allow for the pipes the (unmeasured, but TTP are fairly reliable) BHP gain is over 12%, which is significant (but not due to the pipe alone).

I have yet to be stopped by the law for it, although I have ridden past loads of police on it.
    But I appreciate that is a risk.

I see it as a bit of relatively harmless fun. Most people I see reacting as I go by, seem to agree.

Dave
    That is beautiful and a real tribute to you sir

Lovely afternoon in Gloucestershire today

Some GS action.

Fantastic ride this morning with # 1 son. Great weather and relatively light traffic given the late-ish start time so we definitely “made progress”.

I just felt really nice and loose on the bike today - fast and smooth.

Going for a cycle ride soon with a mate too, so maxing out on the two wheeled fun.
    Last edited by andy tims; 30th May 2020 at 12:56.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Going out in about an hour to shoot some YouTube footage around Hampstead and Camden Town. What a day for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    That is beautiful and a real tribute to you sir

Thank you, that's very kind.
    Dave

Anyone know Bolt Motorcycles in Stoke Newington, or fancy popping down there for a gander one day?

Craftsman
    Anyone know Bolt Motorcycles in Stoke Newington, or fancy popping down there for a gander one day?
    Never heard, but great link and some really nice gear

Cheers

“A life long enthusiast of all things vintage“... Vivian should love you then, Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    “A life long enthusiast of all things vintage“... Vivian should love you then, Tony!
    Vivian's just an added bonus, Howard

"Ive always been interested in connecting communities around subcultures in one way or another"

...by omitting apostrophes to rally the grammar Nazis against me.

I went out to see if I could find a gentle byway suitable for a totally inexperienced, overweight, arthritic ham-fisted beginner that wanted to take a slightly off-road styled road bike for a gentle, legal potter.

What I discovered was that other than the very ends of it, the byway I chose was not ideal for a totally inexperienced, overweight, arthritic ham-fisted beginner that wanted to take a slightly off-road styled road bike for a gentle, legal potter.

Heavily rutted, potholed, with deep gravel, flint and similar, with lumps large enough to send the front wheel darting wildly off course, with sufficient gradients and slopes to unnerve the beginner.

Still, all the walkers and cyclists I encountered were very friendly and offered genuine words of encouragement, I didn't drop it and I can now feel justified in replacing the flimsy original plastic sump guard with a more substantial ally one as I managed to give it a good thump at one point.

Brilliant couple of days of riding (not at all linked to my Mrs working all weekend) with near perfect weather and finishing today with a mate on his Ducati Sled with a great run over a very quiet Exmoor. Ace weekend.

Craftsman
    Going out in about an hour to shoot some YouTube footage around Hampstead and Camden Town. What a day for it!
    Yes, it's been lovely this weekend.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Master
    I went out to see if I could find a gentle byway suitable for a totally inexperienced, overweight, arthritic ham-fisted beginner that wanted to take a slightly off-road styled road bike for a gentle, legal potter.

What I discovered was that other than the very ends of it, the byway I chose was not ideal for a totally inexperienced, overweight, arthritic ham-fisted beginner that wanted to take a slightly off-road styled road bike for a gentle, legal potter.

Heavily rutted, potholed, with deep gravel, flint and similar, with lumps large enough to send the front wheel darting wildly off course, with sufficient gradients and slopes to unnerve the beginner.

Still, all the walkers and cyclists I encountered were very friendly and offered genuine words of encouragement, I didn't drop it and I can now feel justified in replacing the flimsy original plastic sump guard with a more substantial ally one as I managed to give it a good thump at one point.

Well done that man , lots of these bikes spend 99.9999% of their time on road. I admire your courage, I wouldnt take my GS700 off road for fear of dropping it.

Master
    Added a bit of bling with the probolt gold engine bolts

First service now due..

