closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 222 of 357 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,100 of 17840

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Enjoyed some me-time watching the Sunday evening flight traffic at Heathrow over some ice cream and coffee. Seemed right to bring the GPZ…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    Took the Multistrada into the garage for a bit of a refresh, did a great job, looks like a totally different bike now, very happy with it ;)

IMG_6476 by Bilko169, on Flickr

KTM SD GT by Bilko169, on Flickr

This is a wind up surely or has the custom house morphed your multi into a Superduke?

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Enjoyed some me-time watching the Sunday evening flight traffic at Heathrow over some ice cream and coffee. Seemed right to bring the GPZ…

Love this.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I've now put 650 miles on the clock (I've had the bike a week) and would value some advice.

I've pretty much ditched the low seat, as it's a piece of garbage - how anyone is meant to sit on it with a large void where the padding would have been is beyond me, and it's certainly not possible to do so for more than about half an hour without severe discomfort. I'll be speaking to Triumph North London today about returning it to them as it's really not fit for purpose.

My bigger problem is that - now I have the standard seat on the bike - it feels a bit too precarious for my liking. For clarity, when I stand over the seat I can get both feet flat on the ground. However, when I pull up to a stop and put one foot down I feel like I'm struggling a bit to find the ground (even with my toes), and it's making me nervous to the extent that I end up putting both feet down initially. I'm also finding the bike quite top-heavy compared to what I'm used to, which doesn't help.

Is it a question of getting more used to the bike, and building up my confidence on it a bit? I'm just worried that if a bike feels a bit big at first, then it really is a bit big, and time/mileage isn't going to help.
    Just a quick update on this (having posted it on the Brighton thread), but I've just spoken to the manager at NL Triumph, who I know quite well. I've said that to my mind the low seat isn't fit for purpose, and I'd like either a refund or - at worst - an exchange for the lower engine bars. Either way I'll be reasonably happy, save for the additional height issues that it's caused.

Just a quick update on this (having posted it on the Brighton thread), but I've just spoken to the manager at NL Triumph, who I know quite well. I've said that to my mind the low seat isn't fit for purpose, and I'd like either a refund or - at worst - an exchange for the lower engine bars. Either way I'll be reasonably happy, save for the additional height issues that it's caused.
    Been dipping into that thread as well. I think you will find that after a few weeks of riding on the standard seat you’ll have built a lot of confidence and it’ll be a comfortable non-issue.

As an aside, I have never regretted fitting crash protection to a bike ;)

Well, I managed to grab a few shots on my phone today...

Some other things I've noticed over the 450 miles I've put on the clock:

• It's quite top heavy compared to the other bikes I've owned. This can cause precarious moments, such as when you don't quite notice that there's a slight negative camber where you're trying to put your foot down.
    • The 19" front wheel becomes noticeable at slow speed on tight bends or turns. The bike needs more input.
    • Although it may sound strange, the Tiger seems very, very happy to be leaning. It's almost like leaning is it's preferred MO, and it's very reassuring.
    • Things that made my heart beat faster when on my TTR are just business as usual for this bike. Nothing seems to faze it.
    • Triumph's triple engines are bloody fantastic. I knew that from my Street Triple, but it's lovely to be on another one.

Oh, and the standard seat is now on the bike. Given that the new seat is all but unusable (there's just a void where the padding has been removed), I'm going to see if I can get some kind of refund on it.
    I've been away for a few days, so just catching up with the thread. I'm not a fan of the "adventure" style but in all fairness this looks really nice, especially in the red. Been reading about the seat/ride height issues..hope you get that sorted.
    All the best, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    I've been away for a few days, so just catching up with the thread. I'm not a fan of the "adventure" style but in all fairness this looks really nice, especially in the red. Been reading about the seat/ride height issues..hope you get that sorted.
    All the best, Steve.
    Cheers Steve. Looks-wise, the bike has really grown on me.

Cheers Steve. Looks-wise, the bike has really grown on me.
    Yes, I can totally understand that Tony

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Just been out for the final spin on the F900XR, new one arriving Friday😬
    Wonder what the weather’s going to do🤨

More bike related stuff

Nice 1 hour test ride completed on a Royal Enfield Interceptor today.

Thoughts are:
    Bloody well made for the price.
    Gearbox is sublime.
    Brakes are very good.
    Comfortable seating position, very relaxed.
    Standard seat is like a plank of wood.
    Suspension is firm (although it could be me carrying some excess lard).
    Sounds great with stock exhausts.

I need to try a Triumph Street Scrambler next to decide what to do…
    If only my local dealer had one to demo…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    This is a wind up surely or has the custom house morphed your multi into a Superduke?

LOL, fancied a change and had to be another Twin so what other than a Super Duke that fits the bill!!!!!

