closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 367 of 371 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,350 of 18541

Thread: More bike related stuff

  1. #18301
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When he heard they were the same price, he advised getting the Triumph. Just like all of you
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    I've had the previous-gen 2018 Street Twin 900 and a 2022 CBX500. No contest. Get the Street Twin!
    Deposit paid. Quite a road between this point and being able to ride it away, but this moment feels good.

  2. #18302
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Deposit paid. Quite a road between this point and being able to ride it away, but this moment feels good.
    Congrats

  3. #18303
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Deposit paid. Quite a road between this point and being able to ride it away, but this moment feels good.
    Great stuff !

    I will be stunned if you don't report back after a week of ownership - that "I wish I had made the jump earlier!"

    Looking forward to more trip reports................

    Vroom vroom !!!

  4. #18304
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Deposit paid. Quite a road between this point and being able to ride it away, but this moment feels good.
    Congrats, looking forward to seeing a post, in the not too distant future, saying youíve got your full licence.

    Cheers

    Foggy

  5. #18305
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Well, this thread has claimed another victim. Passed my MOD 2 today in beautiful conditions with two rider faults. A contrast to my MOD 1 a couple of weeks ago in sideways rain! Very pleased to have got through the theory and two tests in just over three weeks. Really enjoyed today and felt very relaxed, but I was still mildly crapping it for the last 5 mins knowing I was heading back and trying not to cock it up at the final hurdle!.
    Well done, from a fellow newbie (relatively). Youíll know the right bike once you get out on the test rides.

    Cheers

    Foggy

  6. #18306
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I will be stunned if you don't report back after a week of ownership - that "I wish I had made the jump earlier!"
    Ooh, no, I'll never regret my 5000 miles of unpressured pootling around on my little 125, a lovely education, wouldn't have wanted that interrupted by anything. It was only on my very final ride on it, a rainy-then-sunny bank holiday in the Dales, that I felt myself wanting to leave that phase behind. No, no regrets here, at all, it's been wonderful.

  7. #18307
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bucks. UK.
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Phone call today confirming that the bike is written-off. After my excess has been deducted, the insurance payout will be roughly what the bike was worth as a trade-in, so that's ok. The pain now is having no bike atm, and in the future will be my insurance premiums, I suppose.

    I've been keeping a visual record of where I've been on my 125 by daubing an A-Z Yorkshire map with pink highlighter:



    This week, I've bought myself a bigger map ready for the next bike - OS Road 4: Northern England, covering Dumfries down to Chester, Hexham down to Matlock (and, less temptingly, Whitley Bay down to Skeggie)
    Or ... use Calimoto to plan and track your rides ...

  8. #18308
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    ...
    This week, I've bought myself a bigger map ready for the next bike - OS Road 4: Northern England, covering Dumfries down to Chester, Hexham down to Matlock
    Bigger bike, bigger map - makes sense. If you get down to the bottom left (Cheshire/Peaks), let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Well, this thread has claimed another victim. Passed my MOD 2 today... I've also become really taken with the Yamaha XSR900 2022+ version,,, Aware there is also the Kawasaki Z900RS to look at too.
    As anew rider a few years ago I was specifically warned off the XSR900 both here and other places. It may be that the 2022 version is a bit more forgiving though. I'm toying with one now though along with (same as you - Z900RS (sat on one today) and R Nine T)

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Ooh, no, I'll never regret my 5000 miles of unpressured pootling around on my little 125, a lovely education...
    I'll never forget the miles I did on the mighty YBR125. It was an objectively shit bike - it didn't go, didn't stop and didn't turn - but it was fundamental to me getting where I am now.

  9. #18309
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    Wrecked bike being collected by the company hired by the insurance company today. I've not been told of anything I need to do with the V5C other than just handing it over, which I'm finding a bit unnerving. Since they've no incentive to be helpful, they've given me a collection window of 8am to 5pm. Yeah, cheers.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 13th June 2024 at 14:04.

