TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 104 of 354 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,200 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master

More bike related stuff

Was another good day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spareparts; 19th May 2020 at 23:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Just had a call from my dealer....Bobber TFC Build Number 50, should be with me on Wednesday.

And I’ve just been forcibly reminded that it’s also my 25th wedding anniversary.
    Andy, happy anniversary,...............................but even better happy new bike.

Steve

Master
    Cheers Steve.

It appears Wednesday delivery has now turned into Friday or Saturday delivery.

I know how they’re fixed staff wise, so have to go with the flow and be patient.😎

Just had a call from my dealer....Bobber TFC Build Number 50, should be with me on Wednesday.

And I’ve just been forcibly reminded that it’s also my 25th wedding anniversary.
    This looks fantastic!
    Loads of pictures needed

OK, I've the opportunity to ride to work later today.

What makes this an exciting adventure is that it'll be the first time I've tried on my riding trousers since lock down started.

Prace bets now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    OK, I've the opportunity to ride to work later today.

What makes this an exciting adventure is that it'll be the first time I've tried on my riding trousers since lock down started.

Prace bets now...
    Hope you’ve got some braces

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lovely 100 miles on the road today, starting at home and encompassing Sarratt, Croxley Green, Denham, Datchet, Windsor, Runnymeade and Chobham (and then back again after a spot of lunch). Fantastic twisty route too (thanks Howard ).
    Tony / Howard would you have this route at all and I can try give it a go this weekend ?
    Thanks

Master
    Just had another call.....bike due this afternoon.... now that’s a proper silver anniversary gift..😎😎

Just had another call.....bike due this afternoon.... now that’s a proper silver anniversary gift..
    Sincere congratulations but please use this silver A. thing carefully, or you'll have to match your present for her (or live in fear until you find what she got for herself)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Another enjoyable ride yesterday...

Taking these pictures from the dashcam footage because I can't be arsed to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Hope you’ve got some braces
    They go on - one thing I'd forgotten was that I'd bought them to be super warm for a trip to France back in March (cancelled) so they might be a little toasty

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Sincere congratulations but please use this silver A. thing carefully, or you'll have to match your present for her (or live in fear until you find what she got for herself)
    Knowing her as I do, it’ll be another horse, dog or guinea pig🤪

Knowing her as I do, it’ll be another horse, dog or guinea pig浪
    Let's pray for the guinea pig, shall we?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Several years ago I got my wife to drive me to the dealership to pick up a new bike, it was a couple of hours round trip. This was on her birthday... suffice to say it still gets bought up on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Tony / Howard would you have this route at all and I can try give it a go this weekend ?
    Thanks
    +1

Thanks
    Howard had it on Calimoto, Sam, but he's on the free version so couldn't send it to me (or anyone else, so far as I'm aware). Sorry I can't help you but happy to go for a ride if you're looking for company. I could even try and plot it on Calimoto myself, albeit I've not used the app in anger before.

Mark, let me know if you want to put that bike of yours through its paces too

Yes, I’ve been considering this too. The issue is the location of any new shed/garage and the issues that would arise in terms of access across the garden. I have very limited room on the patio, unfortunately, and my son’s unexpected return home has caused some difficulties.

I’ll give it all some more thought.
    Hi Tony,

did you get around to sorting out a storage solution for your bikes other than RideHide? I'm looking into this myself at the moment and don't want to spend a fortune, but can't find much else other than huge things or wooden sheds.

I quite like the look of this;

https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co...t-plastic-shed

thoughts?

Mark

Howard had it on Calimoto, Sam, but he's on the free version so couldn't send it to me (or anyone else, so far as I'm aware). Sorry I can't help you but happy to go for a ride if you're looking for company. I could even try and plot it on Calimoto myself, albeit I've not used the app in anger before.

Mark, let me know if you want to put that bike of yours through its paces too
    Thanks
    Will drop you a message if Sat works for you?

Master
    It’s arrived.

Lots of lovely details, which I’ll explain in a video, but a nice leather TFC rucksack was a welcome addition..

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Hi Tony,

did you get around to sorting out a storage solution for your bikes other than RideHide? I'm looking into this myself at the moment and don't want to spend a fortune, but can't find much else other than huge things or wooden sheds.

thoughts?

Mark
    No, I'm still using the Ridehides but that looks a good cost-effective option.

Thanks
    Will drop you a message if Sat works for you?
    Not sure which day will work just yet, Sam. Mark, are you around at all (and I'll also check up on Howard's availability)?

In other news, just been consolidating some of the bike stuff in my office...

Last edited by learningtofly; 20th May 2020 at 17:00.

Not sure which day will work just yet, Sam. Mark, are you around at all .......
    I could do Sunday morning....was thinking of going out then?

I could do Sunday morning....was thinking of going out then?

Okay - Sam, can you do Sunday morning?

Very nice Enoch!

Like your handiwork too Tony, mine are banished to the hallway cupboard.

Very nice Enoch!

Like your handiwork too Tony, mine are banished to the hallway cupboard.
    Well, I can't say that Bea was impressed. It's the only room in the house where she has no say, though

Now, if I can find somewhere else for my golf clubs I could hang a couple of summer jackets there too.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 20th May 2020 at 17:39.

Well, I can't say that Bea was impressed. It's the only room in the house where she has no say, though

Now, if I can find somewhere else for my golf clubs I could hang a couple of summer jackets there too.

Last edited by learningtofly; 20th May 2020 at 17:40.

Excellent work Tony. Where did you hide the clubs?

BTW be careful out and about, particularly around me on the A339 and A32. Loads of cops about and zero tolerance for cans, plates etc. 2 friends were stopped and done (separately).

