closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 178 of 357 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,900 of 17808

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    For many years SC has allowed “ forum favourites “ to circulate within the membership. Maybe we are seeing this the Tangerine dream, the CB 1300 and the orange Ducati Scrambler. All staying within the forum and spreading the enjoyment.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And let’s not forget Howard’s CB750 which seems to be doing the rounds. Possibly his CCM Spitfire too in the not too distant future?

I could see myself on Sparepart’s GPZ too when the time is right.
    Very true, and a pretty good way to experience different bikes without being shafted by dealers every time. That said, it'll be weird seeing the TD when we're next able to organise some TZ ride-outs!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Gutted for you Greg, but it’s coming to a good home.
    Nice one Matt, she is a lovely thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And let’s not forget Howard’s CB750 which seems to be doing the rounds. Possibly his CCM Spitfire too in the not too distant future?

I could see myself on Sparepart’s GPZ too when the time is right.
    You never know... The TZ Garage!

Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!

I'll be on it as soon as it looks feasible!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'll be on it as soon as it looks feasible!
    I'm still waiting for the new (to me) one to be delivered having put my deposit down in December.

Worry is that in the time since putting down that deposit and now I've started looking at other bikes and wondering if I should get one of those instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I'm still waiting for the new (to me) one to be delivered having put my deposit down in December.

Worry is that in the time since putting down that deposit and now I've started looking at other bikes and wondering if I should get one of those instead...
    I wish I'd thought of taking deposits on ride-outs!

Took mine for its trip to get serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday. The driest day of the week the weather site said when I booked it which is great because there's two 60 mile round trips to drop off, pick up the hire bike (850GS) and return to collect it.

In over 40 years of biking it was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, the bike was spotless when I set off!

Fair play to Rukka gear and Daytona boots though as when I stripped off the only failure was a tiny damp patch on each sock where the boots had slightly let by. I had to remove my glasses on the ride home as the constant misting up of them combined with the torrential rain on my visor and dusk descending meant I was better off seeing relatively clearly but out of focus than seeing nothing at all. The joys of biking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Took mine for its trip to get serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday. The driest day of the week the weather site said when I booked it which is great because there's two 60 mile round trips to drop off, pick up the hire bike (850GS) and return to collect it.

In over 40 years of biking it was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, the bike was spotless when I set off!

Just why did I bother getting that Akra spotless before posting it to you?

Fear not Ian, it's spotless once more! I have a handy cleaning tip too, don't accidentally drop a microfibre cloth on to fully warmed up headers, it takes hours to remove the mess....

Fear not Ian, it's spotless once more! I have a handy cleaning tip too, don't accidentally drop a microfibre cloth on to fully warmed up headers, it takes hours to remove the mess....
    Noted!

Had a delivery today... happy does not come close! Thanks so much Greg

I like to personalise bikes but this one came with so much not sure what else there is to do...

I like to personalise bikes but this one came with so much not sure what else there is to do...

Blimey. Kind if wish I'd stuck with her if I'm honest.

Anyway, I’m very happy for you, Matt. The only thing I'd be thinking about changing would be the rear shock.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 22nd February 2021 at 20:40.

I’m glad she was able to stay on the forum and I know she’s gone to a good home

A lovely bike, congratulations! Tony did it up a treat but the only thing I'd change if it was mine is removal of the number plate bracket and relocation of the number plate.

IN!

Fair play to Rukka gear and Daytona boots though as when I stripped off the only failure was a tiny damp patch on each sock where the boots had slightly let by. I had to remove my glasses on the ride home as the constant misting up of them combined with the torrential rain on my visor and dusk descending meant I was better off seeing relatively clearly but out of focus than seeing nothing at all. The joys of biking.
    Yikes. This also happens to me a lot more than chance dictates it should!

I'm up for this.

But the way things are looking my bike is gonna be due its first service before I can even get my licence.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Yikes. This also happens to me a lot more than chance dictates it should!
    Took my GS for a service and clean last week and it was torrential on the way home... well worth the clean

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’m glad she was able to stay on the forum and I know she’s gone to a good home
    A lovely bike, congratulations! Tony did it up a treat but the only thing I'd change if it was mine is removal of the number plate bracket and relocation of the number plate.
    I don't know where I am in the queue to own it but I have an irrational hatred of those number plate brackets so, if it's not done by the time it's my turn, it soon will be.

You’re all wrong. The number plate is precisely where it should be!

Count me in as well. I have never meet anyone from TZ.

I love the RT9, I just wished at 6ft 2 it would fit me. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Count me in as well. I have never meet anyone from TZ.

I love the RT9, I just wished at 6ft 2 it would fit me. Enjoy
    I’m just over 6’ and I find my R9T Urban is fine with unit garage handlebars and a bespoke rear shock to improve ride quality and increase seat height...
    Many change footrests too but I’ve not found that necessary so far

I’m just over 6ft too and it seems fine, the racer I tried was a totally different thing and killed my back!

You’re all wrong. The number plate is precisely where it should be!
    Agree- I like it! Some people have no taste

Both bikes had a full valet, ACF treatment, and ceramic coat today. Amazing job by a local guy!

Grrrr...

Master
    Watched a couple of intro videos on the Harley Pan America. I'm not convinced about the looks - especially the front end, but the specs seem pretty good and the price is not outrageous.

Definitely worth a look when it arrives later in the year.

Well that's my CBT re re rebooked. This time for the 13th of April.

Fingers crossed

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Watched a couple of intro videos on the Harley Pan America. I'm not convinced about the looks - especially the front end, but the specs seem pretty good and the price is not outrageous.

But the weight! And so close to that front wheel. The GS has a lower centre of gravity and thats still a mahoosive bike.

Steve

Master
    Both bikes had a full valet, ACF treatment, and ceramic coat today. Amazing job by a local guy!

Now thats literally “ rubbing it in”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    But the weight! And so close to that front wheel. The GS has a lower centre of gravity and thats still a mahoosive bike.

Steve
    You may well be right, although a quick go on one would confirm it one way or the other. From what I’ve read the top spec Pan-Am weighs about 250kg - same as my R1250GS.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

I was hoping that this one would be released first.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I cant wait for the weather and rules to change as well. Need summat to cheer me up. Them roads in North Wales should do the trick, I know Enoch will second that. Need to get the RS serviced first though, and a new set of tyres will be needed very soon as well.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Sorry...
    You still have some configurations to try - it looks ace with the single seat/seat pod fitted and the rear subframe removed

It is a striking bike with great aesthetics. I read this week that the R nine T was designed by the same person that has designed the new Indian Chief models - Ole Stenagard. They’re his first efforts for Indian since he joined them in 2018.

Thought I’d take the Fireblade onto the public roads yesterday, for the first time since Winter started...quick check on the Tax and MOT online. Oops. Tax is fine. MOT less so, expired 2 months ago. Took the car instead. Booked in today at 1130. Fingers crossed.

Grrrr...
    Double Grrrr...

That Pan America ain't no HOG, despite being an ugly pig.
    And that photos is its best angle. The front is diabolical.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That Pan America ain't no HOG, despite being an ugly pig.
    And that photos is its best angle. The front is diabolical.
    It looks like it could play “ugly droid 2” in the original Star Wars.

I actually quite like it lol.

I happened to find myself in my local Harley Dealership today (OK, not in as that would be illegal, but they were happily wheeling bikes outside for me to sit on and go potato potato) and they are quite excited by the imminent arrival of the Dirt Glide.

The looks are unusual but I suspect that after a while when we become familiar they'll look fine. The current Fat Bob front end looked unpleasant at first but now is fine (to my eye at least) and at least the front of the new HD is sufficiently different from the BMW and the KTM competitors. And the Ford Sierra looked positively space age in 1982...

Price wise they've brought it in below the BMW which is a smart move.

Local dealer is convinced that they'll sell well, but only if they can get folk through the door to ride them. As they are multi-franchise across the group they are thinking of doing combined Triumph, KTM and HD adventure bike demo days to get riders out on all 3.

Master
    It looks like it could play “ugly droid 2” in the original Star Wars.

I actually quite like it lol.
    It's definitely growing on me. I don't think there are many (any?) "adventure" bikes that could be called good-looking, but I like the purposeful design of my GS and I reckon I could get used to the Pan-Am. Having said that, the front is definitely unusual...

My local HD dealer in Chester is in the same building as the BMW Motorrad so it'll be easy to take a look and run for the hills if the HD AD experience proves too much.

I am torn on the HD, I like the look from most angles, but the front is so ugly it makes it attractive. I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, but don't see me parting money for one.

On a separate note, what a great day, bike is off for a service, so I am taking the long way there to get a bit of a ride in.....

some people think the MT10 is fugly but thats on another level imo.

*looks like its been designed by the same guy who does the robots in futurama

It's an uncompromising 'form follows function' approach, I guess - unless the designer actually thinks it looks good - but I like it.
    I'm not sure I'd buy it but I'm not lined up for any of its rivals either at the moment.
    I wonder if they will be at the Adventure Bike Rider Festival?

The problem with that design is that they have just believed the mantra that "an adventure bike is an ugly bike".
    It needn't be.
    Look at that (enormous) exhaust. Why doesn't its line follow the fame line immediately above?
    Why is the end vertical, when there is both a sloped cut on the tail tidy and an overhanging one on the tail lights?
    None of the radiator lines or protective frame lines follow the front cylinder or anything else.
    It is a mess
    And it needn't be, they've just decided that the "functionality" can be an excuse to make it look like the engine got magnetised on its way though the parts store.

Just dropped off the Fireblade for it’s MOT, wearing jeans. 5% chance of rain. As soon as I left my garage it started raining! Only spitting but I guess the god of misery is a bit busy to give it his full attention currently.

Ugly - way beyond other 'adventure' bikes.

Remember the Buell Ulysees ? Had a lot of accolades from some owners, despite some shortfalls (exhaust cracking etc).

I don't expect that HD to make any sort of dent in the market.

Amusingly enough, I find the front quite acceptable. Yes, a definite nod to SW / Marvel worst droids, but with a certain "je-ne-sais-quoi"
    However, the side view is clumsy, the weight looks perched quite high. Worst of all seems to be the console on top of the tank, [irony]as a nod to a low rider, surely[/irony]. It's definitely not for me.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 24th February 2021 at 12:33.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It's an uncompromising 'form follows function' approach, I guess - unless the designer actually thinks it looks good - but I like it.
    I'm not sure I'd buy it but I'm not lined up for any of its rivals either at the moment.
    I wonder if they will be at the Adventure Bike Rider Festival?
    This came up in conversation this morning. Apparently this is under consideration, but if they are there they'll be taking demo bikes.

More bike related stuff

Just dropped off the Fireblade for it’s MOT, wearing jeans. 5% chance of rain. As soon as I left my garage it started raining! Only spitting but I guess the god of misery is a bit busy to give it his full attention currently.
    That’s funny because the same thing just happened to me en route to a doctor’s appointment. Sun’s out now so will be taking the scenic route home!