closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 101 of 357 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 17806

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Actually yes, but not one more, at least 2. I’d like one with a 1/4 drive that starts at a very low torque value, and I really like the new ones that give an LED and audible warning when you hit the torque value.

Not all of those torque wrenches are trustworthy, a couple are just used as a long handled ratchet
    I knew it.

More bike related stuff

I see you’ve got the Halfords chest Enoch.

I’ve picked up some of their fitted sets on 3 for 2 offers. 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch all in one place is very useful!

The rest isn’t quite so tidy at the moment!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I see you’ve got the Halfords chest Enoch.

I’ve picked up some of their fitted sets on 3 for 2 offers. 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch all in one place is very useful!

The rest isn’t quite so tidy at the moment!
    I’ve got exactly the same set up. I do like your socket layout, much neater than mine.👍

I got the chest set up on one of their deals and only paid £225. That was only a couple of years ago but they’re a lot more now.

The socket sets are the ones they make specially to fit the drawers. They’re a bit pricy compared to their normal sets but I got them on a 3 for 2 deal so worked out at about £40 per set.

I’ve another Halfords set in a case which I bought before which seldom gets used but is obviously a lot more portable.

I do find the Halfords tool to be excellent quality for the price and as they’ve a lifetime guarantee, you can’t really go wrong.

@ Enoch - that’s a very impressively organised garage.

I’d love the space / time to get mine better sorted. I do have all my car / bike tools in a Halford chest at least, but I’ve got all sorts (paddock stands, folding chairs, step ladders to name just a few items) hanging from the joists. Just as well I’m a short arse.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Anyway, whose going for a ride at the weekend?

I am.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...ct-motorbikes/

Having spoken directly with a spokesperson at No.10, MCN can confirm this means you are allowed to ride a motorcycle "to any open spaces" with no limit on the distance from Wednesday, May 13.

However, they reiterated that this should be done alone, or only with members of your immediate household. The advice also stated that once you arrive, you should maintain a minimum of two meters distance from other members of the public. You'll also have to abide by the rules for travelling between countries within the UK, as you'll still be unable to cross from England into Scotland, Ireland or Wales, or vice versa. The "Stay at home" message remains in place in all countries other than England.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

I am.
    Yup on my own. Can't wait.

Master

I am.
    Yep. I'll be going out sometime this week. I'll be turning right toward the Peak District, rather than left to Wales.

I am.
    One serviced today, belt service on another tomorrow, so it would make sense to give them a spin to make sure everything's okay

I am.
    I certainly will. I’ve gone shopping locally a couple of times on mine but I’m desperate to go out properly on it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

I do find the Halfords tool to be excellent quality for the price and as they’ve a lifetime guarantee, you can’t really go wrong.
    Likewise, I’ve never had an issue with Halfords professional range. The quality is plenty good enough for my use, I’ve broken a few sockets, always through abuse, and they just give you a new one.

I have a mate with a trade card, so get a nice discount on most stuff, which always helps👍👍

Likewise, I’ve never had an issue with Halfords professional range. The quality is plenty good enough for my use, I’ve broken a few sockets, always through abuse, and they just give you a new one.

I have a mate with a trade card, so get a nice discount on most stuff, which always helps
    I have a mix of Halfords Pro and Teng.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I am.
    Yep! Can’t wait after such a long break.

Master
    For anyone going for a ride, please be careful. The roads are going to be busy, and I think some people will be even worse drivers than they were before the lockdown.

Be more defensive than usual, and come home safe..

Master
    Yep, the Striple will be coming out for a bit this weekend.

It's 12 years old, 12k on the clock and as good as the day it was made. WBAB have offered 1750 for it, laughable really. I only enquired as I am thinking of a Speed Twin, and looking at trade in values. I would miss the triple howl so starting to wonder if I could get away with three motorbikes, five bicycles plus an MX5 in the garage, she might not notice, what could go wrong

Good advice below...

For anyone going for a ride, please be careful. The roads are going to be busy, and I think some people will be even worse drivers than they were before the lockdown.

will probably go for a ride on fri/sat , as enoch has already said though - i'll be riding with extra care as when i've been out in the car ive noticed people pulling out /not looking a lot more often as they think theres no one on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Yep, the Striple will be coming out for a bit this weekend.

It's 12 years old, 12k on the clock and as good as the day it was made. WBAB have offered 1750 for it, laughable really. I only enquired as I am thinking of a Speed Twin, and looking at trade in values. I would miss the triple howl so starting to wonder if I could get away with three motorbikes, five bicycles plus an MX5 in the garage, she might not notice, what could go wrong

Good advice below...
    You'll never be able to sell your Striple. You know it, and so do we

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You'll never be able to sell your Striple. You know it, and so do we
    Good point, well made

I was planning to go for my first 'essential journey' this Friday......to collect my new bike .

But I've just been informed that it might actually be ready tomorrow !!!!!!

Blog Entries

Good advice, think I'll leave it a few days longer before getting the Enfield out again.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    All that remains is to go through this load of shelving, and have a big sort out
    Remember you might need it one day....................
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Good advice, think I'll leave it a few days longer before getting the Enfield out again.
    The speed differential between those staying legal/ trying to avoid hospital and those taking the opportunity to make progress has widened.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I think I may venture out on Sunday. Pity we cant go into Wales as I prefer the roads there, however a scoot ip to Devils Bridge seems to be in order.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Both my bikes and my car are out of MOT having expired at the beginning of the month.

