timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 224 of 357 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,200 of 17848

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Drove over the Gt St Bernards pass yesterday from Switzerland  into Italy . I reckon easily 80% of the bikes I saw were GS's in one form or another. How I wished I was on the bike!

Why,its boring,common and dull?

Be yourself ride what YOU like,you dont need a touring bike to tour.

I would cut across to Acosta ride some of the valley tracks only locals go,then come back over the Val d'Isere which last time I was on it was sublime.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    So I have a Yam Tracer 700 as my first proper bike, and I want to replace the exhaust but I just decide which one for. :)

The main thing I want is removable baffles that can be easily re-installed. I sometimes have to leave early for work and whilst my neighbours are used to my noisy car, they might draw the line at a noisy bike.

I'd love the Akra as it sits so neatly underneath, but re-fitting the baffle could get boring quickly. The other one I like is the Ixil Hyperlow as re-fitting the baffles looks a doddle.

Any other recommendations for a system with baffles that can be easily refitted?

Akra is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Why,its boring,common and dull?

Be yourself ride what YOU like,you dont need a touring bike to tour.

I would cut across to Acosta ride some of the valley tracks only locals go,then come back over the Val d'Isere which last time I was on it was sublime.
    Nice one Bwest, I was driving a Van. Maybe read the post.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I thought he was talking about the GS!
    ....bit rude.....

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Why,it’s boring,common and dull?

Be yourself ride what YOU like,you don’t need a touring bike to tour.

Why is it Boring?? Because other people do it. Its a great road with amazing views and an international group of bikers with one common theme.

I assume you meant the Aosta Valley. Nice roads too but not as spectacular as the Great or even the Little St Bernards pass.

Why wouldn't you do it?? To feel special?? Try the SudSchwarzwald if you want some amazing roads but everyone should try the passes on their bikes.

Master
    Blog Entries

I have heard others say drive instead of ride,you can still have sone fun in a van.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why is it Boring?? Because other people do it. Its a great road with amazing views and an international group of bikers with one common = theme.

I assume you meant the Aosta Valley. Nice roads too but not as spectacular as the Great or even the Little St Bernards pass.

Why wouldn't you do it?? To feel special?? Try the SudSchwarzwald if you want some amazing roads but everyone should try the passes on their bikes.
    The GS not the road Ive done it.

there seems to be a track around Europe brits do and dont deviate.

I go other places if I can.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Interesting F9 this week. I'm now going to lean the wrong way on corners...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Giles ( photographer excellence for blurred shots) has been banging on about this for ages. Hence his mantra to go out and ride with just one hand on the bars. He’s convinced we stiffen up our arms and defeat the bikes natural tendency to turn in.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Giles ( photographer excellence for blurred shots) has been banging on about this for ages. Hence his mantra to go out and ride with just one hand on the bars. He’s convinced we stiffen up our arms and defeat the bikes natural tendency to turn in.
    I've been deliberately practicing one-handed riding (and particularly turning) for a while now; it's always been part of the advanced riding courses that Motojitsu runs, and I think I'm right in saying that he requires his "students" to be able to U-turn one-handed in both directions - with a pillion - in order to advance beyond certain levels. Anyway, it's quite interesting, and one thing I've found is that countersteering becomes less instinctive than when both hands are on the bars. I don't know why that should be but - for me, at least - it seems to be the case.

riding one handed is great until you get a tank slapper , if you have 2 hands then the only time you should not be using them both is if you are riding in a circus or scratching your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    riding one handed is great until you get a tank slapper , if you have 2 hands then the only time you should not be using them both is if you are riding in a circus or scratching your arse.
    LOLZ

Why is it Boring?? Because other people do it. Its a great road with amazing views and an international group of bikers with one common theme.

Might try a version of that this afternoon.

Pics when you can of your trip Hooky!

My pic of the old border crossing between Italy and France on the Little St Bernards pass....

Master

Back in the game

Well folks its almost 5 months since I suffered stage 4 heart failure, and since Ive ridden a bike..

No need to go into details here, but the heart failure on top of my haemophilia has been a pretty rough time. Theres been plenty of tears, and at stages I just wanted to give up and go to sleep never to wake up.

But today, I managed my first short ride, and boy did I enjoy it. 2 good mates acted as wing men and helped me get on and off the bike, Im still not fully mobile and need a stick to walk.. I also feel very weak and frail having dropped from 72kg to 56kg.

Hopefully I can get some weight back on and slowly get stronger, but at least I now know I can go for a ride, and what a boost that is..

My bike gear is hanging off me, but that just gives me the incentive to get better so it fits properly again

Need a boost.. go for a ride👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Well folks its almost 5 months since I suffered stage 4 heart failure, and since Ive ridden a bike..

No need to go into details here, but the heart failure on top of my haemophilia has been a pretty rough time. Theres been plenty of tears, and at stages I just wanted to give up and go to sleep never to wake up.

But today, I managed my first short ride, and boy did I enjoy it. 2 good mates acted as wing men and helped me get on and off the bike, Im still not fully mobile and need a stick to walk.. I also feel very weak and frail having dropped from 72kg to 56kg.

Hopefully I can get some weight back on and slowly get stronger, but at least I now know I can go for a ride, and what a boost that is..

My bike gear is hanging off me, but that just gives me the incentive to get better so it fits properly again

I had missed your posts and was wondering how you were getting on. Great to see you out and about.
    Good luck with your continued recovery :)

Great to hear!

Remember too, that theres no shame in riding a small bike if the big ones are too much for you.

As long as youre still on two wheels, thats all that matters!

