TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 90 of 354 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Grand Master

More bike related stuff

Cant upload the video but its on my instagram feed and here

https://youtu.be/UeZqfL2IueE
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 23rd March 2020 at 17:53.
    RIAC

I can only see than in 440p max on YouTube.

Took a few shots whilst out bimbling, to show the fork protectors and headlight grill. Love the grill and quite like the fork protectors, although it remains to be seen how well they stand up to use...

Last edited by learningtofly; 23rd March 2020 at 20:42.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You guys getting out on your bikes in the U.K. are in for a real shock if the mainland Europe experience is anything to go by. Simply going for a ride, regardless of how harmless and self-isolating that may seem, would see some serious questions being asked by the Gendarmerie, fines levied and, in some, instances bikes confiscated.

Master
    I suspect that many of you are familiar with Allen Millyard and his amazing creations like the 5 cylinder KH the V10 viper engined bike, and the V12 Z2600

But I thought this worthy of attention... the guy is an engineering genius, and he does all of this from his garden shed..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    You guys getting out on your bikes in the U.K. are in for a real shock if the mainland Europe experience is anything to go by. Simply going for a ride, regardless of how harmless and self-isolating that may seem, would see some serious questions being asked by the Gendarmerie, fines levied and, in some, instances bikes confiscated.
    Why would we be in for a shock??

If a full lockdown comes, I suspect that 100% of the folk on this thread will comply...... so your comments are pretty stupid really..

I think these two were out social distancing at the weekend.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...nother-3973104

They did however get closer than 2M to each other, and paramedics, and a helicopter crew and an ambulance crew and various nursing staff and one has also got closer than 2M to the undertakers and their team. All of whom are desperately busy at the moment.

I'm sure that wasn't their intention when they went out, but them I doubt anyone goes out with the intention of having an accident.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Why would we be in for a shock??

If a full lockdown comes, I suspect that 100% of the folk on this thread will comply...... so your comments are pretty stupid really..
    Perhaps, do you think, advice to not undertake unnecessary journeys should have been adhered to in the first place? A bike ride hardly qualifies. Why wait for an enforced lockdown? So no, not a stupid comment. People should not be outside without valid cause. Wait for 8.30.
    Last edited by Skyman; 23rd March 2020 at 20:03.

I suspect that many of you are familiar with Allen Millyard and his amazing creations like the 5 cylinder KH the V10 viper engined bike, and the V12 Z2600

But I thought this worthy of attention... the guy is an engineering genius, and he does all of this from his garden shed..

the 6 cylinder bikes have amazing soundtracks, a friend of mine owned a cbx 1000 which had a 6-1 exhaust on it- it sounded like a formula 3 race car
    , not my friends old bike but the same bike with the same exhaust system >

Master
    Perhaps, do you think, advice to not undertake unnecessary journeys should have been adhered to in the first place? A bike ride hardly qualifies. Why wait for an enforced lockdown? So no, not a stupid comment. People should not be out in the first place. Wait for 8.30.
    There are plenty of other Coronavirus threads for your opinions, so Im not going to get drawn into any further discussion with you on this one and spoil my favourite TZ thread..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There are plenty of other Coronavirus threads for your opinions, so Im not going to get drawn into any further discussion with you on this one and spoil my favourite TZ thread..
    Fair enough. Enjoy the thread.....but please be kind enough to ride out responsibly.

Took this for a test today. Really liked it... not very fast but quick enough and really comfy. Anyone here got a Super-T?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the new 700? I dont suppose you took it off road?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Fair enough. Enjoy the thread.....but please be kind enough to ride out responsibly.
    I am going to chip in here as I went for only my second ride of the year on Saturday. Im lucky enough to live on the edge of the Peak District so went for a 1.5 hour ride out on a route I usually take if time is limited. On this route I do not stop and get off anywhere.

