closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 312 of 361 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,600 of 18021

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    If anyone is wanting to upgrade their bike clothing armour to Level 2 soft armour have a gander over on Sales Corner.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...43#post6228743
    Did the same thing with the same result, Steve.

Well, today I managed my longest ride since becoming ill at the beginning of February; 55 miles out to Epping on a lovely B-road route that I carved out for myself last year. It's my favourite local route, in fact. What can i say about this bike, save that it really is a wonderful machine. I'm so happy my hand was forced, because this will be the bike I see out my riding days with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    When you think you've seen it all

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175771713621
    Similar in concept of the Quasar from the late 70s

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post

Nah, more like the BMW C125!

The quasar was a proper feet forward bike.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post

It is the b*stard child of a scooter married to an RT and drenched in fluorescent paint.
    Burn it, burn it with pitchforks.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, today I managed my longest ride since becoming ill at the beginning of February; 55 miles out to Epping on a lovely B-road route that I carved out for myself last year. It's my favourite local route, in fact. What can i say about this bike, save that it really is a wonderful machine. I'm so happy my hand was forced, because this will be the bike I see out my riding days with.

Collecting my new (to me) 120 next week, cannot wait. Absolutely stunning bikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Going away for a fortnight, so I took both bikes out for a run today.

Great plate!

Great plate! A couple of mine....

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master

In no way top heavy. I imagine it handles like a hippogriff.

Master

One for the Polite high-vis wearing w**kers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Random thoughts...

That Thruxton has to be one of the best looking bikes ever.

Freddie has sold me on visiting Suffolk.

I still cant work out how his spark plugs on his Bonnie ejected themselves.

A good summary on the bike.

What would he do without Monica?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Random thoughts...

That Thruxton has to be one of the best looking bikes ever.

Freddie has sold me on visiting Suffolk.

I still cant work out how his spark plugs on his Bonnie ejected themselves.

A good summary on the bike.

What would he do without Monica?

]
    Re his spark plugs , he has had issues before with them. Some numpty probably over tightened them and or couldn’t work out which way to unscrew them. Old British and Jap bikes are often Helicoiled due to previous owner’s mistakes.

Freddie's is my favourite bike-related YouTube channel by some margin. Particularly good vlog, where he wraps up his time with the Thruxton, and yes - a motorbike as an art form indeed (adored mine, but needed something a little more practical for trips).

Master
    Freddie's is my favourite bike-related YouTube channel by some margin. Particularly good vlog, where he wraps up his time with the Thruxton, and yes - a motorbike as an art form indeed (adored mine, but needed something a little more practical for trips).

]
    Agreed re Freddie Dobbs, he has no edge and is easy on the ear. If I had a criticism its that he “ likes everything “ its rare he dismisses a product. He absolutely loves the latest period revivals from Enfield and BSA.

Master
    The postman arrived with an Akro today
    Akro by biglewie, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    One for the Polite high-vis wearing w**kers.
    Saw one today here in Ireland. Pointless as the Gardai don't wear checkerboard tops, just hivis and they are Gardai not polite/police. So fecking pointless and I made the twat wait

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good meet tonight if you live in the area, I was at a great Bibury meet last night as well.

Bucks British & Classic
    Motorcycle Club

Shiny Bike night 2023 is at The Plough at Cadsden HP27 0NB

Wednesday June 21st

Shiny Bike Night 2022 pictures here

We meet at The Plough at Cadsden Nr. Princes Risborough Bucks HP27 0NB every Wednesday evening.

The club originated in 1989 from the remains of a local Triumph owners club. We've met at 5 different pubs since then but have been in residence at the Plough at Cadsden since 2001.

I had a bimble this morning, mostly around the north east of the county (roads good enough for anything faster are few and far between!)

Last edited by Stanford; 21st June 2023 at 20:49. Reason: "the county" is Kent

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    The postman arrived with an Akro today
    Akro by biglewie, on Flickr
    Really liking that.

Master
    took my T120 out for a bimble/test drive,been having a recurring missfire since the rebuild last year.finally cured it by binning the boyer bransden electronic ignition system and going back to good old fashioned points and condensers.i had forgotten what a faff setting up two sets of points and making them both match up with the strobe is.hadnt done it for 20 years so took me a bit longer than it should but i got there runs lovely now dosent miss a beat....
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 22nd June 2023 at 08:14.

Craftsman
    Still got points on my old GS1000 and won't be modernising for the same reasons you have found. Procedure for set up is well explained in the manual and was almost a pleasure to tweak in. Didn't bother with dwell though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    Still got points on my old GS1000 and won't be modernising for the same reasons you have found. Procedure for set up is well explained in the manual and was almost a pleasure to tweak in. Didn't bother with dwell though!
    i remember those suzukis back in the day,nearly bought one once,nice bike,user friendly.on the triumph both cylinders are timed separately but both have to match the same timing mark when strobe seting the timing.great fun..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 22nd June 2023 at 09:11.

Master
    Me as a 20 year old having not long passed my test 1982 later swapped it for a newer GS850G

Last edited by Enoch; 22nd June 2023 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Me as a 20 year old having not long passed my test 1982 later swapped it for a newer GS850G

They’re still one of the best looking bikes Suzuki ever built, from the 550 right up to the 1000. I nearly bought one so many times!

My first bike after my test was a GS850G. Good times

Master
    Enoch the photo of the 850 is outside Classic Bikes / Tom and Will Swinnertons business. I bought my KH250 from them. All of their bikes are beautifully turned out. They import rebuild and resell Kawa Z900’s from £15-£24k.

http://www.classicbikes.co.uk/

Master
    Here’s a pic of me with my GS850 at the birmingham bike show… probably 1983.. still wearing the same sidi boots but a new AGV helmet.

Craftsman
    Is that a good old Alpha 4-1?
    Just a piece of pipe, but what a sound on the GS and GSX motors.

Master
    Is that a good old Alpha 4-1?
    Just a piece of pipe, but what a sound on the GS and GSX motors.
    Certainly was.. no baffles either.🤪🤪

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    What an unique opportunity. That is really something!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Good meet tonight if you live in the area, I was at a great Bibury meet last night as well.

Bucks British & Classic
    Motorcycle Club

Shiny Bike night 2023 is at The Plough at Cadsden HP27 0NB

Wednesday June 21st

Shiny Bike Night 2022 pictures here

We meet at The Plough at Cadsden Nr. Princes Risborough Bucks HP27 0NB every Wednesday evening.

The club originated in 1989 from the remains of a local Triumph owners club. We've met at 5 different pubs since then but have been in residence at the Plough at Cadsden since 2001.

Fantastic venue,great ride,great pub and grub.

But best of all bikes I dreamed of as a kid.

Brace of H1 Kawasakis
    Z1s
    Vetter Hurricane
    Broughs
    Old Dukes
    One offs and specials
    and much more,to much to take in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    took my T120 out for a bimble/test drive,been having a recurring missfire since the rebuild last year.finally cured it by binning the boyer bransden electronic ignition system and going back to good old fashioned points and condensers.i had forgotten what a faff setting up two sets of points and making them both match up with the strobe is.hadnt done it for 20 years so took me a bit longer than it should but i got there runs lovely now dosent miss a beat....

I love that one.

Master
    Was at the Raven Thursday night bike meet tonight and witnessed a proper police chase when an idiot came racing past the cafes at a totally inappropriate speed, closely followed by an unmarked police bike, with full blues and two's. Don’t know the outcome, but lots of folks are worried that if this sort of thing carries on, the authorities will put a stop to the weekly meet which would be a shame, as most folk ride sensibly and just enjoy the gathering..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Was at the Raven Thursday night bike meet tonight and witnessed a proper police chase when an idiot came racing past the cafes at a totally inappropriate speed, closely followed by an unmarked police bike, with full blues and two's. Don’t know the outcome, but lots of folks are worried that if this sort of thing carries on, the authorities will put a stop to the weekly meet which would be a shame, as most folk ride sensibly and just enjoy the gathering..

I hate those type of people.

Anyone who tries to out run a police motorcyclist is a fool.

Not sure where you had lunch but Harley’s in the pic behind you there is worse than awful. Wouldn’t recommend. Fairly decent coffee in Dada though.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not sure where you had lunch but Harley’s in the pic behind you there is worse than awful. Wouldn’t recommend. Fairly decent coffee in Dada though.
    I have actually eaten at Harley's and found it so-so. These days (but hopefully not for too long now) I can't risk eating when I'm out and about so it was just a coffee and some people watching.

I have actually eaten at Harley's and found it so-so. These days (but hopefully not for too long now) I can't risk eating when I'm out and about so it was just a coffee and some people watching.
    Took my mum because she heard Steve Allen talk about it on LBC one night and insisted. Boots meal deal would have been better but it is a nice high street.

Not the best images but now my Street Scrambler has Android Auto & Apple Carplay, just like an Africa Twin

I sort of understand the functionality, but why not strap your phone to the handlebars with Quad Lock, Sp-connect or similar? I’ve been really happy with my Sp-connect setup that has wireless charging and anti-vibration.

Master
    Brilliant few days in the Borders and Northumberland. Great weather, great roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I sort of understand the functionality, but why not strap your phone to the handlebars with Quad Lock, Sp-connect or similar? I’ve been really happy with my Sp-connect setup that has wireless charging and anti-vibration.
    I think if Android Auto on the phone hadn't been deprecated I *might* have gone that route. My current phone is the first phone I've owned that's been waterproof and for which there's a quadlock case and there's no guarantee that future phones will.

Generally I find Android Auto convenient to use, and I'd rather have a £150 bit of electronics strapped to the handlebar and my £700 phone tucked away safely.

Damn and blast

I've just realised that I'm not going to be able to fit the Motone exhaust tips to my T120; if I do, there'll be no stop for the centre stand, use of which is non-negotiable.

It's looking like it's going to mean splashing out an the Remus end cans, which is annoying given the cost implications. I won't be able to live for very long with the peashooters, though.

I've just realised that I'm not going to be able to fit the Motone exhaust tips to my T120; if I do, there'll be no stop for the centre stand, use of which is non-negotiable.

It's looking like it's going to mean splashing out an the Remus end cans, which is annoying given the cost implications. I won't be able to live for very long with the peashooters, though.
    Not all peashooters are the same. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Not all peashooters are the same. ;-)

R
    Indeed, but I still don't like them. I think it's going to be Remus, Ralph... it's a look that I like and it does seem to be an option that comes well recommended.

Indeed, but I still don't like them. I think it's going to be Remus, Ralph... it's a look that I like and it does seem to be an option that comes well recommended.
    I'm a fan of Remus and have added them to a few of my bikes over the years.
    For me, the look of the Bonneville encapsulating the original styling won, although the false carbs took a bit to win me over though.
    From a sound point of view the OEM pea-shooters didn't do much for me, but the V&H plus a "de-cat" X pipe sounds so much better.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I think if Android Auto on the phone hadn't been deprecated I *might* have gone that route. My current phone is the first phone I've owned that's been waterproof and for which there's a quadlock case and there's no guarantee that future phones will.

Generally I find Android Auto convenient to use, and I'd rather have a £150 bit of electronics strapped to the handlebar and my £700 phone tucked away safely.
    That does make sense. I’m sporting a four-year-old phone with battery life that couldn’t handle a half a day’s ride without charging.

I'm a fan of Remus and have added them to a few of my bikes over the years.
    For me, the look of the Bonneville encapsulating the original styling won, although the false carbs took a bit to win me over though.

From a sound point of view the OEM pea-shooters didn't do much for me, but the V&H plus a "de-cat" X pipe sounds so much better.

R
    Yes the sound in stock form is a bit tame.I’m pretty sure you can’t decat the Euro 5 bikes because the cat’s welded on.

Yes the sound in stock form is a bit tame.I’m pretty sure you can’t decat the Euro 5 bikes because the cat’s welded on.
    That's a bummer.

Is it a Euro 5 stipulation that cats are now welded on?

R

That's a bummer.

R
    I’m not sure, tbh.

Master
    That's a bummer.

R
    No, it must depend on the model my EU5 Speedmaster has non welded pipes to the cat.👍