closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 178 of 213 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,900 of 10613

Thread: More bike related stuff

  1. #8851
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I do miss that bike. Canít believe Greg sold it though.
    Im pretty gutted Tony, not an easy decision but Iím struggling to get more than 20-30 minutes on the bike with my wrists now. Once I can take a step back on the work front Iím sure it will get better.

  2. #8852
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Im pretty gutted Tony, not an easy decision but Iím struggling to get more than 20-30 minutes on the bike with my wrists now. Once I can take a step back on the work front Iím sure it will get better.
    Thatís a bummer!

  3. #8853
    Gutted for you Greg, but itís coming to a good home.

  4. #8854
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Gutted for you Greg, but itís coming to a good home.
    I know it is, Iím sure youíll both be very happy together. Iím already missing it and itís still in my garage!

  5. #8855
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,588
    For many years SC has allowed ď forum favourites ď to circulate within the membership. Maybe we are seeing this the Tangerine dream, the CB 1300 and the orange Ducati Scrambler. All staying within the forum and spreading the enjoyment.

    Steve

  6. #8856
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    12,996

    More bike related stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    For many years SC has allowed ď forum favourites ď to circulate within the membership. Maybe we are seeing this the Tangerine dream, the CB 1300 and the orange Ducati Scrambler. All staying within the forum and spreading the enjoyment.

    Steve
    And letís not forget Howardís CB750 which seems to be doing the rounds. Possibly his CCM Spitfire too in the not too distant future?

    I could see myself on Sparepartís GPZ too when the time is right.

  7. #8857
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    For many years SC has allowed ď forum favourites ď to circulate within the membership. Maybe we are seeing this the Tangerine dream, the CB 1300 and the orange Ducati Scrambler. All staying within the forum and spreading the enjoyment.

    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And letís not forget Howardís CB750 which seems to be doing the rounds. Possibly his CCM Spitfire too in the not too distant future?

    I could see myself on Sparepartís GPZ too when the time is right.
    Very true, and a pretty good way to experience different bikes without being shafted by dealers every time. That said, it'll be weird seeing the TD when we're next able to organise some TZ ride-outs!

  8. #8858
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Gutted for you Greg, but itís coming to a good home.
    Nice one Matt, she is a lovely thing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And letís not forget Howardís CB750 which seems to be doing the rounds. Possibly his CCM Spitfire too in the not too distant future?

    I could see myself on Sparepartís GPZ too when the time is right.
    You never know... The TZ Garage!

  9. #8859
    Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!

  10. #8860
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!
    I'll be on it as soon as it looks feasible!

  11. #8861
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'll be on it as soon as it looks feasible!
    I'm still waiting for the new (to me) one to be delivered having put my deposit down in December.

    Worry is that in the time since putting down that deposit and now I've started looking at other bikes and wondering if I should get one of those instead...

  12. #8862
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I'm still waiting for the new (to me) one to be delivered having put my deposit down in December.

    Worry is that in the time since putting down that deposit and now I've started looking at other bikes and wondering if I should get one of those instead...
    I wish I'd thought of taking deposits on ride-outs!

  13. #8863
    Master Thewatchbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    6,765
    Took mine for its trip to get serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday. The driest day of the week the weather site said when I booked it which is great because there's two 60 mile round trips to drop off, pick up the hire bike (850GS) and return to collect it.

    In over 40 years of biking it was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, the bike was spotless when I set off!





    Fair play to Rukka gear and Daytona boots though as when I stripped off the only failure was a tiny damp patch on each sock where the boots had slightly let by. I had to remove my glasses on the ride home as the constant misting up of them combined with the torrential rain on my visor and dusk descending meant I was better off seeing relatively clearly but out of focus than seeing nothing at all. The joys of biking.

  14. #8864
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Took mine for its trip to get serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday. The driest day of the week the weather site said when I booked it which is great because there's two 60 mile round trips to drop off, pick up the hire bike (850GS) and return to collect it.

    In over 40 years of biking it was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, the bike was spotless when I set off!

    Just why did I bother getting that Akra spotless before posting it to you?

  15. #8865
    Master Thewatchbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    6,765
    Fear not Ian, it's spotless once more! I have a handy cleaning tip too, don't accidentally drop a microfibre cloth on to fully warmed up headers, it takes hours to remove the mess....

