timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 163 of 357 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,150 of 17805

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Very tidy - is that the £65 wash or the £275 wash?
    I think it was £115 which included the ACF treatment. Here’s my KTM and if you’ve ever ridden through rivers in Iceland you will appreciate how the mud will not come off.

I should add the bag on the back doesn’t live there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I think it was £115 which included the ACF treatment. Here’s my KTM and if you’ve ever ridden through rivers in Iceland you will appreciate how the mud will not come off.

I should add the bag on the back doesn’t live there.

1290 Adventure?

Master

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    1290 Adventure?
    790R and the last time she had a wash..

Last edited by joe narvey; 24th November 2020 at 10:55.

Which one do you use for around town? The GSA 1200 wasn't ideal for getting next door to you in the The Cooperage or the Rotherhithe Tunnel but was fantastic nonetheless.

After 10+ years of Enfield switched to this baby:

Couln't be happier! Built in Europe, all at Lago di Como.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr1973 View Post
    After 10+ years of Enfield switched to this baby:

Couln't be happier! Built in Europe, all at Lago di Como.

Indeed a lovely machine and one that's on my short list for when I,eventually, get tired of my Tiger 800, as you do.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Which one do you use for around town? The GSA 1200 wasn't ideal for getting next door to you in the The Cooperage or the Rotherhithe Tunnel but was fantastic nonetheless.
    The Harley of course ..

Very nice ^
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

The Harley of course ..
    You could do a SOTC with all those!

Master

Looks awesome!

I'm thinking about trading my 690 Duke for a 790 Duke. In the next few weeks.

Hadn't considered the 790 Adventure as I've never ridden an ADV bike before.

Will have a look at them

Master

More bike related stuff

You could do a SOTC with all those!

Sounds like a plan ..

The Emergency 2 is worn when off road. On three trips we’ve had riders down with broken bones in remote areas but only once in the Westfjords did we come close to pulling the pin. The rider doesn’t feel pain but his leg was a mess. It would have been easier to justify pulling the pin if he screamed. A Tonka truck 4x4 came over the hill juts in time and took him to casualty so the watch lived another day.

The Emergency 2 replaced the Emergency 1 I had working for Angola. In the end I couldn’t travel as I couldn’t have the yellow fever jab ( as I had Malaria). A long dull story.

The Deepsea was a present to myself when I stopped teaching dive instructors for PADI. Too old, too fat, etc.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 24th November 2020 at 13:15.

I always tried to avoid wearing expensive watches on the bike and found bigger watches uncomfortable under the glove but an emergency does make sense and must be reassuring.

I can't wait to get back on a bike and have been looking at the R9T. I'm no longer out in the sticks and the GSA was overkill to begin with. I also can't help but notice that my watch collection has improved dramatically since selling the bike so it needs to be something more ordinary to keep the collection as is.

Master
    I always tried to avoid wearing expensive watches on the bike and found bigger watches uncomfortable under the glove but an emergency does make sense and must be reassuring.

I can't wait to get back on a bike and have been looking at the R9T. I'm no longer out in the sticks and the GSA was overkill to begin with. I also can't help but notice that my watch collection has improved dramatically since selling the bike so it needs to be something more ordinary to keep the collection as is.
    Have you seen the R9 for sale in Bike Shed? You you like your GSA you might appreciate what’s they’ve done with it.

Here’s my GSA, ( this was an Explorer 2 trip )

That looks good, proper GSA. I don't really follow Bike Shed as it's a bit too trendy for me but I have seen an R9T GSA with an alu top box that looked great.

Craftsman
    When wearing a nato or leather I just open a notch so the watch slides up the wrist a little. With the bracelet I have it has a micro adjuster so just open that out a little as well. Not as yet had any issues with watch accuracy wearing a watch on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    When wearing a nato or leather I just open a notch so the watch slides up the wrist a little. With the bracelet I have it has a micro adjuster so just open that out a little as well. Not as yet had any issues with watch accuracy wearing a watch on a bike.
    I'm not fussed re timekeeping it's more to do with distraction from discomfort and not wanting to turn a £20k write off into a £30k write off if I binned both!

I had one of my bikes cleaned a few days ago. If anyone needs a bike in London I can recommend Mo-clean.
    Eh??
    You actually gave someone money to clean your bike? lmao.
    Cleaning a bike is part of the motorcycling experience....done properly, it's thereputic...relaxing, and almost yoga like.
    It gives the opportunity to examine and appreciate every facet...check for issues and form even a 'relationship' with your scoot. It's time really well spent....but I suppose if you're short of time, fair enough...

The only parts of the ownership experience I'm interested in are riding it and tarting it up. Not interested in washing a bike and never will be. Like Tony I've used Freddy Trott before but I think Joe's recommendation would be more convenient, especially if that price is for them to come to you.