Excellent work Tony. Where did you hide the clubs?
    Errr, I just moved them to another corner of the office whilst I work out how I can sneak them into the bedroom

BTW be careful out and about, particularly around me on the A339 and A32. Loads of cops about and zero tolerance for cans, plates etc. 2 friends were stopped and done (separately).
    Yep, with the CV causing a dip in the crime figs, plod have a few more hours on their hands to address the trivial.

Master
    Hi Tony,

thoughts?

Mark
    Hi Mark we are moving into a new build , (sometime this year when builderS return). I have been looking a Ketter plastic sheds, so your link is interesting.

Regarding using one of those for bike storage I would be concerned over the plastic floor deforming with the weight of a 200 kgs bike spread over two tyre contact points and a sidestand.

Many years ago I had a wooden shed built for my bikes, the joiner added in extra cross beams in the floor ( about 30% from memory) . It worked fine and was a good size eg 10’ long. You could reinforce the floor possibly by using mdf panels full width across the inside of the base.

Congrats mate. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Hi Mark we are moving into a new build , (sometime this year when builderS return). I have been looking a Ketter plastic sheds, so your link is interesting.

Regarding using one of those for bike storage I would be concerned over the plastic floor deforming with the weight of a 200 kgs bike spread over two tyre contact points and a sidestand.

Many years ago I had a wooden shed built for my bikes, the joiner added in extra cross beams in the floor ( about 30% from memory) . It worked fine and was a good size eg 10’ long. You could reinforce the floor possibly by using mdf panels full width across the inside of the base.
    That’s always worried me when I’ve looked at sheds online, actually. They never seem to give the load capacity for the floor but I assumed that the sensible approach would be to reinforce by default.

It’s arrived.

Lots of lovely details, which I’ll explain in a video, but a nice leather TFC rucksack was a welcome addition..

Looks lovely, but has it got the same speedo as my Scrambler?

Managed about 70 miles on the Triumph today, commuting to work and back. A tad warm, but it was great to be out.

On route, I may have slightly popped in to a vehicle customisation emporium to get them started on my next tweak while I was out too.

If it works out as I hope, I'll share the outcome, but if it's an expensive disaster then I'll delete this post and pretend it never happened.

I’m intrigued Gyp...

Managed about 70 miles on the Triumph today, commuting to work and back. A tad warm, but it was great to be out.

On route, I may have slightly popped in to a vehicle customisation emporium to get them started on my next tweak while I was out too.

If it works out as I hope, I'll share the outcome, but if it's an expensive disaster then I'll delete this post and pretend it never happened.
    Come on, spill!!!

Ooooohhhh to the Scrambler? What ‘emporium’ too??

I’m intrigued Gyp...
    Don't be.

All I've done is go a vehicle graphics place to ask them to make an infill panel for the number board on the side of the bike.

The standard bike has a naff "street scrambler" logo on the l/h side panel, so Triumph sell a brushed aluminium accessory number board that covers it up. That looks differently naff so now I'm paying to have it filled in in a different colour.

Quite what I do if that looks naff is anyone's guess.

Other than deleting these posts and claiming it never happened

In other news, just been consolidating some of the bike stuff in my office...

4 lids?

Ive got 2 - One for road and one for track.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    That’s always worried me when I’ve looked at sheds online, actually. They never seem to give the load capacity for the floor but I assumed that the sensible approach would be to reinforce by default.
    Tony, If you avoid the horrible Chinese made matchbox mass produced sheds and look for a local supplier, they often do make to order. I bought my shed from a business working out of an old church! You can then specify things like , no windows, reinforced timbers in the floor , upgraded felt on the roof.

Ooooohhhh to the Scrambler? What ‘emporium’ too??

The side plate on the SS looks like this at the moment

And so will end up like this

Though colour coded to the bike.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have had 3 relaxing days around the Cotswolds.

There is noticeably more bikes around including the 2 who overtook me on solid white lines at twice the speed limit,cutting up cars.
    I just avoided all the beauty spots and found deserted country lanes and quiet villages which was very pleasant.
    I don’t go into shops not even for a takeaway coffee,slowly adapting to a new normal.
    This weekend will be rammed I expect.
    Whatever you do take care.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    4 lids?

Ive got 2 - One for road and one for track.
    That’s appalling, Andy, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Now go and buy a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony, If you avoid the horrible Chinese made matchbox mass produced sheds and look for a local supplier, they often do make to order. I bought my shed from a business working out of an old church! You can then specify things like , no windows, reinforced timbers in the floor , upgraded felt on the roof.
    Definitely something to investigate, thanks!

Don't be.

All I've done is go a vehicle graphics place to ask them to make an infill panel for the number board on the side of the bike.

The standard bike has a naff "street scrambler" logo on the l/h side panel, so Triumph sell a brushed aluminium accessory number board that covers it up. That looks differently naff so now I'm paying to have it filled in in a different colour.

Quite what I do if that looks naff is anyone's guess.

Other than deleting these posts and claiming it never happened
    It would be difficult if someone quoted the post . I reckon it’ll look good!

Master
    So that’s the decat done, and I’ve fitted my forward controls...

Gentle little bimble (by my standards) yesterday to a couple of local beauty spots including Tilford in Surrey.

Shame the pub was closed except for takeaway. It overlooks the village green / cricket pitch.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Open to reasonable offers on this.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...04#post5422304

It's just cluttering up my office for now.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

So that’s the decat done, and I’ve fitted my forward controls...

That is rather lovely.

I wish I'd liked riding the bobber when I test rode one as they do look gorgeous, especially the TFC.

My yearning for one of these isn't going away

Heavy beast, though, and totally unsuited to London traffic!