closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 290 of 359 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,500 of 17919

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The styling of the Norton is as right as it can ever be - a real masterpiece!

But - I think there are serious questions on the reliability, that would make me think twice.
    They have done a serious amount to address the reliability issues, but I agree that there needs to be a few more on the road covering some miles before for those updates to be proven.

Master

2023 Triumph Bonneville Chrome edition.

We are lucky in that a new spin off from Enochs toy shop Woods of Abergele has opened in Deeside close to where I live. I really like what Triumph are doing with the brand and more importantly the classic have low seat heights which really appeal to me.

Last week they were showcasing the chrome editions.

In the larger bikes eg the scrambler the tank gets a proper chrome tank , lovely. Unfortunately the bike I was looking at the 2023 Speed Twin gets a chrome sticker on the tank. Call me old fashioned but on a £9300 bike claimed to be chrome Im expecting more than a chrome sticker!

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...e-edition-2023

You can see from the photos its just a sticker, and dont get me started on the video with the presenter reading off an autocue.

When Norton are producing such automotive beauty above , who at Triumph signed this off?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    We are lucky in that a new spin off from Enochs toy shop Woods of Abergele has opened in Deeside close to where I live. I really like what Triumph are doing with the brand and more importantly the classic have low seat heights which really appeal to me.

Last week they were showcasing the chrome editions.

In the larger bikes eg the scrambler the tank gets a proper chrome tank , lovely. Unfortunately the bike I was looking at the 2023 Speed Twin gets a chrome sticker on the tank. Call me old fashioned but on a £9300 bike claimed to be chrome Im expecting more than a chrome sticker!

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...e-edition-2023

You can see from the photos its just a sticker, and dont get me started on the video with the presenter reading off an autocue.

When Norton are producing such automotive beauty above , who at Triumph signed this off?

Steve
    That has to be a joke! What a disgrace.

Master
    I was in Deeside Triumph (named Chester Triumph but miles from Chester!) on Friday. I have to agree, the majority of the chrome editions are not great at all, and some of them look like something I could do in my shed with some sticky-back plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I was in Deeside Triumph (named Chester Triumph but miles from Chester!) on Friday. I have to agree, the majority of the chrome editions are not great at all, and some of them look like something I could do in my shed with some sticky-back plastic!
    Indeed, and with Enfield and BSA already having chrome tanks at a much lower price point, having chrome as a special feature seems somewhat devalued.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    It is a bit rubbish.

Despite my many quibbles with the 961 yesterday, the build quality and finish was exceptional. Truly magnificent.

Now, if they were to replace the 961 motor and clocks with the ones from the Thruxton it would be almost perfect :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    It is a bit rubbish.

Despite my many quibbles with the 961 yesterday, the build quality and finish was exceptional. Truly magnificent.

Now, if they were to replace the 961 motor and clocks with the ones from the Thruxton it would be almost perfect :-)
    So, a modern TritonThat would be interesting, where are all the customisers? Cheers, John B4

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    The thing is that years ago, folk used to put a Triumph engine in a Norton frame because the engine on the Triumph was better, than the Nortons and the handling of the Norton was better than the triumph..

But now days it’d be a pointless exercise as Triumph are now well regarded in the handling department.
    It’s not necessarily about handling, they are both more than adequate. The Triumph engine however, is going to be far more confidence inspiring given Norton’s recent history.

And that Norton does look good.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 27th February 2023 at 17:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It’s not necessarily about handling, they are both MOTd than adequate. The Triumph engine however, is going to be far more confidence inspiring given Norton’s recent history.

And that Norton does look good.
    So does the Thruxton..😎

So does the Thruxton..😎
    Well the Thruxton R anyway!

Master
    Well the Thruxton R anyway!
    Agreed..

Loved this bike!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Loved this bike!

Was that before or after the R9T? Another lovely bike you let go.

Was that before or after the R9T? Another lovely bike you let go.
    It was after. Yes, both this and the R9T were worthy of being keepers, but I wanted to try something I could ride all day/tour on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Not long now till March 1 when I pick up my new bike. Just hope it doesnt rain that day.

Stuart
    Well it’s March the 1st and there I was all on my lonesome waiting for Stuart to arrive on his brand new Ducati..浪浪

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Well it’s March the 1st and there I was all on my lonesome waiting for Stuart to arrive on his brand new Ducati..浪浪

Andy behave . You know I’m a fair weather guy

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

More bike related stuff

OK guys heres my new whip. I live the Bayliss Panigale V2 but me and sports bikes are history. Soooooo, I thought I’d have the next best (better?) thing…..

https://flic.kr/p/2ojK4cF

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile appIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2077.JPG
    Last edited by cinnabull; 2nd March 2023 at 18:57.

Sorry guys, having trouble putting pics up

[QUOTE=cinnabull;6168548]OK guys heres my new whip. I love the Bayliss Panigale V2 but me and sports bikes are history. Soooooo, I thought I’d have the next best (better?) thing…..

https://flic.kr/p/2ojK4cF

I give up ??*??

