closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 102 of 357 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,100 of 17815

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Here we go, just a quick one on my way home!

Really pleased so far, its already got some nice extra bits on, I've a few more planned short-term and maybe even a colour change long-term.
    Very nice indeed👍👍 enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm just doing a few exercises before having a shower and heading out for a post-lockdown ride (I'll probably shoot a short video as well). I'm actually getting a kind of churning in my tummy due to excitement - how sad is that?
    Not sad at all! Enjoy every moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go, just a quick one on my way home!

Really pleased so far, its already got some nice extra bits on, I've a few more planned short-term and maybe even a colour change long-term.
    Very nice.

Same colour as mine.

I was worried you might find it a little boring as, whilst it's twice the engine size of the Ducati, it has a more relaxed character
    Last edited by Gyp; 14th May 2020 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Fantastic, Mark - really pleased for you! How was the ride?
    Ride was just lovely Tony. So nice to be out and about again.......being on a new bike too just added to the enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Very nice.

Same colour as mine.

I was worried you might find it a little boring as, whilst it's twice the engine size of the Ducati, it has a more relaxed character
    Very true, I did so much research prior to deciding and for a long time I really though I was simply going to upgrade to the larger Ducati (Full Throttle). Initially on my way home yesterday I did wonder if I'd made the right call. However, it was just a case of adjusting my riding style. The Triumph is actually very similar in riding stance and position I immediately felt very at home, but it's the engine character that is different. The extra power is certainly there but not so 'urgent' as the Ducati's.......by the end of the ride yesterday though I was grinning from ear to ear as this style is definitely going to suit me just fine.

The only frustrating thing for me yesterday was that on removing the tank pads it seems that Triumph have changed the adhesive used so that it no longer leaves and sticky residue (plus) but it has marked the surface of the paint with a slight discoloration. I've managed to remove some of this with T-cut but it looks like it's going to take a bit more elbow grease......not something I expected to do with a brand new bike.

. The extra power is certainly there but not so 'urgent' as the Ducati's.......by the end of the ride yesterday though I was grinning from ear to ear as this style is definitely going to suit me just fine.
    The Triumph has a chunky midrange which gives it quite a relaxed character

The only frustrating thing for me yesterday was that on removing the tank pads <snip>.....not something I expected to do with a brand new bike.
    Err, what tank pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    The Triumph has a chunky midrange which gives it quite a relaxed character

Err, what tank pads?
    The black rubber knee pads on the side of the tank...

Yes, I'll join the Triumph Forums properly now that I have the bike.....I can stop 'lurking' ;o)

The black rubber knee pads on the side of the tank...

Yes, I'll join the Triumph Forums properly now that I have the bike.....I can stop 'lurking' ;o)
    Grief. I've not seen my bike for 2 months and I'd forgotten it had pads. I had to check my picture gallery!

Turns out I was on the Triumphrat forum and ltf was on the Triumph forum forum so not the same one.

I'm now on both so there are more people I can bore with my pannier, clock and throttle spacer opinions

Probably no but has anyone not missed their bike as much as they thought they would? I'm thinking that when this is over I'll keep a bike but maybe go for something a bit less overkill than a R1200 GSA.

The Ducati on SC recently has made me wonder if near £20k bikes are stupid and maybe something like that or an R9T would be better for just having a general motorbike and something to go out on with mates. I've moved back into London now so a GSA for the commute (which somehow takes longer than the train) is a bit much but then again when was a GSA sensible?

On the other hand I'm really enjoying my bicycle at the minute which I didn't expect. That could be my new commute.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Probably no but has anyone not missed their bike as much as they thought they would? I'm thinking that when this is over I'll keep a bike but maybe go for something a bit less overkill than a R1200 GSA.
    I'm missing my bikes more than my watches...

No bikes, powered or otherwise and only a budget G-shock since before lockdown.

I'm glad I didn't buy the K1600 just before as I suspect it may be some time before lengthy tours are the order of the day.

I'm thinking of picking up the Triumph tomorrow so I can use that for my commute, mind you as the car told me it was 0.5C this morning as I set out, maybe not yet.

I know folk are excitedly getting on their bikes as lockdown has been eased, but it's important to remember that lockdown hasn't been lifted and this isn't all over. It's still a really bad time to find your self in hospital.

First ride in nearly 2 months......I needed that!!

Missed this view...

Quiet roads and sun in the sky...