Need a boost.. go for a ride
    Glad to hear you are up and about (and back on the bike).
    Wishing you a speedy return to fitness.

onwards and upwards !
    Glad youre making progress

Looking good Enoch, and what a bike to get back onto! Glad you're back on two wheels. Suits you sir!

Master
    Great to see you back on the bike and posting on here. Onwards and upwards!

Great to hear Enoch making the first steps back to getting back on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've been deliberately practicing one-handed riding (and particularly turning) for a while now; it's always been part of the advanced riding courses that Motojitsu runs, and I think I'm right in saying that he requires his "students" to be able to U-turn one-handed in both directions - with a pillion - in order to advance beyond certain levels. Anyway, it's quite interesting, and one thing I've found is that countersteering becomes less instinctive than when both hands are on the bars. I don't know why that should be but - for me, at least - it seems to be the case.
    Back in the day, I had a schoolmate who owned a gleaming black Honda CB160. He met a "seasoned" rider who told him the greatest test of riding skill was to "cross hands" on the bars and ride with your left hand on the right bar and right hand on left bar. My mate announced that "we" would try it on the way home that night. I followed on my mighty Honda C110 but, thankfully maintained a conventional grip on my bars. My mate mounted the curb, scattering a group of mates at the bus stop, hit a garden wall and catapulted into their front garden. I certainly stopped laughing by the following week but it was The Seventies!
    I just ride!

Good to hear/see that you're making progress,
    Keep it up
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.👍

Great news. I was only thinking over the last few days that we'd not heard from you.

Glad to hear you're on the mend

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.
    Lovely to see you both out on the bike again and posting!

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.
    Good to hear from you, was only thinking the other day hadn't seen you on here for a while. Take it easy, a bit at a time, if you need to put on a few pounds I have some spare.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Thanks guys.

The Speedmaster is the perfect choice for me to get out on, nice n low, easy to ride, and I could put my fold up walking sticks in the panniers.👍
    Well done sir! Had no idea you were suffering so much grief but glad to see youre taking the bull by the horns and getting back into what you love. All good wishes, blue skies and happy riding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Bought a new helmet a month or so ago.

An Icon Airflite.

Out on my first proper ride with it.

Looks amazing..... loudest thing on earth.

I'm basically inside a jet engine.

Terrible purchase.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Master
    Great news Enoch, and great to hear from you again!
    Heres to a speedy continued recovery

Good luck Enoch.
    Here’s to a speedy continued recovery and weight gains.

Good to see you back Enoch.
    Hope the full recovery goes well!

Nice one Enoch!

Need a boost.. go for a ride

Post of the year, so no apologies for the full quote, made my day seeing you back up and at 'em!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Post of the year, so no apologies for the full quote, made my day seeing you back up and at 'em!
    Missed this until you quoted it.

Amazing Enoch!

Keep riding

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Heyup Enoch, thats terrific news mate, Im sure well catch up at Rhug or Bala soon, looking forward to it

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks everyone👍 Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.😎

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable🏍🏍

Master
    Thanks everyone👍 Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.😎

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable🏍🏍
    I was at the raven today!

First time I've been. Some great bikes about.

Hit a pheasant on the m53 on the way home while in the outside lane. No idea how I'm still alive.

Bruised stomach and ribs as well as a mess on my jacket and bike.

Can't complain though as still moving

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I was at the raven today!

First time I've been. Some great bikes about.

Hit a pheasant on the m53 on the way home while in the outside lane. No idea how I'm still alive.

Bruised stomach and ribs as well as a mess on my jacket and bike.

Can't complain though as still moving

Sheeeeeeeyiittt. Bad luck! As you say, could be a lot worse. Hows the bike?

Great to hear you are back on the bike Enoch! Best wishes.

Master
    It didn't hit the bike.

Hit me straight in the ribs under my arm and went across my lap. It was on the floor in the middle lane and flew out the way of a car a couple of car lengths ahead of me to my left.

I was moving at 90 leptons

Felt like I had been hit with a bodyshot from a heavyweight.

Winded me and I pulled into the slow lane. A few cars pulled along side me to give me the thumbs up and see if I was OK.

I stopped when I got to the mersey tunnel and checked I was alive

If it had hit my bars, hand or helmet I doubt I would be here now.

Good to see youre back riding Enoch and hope you continue to recover.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Took the exhaust baffles out of the CCM before having a ride Friday evening. Just too loud, so theyre back in.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Great to hear you're back on the bike Enoch and that you've got some good mates helping you. Move in with me for a few weeks and you'll be wearing a 38" waist in no time!

Craftsman
    Glad to hear you're recovering. I've not met you in real life, but I wish you the best Enoch.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Great post Enoch, glad you are back out and about.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone Cant beat the support you get from the biking community.

I went to the Raven (local bike meet) last Thursday albeit in the car, the fuss folk made was a real confidence booster. Bikers I only know in passing, buying me cups of tea and cake. The generosity and kindness shown to me was unbelievable

Great news,sounds like they where helping you to build up your strength with the cakes.

Maybe see you on the road one day.

Master
    Thanks guys.

Andrew leave the Trumpet in the garage and get yourself a KTM Rc390. With your newfound lightweight physique you will be like Max Biaggi on those N Wales roads. Only issue is you will have to wait for your wingmen to catch up.

Great to see you out and about, keep eating the cakes and enjoying the miles.

Steve

Pics when you can of your trip Hooky!
    Unfortunately the weather has been rubbish - torrential rain - so it will have a to wait a few days.

Good to see you back in the saddle Enoch.