  10. #18310

    New bike day

    New (to me) bike day today. The M1000R is staying, but I've succumbed to a bit of pier pressure & pick this up later this morning.





    2021 bike in very good condition, only 7,000 miles, I owner.

    It's the low chassis / low seat option. I have no issues riding or stopping with just the ball of one foot down and unless the road camber is favourable, or there is a handy kerb, but getting it on & off the stand were a struggle so the stand has been modified.

    I really enjoyed the test ride I had last week.

    It's going on the French Tour with Ade & his mate Allan at the end of June.

    Can't wait.
    Last edited by andy tims; 15th June 2024 at 06:47.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DC57

  11. #18311
    New (to me) bike day today. The M1000R is staying, but I've succumbed to a bit of pier pressure & pick this up later this morning.








    2021 bike in very good condition, only 7,000 miles, I owner.


    It's the low chassis / low seat option. I have no issues riding or stopping with just the ball of one foot down and unless the road camber is favourable, or there is a handy kerb, but getting it on & off the stand were a struggle so the stand has been modified.


    I really enjoyed the test ride I had last week.


    It's going on the French Tour with 2 GS riding mates at the end of June.


    Can't wait.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DC57

  12. #18312
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,763
    ^^^ great choice. Iím in France and Germany on mine at the momentÖ


  13. #18313
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,223
    Bloody hell! Never saw that coming !!

    The 1250 is a cracking bike, and with some road-orientated tyres (like Michelin Road 5/6) - takes on a new life.

    If you feel flush - aftermarket panniers are a lot lighter than the Varios (or the Adv ones).

    Enjoy !!

  14. #18314
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Lovely, Andy. I've been thinking of testing one at some point this summer, but finding a lowered demo is unlikely to be an easy task.

  15. #18315
    Got my CBT booked and hoping to buy a Vespa 125. Purely for pleasure .

    What's everyone's thoughts on open face helmets?

  16. #18316
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Got my CBT booked and hoping to buy a Vespa 125. Purely for pleasure .

    What's everyone's thoughts on open face helmets?
    Not as safe as full face and you wouldnít want to be wearing one at high speed. For a Vespa 125 though, you should be fine and a full face lid would possibly look a bit odd.

  17. #18317
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lovely, Andy. I've been thinking of testing one at some point this summer, but finding a lowered demo is unlikely to be an easy task.
    Here we go!

  18. #18318
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Here we go!

  19. #18319
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Got my CBT booked and hoping to buy a Vespa 125. Purely for pleasure .

    What's everyone's thoughts on open face helmets?
    I wear open face more often than not. I find it a completely different experience, albeit that I also accept the increased risk profile.

  20. #18320
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Not as safe as full face and you wouldnít want to be wearing one at high speed. For a Vespa 125 though, you should be fine and a full face lid would possibly look a bit odd.
    My thoughts too. I prefer open face and won't be going very fast at all.

  21. #18321
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    My thoughts too. I prefer open face and won't be going very fast at all.
    Each to their own but having had a planet hit me in the face wearing a piss pot, I canít say I recommend it.

  22. #18322
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,658
    For looks and sheer enjoyment the open face is king on a vespa. But even at 20 mph, the face/asphalt interaction can be life changing, so best kept in mind during the ride.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  23. #18323
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Got my CBT booked and hoping to buy a Vespa 125. Purely for pleasure .

    What's everyone's thoughts on open face helmets?
    Have a look and see if a Roof Boxxer might fit the bill. It gives you the best of both worlds. I spent years in one all across Europe and crashed in it about 70, my head hit the floor on the side when the chin guard was up but apart from a bust knee I was ok. Would I have one again? certainly!

    Iím the end itís risk management. Things have come a long way over the years, when I was a kid I used to go everywhere on the back of my dads Vespa, shorts and T-shirt with no helmet, he used to hang a bucket from the fuel lever and fill it with milk or shopping to take to my grans. Now you have Adv bike riders with all the boxes on to carry their spare gloves and thousands of pounds of Goretex just in case it rains within 50 miles.

