closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 359 of 359 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359
Results 17,901 to 17,913 of 17913

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Well, I have my theory booked for Monday, CBT on Wednesday and just had a CB125R delivered from Honda.

Grand plan is re-skill myself on the road and with the gears (used to commute on a 125 scooter for years, about 15yrs ago) get some lessons on a bigger bike then aim for full license by end of July-ish.

(Then swap CB125 for the 750 TransAlp and ride to Almeria. Because!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Go for it - that’s a fair trek - had the TA for a couple of days and enjoyed it - seat was much more comfortable than my T7
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Good for you!

If you haven't already taken the "hazard awareness" computer bit (whatever it is called) - be careful of noticing the hazards too early. People who have driven a lot - tend to see the hazards way before they expect a novice rider to do so. You can score low because of that.

Almeria - that's a fair old trek !!

Good luck!
    Ha!
    Yeh, got the online thing from DVSA, did about 100 of the hazard identification vids yesterday.
    I was failing the first lot constantly due to early noticing (I am an advanced driver with the IAM so it seemed really obvious - but is designed for newbies).

Had to teach myself to identify them when it expects me to (late, lol) - but seem to have the measure of it now.

Did a load of mock theory and hazards tests later yesterday and passed them all once I had the trick for the videos, so no dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Go for it - that’s a fair trek - had the TA for a couple of days and enjoyed it - seat was much more comfortable than my T7
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Mega! Been thinking about it for years. Drove it last summer, lovely few days

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Out of interest - I plotted a non-peage rout from Calais………

Could be a leisurely 5 day jaunt.

I see a Team TZ continental ride out on the horizon!

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Well, I have my theory booked for Monday, CBT on Wednesday and just had a CB125R delivered from Honda.

Grand plan is re-skill myself on the road and with the gears (used to commute on a 125 scooter for years, about 15yrs ago) get some lessons on a bigger bike then aim for full license by end of July-ish.

(Then swap CB125 for the 750 TransAlp and ride to Almeria. Because!)
    Soiunds great, and good luck. If you do the Almeria trip, have a look at Aguadulce for somewhere to stay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I don`t know why BMW keep persisting with a `custom` model - they`ve never got it right.
    The R1200C was never a big seller, the R18 was/is somewhat a sales disaster and now this hideous mish-mash.
    In fact it`s not just BMW, virtually all custom-styled bikes from all manufacturers are awful.
    They keep building them because it’s a global market. Just because in the Uk something doesn’t sell doesn’t mean to say worldwide it doesn’t sell. If they don’t make money on something it will soon be dropped from the range.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    They keep building them because it’s a global market. Just because in the Uk something doesn’t sell doesn’t mean to say worldwide it doesn’t sell. If they don’t make money on something it will soon be dropped from the range.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Nathan is taking a R18 full dresser across a section of the states currently. More used to 125- 450cc adventure bikes his opening line is he dislikes the bike! Heavy slow expensive and the suspension crashes over bumps. His objective is to see if dislike changes to like over two weeks.

https://youtu.be/w72osBxIY2o?si=jr44o2YZRK83sAwi

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Nathan is taking a R18 full dresser across a section of the states currently. More used to 125- 450cc adventure bikes his opening line is he dislikes the bike! Heavy slow expensive and the suspension crashes over bumps. His objective is to see if dislike changes to like over two weeks.

https://youtu.be/w72osBxIY2o?si=jr44o2YZRK83sAwi
    Would be interesting.

I spotted a delivery mileage pre reg fully loaded one that lists at £25,700 and the dealer has it up at £15k. Clearly not moving.

Master
    Fitted some bling to the Bobton today.
    Ever since my foot caught the ground and broke my tib and fib, I have to admit I’m a bit nervous when leaning over, and I definitly can’t afford for it to happen again, so anything I can do to gain some ground clearance has to be a move in the right direction.

Enter Raisch, a German custom parts supplier. They do a suspension link that raises the rear of the bike. I shall be raising the front by utilising the speed twin forks which are longer than the bobber forks.

Looks like a needle-bearing in one end?

It’s non-rotating, I’d expect plain bushing (or cushion sleeve like other end).

Master
    The standard one also had a needle bearing in one end. And a sleeve which you reuse in the new one🤓

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    The standard one also had a needle bearing in one end. And a sleeve which you reuse in the new one邏
    Yeah- often used for rocking applications, but I'd have thought there was very little motion at all - there.

But - Triumph ain't gonna make a mistake with it.

Master
    I'm getting tuned in to the Speed Twin now. It's definitely a feel-good bike, and (for me) best suited to a bimble around the lanes, with the occasional A road thrown in.

Here it is, outside the Great British Pub of the Year, 2023/24.