closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 5,301 to 5,315 of 5315

Thread: More bike related stuff

  1. #5301
    Went for a ride with both my lads today. The younger, is 19 and has a CBR125. He very rarely rides with me and his big bro, but we offered to go with him and assess his riding.
    I gave him the “don’t try to impress me” speech before we set off, which as it turns out might not have been needed.
    I was very pleasantly surprised. His road positioning needs a bit of refinement here and there, but he didn’t get too close to cars in front and hazard perception was good. He was pretty smooth and confident.
    We got properly wet a couple of times - very heavy showers and I’d gone out in my perforated jacket and jeans so my t-shirt was completely soaked.
    We rode past 2 police speed traps and a camera van. Guess the speeding campaign is in full swing in West Sussex!
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions. Bell & Ross BR03-92 Nightlum

  2. #5302
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    My exhaust is loud.
    And this is what I ended up with




    But it is a twin, with nobbly tyres, so it is not something to rant to nuts off. The noise is relatively deep, with a low revving engine.

    Dave
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.

  3. #5303
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

    Dave

  4. #5304
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The road that I live on has a 60mph speed limit and is quite twisty so a popular route for bikers.

    I really enjoy hearing them being ridden as they should be!
    I spent 20 years living next to the A684 between Leyburn and Hawes in North Yorkshire, I do have bikes but I can say with sincerity. THEY ARE A FCKIN ANNOYANCE!! One year the police did a count and on a single day they recorded over 5000 bikes going past the checkpoint from first to last light. If you donít know the 684 just have a look and see why we get loads of dickheads.

    It was a regular occurrence listening to some going up through the gears and knowing exactly where they were and thinking heís not got to the end, then 20 mins later a nice yellow MD 902 would come and drag them away to hospital.

    Yes that was a bit of a rant, but whoever says loud pipes doesnít effect people are very mistaken.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  5. #5305
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

    Dave
    My Pal has Tkc80ís on his Yamaha XT 660, I cant stay with him on windy lanes, he just tips it in and as Sweets says once loaded up they grip really well.

  6. #5306
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    2,135

    More bike related stuff

    First ride since being allowed to, last week over the Snake Pass and it was great to be back! ( Photo by Bikerpics )
    Last edited by Lammylee; Yesterday at 14:15.

  7. #5307
    Craftsman skmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Albans
    Posts
    538

    More bike related stuff



    Lovely morning ride around 'the shires’ with Tony & Sam.
    Last edited by skmark; Yesterday at 15:44.

  8. #5308
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    15,256
    Can't beat a nice rumble.

    Cuidich 'n Righ

  9. #5309
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    29,997
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

    Lovely morning ride around 'the shires’ with Tony & Sam.
    That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three


  10. #5310
    Nice pic Mark. Nice bikes too!

    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post


    Lovely morning ride around 'the shiresí with Tony & Sam.

  11. #5311
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A grunt monster from back in the day... 20 years old and clueless. How the heck did I survive?

    Fitted with a Marshall and no baffles



    Ha, your old bike is my bike now!!!


  12. #5312
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three

    What KTM is that on the ride Tony?

  13. #5313
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    What KTM is that on the ride Tony?
    Could it be a 790 Duke or R

  14. #5314
    Craftsman skmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Albans
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Was out on the Scrambler again today. I love this thing. It's the smallest displacement I've owned in at least 20 years and it still makes me smile every time I open the barn door....

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lovely pic Ray...missing the orange


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #5315
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    29,997
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    What KTM is that on the ride Tony?
    790 Duke. Very nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information