  24. #18324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Not as safe as full face and you wouldnít want to be wearing one at high speed. For a Vespa 125 though, you should be fine and a full face lid would possibly look a bit odd.
    dont think the speed would make much difference , slowly drag the back of your hand across the road to find out what will happen at slow speeds on a moped :)

    imo open face helmets go in the same catagory as wearing flip flops and shorts on the bike , but each to their own

  25. #18325
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    5,350
    Blog Entries
    1
    This Sunday.

    Hopefully the Dreadnought will be taking part in one of the worlds best bike events.



    https://www.banbury-run.co.uk/

  26. #18326
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    New (to me) bike day today. The M1000R is staying, but I've succumbed to a bit of pier pressure & pick this up later this morning.

    It's the low chassis / low seat option. I have no issues riding or stopping with just the ball of one foot down and unless the road camber is favourable, or there is a handy kerb, but getting it on & off the stand were a struggle so the stand has been modified.
    Great bike(s), done over 18,000 miles on my 1250, so far.
    As you've already discovered, it can be a bit of a challenge getting it off the side stand, particularly if fully loaded up and if the camber is against you.

  27. #18327
    Grand Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    10,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Great bike(s), done over 18,000 miles on my 1250, so far.
    As you've already discovered, it can be a bit of a challenge getting it off the side stand, particularly if fully loaded up and if the camber is against you.

    The S1000XR is similar, but even a fat-foot addition to the side stand helps - Plus, I find that your brain quickly adjusts and you park to suit.

    One thing the GS isn't short of - is aftermarket farkles and doo-hickies.

  28. #18328
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    4,197
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Got my CBT booked and hoping to buy a Vespa 125. Purely for pleasure .

    What's everyone's thoughts on open face helmets?
    I have a Davida open face and a Shoei Neotec which is a flip front.

    On my GS with a screen I will and have worn my open face. The increase in visibility is realy noticeable AND since the GS has a screen stones/ bees/ other flying creatures go up and over my lid.

    On my Vespa I wear the shoei closed, why purely wind blast and even with spectacles a bee or similar in your eye at 50/60 mph could do a lot of damage.

    As others have said a flip up or flip over helmet gives you open face around towns / cities and closing it gives you reduced noise and protection on the dual carriageways.

    Im not getting into face plant and skin abrasions as has been said above thats an individual risk judgement.

  29. #18329
    I finally got it running again under its own steam, now to get it roadworthy.

  30. #18330
    I think to begin with will certainly get a full closed or flip up helmet , appreciate the recommendations.

  31. #18331
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    When I was 18 I saw a photo in a medical textbook of a biker who had not been wearing a full face helmet; I can't say exactly what state his chin was in, as it simply wasn't there.

  32. #18332
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Great bike(s), done over 18,000 miles on my 1250, so far.
    As you've already discovered, it can be a bit of a challenge getting it off the side stand, particularly if fully loaded up and if the camber is against you.
    My modified side stand makes it much easier.



    The original lug has been moved up near the top and is what I use to flick the stand up with the toe end of my foot. The lower lug is longer and is what I use to kick the stand down. Again with the toe end of my foot.



    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The S1000XR is similar, but even a fat-foot addition to the side stand helps - Plus, I find that your brain quickly adjusts and you park to suit.

    One thing the GS isn't short of - is aftermarket farkles and doo-hickies.
    I’ve got a stand foot extender on order, but with my lack of height, careful parking is second nature.

    Yes, plenty of bolt on goody’s available.

    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Lovely, Andy. I've been thinking of testing one at some point this summer, but finding a lowered demo is unlikely to be an easy task.
    I had to wait a while to try a low chassis bike with the low seat. No demonstrators available. Borrowed a GSA recently with that combo, but didn’t like it. Test road this one and I much preferred it. I actually get more of my right foot down, than on the M1000R.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Bloody hell! Never saw that coming !!