LOL, fancied a change and had to be another Twin so what other than a Super Duke that fits the bill!!!!!
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too. Is it the 1290GT?
    Last edited by manganr; 6th September 2021 at 18:47.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^? It looks the dogs danglies.

Steve

The GT Duke has been nailed onto my “one bike solution” list. On the days when I’m being delusional about coping with one bike.

Blog Entries
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too. Is it the 1290GT?
    Yes its the GT, I thought the Multi had some grunt but the 1290 engine is just plain bonkers!!!!!!!

Question for doing some touring, if you were wearing Gore-Tex Textiles, Jacket and Bottoms (ones where you can remove the linings if they get too hot) then do you wear some leggings underneath the bottoms (I imagine they’ll still get sweaty against bare skin) if it’s warm.

Basically thinking some running tights or something similar underneath the textiles…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That 1290 engine propels you forward like a bomb has gone off somewhere behind the back wheel. It’s an awesome motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Question for doing some touring, if you were wearing Gore-Tex Textiles, Jacket and Bottoms (ones where you can remove the linings if they get too hot) then do you wear some leggings underneath the bottoms (I imagine they’ll still get sweaty against bare skin) if it’s warm.

Basically thinking some running tights or something similar underneath the textiles…

I wear wicking running bottoms and a wicking t shirt when it’s hot touring. Definitely more comfortable.

When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I wear wicking running bottoms and a wicking t shirt when it’s hot touring. Definitely more comfortable.
    Thanks Matt, I’ll do that, like the sound of comfortable.

ER-6?? Hard to keep track of all the multi bike owners but I'm sure you had a retro looking bike??

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...

Master
    [QUOTE=MakeColdplayHistory;5829084]When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...

lovely settings and views ,

ER-6?? Hard to keep track of all the multi bike owners but I'm sure you had a retro looking bike??
    This is Mrs MCH's (or will be when she passes her test) but you're right, mine is a Fantic Caballero Scrambler.

Thought so. I used to have an ER6N. Its an absolutely superb bike and I'm sure she'll love it!

Well, I managed to grab a few shots on my phone today...

Some other things I've noticed over the 450 miles I've put on the clock:

• It's quite top heavy compared to the other bikes I've owned. This can cause precarious moments, such as when you don't quite notice that there's a slight negative camber where you're trying to put your foot down.
    • The 19" front wheel becomes noticeable at slow speed on tight bends or turns. The bike needs more input.
    • Although it may sound strange, the Tiger seems very, very happy to be leaning. It's almost like leaning is it's preferred MO, and it's very reassuring.
    • Things that made my heart beat faster when on my TTR are just business as usual for this bike. Nothing seems to faze it.
    • Triumph's triple engines are bloody fantastic. I knew that from my Street Triple, but it's lovely to be on another one.

Oh, and the standard seat is now on the bike. Given that the new seat is all but unusable (there's just a void where the padding has been removed), I'm going to see if I can get some kind of refund on it.
    I’m aiming to get one of these next year, looks to be the perfect two up tourer.

I’ve bought the registration number T90 0GT, just need the bike now

Master
    Orange is the new black (or something like that )

Still loving it.

That Blade is beautiful- if you ever want to swap let me know

Master
    That Blade is beautiful- if you ever want to swap let me know
    Maybe if my back decides it can't tolerate it anymore!

So far so good. Actually it's not too bad at all...

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Maybe if my back decides it can't tolerate it anymore!

So far so good. Actually it's not too bad at all...
    Im not surprised, great bikes! I keep meaning to swap the RnineT as it’s not different enough from my GS, but love the look and ride too much still.

Im not surprised, great bikes! I keep meaning to swap the RnineT as it’s not different enough from my GS, but love the look and ride too much still.
    Exactly why I'll try get an RnineT when I'm back in the market for a bike. Can't justify £20k on a GS for social jaunts but still want shaft drive. Not a fan of the R or RS.

Nice ride up to Pitlochrie, some stunning sights and the weather at Loch Tay is unreal, complete with some type of military helicopter, looked like an Apache???

More bike related stuff

Nice ride up to Pitlochrie, some stunning sights and the weather at Loch Tay is unreal, complete with some type of military helicopter, looked like an Apache???

————————-

Some cracking roads up there! We go to Pitlochry from our home in the East Neuk and head to Gilmerton near Crieff, then through the fabulous Sma’ Glen, Amultree, Aberfeldy and across.

We’ve had the odd weekend there and there’s some wonderful walks nearby, particularly following the Tummel up to Killicrankie and back!

And yes, does look like an Apache…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by pinpull; 7th September 2021 at 18:17.