Yep. All is now well in my world.

I'm missing my bike too, I'm down in Cornwall and the bike is still in London

Solution? Buy another bike! I'm seriously tempted by a late 70s bmw airhead, ~50hp for pottering around on and taking the GF out on, problem is that it is hard to find one that is still in original dress

ULEZ exempt and tax / mot free should be a fairly low cost second bike for the occasional jaunt and when I want to blitz it, I can get my KTM RC8R out!

Sent from my SM-G977B using TZ-UK mobile app

Some nice fresh reasonably clean air over Kent, today.
    Fresh service and MOT too:

Master
    105 Miles. Most enjoyable.

i wasnt that far from you today enoch (took a ride up to much wenlock) , nice clear roads -only saw a couple of bikers which is unusual for that road (A458) and seeing as lots of ppl are off work.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    i wasnt that far from you today enoch (took a ride up to much wenlock) , nice clear roads -only saw a couple of bikers which is unusual for that road (A458) and seeing as lots of ppl are off work.
    I saw quite a few bikes, some of them more than once, I think they were doing a similar route to me but the other way around😎

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Looks like I’ll be out on Sunday with a few mates, observing social distance naturally. Meet at Rivvy Barn then onwards and upwards to Devils Bridge. Back through Hawes and then home to Warrington. Me on my Street, a few assorted Ducs and a couple of gixers. Cant wait

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Some nice fresh reasonably clean air over Kent, today.
    Fresh service and MOT too:

I miss my Diavel. Comfiest bike I’ve had, just didnt get on with the low speed vibes and snatchiness of the big v-twin. My mate has the new 1260S, I may have a go on his this weekend and see if they have improved.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Oy Enoch, I want to know why the dash is blanked out part way through

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I miss my Diavel. Comfiest bike I’ve had, just didnt get on with the low speed vibes and snatchiness of the big v-twin. My mate has the new 1260S, I may have a go on his this weekend and see if they have improved.

Stuart

They aren't the easiest things at low speeds.
    I think you'll find the 1260 is smoother and easier around town and the suspension (rear in particular) is a little gentler.
    As for whether or not the 1260 is improved over the 1198, possibly, but I quite like the rawness of my Gen 2.

Master
    Oy Enoch, I want to know why the dash is blanked out part way through

Stuart
    I’ve no idea mate, I think it was a glitch in the iMovie software😈

The GSA is a lovely bike Wiley and I was looking at one myself. It's an Adventure tourer though and rarely used for it's intended purpose. Very stylish and cool but akin to Range Rover drivers who only go off road when they park on the drive at home. I've been as far as Greece on my Ducati streetfighter and very comfy it is too. That said, I went as far as Banbury on the ZX10R and would have got the train home if it was an option!
    A smaller all rounder is always a good choice ( hence the scrambler ) but maybe as a second bike. ;D

The Ducati on SC recently has made me wonder if near £20k bikes are stupid and maybe something like that or an R9T would be better for just having a general motorbike and something to go out on with mates. I've moved back into London now so a GSA for the commute (which somehow takes longer than the train) is a bit much but then again when was a GSA sensible?

On the other hand I'm really enjoying my bicycle at the minute which I didn't expect. That could be my new commute.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    Haha...me neither...

I think I live about 4-5 miles from you Enoch?
    Today (keeping myslf lockdow legal) I mostly did..

Ellemere
    Harmer Hill
    Wem
    Whitchurch
    Nantwich
    Whitchurch
    Market Drayton
    Newport (Shrops ..obvs)
    Shrewsbury
    Ellemere
    St Martins

Home..... so cold, I bought a copy of the Telegraph to put inside my jacket...lol.

Not riding, that will be Saturday, but I had a superb blast in the Exige this evening. Almost no traffic for 45 mins of A road driving. Bliss.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

More bike related stuff

Been trying to knock up some miles on this.....

Last edited by BadBoyR; 15th May 2020 at 01:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Been trying to knock up some miles on this.....

Now that looks focused, Ducati’s cant fail to raise your pulse.

Master
    Looks like I’ll be out on Sunday with a few mates, observing social distance naturally. Meet at Rivvy Barn then onwards and upwards to Devils Bridge. Back through Hawes and then home to Warrington. Me on my Street, a few assorted Ducs and a couple of gixers. Cant wait

Stuart

There were a few bikers in Hawes on Wednesday, it’s upset a few locals as some were pissing in the car park behind the closed toilets and dropping litter as the bins are closed.

