closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 30 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 17848

Thread: More bike related stuff

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    No, it was the new SPEED Twin that I tested, and I said that it's MORE upright than the Thruxton. Have you got your glasses on?
    Thats what I meant! No glasses today as still in bed. Theres a model launch night on Thursday if you fancy it, Ill probably goto Reading

https://motorbikewriter.com/triumph-...mans-thruxton/
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Thats what I meant! No glasses today as still in bed. Theres a model launch night on Thursday if you fancy it, Ill probably goto Reading
    Ah, got you. Yes, I'm going to the launch in Hemel

Just loving The TTR now I’ve tweaked it and did the decat yesterday.

Lovely bike.
    But, the levers look wrong, they need to be aluminium coloured
    The race plate on the side looks wrong too (wrong colour, and if you DO want race plates, you need the full set?)
    The urine filled headlight effect...not a good look on any bike.
    But that's just me being a really really picky and fussy cnut.
    The exhaust decat gets you a whole load of bonus points.
    Is the fueling still ok? Having done it, I think you could maybe pick up some extra hp's & torques with an ecu reflash?
    Jood job.

I really appreciate that, and yes - the audio quality seemed okay (I bought a Drift external mic, actually) even if the video itself needed some refinement. I also need to focus my rambling a bit more, as you say.

As a matter of fact, I've just slightly edited/enhanced the original footage and the new/replacement video should be uploaded in a few minutes. I'll post here when it's live, and if you get an opportunity to have a look I'd appreciate your views.
    Well, the (slightly better) new version is up now - the video quality s still poor but I've cut a few bits out, added something at the beginning and end and stabilised it a bit.

Lots of work to do to improve things, but any early opinions - good or bad - would be appreciated.

Well, the (slightly better) new version is up now - the video quality s still poor but I've cut a few bits out, added something at the beginning and end and stabilised it a bit.

Lots of work to do to improve things, but any early opinions - good or bad - would be appreciated.
    Hi Tony, certainly better with a little editing and a proper start and finish. I would suggest having a play with different camera positions during the same ride (or at least within the same video) and editing in changes of viewpoint afterwards (cutaways etc) whilst retaining the audio if you're giving a commentary.

Have a peep at this for some examples (some work some don't). I had a Gopro about 7 years ago, this is all filmed on a single camera on the same morning drive (I no longer have the camera or the car.....and after seeing myself on video I'm now 2 stone lighter too );

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MoEJSf05Qc

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Hi Tony, certainly better with a little editing and a proper start and finish. I would suggest having a play with different camera positions during the same ride (or at least within the same video) and editing in changes of viewpoint afterwards (cutaways etc) whilst retaining the audio if you're giving a commentary.

Have a peep at this for some examples (some work some don't). I had a Gopro about 7 years ago, this is all filmed on a single camera on the same morning drive (I no longer have the camera or the car.....and after seeing myself on video I'm now 2 stone lighter too );

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MoEJSf05Qc
    Well, a quick glance puts that in a different league, Mark. Will watch the whole thing later as I'm about to run out the door, although I would mention that my Ion camera doesn't have all the mounting options of a GoPro. It's something that I'll have to look into, though.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Lovely bike.
    But, the levers look wrong, they need to be aluminium coloured
    The race plate on the side looks wrong too (wrong colour, and if you DO want race plates, you need the full set?)
    The urine filled headlight effect...not a good look on any bike.
    But that's just me being a really really picky and fussy cnut.
    The exhaust decat gets you a whole load of bonus points.
    Is the fueling still ok? Having done it, I think you could maybe pick up some extra hp's & torques with an ecu reflash?
    Jood job.
    Feel free to show us some of your wonderful creations and thank you for your opinion
    RIAC

I think that as long as you treat it as a means to gain exerience of the equipment and software and to ultimately be a resource in case of an incident, fair enough.

However, and I hope what I'm going to say will be taken as positive encouragement (it certainly isn't meant to be critical) but I'm generally not interested in ride videos that are longer than a few minutes, particularly as most don't include any interesting incidents/encounters; the exception to this are some in-depth reviews of bikes by knowledgeable riders and onboard videos of outstanding rides of the likes of the Pikes Peak hill climb (like this)
    Last edited by Stanford; 20th February 2019 at 17:29.

Grand Master
    Have we got a link to the video?
    RIAC

Have we got a link to the video?
    Yes, but I warn you that it's not very good. YouTube have compressed it a lot, and I was rambling!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Thats not too bad at all imo. I’ve watched it on my phone and it looks fine, maybe on a large tv it may be different, what is the actual url or link to youtube? I was expecting a horrid blurred pixelated vid but it seems ok tbh.