Master
    image0 by stuart wilson, on Flickr
    Too easly beaten
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Too easly beaten
    Very nice
    Hi Lewie

I used to know how to post pics, but not having done it for ever I’ve forgot . I have them on Flickr and seem to remember there was a way of copying something on there and pasting it into the post here. I tried but it kept messing up, and I cant even see how to delete my useless posts on here either.

Stuart

Master
    Ok quick tutorial
    On the pic click on the back arrow button just under it
    Select the BBC code tab - medium size should be fine - copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Too easly beaten
    Very nice
    Nice looking bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I collected my '23 reg Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition on Wednesdsay, loving it! 120 miles already but suspect won't get much use over next couple of weeks with weather turning and salt on the roads etc

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
    Mark

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    I collected my '23 reg Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition on Wednesdsay, loving it! 120 miles already but suspect won't get much use over next couple of weeks with weather turning and salt on the roads etc

Cheers
    Mark
    Nice bike Mark , there is a lot of love for Guzzi’s on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    I collected my '23 reg Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition on Wednesday, loving it! 120 miles already but suspect won't get much use over next couple of weeks with weather turning and salt on the roads etc

Cheers
    Mark
    Beautiful machine!

The refurbished 5" Smiths chronometric speedometer for the Rapide arrived today, here's a photograph of it next to the standard size one.

It's bolted to a bracket on the fork top link that points it straight at you.

I'm looking forward to getting it fitted, there's a bit of a way to go yet though!

OK, if this works, thanks Lewie, lets have a go....

There you have it Guys. I really love the Panigale Bayliss V2 but me and sportsbikes are done. So I thought of the next best (better?) thing, threw my ideas about and here we have it. A Street Fighter V2 with a Bayliss theme, and some silly money options. Scuse the dirt but it rained on my way home, but it aint a patch on Enochs dirt levels LOL.

Stuart

Very nice. I've clocked the matching lid. Are you going FKW with matching leathers too?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Lovely, Stuart! Congratulations mate.

Master
    Perfect
    Looks fab - I’ve a replacement sprocket arrived today but too chilly to attempt fitting

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Very nice. I've clocked the matching lid. Are you going FKW with matching leathers too?
    Nah, just got plain Dainese leather stuff but prefer textiles anyway TBH

Stuart

Lovely, Stuart! Congratulations mate.
    Cheers Tony. Got to be run in yet, but I will wait for the dry and warm days for that

Stuart

Impressive Stuart!

Master
    Cheers Tony. Got to be run in yet, but I will wait for the dry and warm days for that

Stuart

Hey Andy, Its heated gloves I need unless its at least 12degrees outside. But the mittens could go over them as well to keep me fingers well warm

Seriously, I’ll be out on it as soon as I can mate and we’ll catch up

Stuart

There you have it Guys. I really love the Panigale Bayliss V2 but me and sportsbikes are done. So I thought of the next best (better?) thing, threw my ideas about and here we have it. A Street Fighter V2 with a Bayliss theme, and some silly money options. Scuse the dirt but it rained on my way home, but it aint a patch on Enochs dirt levels LOL.

Stuart
    Very nice - the warmer weather is just round the corner...or maybe the next one

Been dwelling on my riding future, and contemplating not being able to ride the Harley again due to its (700lb) weight. Very depressing, but I just looked at a potential alternative in the Bonneville T120 Black. With some customisation along the lines shown below it would be lovely, and it would also be about 200lbs lighter (so could well be more manageable for what's left of me going forward).

What do you think?

Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2023 at 12:51.

Been dwelling on my riding future, and contemplating not being able to ride the Harley again due to its (700lb) weight. Very depressing, but I just looked at a potential alternative in the Bonneville T120 Black. With some customisation along the lines shown below it would be lovely, and it would also be about 200lbs lighter (so could well be more manageable for what's left of me going forward).

What do you think?

Another alternative could actually be the new Ducati Monster... literally half the weight of the Harley, but moving away from the modern classic look, which I prefer.
    I'd not quite realised your predicament until I read about it over on the Triumph forum :-(

I'll repeat my usual shout out for the Triumph Street Scrambler (now Scrambler 900) - 13kg lighter than the T120

More bike related stuff

You know you loved the Street Triple Tony, why not look at the latest full fat 2023 RS version? Or go all out with a SF V2. But yeah, them Bonnies do look nice, comfy and possibly fit for touring if thats your bag. Didnt Enoch have one of them, hard to keep up with what hes had cos its every bike ever made I think LOL

Stuart

Last edited by cinnabull; 4th March 2023 at 11:34.

More bike related stuff

Been dwelling on my riding future, and contemplating not being able to ride the Harley again due to its (700lb) weight. Very depressing, but I just looked at a potential alternative in the Bonneville T120 Black. With some customisation along the lines shown below it would be lovely, and it would also be about 200lbs lighter

What do you think?
    I’m biased Tony but I think it’s a great bike
    Very easy to customise and has the looks for me. Some of the changes I have made so far are:
    Tail tidy, silencers, levers, bar end mirrors, black clock covers, sump guard, shorty mudguard, fuel tank cap, brake reservoir cap, clutch cover, paddock stand rod to name a few. There is also still lots that I want to do, I have found that it has held my interest completely. There is so much choice out there. My next challenge is deciding which rear shocks I put on.