They’ll have the pitchforks out over the weekend.

Master
    Something therapeutic about watching a craftsman..

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    There were a few bikers in Hawes on Wednesday, it’s upset a few locals as some were pissing in the car park behind the closed toilets and dropping litter as the bins are closed.

They’ll have the pitchforks out over the weekend.

Yeah I guess a few idiots will be out, its inevitable I suppose. Cant blame the locals tbh, but its a two way street as well, they rely on passing trade in the summer, as folks can travel a bit wider now why not open the toilets and bins. If theres a legitimate reason not to, fair enough. I dont see any of our group behaving like that tbh anyway.

Stuart

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Something therapeutic about watching a craftsman..

Excellent video/videos! I have an old airhead that I need to lavish some love on and this guy is inspiring me to get out in the garage - not that I have anywhere the level of skill or tools that he has! He made that exhaust look so easy to put together and I know I'd just end up with a pile of metal shards on the floor!

Master
    When riding a bike to the Post Office, always expect the unexpected...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    When riding a bike to the Post Office, always expect the unexpected...

Wow, that popped out like someone threw it !!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Collected my powder coated parts today, so that I can fit the forward controls to the new Bobber..

Master
    Out on the Honda this afternoon...

Although this chapel is literally 5 minutes from home...

Getting very excited about going out tomorrow. I’ve got a route planned around Hampshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire .

Master
    Did over 250miles today between Esher and Northamptonshire on A and B roads. Perfect conditions. Loads of bikers out for the leisure ride (I wasn’t!). Road traffic has more than doubled the last 72hrs.

Lots of caged drivers very suspect in their observation skills given their time off the road - I can only encourage all riders to be on the extra alert.

Took the bike for its first post-lockdown blat today, resplendent with new holes drilled in the alloy sump guard.

Not very far, but far enough to get a few grins.
    There was some pretty stupidly aggresive riding to be seen on the roads today, and some pretty inattentive drivers - not a good mix. Stay safe everyone, and think for the other fool, just in case they can't or won't.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Lots of caged drivers very suspect in their observation skills given their time off the road - I can only encourage all riders to be on the extra alert.
    Everyone has forgotten how to drive. The way people are driving right now makes the usual weekend drivers look like skilled experts.

Master
    Everyone has forgotten how to drive. The way people are driving right now makes the usual weekend drivers look like skilled experts.
    Oh yes tell me about it!! Since Wednesday the roads have become manic and they’ve all forgotten how to use the loud pedal .

I'm out on the bike for the day tomorrow, but did manage to shoot a quick video on it today

Bug spattered bike after a couple of hundred miles today!

Loving the weather and empty roads.....

Master
    My mate got his old airhead out today..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not riding, that will be Saturday, but I had a superb blast in the Exige this evening. Almost no traffic for 45 mins of A road driving. Bliss.
    Andy, not wishing to be funny, but do you not think that was because “essential journeys only” remains the underlying mantra? Blasts.....less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Andy, not wishing to be funny, but do you not think that was because “essential journeys only” remains the underlying mantra? Blasts.....less so.
    I think “essential journeys only” has gone by the board. Just look at the other posts in this thread.

Went for 2 non essential bike rides today too.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Exercising the CB again today. Love this bike!

I think “essential journeys only” has gone by the board. Just look at the other posts in this thread.

Ignore him Andy, he’s a special kind of t*t who likes to troll, wish he’d stick to sales threads, bragging about money etc and stay out of threads that are good natured (please don’t quote him ).

Took the little Scrambler out for its first proper ride today. About 100 miles and just great fun. Stopped for fuel and a nice young lady filling her car up commented on what a lovely bike it was. Never had that before!
    Really enjoying it and it shows you dont need big CC's for big smiles!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries

More the fool you. I think your misunderstanding of the underlying message is (sadly) shared quite widely.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Ignore him Andy, he’s a special kind of t*t who likes to troll, wish he’d stick to sales threads, bragging about money etc and stay out of threads that are good natured (please don’t quote him ).
    Mate, thanks for your contribution. Justifying “blasts” in the current environment seems entirely incongruous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    More the fool you. I think your misunderstanding of the underlying message is (sadly) shared quite widely.
    Seems you are the one with the misunderstanding: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...ct-motorbikes/.