closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bobby Tench RIP

Bobby Tench RIP

Just found out that the quite brilliant Bobby Tench passed away last month. Bobby played with many bands in the 70's including Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart and Roger Chapman. He was a multi instrumentalist, superb guitar player and great singer. His duets with Chappo in the Streetwalkers and with Linda Lewis (who we lost last year) were simply outstanding. So sad that these wonderful musicians are slipping away without the recognition they truly deserve.

Sad indeed. We were watching a 70's music programme on TV the other night and my wife remarked on the extraordinary musicianship of some of the session players and guys in one hit wonder bands, and we wondered where they all were now.
    Unfortunately as you say, many are now quietly passing with little or no recognition.

Master
    mark Knopflers 59 les Paul burst which recently sold for £560k was purchased from Tench in the 90s

A shame.

As you say a lot of great musicians of the period are passing away with hardly any recognition.

At least we lived through their great music.

RIP Bobby.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Journeyman
    RIP Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Sad indeed. We were watching a 70's music programme on TV the other night and my wife remarked on the extraordinary musicianship of some of the session players and guys in one hit wonder bands, and we wondered where they all were now.
    Unfortunately as you say, many are now quietly passing with little or no recognition.
    This is so true,
    The amazing keyboardist Max Middleton lives in my village, he played with many artists, (Jeff Beck, Cozy Powell, Nazareth, Chris Rea etc), one of the top session musicians in the 70-90's, he's retired now in his 70's but such a laid back and generous genuine talented person, I think he is one who should have received more recognition, (maybe he will in time), he's told me some amazing stories about various musicians and happenings.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by BEZELBOY View Post
    This is so true,
    The amazing keyboardist Max Middleton lives in my village, he played with many artists, (Jeff Beck, Cozy Powell, Nazareth, Chris Rea etc), one of the top session musicians in the 70-90's, he's retired now in his 70's but such a laid back and generous genuine talented person, I think he is one who should have received more recognition, (maybe he will in time), he's told me some amazing stories about various musicians and happenings.

Andy
    A fascinating guy to know!

Quote Originally Posted by BEZELBOY View Post
    This is so true,

Andy
    I saw Max with John Martyn & Jeff Beck, what a player. He used to wear a white Beenie hat back in the day...does he still wear it? I bet he has some stories about John Martyn? Send him my best!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I saw Max with John Martyn & Jeff Beck, what a player. He used to wear a white Beenie hat back in the day...does he still wear it? I bet he has some stories about John Martyn? Send him my best!
    Haha!
    No, he wears a trilby style hat now, even in doors.
    He hasn’t talked about John Martyn, and doesn’t at all unless you engage him, very selfless, but one of my favourite stories was when I asked which artist impressed him the most?, he quickly told me he was in a studio recording complex, and when the band were taking a break, they were informed that Stevie Wonder was in the next door studio, he was invited in and actually witnessed Stevie writing, composing, arranging what became Superstition.
    What really impressed Max was that Stevie played every instrument on the initial recording.
    Phenomenally talented Max said.

My Favourite piece of Max recorded playing is the track Partial Eclipse from the album Another Sleeper with Guitarist Robert Awai.

Andy