I am also a doctor in the NHS and before I left I weighed up the risks of an accident and my possible occupation of an ICU bed and ultimately concluded that the mitigation of all risk was pointless, especially as Ill soon be expected to drive in my car to work with no MOT when all the garages close this week.

However, out on my ride I saw countless families out for walks in big groups that had clearly come from different households and lots and lots of bikers pulled over in the usual haunts stood round drinking brews. I became more and more uneasy and was glad to get back, and when I did, I saw a picture of 20-odd bikes parked up at Matlock Bath on social media.

None of us want to give the impression that we are sticking two fingers up at joe public by acting like tw4ts, so if its just leisure riding rather than commuting because our only vehicle is a bike, then please consider putting the bike in the garage and polishing it for a few weeks until the coming crisis has abated.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I am going to chip in here as I went for only my second ride of the year on Saturday. Im lucky enough to live on the edge of the Peak District so went for a 1.5 hour ride out on a route I usually take if time is limited. On this route I do not stop and get off anywhere.

I am also a doctor in the NHS and before I left I weighed up the risks of an accident and my possible occupation of an ICU bed and ultimately concluded that the mitigation of all risk was pointless, especially as Ill soon be expected to drive in my car to work with no MOT when all the garages close this week.

However, out on my ride I saw countless families out for walks in big groups that had clearly come from different households and lots and lots of bikers pulled over in the usual haunts stood round drinking brews. I became more and more uneasy and was glad to get back, and when I did, I saw a picture of 20-odd bikes parked up at Matlock Bath on social media.

None of us want to give the impression that we are sticking two fingers up at joe public by acting like tw4ts, so if its just leisure riding rather than commuting because our only vehicle is a bike, then please consider putting the bike in the garage and polishing it for a few weeks until the coming crisis has abated.
    Very well put. Hopefully times will change.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    About to go out for a ride, but not before fitting a headlight grill and some neoprene fork covers (both from Unit Garage)...
    Were your forks cold?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Is that the new 700? I dont suppose you took it off road?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Its the 1200. No off road today although with the state of the roads it felt like it on some stretches

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Off the roads then. Welcome to the real world, on this thread or any other. Sorry to piss on the biker parade.

Off the roads then. Welcome to the real world, on this thread or any other. Sorry to piss on the biker parade.
    Actually Ive been volunteering delivering food parcels for those that cant get out... so Ill be back on the bike tomorrow.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    Actually Ive been volunteering delivering food parcels for those that cant get out... so Ill be back on the bike tomorrow.

Ergo you have good reason, as opposed to those swanning around

Master
    Sorry to piss on the biker parade.
    Seems it was the only reason you visited the thread, so mission accomplished👍

Master
    Ok, its official now, so we can we please get away from the standard TZ animosity and back to looking at nice photos of each others bikes?

Master
    Finished my garage sort out and reorg, both bikes tucked away. Just got to wash and polish the car now and then that can be covered and left on charge..

I created a charging station in the corner.. Optimates for the bikes, and battery charging for Milwaukee and Dewalt tools. Been wanting to do this for ages..

Both bikes on charge..

Finished my garage sort out and reorg, both bikes tucked away. Just got to wash and polish the car now and then that can be covered and left on charge..

Very tidy & spacious. Impressed.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

More bike related stuff

I am VERY jealous of your garage!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    So am I.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Cheers... its not a bad place to hang out... can always find something that needs fixing, fettling or tweaking to keep me out of trouble👍

Looks amazing Enoch! Coincidently started clearing mine (a tad smaller) out today to lay a new floor. Im turning it into a temporary gym for the duration, so the car is relegated to the drive.

Finished my garage sort out and reorg, both bikes tucked away. Just got to wash and polish the car now and then that can be covered and left on charge

I created a charging station in the corner.. Optimates for the bikes, and battery charging for Milwaukee and Dewalt tools. Been wanting to do this for ages..

Both bikes on charge..

See - my garage is meant to look like that - but it is full of gardening shit, snow-blower and zip-up scaffolding.

