timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 44 of 354 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    .......and for something completely different to the sensible and blingy on this thread....

Another weekend, another dooo.
    Bikes, mates, beer, fire and giggles.
    You know you`ve had a good weekend when you get home with a few hundred on the odo dazed and fazed, often battered bruised and bloodied, with filthy hands, a tongue like Ghandi`s flip flop, and stinkin` of wood smoke.

And before anyone pipes up, i already know;

I have never seen something like that before,tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    This arrived today. Well chuffed with it...

Love that. On my shortlist for next bike so please keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I have never seen something like that before,tell us more.
    You`ve never seen a bastardized Jap four with a horse saddle towing a trailer with another bike and sundry camping crap on it before....?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    You`ve never seen a bastardized Jap four with a horse saddle towing a trailer with another bike and sundry camping crap on it before....?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    ive been looking at these myself and thinking of trading in my speed triple for the 1290r , prices on the used KTM's are strong , a 14 plate SDR is the same price as a 16 plate MT10 or BMW S1000r ...... mmm decisions.
    Participating dealerships are now offering a 'discount' on some 2019 models, including the 1290 Super Duke R :)

Finally finished the central 'stripe'.......quite pleased with the result

I parted with this today.
    Super bike with which I've done many miles, but it's time for a change.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Finally finished the central 'stripe'.......quite pleased with the result

Nice customisation and lovely Wisteria 👍🏍

The whole "buy the new bike the same colour as the old bike so the wife won't notice" all falls apart when you get both of them out of the garage at the same time...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    The whole "buy the new bike the same colour as the old bike so the wife won't notice" all falls apart when you get both of them out of the garage at the same time...

Both very nice , also tried that with a crosser a while back and didn't work either

Master
    Copied from my own thread for a wider audience,

My wife,50 this year has for a long time stated that on her birthday the 8th of august she would like to ride pillion on a Harley Davidson, now normally as a licence holder i would goto Leeds dealers and rent one, 9 points has scuppered this plan.

Are there any owners near leeds who could help me out by collecting her from out front Lovell Park (lloyds Banking Group) in leeds and bring her home to BD19 at a steady pace approx 9 miles. I am willing to recompense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

R1200R a seriously-underrrated bike. It does it all! Check out the Youtube video of a fella riding one in the Alps

https://youtu.be/gHc-r2LKB2E

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    R1200R a seriously-underrrated bike. It does it all! Check out the Youtube video of a fella riding one in the Alps

https://youtu.be/gHc-r2LKB2E
    I've had it for four years, and it is indeed massively capable and far faster than I am.

I can't help but ride it quickly, always marveling at the instant punch and astonishing brakes. Unfortunately however, my neck is in a bad way following a car accident 25 years or so ago and I can no longer deal with the forces.

Last year I rode from Gloucestershire to Edinburgh and back over 4 days on winding roads, and half way through day 3 my neck cried enough and I had to leave the rest of them to it and crawl home.

Last weekend we did around 800 miles around the Peak District and up to Yorkshire and back. This time I left the bike in Rain Mode, regardless of the conditions just to calm everything down and that helped, though I've been using heat pads since getting back. The bike, of course, took everything in its stride.

The logic behind the Street Scrambler is that with half the power and significantly lesser brakes, I can mess about without putting as much stress on my body. I hope it works out!

I had the new R1250R as a courtesy bike whilst my R9T was in for a service and MOT.

It made the R9T feel like a tractor in comparison. Same weight but feels so light and handled beautifully. I seriously thought about chopping mine in for one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You might enjoy this new video

Bikes and Bremonts

https://youtu.be/0bjecneoKA8

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I had the new R1250R as a courtesy bike whilst my R9T was in for a service and MOT.

It made the R9T feel like a tractor in comparison. Same weight but feels so light and handled beautifully. I seriously thought about chopping mine in for one.
    Come on, who on earth would chop their bike in after taking another one out whilst theirs was being serviced???

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Come on, who on earth would chop their bike in after taking another one out whilst theirs was being serviced???
    Well...!

My last test ride confirmed what I already knew - I had to have one of these (with a few mods) and so I've been out scrubbing in the tyres :

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    My last test ride confirmed what I already knew - I had to have one of these (with a few mods) and so I've been out scrubbing in the tyres :

Wow that’s stunning

Master
    Blog Entries

I think it was one of these left me standing still the other day,it went past in a blur.
    I caught up a bit in the bends then it just disappeared.

Problem is I keep forgetting I am old and so is my bike,I can’t keep up

New, to me, bike picked up on Friday.

Already done nearly 300 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    New, to me, bike picked up on Friday.

Already done nearly 300 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What happened to der Panzer!

Love the Austin Racing can, such a good choice. Looks lovely with the tail tidy. What a beast of a bike.

I wish I could see what it is but the picture’s not showing for me!

Master

That looks like a fun bike to ride!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, it must be me, but these KTMs look but ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Have to agree, the superdukes are a bit hit and miss for me but the 990 SMR is on my hit list and fast becoming a classic. That's a bit of a looker though!

I'm being drawn to this heavily customised R9T again... I almost went for it at the time I bought my Street Twin and the more I see it the more I want it.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better bike for the money than the Street you already have Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post
    Wow that’s stunning
    Cheers, I think so too

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I think it was one of these left me standing still the other day,it went past in a blur.
    I caught up a bit in the bends then it just disappeared.