I did also change the front sprocket as per Enochs post and that made a real difference. I find it a very easy bike to ride and not difficult to handle or manoeuvre.

Whatever you do, I hope you can find a bike that keeps you riding. Best of luck in your search and best of health to you with a trouble free recovery.

Have you tried the Ducati X-Diavel Tony?

Easy to manage, comfortable feet forward cruiser, plenty of power if required and sexy Italian styling.

Ive had many bikes over the years, and tbh this is the best one yet for me.

It’s an Italian Harley in essence imho.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

You know you loved the Street Triple Tony, why not look at the latest full fat 2023 RS version? Or go all out with a SF V2. But yeah, them Bonnies do look nice, comfy and possibly fit for touring if thats your bag. Didnt Enoch have one of them, hard to keep up with what hes had cos its every bike ever made I think LOL

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’m biased Tony but I think it’s a great bike
    Very easy to customise and has the looks for me. Some of the changes I have made so far are:
    Tail tidy, silencers, levers, bar end mirrors, black clock covers, sump guard, shorty mudguard, fuel tank cap, brake reservoir cap, clutch cover, paddock stand rod to name a few. There is also still lots that I want to do, I have found that it has held my interest completely. There is so much choice out there. My next challenge is deciding which rear shocks I put on.

I did also change the front sprocket as per Enochs post and that made a real difference. I find it a very easy bike to ride and not difficult to handle or manoeuvre.

Whatever you do, I hope you can find a bike that keeps you riding. Best of luck in your search and best of health to you with a trouble free recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Have you tried the Ducati X-Diavel Tony?

Easy to manage, comfortable feet forward cruiser, plenty of power if required and sexy Italian styling.

Ive had many bikes over the years, and tbh this is the best one yet for me.

It’s an Italian Harley in essence imho.
    Thanks guys. Yes, the Street Triple would probably be an answer, although the new Ducati Monster might win out if I decided to move away from a heritage style. The XDiavel is wonderful, but if I could ride that it would mean I could continue riding the Harley.

A further morning of thought has ensued. I've probably made up my mind that if I have to move to a lightweight bike there's only one real contender. Unique, British, hand built to spec, and entailing real pride of ownership. Something that will make me smile every time I sit on it, and won't feel like a compromise in terms of style.

I nearly bought a CCM a year or two back, and went up to Bolton for a full factory tour and a talk to the owners. Remarkable machines, and they're so light that the power to weight ratio is outstanding, even though it's a single pot motor. As for the sound...

I reckon that's job done, if it comes to it.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2023 at 14:30.

I nearly bought a CCM a year or two back, and went up to Hull for a full factory tour and a talk to the owners. Remarkable machines, and they're so light that the power to weight ratio is outstanding, even though it's a single pot motor. As for the sound...

I reckon that's job done.
    Beautiful machines, always makes me think of this

https://youtu.be/VCUN8eJancQ

Thanks guys. Yes, the Street Triple would probably be an answer, although the new Ducati Monster might win out if I decided to move away from a heritage style. The XDiavel is wonderful, but if I could ride that it would mean I could continue riding the Harley.

A further morning of thought has ensued. I've probably made up my mind that if I have to move to a lightweight bike there's only one real contender. Unique, British, hand built to spec, and entailing real pride of ownership. Something that will make me smile every time I sit on it, and won't feel like a compromise in terms of style.

I nearly bought a CCM a year or two back, and went up to Hull for a full factory tour and a talk to the owners. Remarkable machines, and they're so light that the power to weight ratio is outstanding, even though it's a single pot motor. As for the sound...

Went through the same thing myself a couple of years ago with CCM, however in the end I was out off by their poor and I mean shockingly poor customer service (blatant lies about delivery dates) and when I checked one of their clear coat jobs I was surprised to see rust underneath the clear coat and some poor welding.

The new Monster SP and Triumph Street Triple R & RS models are getting great reviews but I’ll suggest a ride on a Kawasaki Z900RS as well, absolutely love mine, just need the warmer weather to truly enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely bikes. I thought they were still built in Bolton though?

Lovely bikes. I thought they were still built in Bolton though?
    Yes, my mistake.

Master
    Lots of great options above but i wonder if the starting point is a realistic assessment of the type (distance, duration and frequency) of riding you'll be doing, Tony. Annual mileage, fair or all weather, touring or short journeys all have an input to the most suitable type of bike.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Lots of great options above but i wonder if the starting point is a realistic assessment of the type (distance, duration and frequency) of riding you'll be doing, Tony. Annual mileage, fair or all weather, touring or short journeys all have an input to the most suitable type of bike.
    Well, I already seem to have settled on shorter journeys, and a mix of in town and B-roads. I love the cruiser type of riding, but in actuality can do that on any number of genres of bike; to me it just means taking it easy and enjoying the environment around me.

This current thought process is just to mitigate against a situation where bike weight becomes an issue. The CCM would work, and importantly, I'd bloody love it.