closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 195 of 357 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,750 of 17824

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    He was in 4th Battalion, served in Lubeck, Germany from 1948, didnt have a reserve Parachute then.
    Interesting, my old man was 3 Para as well and another 10 years younger. We were based in Osnabrck

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Thank you for your comments, hes a true hero and at 93 years young Im very lucky to have him still with me

cracking photo and good to see he has his beret shaped properly and looking good.
    You see a lot with the capbadge over the left ear nowadays and looking like Andy Capp.

The army was protesting in Westminster today on behalf of the paras and others.

Bit late to the party, but I hope your recovery is going OK Enoch

Master
    Thanks everyone... Im back home, but feeling pretty weak, and lucky to still be here.
    Apparently I was at level 4 heart failure for 2 days, and it was all touch and go. They believe my heart has been weakened by the Chemo I was on back in 2019. Ive just got to take it easy now and not rush.

Onwards and upwards.👍

The lad's Mod 2 is on the 25th.

Here's hoping we can fit another new clutch by then

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Thanks everyone... Im back home, but feeling pretty weak, and lucky to still be here.
    Apparently I was at level 4 heart failure for 2 days, and it was all touch and go. They believe my heart has been weakened by the Chemo I was on back in 2019. Ive just got to take it easy now and not rush.

Onwards and upwards.
    please,please,please take it easy even if you feel better do nothing.

My younger brother was weakened he died once and recovered.his operation was then postponed over and over again despite my pleading with the doctor.

He didnt make it,words cant express how I feel,but feel compelled to warn others.

On a lighter note why do National Express find it OK to dump the contents of their coach toilet at 70mph which results in a spray of hopefully mostly water over any cars or motorcycles in the vicinity?

Onwards and upwards.👍
    This must have popped up as I was typing my comment so I missed it earlier.

Glad to hear you're home. Sounds like a very close call. Please do take it easy and get well!

Onwards and upwards.👍
    Good to hear, hope youre back in the saddle soon.

This may be what you need to be riding from now on though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274788968878

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Good to hear, hope you’re back in the saddle soon.

This may be what you need to be riding from now on though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274788968878
    Excellent choice Dave, Enoch likes twins. Once he is up and about he can pop it on his bike lift, fit some Kerker pipes, hand tooled leather bags, and a freeflow air filter. Ok it might be 100 bhp down on his Diaval. Looking forward to the project.

Get well steadily mate, spring is around the corner, following last weeks hail and snow. 2/3 months from now summer will be here.

Steve
    Last edited by higham5; 11th May 2021 at 08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Excellent choice Dave, Enoch likes twins. Once he is up and about he can pop it on his bike lift, fit some Kerker pipes, hand tooled leather bags, and a freeflow air filter. Ok it might be 150 bhp down on his Diaval. Looking forward to the project.

Get well steadily mate, spring is around the corner, following last weeks hail and snow. 2/3 months from now summer will be here.

Steve
    FTFY!

Master
    Glad to hear youre back home Enoch. Do take it easy, as others have said. Itll be torture, but you must resist temptation to push it.

Good to see you're still with us Enoch, be sensible and make sure it stays that way!

Today i'll be mainly fitting a new clutch into a customers 174,000 mile BMW 1150 GS.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Today i'll be mainly fitting a new clutch into a customers 174,000 mile BMW 1150 GS.
    Impressive mileage...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Impressive mileage...
    Impressive condition too!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    On a lighter note why do National Express find it OK to dump the contents of their coach toilet at 70mph which results in a spray of hopefully mostly water over any cars or motorcycles in the vicinity?
    Much more likely to be aircon condensate.
    So just the distilled sweat and breath of poor people.

But if you know for certain it came from the toilet, I don't want to know how.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Not so good once deep inside.

Gearbox seals gone and pissing oil onto the clutch, and the clutch slave cylinder disintegrated on removal... but it still rode in to the workshop.

174,000 miles, it'll be good for the same miles again after a new clutch and seals.. No wear at all on the gearbox input shaft splines.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Much more likely to be aircon condensate.
    So just the distilled sweat and breath of poor people.

But if you know for certain it came from the toilet, I don't want to know how.
    Thanks - it did look like a waste dump but it was a very modern looking coach and ac condensate does sound more likely now. Had to clean my visor either way !

Glad your home Andrew and hopefully on the road to recovery

Yebbut with 174k on the clock...

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

Honda Monkey 125

Anyone looking for a tidy 125 for a bit of fun , pop over to sales corner my 2019 Honda Monkey bike is for sale there.

Steve

Gearbox seals gone and pissing oil onto the clutch, and the clutch slave cylinder disintegrated on removal... but it still rode in to the workshop.

174,000 miles, it'll be good for the same miles again after a new clutch and seals.. No wear at all on the gearbox input shaft splines.

Good to hear. My 1995 R1100GS has just ticked over to 10,000 miles on the clock!

Passed my MOD 1 today!

Very happy :)

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Passed my MOD 1 today!

Nice one. Hopefully your Mod 2 is in better weather.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Nice one. Hopefully your Mod 2 is in better weather.
    Cheers.