Problem is I keep forgetting I am old and so is my bike,I can’t keep up
    None of us is getting any younger, as I frequently have to remind myself

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Love the Austin Racing can, such a good choice. Looks lovely with the tail tidy. What a beast of a bike.
    I was in two minds about the can...but then I heard it
    The tail tidy is a vast improvement over the stock item.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I wish I could see what it is but the picture’s not showing for me!
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    That looks like a fun bike to ride!
    Definitely, and will be even more when it's run in

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    It's not to everyone's taste, but then I seem to like the more 'challenged' designs such as this and the Diavel

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find a better bike for the money than the Street you already have Tony.
    I know

I'm being drawn to this heavily customised R9T again... I almost went for it at the time I bought my Street Twin and the more I see it the more I want it.

Beautiful bike and Lind are a good bunch to deal with. I've bought two bikes from there but I don't know if I would swap the Street Triple for this. Seems more like an additional bike than an only bike. In that colour scheme anyway. But shaft drive is a joy - no maintenance!

each to their own etc etc , but that thing is butt fugly -a brown seat on any motorbike is just a no and it looks like they forgot to finish building the back end.
    its already been said - when you get your next bike go forwards not backwards, moving from the sreet triple to that would be like riding a motorised shopping trollly :P

Master
    My mate ordered a new one of these today.... 👍

Haha... I also rather fancy a Thruxton R

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Have to agree, the superdukes are a bit hit and miss for me but the 990 SMR is on my hit list and fast becoming a classic. That's a bit of a looker though!

If i ever quit riding a supersport, I will be looking for something like a KTM SM990R or a Ducati Hypermotard. Those bikes look like they are the ultimate hooligan city bikes.

Have you ridden it yet? That might let you know what is best for you.

FWIW I think the straight bike is the better looking one. But I would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    If i ever quit riding a supersport, I will be looking for something like a KTM SM990R or a Ducati Hypermotard. Those bikes look like they are the ultimate hooligan city bikes.
    If you are comfortable with the seat height the Hyper would be a lot of fun.

Haha... I also rather fancy a Thruxton R
    You should’ve bought Kerry’s!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You should’ve bought Kerry’s!
    Yes, I probably should.

Have you ridden it yet? That might let you know what is best for you.

FWIW I think the straight bike is the better looking one. But I would say that.

No, no, I think you're completely right. The standard is the pick of the bunch by miles.

Just as an FYI, the one I’m interested in is the standard 9T.

Just as an FYI, the one I’m interested in is the standard 9T.
    Yes, sorry, I could see that. I meant the standard trim package. Prefer that tank in black and the polished aluminium!

Yes, sorry, I could see that. I meant the standard trim package. Prefer that tank in black and the polished aluminium!
    Oh, got you. In the metal the paint job (a metallic orange) is really nice. It also has a host of (mostly Rizoma) parts on it, including (BMW) engine guards, rear rack, seat, license plate holder, bar end mirrors, flyscreen and rear hugger. That said, they've had the bike for a long time now so I'm thinking there must be a decent deal to be done as they'll no doubt want to shift it if they can.

Master
    Oh, got you. In the metal the paint job (a metallic orange) is really nice. It also has a host of (mostly Rizoma) parts on it, including (BMW) engine guards, rear rack, seat, license plate holder, bar end mirrors, flyscreen and rear hugger. That said, they've had the bike for a long time now so I'm thinking there must be a decent deal to be done as they'll no doubt want to shift it if they can.
    Tony from my observations people who like and keep their R9t’s are the ‘right size’. They do suit smaller riders, so firstly make sure the position and seat footpeg dimensions feel right.
    Im guessing it will have more torque than you Triumph, but the ride will be more relaxed.
    Lastly BM dealerships really pushed the boat out on Rizoma bling parts, they are exquisite to look at and feel BUT remember, you get non of the value back when you sell. So bargain hard for a cost to change if its for you.

Was there when I bought my bike in November...

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony from my observations people who like and keep their R9t’s are the ‘right size’. They do suit smaller riders, so firstly make sure the position and seat footpeg dimensions feel right.
    Im guessing it will have more torque than you Triumph, but the ride will be more relaxed.
    Lastly BM dealerships really pushed the boat out on Rizoma bling parts, they are exquisite to look at and feel BUT remember, you get non of the value back when you sell. So bargain hard for a cost to change if its for you.
    All good points, thanks. It will be a very tough negotiation if it's going to happen, but I've set the ball rolling with an email to the sales manager (who I know from my previous visit) and a request for a test ride.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Was there when I bought my bike in November...
    Ditto - I swung a leg over it back then, as well as the other 9T's that were in stock.

All good points, thanks. It will be a very tough negotiation if it's going to happen, but I've set the ball rolling with an email to the sales manager (who I know from my previous visit) and a request for a test ride.

Ditto - I swung a leg over it back then, as well as the other 9T's that were in stock.
    Just to add, my insurers have confirmed that an R9T would be £600 pa less than my Striple. That's something to take account of when weighing up the cost of change!

I guess just have the test ride and see what you think. Mine was my first bike after DAS and I’ve still got it a year on.

For me it does everything I need. I’m also a short arse so it suits me that I can easily get both feet flat on the floor.

I am a big BMW fan, so that also is a factor.

You see less of them around than the Triumphs too. I quite like that.

Just to add, my insurers have confirmed that an R9T would be £600 pa less than my Striple. That's something to take account of when weighing up the cost of change!
    Bloody hell. How much is your insurance on the triple?