closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Singapore Airlines flight from London

Singapore Airlines flight from London

Departed yesterday, encountered severe turbulence over the Bay of Bengal, one passenger died on board, diverted to Bangkok and another has sadly died in hospital.

Pics show the damage on board, plus a video of the incident where the plane apparently dropped 6000 feet in seconds.

Scary stuff and a reminder to keep your seatbelt fastened at all times and return to seat when requested to by the aircrew.

https://twitter.com/BanditOnYour6/st...8CZFP2p7g&s=19

https://twitter.com/plcdelmedionews/...bwZsNgqgQ&s=19
    Last edited by ryanb741; Today at 13:34.

Posted this on the other thread.

SQ321 currently in the news had a significant drop in height between 0807 and 0809 hrs UTC.

Very sad there was a loss of life.

Grand Master
    Whilst learning to fly in Florida many years ago I hit the roof in the C150 in turbulence.

Never understand why people want to remove their seatbelt.

Total ignorance or understanding of the possible injuries if removed.Perhaps it should be made policy to always keep fastened at all times,but I guess the crew would get tired of asking over and over again.

Blog Entries
    Crossing the Atlantic can be 'interesting'. After a 'roller coaster ride' in 2010, I've decided to keep my seat belt on, even when the 'fasten seatbelts' lights go out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Whilst learning to fly in Florida many years ago I hit the roof in the C150 in turbulence.

Never understand why people want to remove their seatbelt.

Total ignorance or understanding of the possible injuries if removed.Perhaps it should be made policy to always keep fastened at all times,but I guess the crew would get tired of asking over and over again.
    Wouldn't really work as folk need to go to the toilet or move around on long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Crossing the Atlantic can be 'interesting'. After a 'roller coaster ride' in 2010, I've decided to keep my seat belt on, even when the 'fasten seatbelts' lights go out.
    Me too. But the fat bloke that bounces off the ceiling onto my head is a risk I cannot manage.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Of course the reports that the casualty hit the ceiling sound fairly unconvincing; that he fell heavily from mid-air to the floor or a seat corner would be more logical.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Of course the reports that the casualty hit the ceiling sound fairly unconvincing; that he fell heavily from mid-air to the floor or a seat corner would be more logical.
    Heart attack apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Heart attack apparently.
    Not sure how my heart would survive with that drop in 3 minutes. That with my quick calculations is about 60m a second assuming a flat descent rate.

Hyperia at Thorpe Park is getting attention for 15s of airtime. My stomach struggles with that, let alone something like this. On a plane when your stomach goes on a slight drop, I have no context as to what level of altitude loss causes that, but sustained like that, Jesus.

Very sad for the families and their losses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Wouldn't really work as folk need to go to the toilet or move around on long haul.
    It wouldn't work one hundred percent true, but each individual passenger would only be on their feet or in the loo for a very small proportion of a long haul flight. In an event like its likely that no more than a handful would be 'untethered' at that exact time.