closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 5,301 to 5,315 of 5315

Thread: More bike related stuff

Went for a ride with both my lads today. The younger, is 19 and has a CBR125. He very rarely rides with me and his big bro, but we offered to go with him and assess his riding.
    I gave him the “don’t try to impress me” speech before we set off, which as it turns out might not have been needed.
    I was very pleasantly surprised. His road positioning needs a bit of refinement here and there, but he didn’t get too close to cars in front and hazard perception was good. He was pretty smooth and confident.
    We got properly wet a couple of times - very heavy showers and I’d gone out in my perforated jacket and jeans so my t-shirt was completely soaked.
    We rode past 2 police speed traps and a camera van. Guess the speeding campaign is in full swing in West Sussex!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions. Bell & Ross BR03-92 Nightlum

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    My exhaust is loud.
    And this is what I ended up with

But it is a twin, with nobbly tyres, so it is not something to rant to nuts off. The noise is relatively deep, with a low revving engine.

Dave
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

Dave

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The road that I live on has a 60mph speed limit and is quite twisty so a popular route for bikers.

I really enjoy hearing them being ridden as they should be!
    I spent 20 years living next to the A684 between Leyburn and Hawes in North Yorkshire, I do have bikes but I can say with sincerity. THEY ARE A FCKIN ANNOYANCE!! One year the police did a count and on a single day they recorded over 5000 bikes going past the checkpoint from first to last light. If you donít know the 684 just have a look and see why we get loads of dickheads.

It was a regular occurrence listening to some going up through the gears and knowing exactly where they were and thinking heís not got to the end, then 20 mins later a nice yellow MD 902 would come and drag them away to hospital.

Yes that was a bit of a rant, but whoever says loud pipes doesnít effect people are very mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

Dave
    My Pal has Tkc80ís on his Yamaha XT 660, I cant stay with him on windy lanes, he just tips it in and as Sweets says once loaded up they grip really well.

More bike related stuff

First ride since being allowed to, last week over the Snake Pass and it was great to be back! ( Photo by Bikerpics )
    Last edited by Lammylee; Yesterday at 14:15.

More bike related stuff

Lovely morning ride around 'the shires’ with Tony & Sam.
    Last edited by skmark; Yesterday at 15:44.

Can't beat a nice rumble.

Cuidich 'n Righ

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

Lovely morning ride around 'the shires’ with Tony & Sam.
    That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three

Nice pic Mark. Nice bikes too!

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

Lovely morning ride around 'the shiresí with Tony & Sam.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A grunt monster from back in the day... 20 years old and clueless. How the heck did I survive?

Fitted with a Marshall and no baffles

Ha, your old bike is my bike now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three

What KTM is that on the ride Tony?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Could it be a 790 Duke or R

Was out on the Scrambler again today. I love this thing. It's the smallest displacement I've owned in at least 20 years and it still makes me smile every time I open the barn door....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lovely pic Ray...missing the orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

790 Duke. Very nice.