closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 105 of 354 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My yearning for one of these isn't going away

Heavy beast, though, and totally unsuited to London traffic!
    Lucky we buy bikes with our hearts, not our heads then, isn't it!

When's it arriving?

(I want one too)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Lucky we buy bikes with our hearts, not our heads then, isn't it!

When's it arriving?

(I want one too)
    I wish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    So that’s the decat done, and I’ve fitted my forward controls...

Crikey mate, you can’t have been to bed!!! 😂
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Have you tried it Tony?
    It seems such a far cry from your S triple.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Have you tried it Tony?
    It seems such a far cry from your S triple.
    No, and it certainly is. I've been sucked in by the looks, though - it seems to be an Instagram darling, and to make matters worse (in addition to being very photogenic) many are ridden by rather beautiful women!

I wouldn't buy one whilst I have the 9T, and the 9T is going nowhere. I'd also want something like a Street Triple to sit alongside it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Crikey mate, you can’t have been to bed!!! 
    Finished at 10pm👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    It’s arrived.

Lots of lovely details, which I’ll explain in a video, but a nice leather TFC rucksack was a welcome addition..

Just watched the video. I love the look of this bike and the TFC spec just makes it that much better. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Just watched the video. I love the look of this bike and the TFC spec just makes it that much better. Congrats!
    Yes, the TFCs are lovely. I was within a gnats b*llock of buying the Thruxton TFC - the only thing that stopped me was my inability to let my bike go in PX. I seem to have bonded inextricably with it.

Master

Interesting mix of lid styles there - one for all occasions, I would think.

I've been thinking of trying an open faced helmet on my CB1100, although I probably favour one with a full visor. Any views on that setup?

I'm being drawn to selling the R1200R and buying myself a Vincent Comet as entry into the world of Vincents. For me the thrill of outright acceleration and speed has dwindled and bimbling around winding country lanes is my preferred way of unwinding on a bike these days. I don't really need 125bhp on tap to do that!

I missed my opportunity to acquire a Comet when I was at secondary school and I've always longed for one. I'm thinking a decent Comet could be a gateway to a Rapide or Black Shadow in a few years time.

There's a lovely non matching numbers example on car and classic that I'm finding hard to resist!

I've been thinking of trying an open faced helmet on my CB1100, although I probably favour one with a full visor. Any views on that setup?
    Yes, it's a good range - my two favourites by a mile are the Arai Freeway Classic and Hedon Hodonist (DGR version) - they're the two on the bottom shelf. I do prefer open face, but will always wear the full face for pacey rides, i.e. anything on mways or fast dual carriageways.

In terms of open face with visor, I've tried pretty much every variant and now have a couple of these (although mine are an amber gradient to match the bike ). They work really well and afford at least some protection, although I do sometimes wear these goggles instead - or just sunglasses.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I'm being drawn to selling the R1200R and buying myself a Vincent Comet as entry into the world of Vincents. For me the thrill of outright acceleration and speed has dwindled and bimbling around winding country lanes is my preferred way of unwinding on a bike these days. I don't really need 125bhp on tap to do that!

I missed my opportunity to acquire a Comet when I was at secondary school and I've always longed for one. I'm thinking a decent Comet could be a gateway to a Rapide or Black Shadow in a few years time.

There's a lovely non matching numbers example on car and classic that I'm finding hard to resist!

Have you seen the one that’s just appeared on the GS forum?

Master

There is a guy on UKGSER selling a 1950 Comet for similar money. Pm me with details if you want me to pass them on.Here is his add

Vincent Comet 1950
    I am selling my 1950 Series “C” Comet, which i bought in 2015. It is good useable bike which I really enjoy riding and upgrading. It has had a full engine rebuild in 2019, new main and big end bearings, piston, barrel , new valves and valve guides and seats, new steel large and small idlers, oil pump, BTH electronic mag, Lucas E3L dynamo rebuilt, new DVR electronic regulator, AVO dampers, includes original 229 carb rebored and new slide etc, original tank sealed and painted,tread down stand, new cables, speedo refurbished, etc etc. Original registration number OJO and 3 digits, frame members match but engine replaced at some point. Has a Vincent Owners Club dating certificate. Can send pics and video. There is scope for further improvement, the paintwork on the cycle parts could be improved Selling as have now purchased a twin. £18,500. I am not in hurry to sell but can only ride one so this one is up for sale. Please pm if seriously interested.

My yearning for one of these isn't going away
    I can't stand American bikes generally, but do see the the appeal of Indian. I would have thought the FTR was more your style though Tony?

Vincent are going to prove an expensive rabbit hole. I was dreaming of one like that a few years ago

and even visited Patrick Godet near Rouen.

His untimely death 18 months ago put a stop to what was probably just a dream anyway...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Don't be.

All I've done is go a vehicle graphics place to ask them to make an infill panel for the number board on the side of the bike.