    The 1250 is a cracking bike, and with some road-orientated tyres (like Michelin Road 5/6) - takes on a new life.

    If you feel flush - aftermarket panniers are a lot lighter than the Varios (or the Adv ones).

    Enjoy !!
    I got the dealer to fit V rated Conti TA3’s which I scrubbed in today after riding 170 miles this afternoon.

    I may well sell the Vario pannier’s. They are certainly very heavy.
    Last edited by andy tims; 15th June 2024 at 23:15.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DC57

  33. #18333
    Master Thewatchbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire UK
    Posts
    7,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I finally got it running again under its own steam, now to get it roadworthy.
    Looking good Greg, always nice when it fires up for the first time!

  34. #18334
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Looking good Greg, always nice when it fires up for the first time!
    Thanks Duncan, it was a real sense of achievement, having never stripped and rebuilt anything before I was really unsure if it would ever get back in one piece and run again.

  35. #18335
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Iím up to 230 miles so far in just under a week which is pretty good for me. All good so far.

    Cheers

    Foggy
    Iím up to 430 miles today, and the Tiger is really starting to loosen up now. Very pleased.

    Cheers

    Foggy

  36. #18336
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    New (to me) bike day today. The M1000R is staying, but I've succumbed to a bit of pier pressure & pick this up later this morning.








    2021 bike in very good condition, only 7,000 miles, I owner.


    It's the low chassis / low seat option. I have no issues riding or stopping with just the ball of one foot down and unless the road camber is favourable, or there is a handy kerb, but getting it on & off the stand were a struggle so the stand has been modified.


    I really enjoyed the test ride I had last week.


    It's going on the French Tour with 2 GS riding mates at the end of June.


    Can't wait.
    Probably up there with the best bikes I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot. Sticksome dirt tyres on it and take it off road. You'll be amazed what it's capable of. I've done about 10,000 miles on mine and still love it but am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 1300 although I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as the 1200 or 1250.
    Mine, somewhere in France......



    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  37. #18337
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    Theory test taken this morning and passed.

    Multiple-choice questions, got 47 out of 50, pass mark 43. There were quite a few questions on technical stuff about the machine itself which I had read and forgotten, and which I had to work out for myself. If I had got only 40, I wouldn't have been surprised. 47 *was* a surprise. So my advice would be to revise that. (And don't sweat over the obscure road signs and markings.)

    Hazard perception, got 66 out of 75, pass mark 44. Yesterday I had coughed up the ten quid for the online training, and had done 72 of these in the end. The quality of the footage on the online training is *awful* but in the real thing, it was much better, nice clear computer generated stuff - you can actually see brake lights going on etc.

    But I'm very glad to have done the dozens and dozens of practice goes, going back over the footage and analysing exactly why I had got the marks I had got, because I was able to work out the best way of approaching them. Lots of people say they click too soon, so a habit of doing two clicks close together helped. Also, it might be a while before the interesting situation you're already tracking becomes what they call a Developing Hazard, so another good habit was to do another pair of clicks each time the situation moved a step on.

    In the training I got a couple of 1s and 2s and even a 0, but in the real thing, I got 9x5pts, 3x4pts and 3x3pts.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 17th June 2024 at 13:19.

  38. #18338
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    16,365

    More bike related stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Theory test taken this morning and passed.

    Hazard perception, got 66 out of 75

    In the training I got a couple of 1s and 2s and even a 0, but in the real thing, I got 9x5pts, 3x4pts and 2x3pts.
    Congratulations, another step closer to freedom

    Fortunately you didnít have to be good at maths!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 17th June 2024 at 13:05.

  39. #18339
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,426
    Well done

  40. #18340
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Fortunately you didn’t have to be good at maths!
    The error was in my typing, not in my reading of the piece of paper

    Enquiry now emailed to driving school in Hull with excellent reputation.

    edit - DA course (with an additional session beforehand just to get me comfy) now booked for second half of July on "Kawasaki ER650cc & Z650" bikes
    Last edited by Der Amf; 17th June 2024 at 14:09.