Anyways my S1000RR went today and I pick up my Striple RS tomoz if the weather is ok. I wont go and get it if its raining, even though I cant wait for a blast on it.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It's getting 16 o degrees this weekend, so it's time to get the battery in the bike and fire up that crotch rocket! The season has started!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Thats not too bad at all imo. I’ve watched it on my phone and it looks fine, maybe on a large tv it may be different, what is the actual url or link to youtube? I was expecting a horrid blurred pixelated vid but it seems ok tbh.

Anyways my S1000RR went today and I pick up my Striple RS tomoz if the weather is ok. I wont go and get it if its raining, even though I cant wait for a blast on it.

Stuart

Thanks a lot, Stuart (and I agree that the quality is okay on a phone). The channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdO..._as=subscriber.

You must be VERY excited - fingers crossed for a nice day.

Feel free to show us some of your wonderful creations and thank you for your opinion
    Can't remember saying mine were wonderful?
    Post 434.
    Have at it.

Yeah it does suffer a bit on a 55” 4k tv. However it is absolutely perfectly watchable, I would suggest trying to make some sort of lens shade for it to limit the lens flare. Some simple cardboard shade may improve the overall quality perhaps. You can see in parts without lens flare the picture improves considerably.

If the weather is dry tomoz i’ll flirt and pick me new bike up, if not maybe wait till friday. I cant use it this weekend anyways as i’m filming all weekend. I am looking forward to having a good ride into Wales in a few weeks when the weather warms up though. Will deffo be more comfortable than the BMW.

Stuart

This is another bike I'm liking a lot (the 1100cc Sport)...

They look real nice dont they. However, where your striple is easy to ride in slowish traffic a big v twin isnt. They are lumpy and snatch at low revs, once above 50 ish they are fine though. At least thats my experience with my Diavel.

Stuart

They look real nice dont they. However, where your striple is easy to ride in slowish traffic a big v twin isnt. They are lumpy and snatch at low revs, once above 50 ish they are fine though. At least thats my experience with my Diavel.

Stuart

Yes, I'm sure you're right. I tested the new 1200cc Speed Twin a couple of days ago, though, and it made me realise that there's definitely justification for having at least a couple of bikes for different requirements

(As an aside, it felt pretty smooth in traffic, at least for the relatively short while I was on it.)

Is the speed twin a parallel twin though, not a v?? Maybe thats why it could be smoother who knows.

Stuart

Is the speed twin a parallel twin though, not a v?? Maybe thats why it could be smoother who knows.

Stuart
    Yes it is, Stuart. Lovely bike, actually, but I don't think I could ever give up my Triple for one - I'm far too used to the power delivery and instant responsiveness now.

Yes it is, Stuart. Lovely bike, actually, but I don't think I could ever give up my Triple for one - I'm far too used to the power delivery and instant responsiveness now.
    Prediction time: Within a year - you will have discovered that motorcycle collecting, requires a lot more space..... than watches.

You will also have found out that you dont have enough watches - to wear one on each of your bike gloves

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Prediction time: Within a year - you will have discovered that motorcycle collecting, requires a lot more space..... than watches.

You will also have found out that you dont have enough watches - to wear one on each of your bike gloves

This is another bike I'm liking a lot (the 1100cc Sport)...

Just my 2p....although the bigger Scramblers do look nice, I can't help but think that they lose a little of their reason for being in the power-to-weight department. A bit like the new Triumph 'Scramblers', the bikes that they are aping were 400-600cc not twice that??

I do find myself constantly looking at this one though ......

Master
    I'm a big admirer of the Scrambler 1100, but I think if (when?) I add a "modern classic" to share garage space with my F750GS, I think I would have a good look at the Z900RS first...

My logic is this... the F750GS is a bike bought with the head, but the "modern classic" would be bought with the heart. I'm still working on my delivery of this line...

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I'm a big admirer of the Scrambler 1100, but I think if (when?) I add a "modern classic" to share garage space with my F750GS, I think I would have a good look at the Z900RS first...

My logic is this... the F750GS is a bike bought with the head, but the "modern classic" would be bought with the heart. I'm still working on my delivery of this line...
    I was really looking forward to trying the Z900RS but after visiting the bike show in 2017 I was left somewhat disappointed.

I thought the same would be true with the new Suzuki Katana at the 2018 show but couldn’t have been more wrong.

It’s on the list for when the kids stop spending everything I earn!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 21st February 2019 at 17:42.

Nah, the original Katana`s are the only true Katanas....

I had 550, 650 and 1100.
    The 550 was so fast it made my face melt;

At the moment i have an inline 4 and two V`s (and one 110cc single but that doesn`t count).
    I`m in the process of negotiating for a 800cc single.

Variety.....
    Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 26th February 2019 at 20:20.