  16. #8866
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Fear not Ian, it's spotless once more! I have a handy cleaning tip too, don't accidentally drop a microfibre cloth on to fully warmed up headers, it takes hours to remove the mess....
    Noted!

  17. #8867
    Had a delivery today... happy does not come close! Thanks so much Greg

    I like to personalise bikes but this one came with so much not sure what else there is to do...



  18. #8868
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Had a delivery today... happy does not come close! Thanks so much Greg

    I like to personalise bikes but this one came with so much not sure what else there is to do...


    Blimey. Kind if wish I'd stuck with her if I'm honest.

    Anyway, I’m very happy for you, Matt. The only thing I'd be thinking about changing would be the rear shock.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 22nd February 2021 at 20:40.

  19. #8869
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Had a delivery today... happy does not come close! Thanks so much Greg

    I like to personalise bikes but this one came with so much not sure what else there is to do...


    Iím glad she was able to stay on the forum and I know sheís gone to a good home

  20. #8870
    Master Thewatchbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    6,765
    A lovely bike, congratulations! Tony did it up a treat but the only thing I'd change if it was mine is removal of the number plate bracket and relocation of the number plate.

  21. #8871
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!
    IN!

  22. #8872
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Took mine for its trip to get serviced and MOT'd on Wednesday. The driest day of the week the weather site said when I booked it which is great because there's two 60 mile round trips to drop off, pick up the hire bike (850GS) and return to collect it.

    In over 40 years of biking it was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, the bike was spotless when I set off!





    Fair play to Rukka gear and Daytona boots though as when I stripped off the only failure was a tiny damp patch on each sock where the boots had slightly let by. I had to remove my glasses on the ride home as the constant misting up of them combined with the torrential rain on my visor and dusk descending meant I was better off seeing relatively clearly but out of focus than seeing nothing at all. The joys of biking.
    Yikes. This also happens to me a lot more than chance dictates it should!

  23. #8873
    Master chris2982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!
    I'm up for this.


    But the way things are looking my bike is gonna be due its first service before I can even get my licence.

    Chris.

    Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

  24. #8874
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Yikes. This also happens to me a lot more than chance dictates it should!
    Took my GS for a service and clean last week and it was torrential on the way home... well worth the clean

  25. #8875
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Iím glad she was able to stay on the forum and I know sheís gone to a good home
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    A lovely bike, congratulations! Tony did it up a treat but the only thing I'd change if it was mine is removal of the number plate bracket and relocation of the number plate.
    I don't know where I am in the queue to own it but I have an irrational hatred of those number plate brackets so, if it's not done by the time it's my turn, it soon will be.

  26. #8876
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Youíre all wrong. The number plate is precisely where it should be!

  27. #8877
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Hopefully we can have a TZ ride out later this year!
    Count me in as well. I have never meet anyone from TZ.

    I love the RT9, I just wished at 6ft 2 it would fit me. Enjoy

  28. #8878
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Count me in as well. I have never meet anyone from TZ.

    I love the RT9, I just wished at 6ft 2 it would fit me. Enjoy
    Iím just over 6í and I find my R9T Urban is fine with unit garage handlebars and a bespoke rear shock to improve ride quality and increase seat height...
    Many change footrests too but Iíve not found that necessary so far

  29. #8879
    Iím just over 6ft too and it seems fine, the racer I tried was a totally different thing and killed my back!

  30. #8880
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Youíre all wrong. The number plate is precisely where it should be!
    Agree- I like it! Some people have no taste

  31. #8881
    Both bikes had a full valet, ACF treatment, and ceramic coat today. Amazing job by a local guy!




  32. #8882
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Grrrr...

  33. #8883
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,439
    Watched a couple of intro videos on the Harley Pan America. I'm not convinced about the looks - especially the front end, but the specs seem pretty good and the price is not outrageous.



    Definitely worth a look when it arrives later in the year.

  34. #8884
    Master chris2982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    3,768
    Well that's my CBT re re rebooked. This time for the 13th of April.

    Fingers crossed

    Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

  35. #8885
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,588
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Watched a couple of intro videos on the Harley Pan America. I'm not convinced about the looks - especially the front end, but the specs seem pretty good and the price is not outrageous.