The standard bike has a naff "street scrambler" logo on the l/h side panel, so Triumph sell a brushed aluminium accessory number board that covers it up. That looks differently naff so now I'm paying to have it filled in in a different colour.
    Ah.....now I see. I also hate the naffness of that side panel and have something in mind for mine, more DIY though I suspect (along with a few other bits and bobs). I'm no fan of the one on the other side either but I think that's just a sticker to peel off.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Original registration number OJO and 3 digits, frame members match but engine replaced at some point.
    A roundabout way of clearing up that the log book is for the bike in question and that the frame and engine numbers aren't matching

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I can't stand American bikes generally, but do see the the appeal of Indian. I would have thought the FTR was more your style though Tony?

Without question it is, Mark. Just something about the Bobber that appeals

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Ah.....now I see. I also hate the naffness of that side panel and have something in mind for mine, more DIY though I suspect (along with a few other bits and bobs). I'm no fan of the one on the other side either but I think that's just a sticker to peel off.
    It has been lacquered over so you can't just peel it off.

What other mods do you have in mind?

There is a guy on UKGSER selling a 1950 Comet for similar money. Pm me with details if you want me to pass them on.Here is his add

Vincent Comet 1950
    I am selling my 1950 Series “C” Comet, which i bought in 2015. It is good useable bike which I really enjoy riding and upgrading. It has had a full engine rebuild in 2019, new main and big end bearings, piston, barrel , new valves and valve guides and seats, new steel large and small idlers, oil pump, BTH electronic mag, Lucas E3L dynamo rebuilt, new DVR electronic regulator, AVO dampers, includes original 229 carb rebored and new slide etc, original tank sealed and painted,tread down stand, new cables, speedo refurbished, etc etc. Original registration number OJO and 3 digits, frame members match but engine replaced at some point. Has a Vincent Owners Club dating certificate. Can send pics and video. There is scope for further improvement, the paintwork on the cycle parts could be improved Selling as have now purchased a twin. £18,500. I am not in hurry to sell but can only ride one so this one is up for sale. Please pm if seriously interested.
    Many thanks higham5, I saw that advert yesterday and whilst it's a nice non matching numbers bike with a fair bit of recent mechanical work done the cycle parts still need a fair amount of finishing.

It has been lacquered over so you can't just peel it off.

What other mods do you have in mind?
    It already came with a few (bash plate, handlebar brace, engine protection, black adjustable levers) and I added bar end mirrors and cnc brake reservoir but they were not available so will be fitted at the first service in 2 weeks.

I need to slow down the expense for a bit so will be in no rush......but do fancy a few of the blacked-out farkles, the Motone tail-tidy with a smaller plate and LED indicators. I may have also enquired about a tank respray

Blog Entries

I wanted an open face helmet to wear on the Harley and now on the Enfield, but just couldn't bring myself to wear one, after wearing full face helmets for so long. In the end I bought a Valiant LS2 in white having tried on several of the flip styles. Nearly went with the Shark Evoline 3 but it was more fiddly to open and close. Not everyones cup of tea I know, but works well for me on those occasions I want an open face. Best part is the chin piece folds all the way over the helmet so no added wind resistance.

Golly, he's annoying, isn't he!

Blog Entries
    Ah yes, it's a Revzilla thing! Good helmet though, gets more use than my Shoei now.

More bike related stuff

I was looking for something a bit different to my normal full face lids too, after buying my bobber.

After trying on quite a few I realised that open faced helmets weren’t for me but did find this which I bought in matte black and I think is a decent compromise for a hot day.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/shoei-e...att-black.html

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    I was looking for something a bit different to my normal full face lids too, after buying my bobber.

After trying on quite a few I realised that open faced helmets weren’t for me but did find this which I bought in matte black and I think is a decent compromise for a hot day.

Oh dear.......that one has been on my radar for sometime too!! I must stop spending money, repeat, I must stop spending money.........

Very, very nice!

As an aside, I think the Roeg Peruna is similar in terms if style and probably a fair bit cheaper.

I managed less than one second of that video.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I managed less than one second of that video.
    You get used to it. The Revzilla reviews certainly have their own style but they're often very thorough/useful.

Oh, that looks nice and they do a gloss off-white...

As ltf mentioned, there's also the Roeg.

I wonder what the rules will be for trying on helmets in the new normal..?

My one reservation with the Shoei style is that as the visor doesn't seal, it might cause turbulence behind the visor. I bought a BMW lid with drop down visor like that and it really didn't work for me

Oh, that looks nice and they do a gloss off-white...

As ltf mentioned, there's also the Roeg.

I wonder what the rules will be for trying on helmets in the new normal..?

My one reservation with the Shoei style is that as the visor doesn't seal, it might cause turbulence behind the visor. I bought a BMW lid with drop down visor like that and it really didn't work for me
    I think they both work quite well with the larger/enduro style goggles.

Blog Entries
    You get used to it. The Revzilla reviews certainly have their own style but they're often very thorough/useful.
    I often look at them for bike gear and accessories. As you say they do some useful reviews.