You’re right of course but I feel I need something newer than thirty five years old in the garage, I’ve already got the GPz750s.

I quite fancy a big single and another Ducati too but as I’ve mentioned, the kids are wiping me out at the moment!

I watched the first Vlog a few days ago (liked and suscribed) Not sure if you're seen any of Baron Von Grumbles work, but I've followed him for a few years now and his sister channel 44 Teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BaronVonGrumble

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app

Well I picked up my Striple RS 765 today. Its everything I remember I loved about my previous 675 and more besides. Got some nice extras on it, all I need now is some warm weather and I’m good to go.

Stuart

I’ve the Ducati 800 Desert Sled Scrambler and love it, but would add a Z900RS Cafe to the stable in a trice if funds and space allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenw View Post
    I’ve the Ducati 800 Desert Sled Scrambler and love it, but would add a Z900RS Cafe to the stable in a trice if funds and space allowed.

How do you find the Sled? Specifically it’s off road ability? I fancy adding it to my somewhat BM-centric fleet - S1000RR, RnT Scrambler X and K1600 Bagger.

It’s way more capable than I am and I’ve not really put it to the test tbh. I’ll seek out some green lanes at some point, but for now I just like cruising around the south coast on it. Would love to find a beach to take it on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post

I was looking at one of these last Saturday at A&D in Denbigh..... 5 miles on the clock, engine has never been started..

It’s clocked up the 5 miles by being pushed from different display areas in the showroom over the last 20 years👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I was looking at one of these last Saturday at A&D in Denbigh..... 5 miles on the clock, engine has never been started..

It’s clocked up the 5 miles by being pushed from different display areas in the showroom over the last 20 years
    For sale?

Was it the 1100 or the rarer 1000?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    For sale?

Was it the 1100 or the rarer 1000?
    It was the 1100.... I suspect it could be for sale if the price was right..

Heres me new toy.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    It was the 1100.... I suspect it could be for sale if the price was right..
    If only it were the 1000 (he lied, pretending he'd have stumped up a large wad of cash), I really love the direct feel of the flat slide carbs on the 1000, rather than the slightly remote feel of the CV carbs on the 1100.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Yup....agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    I watched the first Vlog a few days ago (liked and suscribed) Not sure if you're seen any of Baron Von Grumbles work, but I've followed him for a few years now and his sister channel 44 Teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BaronVonGrumble

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers, Steve! I’m about to upload a second one,which is marginally better and includes a bit of filtering

I find the Baron a bit much, although I do like some of his vids.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres me new toy.

Stuart
    Lovely! Arrow can, too

my favourite vlogger on youtube is the missendenflyer , he does some good reviews and is also a bit of a natural comedian - heres his advise on cleaning textile jackets :)

He also did a good piece on how to apply ACF50 which I followed.

Well, for anyone who may be vaguely interested I uploaded a new video this morning. Unfortunately I cocked up with the camera settings so it's not very hi resolution, but it seems to look fine on a phone at least

Master
    Well, for anyone who may be vaguely interested I uploaded a new video this morning. Unfortunately I cocked up with the camera settings so it's not very hi resolution, but it seems to look fine on a phone at least
    I watched it this morning. As you say, the video is a bit low-res, but clear enough and the audio is good. As for the content, all I can say is - I am very thankful that I don't have to contend with that much traffic/filtering when I'm out and about, as I live in an area with less traffic, as well as being able to pick and choose the times/days I go out.

Filtering to that degree looks like an accident waiting to happen - at least to this country bumpkin.

Grand Master
    I see the fog clearing now Im awake so it might be time for a Braaaaaappppp
    RIAC

I see the fog clearing now Im awake so it might be time for a Braaaaaappppp
    Okay, now don't shout at me please, but... I had a play on a Thruxton R today. I think it may be my next bike - what a thing of beauty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I watched it this morning. As you say, the video is a bit low-res, but clear enough and the audio is good. As for the content, all I can say is - I am very thankful that I don't have to contend with that much traffic/filtering when I'm out and about, as I live in an area with less traffic, as well as being able to pick and choose the times/days I go out.

Filtering to that degree looks like an accident waiting to happen - at least to this country bumpkin.
    Ditto. I am just back from a two hour ride. Must have seen all of fifty cars in the whole time. Oh, and it’s 23c!

Yeah, it takes some getting used to!

Just fitted a 7x5 plate, jeez it looks small!! Tidies up the back end superbly though.

Stuart

Just fitted a 7x5 plate, jeez it looks small!! Tidies up the back end superbly though.

Stuart

Required though. Have you taken the reflectors off yet?

Required though. Have you taken the reflectors off yet?
    The ones on the front fork you mean Tony? If so, no I haven’t, I know a lot of guys do this, but they actually dont bother me too much you know.

Stuart