And another Shropshire ride out

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Well done that man , lots of these bikes spend 99.9999% of their time on road. I admire your courage, I wouldnt take my GS700 off road for fear of dropping it.
    Of course technically I've not taken the bike off road as a byway (well, a BOAT anyway) is simply an unmettalled public road where all the normal rules still apply.

That said, I wasn't expecting it to be anything like as tricky as it was, and the reason that I carried on was because I thought it was likely that what was ahead was going to be easier than the stuff that I'd already crossed and I didn't fancy turning round.

I was managing to stay loose on the controls, leave the front brake well alone and keep my feet up with a reasonable pace as that helped stability, however as slowing when I wasn't confident made it less stable that was nerve-racking.

My intention had been to ride from one end of the byway to the other, turn around and ride back, but having done it one way I found another way back. I'll probably do it again at some point, but at least next time I'll know what to expect.

Looks lovely

Added a bit of bling with the probolt gold engine bolts

And another Shropshire ride out
    looks like Attingham gates?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    looks like Attingham gates?
    Leighton just outside Welshpool.. Dropped pin
    Near B4388, Welshpool SY21 8LN
    https://goo.gl/maps/qVecwouhvrwkGFj37

Errrmmmmmmmm......isn't Leighton in *cough-ahem* Wales?

;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Errrmmmmmmmm......isn't Leighton in *cough-ahem* Wales?

;-)
    It’s ok...The wife is Welsh..👍🤪

Just uploaded a new video which was taken whist wearing an open face helmet fitted with a boom microphone. I thought the wind noise would make it unusable, but Sena obviously know what they're doing as they've adjusted the sensitivity on these mics (the downside is little or no engine noise). Oh, and Mr Tims - you don't see many people with their knees on the tarmac whilst they're bimbling through Old London Town

bit of something different (though forum relevant) , a lad on a facebook group im in (TTRUK) made this clock using the piston and conrod from a 675 street triple.

Bought my first Ducati today. A mint ‘03 plate Multistrada 1000DS with 8k on the clock and some nice Termi pipeage.

Not collecting for a couple of weeks as in the process of moving house but will post some pictures of it with the R1100 GS and the R9T when it lands.

Quick and dreaded question.... I've got to sort insurance out for my first bike (still to be bought). Where are you guys n girls with?

Thanks
    Fish

Apprentice

Out for a play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Capewell899 View Post

Out for a play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that looks like a serious bit of kit, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Quick and dreaded question.... I've got to sort insurance out for my first bike (still to be bought). Where are you guys n girls with?

Thanks
    Fish
    BeMoto

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capewell899 View Post

Out for a play!
    Niiicccceeee
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

Don’t be too hasty changing to ally, last few enduro bikes (and a couple of trials bikes) I’ve ridden have had plastic sump guards and I’ve found them better than ally. Bloody tough, light weight and they don’t stay bent when you really whack them. Worth a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobelurch View Post
    Don’t be too hasty changing to ally, last few enduro bikes (and a couple of trials bikes) I’ve ridden have had plastic sump guards and I’ve found them better than ally. Bloody tough, light weight and they don’t stay bent when you really whack them. Worth a thought...
    Bit late for that - the ally one's been on there for about a year :-)

The plastic one that comes with the bike is mainly there to cover up the gap where the catalytic converter would be so there's not an weird space in the frame with nothing in it - on the street twin the cat is at the front of the engine, in the street scrambler it's relocated to the high-level exhaust. The plastic guard does a good job of protecting the hole, but doesn't go back far enough to protect the sump.

The accessory ally guard goes a lot further back and actually protects the sump

Master
    ^^^ Hope you are having better weather than we are... This was yesterday:

Today is even wetter...

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    ^^^ Hope you are having better weather than we are... Today is even wetter...
    It's getting greyer by the minute, unfortunately!

Noise camera being trialled in Paris - apparently being rolled out soon in Germany, where there are rumours on non-electric motorbikes being banned at weekends.

Bans already in place in Austria.

The times they are a'changin...

Last edited by learningtofly; 6th June 2020 at 10:05.