The bikes are heading for a service and MOT on Friday and the car is being done on Monday.

Will be interesting to see how the dealers try to ensure some kind of social distancing. They've already said they're limiting the waiting area to only two customers at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Both my bikes and my car are out of MOT having expired at the beginning of the month.

The bikes are heading for a service and MOT on Friday and the car is being done on Monday.

Will be interesting to see how the dealers try to ensure some kind of social distancing. They've already said they're limiting the waiting area to only two customers at a time.
    Don't wait and try another bike instead
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Looking resplendent whilst shopping the other day, and now eagerly awaiting a proper ride later this week and/or over the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Don't wait and try another bike instead
    They were keen to point out I could take any demonstrator I liked out whilst I waited! I think the new tyres and MOT and service fees will clean me out for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    They were keen to point out I could take any demonstrator I liked out whilst I waited! I think the new tyres and MOT and service fees will clean me out for the time being.
    No buying is necessary. Just enjoy while socially isolating. Win-win, I say.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I think I may venture out on Sunday. Pity we cant go into Wales as I prefer the roads there, however a scoot ip to Devils Bridge seems to be in order.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I hope the bacon butty / tea van is open , otherwise there will be anarchy at Kirkby Lonsdale. Have a safe ride and remember to Police will be out in force with their hand held hairdryers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    I was planning to go for my first 'essential journey' this Friday......to collect my new bike .

This thread is useless without pictures............:)

Happy new bike day, and remember if its really brand new take it easy for the first 30 miles or so to scrub in the new tyres.

Steve

Mate just sent this, thought I’d share as it made me chuckle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Woohoo

Just had a call from my Triumph dealer....

This is going to be delivered by the weekend...👍

This is going to be delivered by the weekend...

Nice timing

Enjoy the regained (almost) liberty

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

Happy new bike day, and remember if its really brand new take it easy for the first 30 miles or so to scrub in the new tyres.

Steve
    It is ready!!! My excitement is being tempered by having a ball-ache sorting out my insurance :-(

It is ready!!! My excitement is being tempered by having a ball-ache sorting out my insurance :-(

Tricky or expensive?

This is going to be delivered by the weekend...

I have to say, that is stunning. The design departments at motorcycle manufacturing facilities really have stepped up their game.
    Does it come with Arrows? Ive had a few and they perform and sound amazing.
    Last edited by manganr; 12th May 2020 at 19:40.

If anybody is out and about in Sussex over the weekend, I'm up for some brisk social distancing! :D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    I have to say, that is stunning. The design departments at motorcycle manufacturing facilities really have stepped up their game.
    Does it come with Arrows? Ive had a few and they perform and sound amazing.
    Yes it comes with Arrows.

I’m not actually sure of the full spec, but apparently it has around 10bhp more than the standard Bobber, lighter engine internals, so it’s free revving, the bike is around 8kg lighter, and some other stuff I’ve forgotten.

I’ve got a decat x pipe ready to go on, plus my forward controls to help with the gammy legs.

Looking forward to finding out what number it is of the 750 total for Europe.👍

I am hopefully going out this weekend.

Good luck with the new bike Enoch.

Planning to take it very easy and just a random potter around the Chilterns I think.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Tricky or expensive?
    Hi Gyp, a bit of both actually...I hate insurance companies. All sorted now though....I can sleep peacefully now and look forward to tomorrow.

I see you also inhabit the Triumph Forum too?? From tomorrow we’’ll have a bit more in common too

Hi Gyp, a bit of both actually...I hate insurance companies. All sorted now though....I can sleep peacefully now and look forward to tomorrow.

I see you also inhabit the Triumph Forum too?? From tomorrow we’’ll have a bit more in common too

Yes I'm on there busy talking rubbish about luggage, decat pipes and throttle spacers.

I've not spotted you there. Are you waiting for the bike to arrive or am I just unobservant?

I look forward to seeing pics of the bike later. When you do get it, try not to do what I've done and spend so much on personalising that a Thruxton TFC would have been less expensive...

That said, I might fit a Monza fuel cap next...

Master
    Happy couple of hours on the GS this morning, with a gentle ride out to the edge of the Peak District...

A few degrees cooler when you get a few hundred feet above sea level...

Also the first real opportunity to test my Innovv K2 cameras. Obviously, these are intended as "evidence" cameras but they do provide reasonable stills:

Next task is probably to reposition the camera to avoid the BMW beak - if possible.

Looks amazing! I can’t wait for the weekend, stuck on never ending WebEx calls until then...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Looks amazing! I can’t wait for the weekend, stuck on never ending WebEx calls until then...
    I remember that world. Can't say I'm missing it!

Master

First Post Lockdown Ride

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Here we go, just a quick one on my way home!

Really pleased so far, its already got some nice extra bits on, I've a few more planned short-term and maybe even a colour change long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Ditto, but swap "WebEx" for "TEAMS"
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Here we go, just a quick one on my way home!

Really pleased so far, its already got some nice extra bits on, I've a few more planned short-term and maybe even a colour change long-term.
    Fantastic, Mark - really pleased for you! How was the ride?

I'm just doing a few exercises before having a shower and heading out for a post-lockdown ride (I'll probably shoot a short video as well). I'm actually getting a kind of churning in my tummy due to excitement - how sad is that?