I need a clear-out. I had great plans for it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post

Took this for a test today. Really liked it... not very fast but quick enough and really comfy. Anyone here got a Super-T?

A couple of the lads on Ukgser have had them. People like them as long as you stay on the tarmac. I understand the way the weight is held up high makes them a handful off road. I would need a step ladder to get on and off one though👍

Master

RIP Tony Rutter

One of the greatest all time British riders from back in the day, and Michael Rutters dad sadly passed away today..

He had a pretty amazing career, just like his son.

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...tter-1941-2020

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    A couple of the lads on Ukgser have had them. People like them as long as you stay on the tarmac. I understand the way the weight is held up high makes them a handful off road. I would need a step ladder to get on and off one though👍
    The weight is very low actually. It felt much lighter than I expected... Ill be doing some gravel and piste on it for sure. But first I have to find the right example to buy...

Craftsman
    One of the greatest all time British riders from back in the day, and Michael Rutters dad sadly passed away today..

He had a pretty amazing career, just like his son.

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...tter-1941-2020
    Sad to hear of Tony Rutters passing. I saw him race many times at the TT and short circuits. His son Michael is also one of the great British riders and a keen supporter of all road racing.

Master
    Beautiful morning for a ride...

Just waiting for some samples - Stoke to Birmingham.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Now theres job satisfaction personified
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Brilliant.....we've bought quite a few of those.
    Keep up the good and highly respected work!!!!

Taken on a pre-lockdown ride with my son...

He wants to move on to a bigger bike now, so I guess he’ll be taking his A2 test once we’re all back to normal.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 26th March 2020 at 01:01.

Master
    A couple of my old bikes from back in the day

I will also will try and find some old pics of my Z650s and GPZ900 that I also owned a long time ago...

first up my 1992 ZZR1100... had a custom paint job and was around 145bhp with the loudest exhaust known to man...

I sold the ZZR for my first Triumph, a 1994 Tiger 900 which ended up being featured in Performance bike magazine readers special...
    It made around 110 bhp running sprint cams, carbs and ECU... it had daytona forks and wheels so that I could use decent tyres...

Thanks for sharing Enoch, used to read PB religiously back in the day.

Heres some mates and I on older Kwakas (and a ducati) somewhere in deepest France

Master
    Good days Matt👍👍

God, I love this bike!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Tony whats not to like, its individual, the colour is striking, the performance probably exceed 95% of us mortal riders. And...........its a real mule for custom bits as you are finding out. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony whats not to like, its individual, the colour is striking, the performance probably exceed 95% of us mortal riders. And...........its a real mule for custom bits as you are finding out. 
    Hah - a money pit, you mean! I do appreciate your consistently generous comments about it, though

Have to say Ive always been tempted by the R9T also...the masochist in me wants the Caf racer one

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Have to say Ive always been tempted by the R9T also...the masochist in me wants the Caf racer one

Same here, I sit on one every time I go to a Motorrad dealer, but at 6ft 2 the GSA is more my size

Master
    Does anyone know do the Boris volunteer army has roles that entail riding bikes?

Yesterday it was described as food runs and pestering old people on the phone and today it was described as moving dead people.

Anyone heard if they require someone to ferry blood/organs/ takeaway food around ?

Master
    My sisters friend sent her a pic of me sitting on my mates bike. I would have been around 20 at the time, so 1982 ish...

Can anyone guess the bike??

My sisters friend sent her a pic of me sitting on my mates bike. I would have been around 20 at the time, so 1982 ish...

Can anyone guess the bike??

I was thinking FZX750 but I don't think the clocks look right

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    No, I'm sticking with FZX

With something bungeed in the way of the clocks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Nope..... funnily enough the clocks are held on by a bungee, because the week before, the owner was hit from behind by his mate, and went down at about 20mph..

Turned out that his mate hadnt got a licence, or insurance so my mate ended up with his bike, which was a GPz 750 turbo..

They were both in the army serving in Germany when this happened..