Craftsman
    I've had a Roof Boxer for many years. The quality is not Arai or Shoei but still very good and I really like the full 'flip lid'. The front visor lifts all the way back behind the back of your head and I believe it still conforms to safety standards if ridden with it in the 'open' position. It's not as quiet as a full face.

I've had BMW System 3,4 and 5 and as good as they are if you ride with them open the wind catches the flip part in the raised position and tugs and pulls making the ride tiresome on your neck muscles.

I've used my Roof on cruisers and fully faired bikes and it works for me and if you ride in really hot weather when worn with sunglasses its great - worth a look if you like the style.

http://www.roof.fr/en/

Master
    Yes, it's a good range - my two favourites by a mile are the Arai Freeway Classic and Hedon Hodonist (DGR version) - they're the two on the bottom shelf. I do prefer open face, but will always wear the full face for pacey rides, i.e. anything on mways or fast dual carriageways.

In terms of open face with visor, I've tried pretty much every variant and now have a couple of these (although mine are an amber gradient to match the bike [IMG]file:///C:/Users/richa/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]). They work really well and afford at least some protection, although I do sometimes wear these goggles instead - or just sunglasses.
    Thanks for that.

I wanted an open face helmet to wear on the Harley and now on the Enfield, but just couldn't bring myself to wear one, after wearing full face helmets for so long.
    I suspect I'm on the same page.

Thanks for that. The EX Zero has been on my radar in the past.

Having just been out for a bimble on my CB1100, the visor on my Neotec II is absolutely covered in the local wildlife, which makes me think an open face helmet may actually be a pain - and an open face with full visor probably offers some of the downsides of a full face, without much upside.

So, I think I'll stick with full face. The EX Zero seems to offer a good compromise though...

On the topic of helmets, I recently bought a Klim Krios Pro for use on my GS...

This is a very light helmet and with the extra room in the chin area, it's very airy. I also like the larger visor. It came with a transitions visor which seems to work well - although not when combined with the peak. So, all in all a great lid, but looks a bit strange on a CB1100.

Master
    Many thanks higham5, I saw that advert yesterday and whilst it's a nice non matching numbers bike with a fair bit of recent mechanical work done the cycle parts still need a fair amount of finishing.
    No problem, another dealer who often has Comet’s in is Chris Spaett, he runs Venture Classics BUT his prices like his bikes are always top money.

http://www.ventureclassics.com/stock%20list.htm

Steve

Master
    Finally received the rear indicators from Rizoma - from a dealer in Spain. Very happy with the way these indicators have changed the look of the CB.

Before:

After:

Finally received the rear indicators from Rizoma...

HUGE improvement!

No problem, another dealer who often has Comet’s in is Chris Spaett, he runs Venture Classics BUT his prices like his bikes are always top money.

http://www.ventureclassics.com/stock%20list.htm

Steve
    Cheers Steve

Finally received the rear indicators from Rizoma - from a dealer in Spain. Very happy with the way these indicators have changed the look of the CB.

After:

Probably just me but I much prefer the old ones. It’s a retro design bike and I think the little LED’s look out of place on it.

Big improvement - the new ones (being uncoloured) disappear into the chromework, rather than two very obvious long orange lollipops.
    They also shift the eye down to the twin exhausts and lower the centre of gravity, a much nice look.

I changed over to these little rubber-encased progressives (they flash out like Audi ones do) when I did mine (either side of the 68 plate), they too "disappear" until you turn them on.

Dave

Master
    HUGE improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Probably just me but I much prefer the old ones. It’s a retro design bike and I think the little LED’s look out of place on it.
    50:50 - I think that's about right. I can see both points of view, but ultimately, I prefer the new ones. However, I still have the old ones in case I change my mind!

Ooh...

forget your TFC Bobber rubbish...

Scrambler 1200 Bond edition!

Hang on... it's an extra £6,200 for black paint, enamel badges, Arrow can and a high level mudguard...

Err, no

Master
    Ooh...

forget your TFC Bobber rubbish...

Scrambler 1200 Bond edition!

Hang on... it's an extra £6,200 for black paint, enamel badges, Arrow can and a high level mudguard...

Err, no
    And it's got 007 splashed all over it. Good grief.

And it's got 007 splashed all over it. Good grief.
    Perhaps if it came with a free Seamaster

That TFC bobber is ace.

Anything James Bond branded is going to be less ace...

Master
    HUGE improvement!
    Definitely cleans up the back end, nice improvement

Master
    70 miles today, the TFC ain’t for touring that’s for sure, the seat looks cool but is pure torture. Luckily I kept my custom seat from my old Bobber so that’ll be going on soon.

Other than that, the Ohlins is a big improvement, sport mode is nice and responsive and the bike rides really nicely.

Short video of the decat exhaust. It now pops and rumbles on the over run without being stupidly loud so that’s a result.

Agreed, the originals have a nice retro vibe and a nod to the 70s.

Craftsman
    It’s not just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    It’s not just you.
    ...and it`s not just you (two).