Master
    What’s going on chaps...best thread on TZ relegated to page 3 due to lack of input... flipping fair weather bikers..🤪🤪

You been green laning on that Enoch?

I'd have been out on mine but suffering with a tooth infection so not been up to it. I may try to get out for a while tomorrow though, weather permitting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You been green laning on that Enoch?
    I’m gonna put knobbly’s on it soon👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    What’s going on chaps...best thread on TZ relegated to page 3 due to lack of input... flipping fair weather bikers..🤪🤪

Lovely, dealer is offering some very tempting deals on the new Rocket at the moment. Very tempted.

Have you found any non-oem companies doing aftermarket accessories for them ?

Master

The new Rocket and some subliminal messaging.

Master
    Lovely, dealer is offering some very tempting deals on the new Rocket at the moment. Very tempted.

Have you found any non-oem companies doing aftermarket accessories for them ?
    There’s a company in America doing a few bits n bobs... I got this neat Satnav bracket from them.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/rocket-3/

Master
    There’s a company in America doing a few bits n bobs... I got this neat Satnav bracket from them.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/rocket-3/

Thanks. I’d get one if the pillion seat was more comfortable and the luggage system was bigger. I withdrew my rocket from sale abs decide to it after trying the new one, will be a tough choice when the aftermarket seat and luggage become available.

Master
    Quick question...

I'd like to buy a phone holder to attach my iphone to my Scrambler and/or GS. Main use would be for GPS/Calimoto.

I've read a few different things about vibration killing the phone camera etc, and I must admit I've lost track of which system is currently the best - Quadlock, SP-Connect, Ultimate Addons, something else....

Anyone got any current recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Quick question...

I'd like to buy a phone holder to attach my iphone to my Scrambler and/or GS. Main use would be for GPS/Calimoto.

I've read a few different things about vibration killing the phone camera etc, and I must admit I've lost track of which system is currently the best - Quadlock, SP-Connect, Ultimate Addons, something else....

Quadlock with the vibration dampener provides a good solution, and their car mount is also the best I've used. Worth noting that SP Connect have also had vibration-related issues now.

Master
    Agree with Tony. Quadlock *with vibration damper* is the only thing I’d trust my phone to in a bike. Had SP and it still broke my phone.

Quadlock if you have an iPhone or very popular phone, Ram X Grip if you have anything else.

Quick question...

I recently got a Quad Lock and have been struggling to find a mounting place on the GS where the iPhone doesn't either obscure the instruments (TFT in my case) or foul on the tank bag. I doubt that this problem is unique to Quad Lock but I suggest that, before buying anything, you consider where and how you will position the mount and phone.
    For me the Quad Lock isn't essential as I have the BMW (Garmin) sat nav and I can link my phone to the bike's TFT for calls/music should I want to.

p.s. I think the Ram mount system gives most flexibility in terms of positioning and the ability to angle the phone as you need it.
    Last edited by Stanford; 30th November 2020 at 11:09.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    SP Connect have a vibration damper available as well now I believe. Their kit is quite nice as well, I have a Clamp Mount Pro, which I was going to use on my Street Triple RS, but I then got the Quadlock Stem Mount and Vibration Dampener. The Quadlock system is superb tbh, and as my phone (11 Pro Max) is known to be one that breaks on bikes, the dampener is a must. I can confirm it deffo works, well, my phone hasn't suffered any of the known camera issues yet. I think its a close call between Quadlock and SP, I haven't any experience of Ultimate Addons, but just looking at their stuff it looks bulky and perhaps ugly?

Stuart

Master
    Thanks for all the advice. Taking advantage of their Black Friday offer (30% discount on everything) I ordered a Quadlock case and a couple of mounts with vibration dampeners. However, the vibration dampeners are on back order so I won't get it all for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I recently got a Quad Lock and have been struggling to find a mounting place on the GS where the iPhone doesn't either obscure the instruments (TFT in my case) or foul on the tank bag. I doubt that this problem is unique to Quad Lock but I suggest that, before buying anything, you consider where and how you will position the mount and phone.
    For me the Quad Lock isn't essential as I have the BMW (Garmin) sat nav and I can link my phone to the bike's TFT for calls/music should I want to.

p.s. I think the Ram mount system gives most flexibility in terms of positioning and the ability to angle the phone as you need it.
    Yeah, I have the same setup (Nav VI and TFT) on my GS, so it may be an issue - although I don't generally use a tank bag. As I have purchased two mounts I can always return one if I can't find a decent fit on the GS.

Looking at both my bikes, I imagine I can fit the mount in the centre of the BMW bars and just the left of the clamps on the Triumph - but we shall see...

On my second GSA I removed the satnav cradle and put my phone there. You don't have to remove it if you want your phone in portrait but you do if you want it to sit landscape which I preferred. I'm not keen on having it low down as the less you look down the better imo.