  41. #18341
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Off work tomorrow, and I see that Triumph North London have this beauty in stock. I suspect it'll be too tall for me but I'm hoping to take it out for a test ride - I know I could get a low seat for it. so...

  42. #18342
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Theory test taken this morning and passed.

    Multiple-choice questions, got 47 out of 50, pass mark 43. There were quite a few questions on technical stuff about the machine itself which I had read and forgotten, and which I had to work out for myself. If I had got only 40, I wouldn't have been surprised. 47 *was* a surprise. So my advice would be to revise that. (And don't sweat over the obscure road signs and markings.)

    Hazard perception, got 66 out of 75, pass mark 44. Yesterday I had coughed up the ten quid for the online training, and had done 72 of these in the end. The quality of the footage on the online training is *awful* but in the real thing, it was much better, nice clear computer generated stuff - you can actually see brake lights going on etc.

    But I'm very glad to have done the dozens and dozens of practice goes, going back over the footage and analysing exactly why I had got the marks I had got, because I was able to work out the best way of approaching them. Lots of people say they click too soon, so a habit of doing two clicks close together helped. Also, it might be a while before the interesting situation you're already tracking becomes what they call a Developing Hazard, so another good habit was to do another pair of clicks each time the situation moved a step on.

    In the training I got a couple of 1s and 2s and even a 0, but in the real thing, I got 9x5pts, 3x4pts and 3x3pts.
    Well done! I found that there was much less leeway in the test compared to the practice sessions and consequently I scored lower in the real thing than all my previous attempts - very unnerving.

  43. #18343
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Off work tomorrow, and I see that Triumph North London have this beauty in stock. I suspect it'll be too tall for me but I'm hoping to take it out for a test ride - I know I could get a low seat for it. so...
    I booked one out a few years ago when my Beemer went in for service, with the plan of taking my lad out for a day in the Brecon Beacons. Having tried to get on it I soon realised that that was a non-starter as I'd have to find a kerb every time I stopped, and there aren't that many of those where we were headed!

    Opted for the base F650 in the end and found it to be excellent

  44. #18344
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I booked one out a few years ago when my Beemer went in for service, with the plan of taking my lad out for a day in the Brecon Beacons. Having tried to get on it I soon realised that that was a non-starter as I'd have to find a kerb every time I stopped, and there aren't that many of those where we were headed!

    Opted for the base F650 in the end and found it to be excellent
    That's my fear, Ian - I only have a 30" inseam so may find that I can't even test it.

  45. #18345
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Anyone know whether there's (preferably free) motorbike parking in Whitstable Harbour?

  46. #18346
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Anyone know whether there's (preferably free) motorbike parking in Whitstable Harbour?
    This might help Tony
    https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/parkin...somewhere-park
    Nothing free but plenty of pavement ��
    Last edited by lewie; 20th June 2024 at 08:22.

  47. #18347
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    37,816
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    This might help Tony
    https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/parkin...somewhere-park
    Nothing free but plenty of pavement 😏
    Thank you, but I'm pretty sure there are some free spaces in the harbour car park - I just can't seem to find them via Google.

  48. #18348
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Off work tomorrow, and I see that Triumph North London have this beauty in stock. I suspect it'll be too tall for me but I'm hoping to take it out for a test ride - I know I could get a low seat for it. so...
    I found the 850 incredibly tall and unwieldy. In fact, a low 1250GS is a far more manageable bike, despite its on-paper specs.

  49. #18349
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    31,232
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Anyone know whether there's (preferably free) motorbike parking in Whitstable Harbour?
    Wouldn't that ruin the engine?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

    'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

  50. #18350
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thank you, but I'm pretty sure there are some free spaces in the harbour car park - I just can't seem to find them via Google.
    There a site that shows free spaces in car parks but itís showing none at all in Whitstable
    https://bikebays.io/places/england/canterbury/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information