Yes its the GT, I thought the Multi had some grunt but the 1290 engine is just plain bonkers!!!!!!!
    Genuinely been looking at the 1290GT for a while now and having 4 bikes I was thinking of chopping in the 1098 Streetfighter for it.
    And I love that bike. Would really be interested in what you think as an owner and user and more importantly what you don't like.
    Thanks
    Ray

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post

————————-

Some cracking roads up there! We go to Pitlochry from our home in the East Neuk and head to Gilmerton near Crieff, then through the fabulous Sma’ Glen, Amultree, Aberfeldy and across.

We’ve had the odd weekend there and there’s some wonderful walks nearby, particularly following the Tummel up to Killicrankie and back!

And yes, does look like an Apache…

[/QUOTE]

Well you are a very lucky person then having this on your doorstep, only thing that touches it for me which isn’t too far for me is the Lake District back home…

Simply stunning and looking forward to another two days riding up here…

Helstons Tracker... best jacket ever!?

Too much white / cream on that. CBA to keep cleaning jackets

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    My contender for puncture of the week courtesy of the M25. The tyre was two weeks old.

If Carlsberg did punctures
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Missed this post, what a beauty, sadly one that nice out of my reach.

That said very happy with the Blade. Another training session missed tonight to go out on it (TBH it was too bloody hot!). The weather breaks on Thursday though and that might be that for this year in terms of mid-week rides at least.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Too much white / cream on that. CBA to keep cleaning jackets

If Carlsberg did punctures
    Thank you. At last someone that appreciates a stupidly too large to fix puncture. Funny how many bikers can fix these when they don’t have them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Riding some stunning roads,very glad I ventured over the channel now.

frost bank branch near me

More bike related stuff

Well you are a very lucky person then having this on your doorstep, only thing that touches it for me which isn’t too far for me is the Lake District back home…

Simply stunning and looking forward to another two days riding up here…
    Indeed sir, we are very fortunate, however we are not that far apart and I know the roads in the LD are not too shabby either!

Enjoy your last couple of days, at least you’ve been blessed with decent weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Last edited by pinpull; 8th September 2021 at 17:42.

What a day riding up in Scotland, probably the best roads I’ve ridden today…

Homeward bound tomorrow, hopefully dodge the rain but the weather up here has been immense…

Blog Entries

What a day riding up in Scotland, probably the best roads I’ve ridden today…

Homeward bound tomorrow, hopefully dodge the rain but the weather up here has been immense…

What a place, half house half castle! Any history?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Think it was in Highlander, there can be only one.

Time for feet up in Fort William and a beer.

Eilean Donan Castle, visited once when sailing those parts.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Well that three days in Scotland was unbelievably good, got a good soaking today on the way home but have to say I enjoyed every second of the tour.

Have to say my Ducati Multistrada just ate up the miles, I really don’t know why I’ve been thinking about a second bike, it does everything I need and more.

A token pic of the bikes in Glencoe to finish it all off.

Master
    Well that three days in Scotland was unbelievably good, got a good soaking today on the way home but have to say I enjoyed every second of the tour.

Have to say my Ducati Multistrada just ate up the miles, I really don’t know why I’ve been thinking about a second bike, it does everything I need and more.

We stopped for an Ice Cream in the Glencoe visitors centre when we did the nc500 on the bike. I was admiring the view you showed above when out of no where the Red Arrows flew between the mountains in formation smoke on red white and blue. It was awesome and unforgettable

Steve

Some truly stunning scenery. What a great trip to do. Sounds like you mainly lucked out with the weather too, in that it didn’t rain the entire time.

In my last summer holiday to Inverness it rained 100% of the time. Well maybe not 100% but certainly it was either moderately raining, raining very heavily, raining lightly, just stopped raining or just about to start raining. Rain was the main weather theme. You get the picture. Still had a brilliant time in some of the most beautiful places on earth.

Ideal therapy after a tough week....

Been up in the mountains of Crete today. Fantastic roads, lovely smooth tarmac, light traffic & stunning views. Brilliant fun even on a 200cc scooter. Would be amazing on a decent bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Attention BMW owners.

It`s time to splash some cash and treat myself whilst i`m still young enough to enjoy...
    I know there`s a few BMW/GS owners here who may have experienced the buying process of late and who could give some advice as to getting a good deal on a new GSA? It`s been a long time since i bought a new bike and want to go into the buying process with eyes open and all options covered.
    These things are a bit spendy, are there ever any deals to be had on this model or are there any dealers who are known for being generous or is it strictly book price and we`ll maybe throw in a free service if you`re lucky?
    Are the GS`s so popular that they can afford to hang out for list price all the time? (saying that though, they`re not exactly like R***x and limiting availability are they - GS`s are bloody everywhere!)
    Any advice/experience appreciated.

New bikes in short supply, S/H bike values way up....................

I think there might be a 'dealer contribution incentive' on some models - saw an e-mail from my closest BMW dealer.

Otherwise I'd be surprised if you got anything from the dealers other than things that cost them less than giving you.

600m service free

A deal on BMW clothing/helmets