    Definitely worth a look when it arrives later in the year.
    But the weight! And so close to that front wheel. The GS has a lower centre of gravity and thats still a mahoosive bike.

    Steve

  36. #8886
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Both bikes had a full valet, ACF treatment, and ceramic coat today. Amazing job by a local guy!



    Now thats literally ď rubbing it inĒ

  37. #8887
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    But the weight! And so close to that front wheel. The GS has a lower centre of gravity and thats still a mahoosive bike.

    Steve
    You may well be right, although a quick go on one would confirm it one way or the other. From what Iíve read the top spec Pan-Am weighs about 250kg - same as my R1250GS.

  38. #8888

  39. #8889
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Watched a couple of intro videos on the Harley Pan America. I'm not convinced about the looks - especially the front end, but the specs seem pretty good and the price is not outrageous.



    Definitely worth a look when it arrives later in the year.
    I was hoping that this one would be released first.


  40. #8890
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    738
    I cant wait for the weather and rules to change as well. Need summat to cheer me up. Them roads in North Wales should do the trick, I know Enoch will second that. Need to get the RS serviced first though, and a new set of tyres will be needed very soon as well.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  41. #8891
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    32,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Sorry...
    You still have some configurations to try - it looks ace with the single seat/seat pod fitted and the rear subframe removed

  42. #8892
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,624
    It is a striking bike with great aesthetics. I read this week that the R nine T was designed by the same person that has designed the new Indian Chief models - Ole Stenagard. Theyíre his first efforts for Indian since he joined them in 2018.

    Thought Iíd take the Fireblade onto the public roads yesterday, for the first time since Winter started...quick check on the Tax and MOT online. Oops. Tax is fine. MOT less so, expired 2 months ago. Took the car instead. Booked in today at 1130. Fingers crossed.

  43. #8893
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Grrrr...
    Double Grrrr...

  44. #8894
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    5,025
    That Pan America ain't no HOG, despite being an ugly pig.
    And that photos is its best angle. The front is diabolical.

  45. #8895
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That Pan America ain't no HOG, despite being an ugly pig.
    And that photos is its best angle. The front is diabolical.
    It looks like it could play ďugly droid 2Ē in the original Star Wars.

    I actually quite like it lol.

  46. #8896
    I happened to find myself in my local Harley Dealership today (OK, not in as that would be illegal, but they were happily wheeling bikes outside for me to sit on and go potato potato) and they are quite excited by the imminent arrival of the Dirt Glide.

    The looks are unusual but I suspect that after a while when we become familiar they'll look fine. The current Fat Bob front end looked unpleasant at first but now is fine (to my eye at least) and at least the front of the new HD is sufficiently different from the BMW and the KTM competitors. And the Ford Sierra looked positively space age in 1982...

    Price wise they've brought it in below the BMW which is a smart move.

    Local dealer is convinced that they'll sell well, but only if they can get folk through the door to ride them. As they are multi-franchise across the group they are thinking of doing combined Triumph, KTM and HD adventure bike demo days to get riders out on all 3.

  47. #8897
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    It looks like it could play ďugly droid 2Ē in the original Star Wars.

    I actually quite like it lol.
    It's definitely growing on me. I don't think there are many (any?) "adventure" bikes that could be called good-looking, but I like the purposeful design of my GS and I reckon I could get used to the Pan-Am. Having said that, the front is definitely unusual...



    My local HD dealer in Chester is in the same building as the BMW Motorrad so it'll be easy to take a look and run for the hills if the HD AD experience proves too much.

  48. #8898
    I am torn on the HD, I like the look from most angles, but the front is so ugly it makes it attractive. I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, but don't see me parting money for one.

    On a separate note, what a great day, bike is off for a service, so I am taking the long way there to get a bit of a ride in.....

  49. #8899
    some people think the MT10 is fugly but thats on another level imo.

    *looks like its been designed by the same guy who does the robots in futurama


  50. #8900
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,284
    It's an uncompromising 'form follows function' approach, I guess - unless the designer actually thinks it looks good - but I like it.
    I'm not sure I'd buy it but I'm not lined up for any of its rivals either at the moment.
    I wonder if they will be at the Adventure Bike Rider Festival?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information