I'd hate to be stopped by the police, and the final nail in the proverbial coffin - was a text pinging up on the screen,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I'd hate to be stopped by the police, and the final nail in the proverbial coffin - was a text pinging up on the screen,
    I should be okay. A) I never break any laws so there's no reason I would get stopped and B) I have no mates so I never get texts.

And C), it's easy enough to set the phone to "Do not disturb while driving".

Thanks for all the advice. Taking advantage of their Black Friday offer (30% discount on everything) I ordered a Quadlock case and a couple of mounts with vibration dampeners. However, the vibration dampeners are on back order so I won't get it all for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I have the same setup (Nav VI and TFT) on my GS, so it may be an issue - although I don't generally use a tank bag. As I have purchased two mounts I can always return one if I can't find a decent fit on the GS.

Looking at both my bikes, I imagine I can fit the mount in the centre of the BMW bars and just the left of the clamps on the Triumph - but we shall see...
    Mounted in the middle of the GS bars would work fine if you don't use a tank bag (or if your tank bag is far enough back) - give us a picture when done

Craftsman
    What’s going on chaps...best thread on TZ relegated to page 3 due to lack of input... flipping fair weather bikers..浪浪
    New pair of boots arriving tomorrow. My 15 year old Altberg Clubman Roadsters finally became non waterproof. Fair dues to Altberg they warned me the Goretex membrane was nearly worn through when I sent them for resoling earlier this year. They'll become my standby boots.

Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    New pair of boots arriving tomorrow. My 15 year old Altberg Clubman Roadsters finally became non waterproof. Fair dues to Altberg they warned me the Goretex membrane was nearly worn through when I sent them for resoling earlier this year. They'll become my standby boots.
    Think I was getting the same with my well-worn Daytonas (11yrs of general use and around 40,000 miles on holidays) - still pretty much waterproof, but probably had their day.

Economised a little and went for a pair of Alpinestars Web boots. I doubt I am needing an 11-year solution, now.

Master

I posted a photo of my setup a bit earlier in this thread -
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...90#post5551390

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Here’s the setup on the starship enterprise with wireless quadlock+quadlock anti-vibe + RAM mount arm. The wireless quadlock on a RAM mount arm already has some built-in vibe protection. The quadlock anti-vibe mount now makes the unit a bit like a moving image at speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately...Isle of Man cancels 2021 TT Festival

Next year's TT races on the Isle of Man have been cancelled due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The festival, worth about £30m to the Manx economy, brings tens of thousands of visitors each year. It had been due to take place from 29 May to 12 June.

Enterprise Minister Laurence Skelly said the "logical decision" to cancel the event for a second year was needed to protect residents and visitors...

Attn Triumph owners

Code BF30 will give you an extra 30% off some already superb offers here.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I posted a photo of my setup a bit earlier in this thread -
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...90#post5551390
    It certainly looks like there's no shortage of data

Is that using a Quad Lock 1” Ball Adaptor Mount?
    Last edited by Stanford; 30th November 2020 at 19:27.

Master
    It certainly looks like there's no shortage of data

Is that using a Quad Lock 1” Ball Adaptor Mount?
    Yes, small U-joint ball mount clamps to the same bar that holds the Nav6, long RAM arm, Quadlock 1"ball mount, Anti-vibe, wireless Quadlock charger... All-in, an expensive solution but it places the phone in the ideal position just below the eyeline, allows the Nav6, is wireless, and is never in the way of a tankbag. I use this setup on long tours and it's pretty faultless.

Craftsman
    Old boots - Altberg Clubman Roadster. 15 years old and 1 resole. Wore through the gear change pad years ago so patched it. Probably a can a year of the Altberg dressing.

New Revit Compass H2O. Initial impression is they are sturdy. Need to stomp around at lunch time before the ride home this evening.

Any interest in the Adventure Bike Rider Festival? https://www.adventurebikerider.com/a...ider-festival/
    Anyone been before and have any views?

My bike isn't an adventure bike but it does have 'some' off-road capability so I fancy pottling round some of the easier trails, looking at stuff to buy etc.

We're thinking of staying somewhere local for that weekend - I'm planning to get a day ticket for the Saturday while Mrs MCH goes off and does her wild swimming thing.

Craftsman
    Slowly recalibrating my feet in the new boots. 1st ride felt as if I was wearing clown boots! This morning not so bad but still not at my Altberg level of feel just yet.

Master
    I’ve found myself actively looking for a DRZ or CRF 250

I popped into the local HD dealer today.

It was quite eerie in there. The entirety of the staff have been furloughed, with the exception of the dealer principal.

No workshop, no sales staff no apparel executives or whatever the t-shirt sales bints are called. Just one man. And just one customer.

This is possibly what it's like for the rich and famous when they clear the shop so they can browse undisturbed.

If only I'd taken some cava and canopes

Master
    My mate just bought this - not my bag but looks and sounds awesome
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr