closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 93 of 357 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,650 of 17824

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    you would have to be going at a hell of a rate using the upper 5/6th rev ranges :P , most ppl ive spoken to regarding the 1290r dont even bother using 6th gear - nice bikes thou i would not mind one myself.
    Which made it impossible for the dealer to assess. Didn’t happen on a dyno, only with the wind resistance there too.

I did buy some stronger clutch springs but the bike got nicked from my garage and thrown in the local pond before I could fit them :(

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Clutch slip normally happens at peak torque revs not at the top of the rev range. Had a 9r that was a pain for this.
    From memory the 1290 torque tops out between 8000 and 9000 rpm so potentially well into 5th/6th gear territory (at a fair lick).

Master
    First road bike

Then traded that for my BMW R9T which I've still got

Then I bought something for touring (which I've still got)

From my teenage years
    Last edited by I a n; 2nd April 2020 at 11:18.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I wish

About time you posted a photo on here, isn't it?
    I had posted a photo of the Corgi. Here’s a few of my CB750.

The bike supposedly responsible for changing the British bike industry for ever.

It might have to go though, as I am looking for a 650 Africa Twin RD03 (the HRC one). I mention this just in case anyone has one they might want to part with.
    Last edited by hhhh; 2nd April 2020 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    From memory the 1290 torque tops out between 8000 and 9000 rpm so potentially well into 5th/6th gear territory (at a fair lick).
    That’s a peaky engine! Clutch slip that close to the redline must be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post

It might have to go though, as I am looking for a 650 Africa Twin RD03 (the HRC one). I mention this just in case anyone has one they might want to part with.
    Lovely, Howard. Surprised at this, though... not massively powerful and a very different style of bike.

Lovely, Howard. Surprised at this, though... not massively powerful and a very different style of bike.
    That is all true, but the RD03 is still a special bike.

I could end up keeping both, if I can convince my wife that I have always had the Africa Twin too.

That’s what I do when I get another watch, although this will be more of a challenge as it might hoof her car out of the garage.

That is all true, but the RD03 is still a special bike.

I could end up keeping both, if I can convince my wife that I have always had the Africa Twin too.

That’s what I do when I get another watch, although this will be more of a challenge as it might hoof her car out of the garage.
    I'd say your chances are somewhat less than zero

Master
    Quick shifter for the Ducati has arrived, which will give me something to get my teeth into..Looks a quality piece of kit, and the reviews are excellent.

It was a toss up between this and the Healtech system, this was a bit more expensive, but it’s British made, and all the info said that healtech was good, once it’s set up, where the translogic works straight out of the box...

Either way it’ll be a few weeks before I find out for certain.

The other thing I’m going to tackle, is to see if I can make a decent looking tail tidy and get rid of the lump of metal that holds the current number plate and indicators.

I’d see a bike on youtube where the owner had fitted a panigale bracket and thought it looked pretty good, so I got this off eBay and I’m going to try the same

Also I might attempt to recover my seats in alcantara... I have some left over from a job I did on the car and I think it’ll look great on the bike..

Master
    Are any of the bikers using their bikes to go buy essential food items and riding the long way round ?

I’m so tempted at the moment to visit a supermarket 50 miles away.. can someone talk me out of it.

I got some snazzy new pannier that haven’t been used on the road yet .. Waitrose car park off roading.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Are any of the bikers using their bikes to go buy essential food items and riding the long way round ?

I’m so tempted at the moment to visit a supermarket 50 miles away.. can someone talk me out of it.

I got some snazzy new pannier that haven’t been used on the road yet .. Waitrose car park off roading.
    Yes, I am - at least when we need stuff that will fit in my backpack, and that can't wait for a full shop. I take a twisty route to the local Tesco Express, which these days tends to be pretty much empty.

Master
    Yes, I am - at least when we need stuff that will fit in my backpack, and that can't wait for a full shop. I take a twisty route to the local Tesco Express, which these days tends to be pretty much empty.
    So jealous. My trip to the Westfjords riding off road and camping in July looking at risk too.

Think once we can travel I’m going to have to nip to Scotland for fish n chips

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Quick shifter for the Ducati has arrived, which will give me something to get my teeth into..Looks a quality piece of kit, and the reviews are excellent.

I’d see a bike on youtube where the owner had fitted a panigale bracket and thought it looked pretty good, so I got this off eBay and I’m going to try the same

That Panigale tail tidy is a 100% improvement, heaps better.
    Pics please when ready!

Also I might attempt to recover my seats in alcantara... I have some left over from a job I did on the car and I think it’ll look great on the bike..
    I did the seat on my Aprilia with alcantara.
    It looked beautiful, and the finish was spot on. Everything I'd hoped it would be.
    However, I found it to be a pain in the arse (literally!) when wet.
    It held water like a sponge, and made for a really soggy rear on a wet day!

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Avoided it so far as it feels the wrong choice in case of an off and the unwanted (and unneeded) outcome. Particularly as I have a car if needed for a food shop so it's not 'essential'. But I must admit as each day passes with the bike looking at me it is getting more tempting to take the bike and use the panniers.

More bike related stuff

Went on a 150 mile round trip yesterday to my nearest open Indian dealer to get the scout bobber’’s first service done - may be using it a lot depending on where the NHS redeploys me and want it as an option. Was my justification. The enjoyment of a 3 hour round trip on empty roads in sunshine was incidental ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    That Panigale tail tidy is a 100% improvement, heaps better.
    Pics please when ready!
    Just been having a quick look, it’s going to take a fair bit of fettling to get it how I want it, but I think it’s doable...

Luckily they’re quite cheap, so I bought 2, to give me a chance to muck it up...

I did the seat on my Aprilia with alcantara.
    It looked beautiful, and the finish was spot on. Everything I'd hoped it would be.
    However, I found it to be a pain in the arse (literally!) when wet.
    It held water like a sponge, and made for a really soggy rear on a wet day!
    Was it proper genuine Alcantara? It’s supposed to be 100% waterproof, which is why it gets used a lot on boats..

Master

Lovely! I reckon my CB1100 would look a bit better with a four into four system...

Master
    Spent a few enjoyable hours of lockdown time fitting an Innovv K2 camera system to my GS this week. A quick test (on a trip to Sainsbury's) and I'm impressed with it. Ease of use is high and the video quality is acceptable for what it is - an evidence camera and a useful tool for self-improvement of my riding.

Must admit the wi-fi download of video is pants though.

Was it proper genuine Alcantara? It’s supposed to be 100% waterproof, which is why it gets used a lot on boats..
    Yes, definiely alcantara Enoch, it WAS waterproof, in so far as it didn't let water get through to the foam underneath (although I'd put a thin pvc menbrane over the seat foam anyway) ... The alcantara I used held water, a bit sponge like, and the seat when wet couldn't simply be wiped dry with the back of your glove, like a vynil. The seat surface tended to ripple when saturated, but always dried out perfectly. It always looked good, and after 5 years of hard use showed no signs of wear.

Master
    I’ll probably cover the rear piece first and see how it goes👍

I’ll probably cover the rear piece first and see how it goes
    To give yourself an idea Enoch, why not just soak a small test piece?
    Should give you a pretty good idea if you'll have the same issues.
    It wasn't a deal breaker for me, because I'm a fair weather rider (don't mind riding in the wet...but won't go out if it's already raining ..lol )Must admit though, I loved the suede effect look.

Master
    Full day today on the quick shifter install.... it’s plug and play, but by eck them plugs ain’t easy to access...

I’m not used to working on a Ducati, so it’s a fairly steep learning curve. So far I’ve installed the main loom which connects to the 4 coils, the trouble is that unlike a straight 4 the coils are all over the place. Anyway it’s done, and it looks neat and tidy.

Tomorrow will be mounting the shift sensor, and the quick shift unit itself..

More bike related stuff

Nice work Enoch , wish I wasn’t so swamped with work so I could do some fettling.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Read this yesterday.
    Garner will be doing a 'runner'
    South Africa is my guess.

More bike related stuff

Read this yesterday.
    Surely he must be in custody by now??!!

Obvious thieving **** is obvious.
    Last edited by Plake; 4th April 2020 at 05:13.

Master
    Blog Entries
    How did he get away with it for so long?

He’s ruined a lot of people’s lives.

No ride outs but a good weekend to take the bikes out for a wash. Bikes in the sunshine pics to cheer us up!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Right then... who's been out on the bike today, for whatever reason?

Master
    Read this yesterday.
    £28 million, staggering.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    £28 million, staggering.

I read elsewhere that he robbed bits off customers bikes in for warranty work to fit on other bikes to sell among other things.

Master
    I read elsewhere that he robbed bits off customers bikes in for warranty work to fit on other bikes to sell among other things.
    That was featured in MCN a 6 month ish old bike went back to have some paint blemishes corrected. Then the factory closed , the poor owner recovered his bike sans wheels fairing tank, lights, it was a real mess.

Blog Entries
    How did he get away with it for so long?

He’s ruined a lot of people’s lives.
    Initially I liked the look of them, but although they had some nice looking bikes, I always thought they were vastly overpriced for what they were. Glad I felt that way now!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I’d still love to have one...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Dragged my old road (push) bike out of the shed, gave it some much needed TLC and then went for a cycle ride to pick up a few groceries.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Dragged my old road (push) bike out of the shed, gave it some much needed TLC and then went for a cycle ride to pick up a few groceries.
    I did the same, whilst I’m itching to go for a proper ride it doesn’t seem responsible.

Grand Master
    Same here, might give her a fire up on the drive just to get the fuel pumping and oils splashing
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I did the same, whilst I’m itching to go for a proper ride it doesn’t seem responsible.
    This..
    I think the NHS is under enough pressure as it is without bikers going the long way round to Tescos. It doesn't need to be your fault. Little old lady 'didn't see you're, mud on road as the farmers are full on right now....unnecessary work for NHS we need to be working together right now. That's the only way we'll win this.

Master
    Nope, not today. My last short rides - during this week - were 10 miles each way to the blood bike garage (on the CB) and a 10 mile round trip to Sainsbury's on the GS. Oh, and 120 miles on an F800GT blood bike.

Today, my idle thoughts have been focused on the CB turn signals...

Big, round and very orange. They are in keeping with the 70's styling but perhaps not the bikes best feature.

I'm contemplating the Rizoma I-ride, keeping the chrome but 35mm diameter instead of 70mm and white lenses instead of orange...

Oooh... it’s here!

Looks nice, going to be a heavy old thing though.

Master
    Oooh... it’s here!

That exhaust though.....yuk...

That exhaust though.....yuk...
    Not nice at all, nor are the engine casings or the massive 1800cc badge! Just trying to trump a Harley, not impressed.

Master
    There is literally nothing about that BMW I like...and this is a man who occasionally ponders a Harley Sportster or something like that...

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s a lovely machine and right colour scheme.

How long have you had her and did you renovate her yourself. Stunning it seems. Well done

Jim

The bike supposedly responsible for changing the British bike industry for ever.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    That’s a lovely machine and right colour scheme.

How long have you had her and did you renovate her yourself. Stunning it seems. Well done

Jim
    Thanks Jim.

A couple of better photos...

I’d love to be able to say it was a barn find that I’d completely restored, but that would be way beyond my skill-set unfortunately.

I’m alright at buying stuff though, and bought the bike in that condition. I’ve only had it since January, but have now got the hots for the original HRC Africa Twin.
    Last edited by hhhh; 4th April 2020 at 23:29.

Oooh... it’s here!

Tony, if you like that then I could put you in touch with the guy selling this Battistinis Lopez 1675.

£46k new, selling for £13k.

Oooh... it’s here!
    I've spent a lot of today on the configurator, both the UK one and the US one.

What I've decided is that I don't want the First Edition, as I don't want the chrome.

What I want is the base version plus premium package (hill start, adaptive headlight, headlight pro,reverse), heated grips, V&H slip-ons, pin striping, beachbars and black rocker and engine covers. But that currently requires the first package. Roll on 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I've spent a lot of today on the configurator, both the UK one and the US one.

What I've decided is that I don't want the First Edition, as I don't want the chrome.

What I want is the base version plus premium package (hill start, adaptive headlight, headlight pro,reverse), heated grips, V&H slip-ons, pin striping, beachbars and black rocker and engine covers. But that currently requires the first package. Roll on 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    There is literally nothing about that BMW I like...and this is a man who occasionally ponders a Harley Sportster or something like that...
    You’re not the only one. It looks like BMW tried to cram every bad design idea anyone ever had into one motorcycle.