Booked the MOD 2 in for the 30th of June, would have been nice to have been sooner but it was the earliest they had.
    All good though, lesson a week booked in for the few weeks run up.

If all goes according to plan, insure my bike and on the road for the first of July :)

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Passed my MOD 1 today!

Excellent. I will take a small beer this evening in celebration with you.

Been riding since 1982. Never had an accident in nearly 40 years including over 20 tours all over Europe..until the Sunday before last. I suspect either a cash for crash or the driver (who was test driving the Range Rover) hadn't driven an automatic before. Stopped stone dead for no reason in the middle of the A38. Never even got out of the car to check how I was..partner got out, looked and walked away. When I tried to take her details she couldn't talk as was "on the phone to her insurance company" despite the car being on trade plates..

Luckily I walked away...the bike has been written off this morning. Fortunately I never ride in anything else but full kit..leather trousers, zipped to leather jacket, Daytona boots, Arai lid and full length gloves with finger armour.

I listened to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 a couple of days ago..apparently 170,000 "cash for crash" incidents were believed to have taken place last year...be careful fellas and make sure you're fully suited and booted too..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    Been riding since 1982. Never had an accident in nearly 40 years including over 20 tours all over Europe..until the Sunday before last. I suspect either a cash for crash or the driver (who was test driving the Range Rover) hadn't driven an automatic before. Stopped stone dead for no reason in the middle of the A38. Never even got out of the car to check how I was..partner got out, looked and walked away. When I tried to take her details she couldn't talk as was "on the phone to her insurance company" despite the car being on trade plates..

Luckily I walked away...the bike has been written off this morning. Fortunately I never ride in anything else but full kit..leather trousers, zipped to leather jacket, Daytona boots, Arai lid and full length gloves with finger armour.

I listened to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 a couple of days ago..apparently 170,000 "cash for crash" incidents were believed to have taken place last year...be careful fellas and make sure you're fully suited and booted too..
    Good to hear you are ok - shame about the bike, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Good to hear you are ok - shame about the bike, though.
    Thanks. She was a rare model. Only a dozen or so were imported from Italy back in 2003 in this spec. I have however managed to find another with only 4k on the clock! Trouble is the seller wants twice what I paid for mine back in 2019

Pleased to hear that you came out unscathed.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Shame its ruined, more likely the driver shouldnt have been driving it thats why they didnt get out. Cameras are the way to go, never bothered till a mate got taken out, after 2 years of walking badly and nearly loosing his foot the other party admitted liability this week.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Glad to hear you are ok, metal can always be replaced, flesh is a little harder.

Shame its twice the price to replace, if genuinely like for like, then surely an argument with the insurance company about neither gaining or being at a loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Glad to hear you are ok, metal can always be replaced, flesh is a little harder.

Shame its twice the price to replace, if genuinely like for like, then surely an argument with the insurance company about neither gaining or being at a loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The assessor came this morning and said it's a write off...I now waiting on their offer. I paid 3100 for mine and insured it for 4k as that was probably its true value at the time...problem is 749's & 999's have risen significantly in the last couple of years...the one I've found has 4k on the clock...mine had 22k hence some of the difference.

I'll wait for the offer and then hopefully buy it back as the parts are in demand so could make a few 's on top...

This is where I came to an abrupt stop...the RR had been moved when I took this pic but as you can see there was no reason for the emergency stop..I've spoken to one of the top instructors at the IAM (ex Met bike rider) and shown him all of the pics. He reckons if not a cash for crash then an inexperienced driver of an automatic car who stomped on the brake thinking it was the clutch...

Glad you're in one piece, Steve!

This seems a bit odd to me: 'Never even got out of the car to check how I was..partner got out, looked and walked away. When I tried to take her details she couldn't talk as was "on the phone to her insurance company" despite the car being on trade plates..'

Do you think she was from the
    dealership that owned the car?

R

Well it looks like I'm not the only Caballero owner on here any longer.
    Here's a photo another TZer sent me of theirs.

It's going to be a tough one to fight. If you went in to the back of them. They'll claim too close or going too fast to stop was your problem. I have Innovv K2 cameras on all my bikes. Expensive but worth it. I've only had one accident in 30 years. About 5 years ago an American woman in a hire car didn't know how to use a roundabout and wiped me out. Got out and instantly claimed it was my fault while I was still on the ground. Fortunately for me , two cars behind her was an unmarked police who saw and caught the whole incident on camera.

Glad you're in one piece, Steve!

This seems a bit odd to me: 'Never even got out of the car to check how I was..partner got out, looked and walked away. When I tried to take her details she couldn't talk as was "on the phone to her insurance company" despite the car being on trade plates..'

Do you think she was from the
    dealership that owned the car?

R
    Thanks...a bit of a bruise on my forehead where I hit the rear screen and a sore forearm on the right where I pumped the front brake...it could have been much worse...the dealership is 1.6 miles away..the salesman came out when I called them...it was a pre arranged test drive, but because of C19 it was unaccompanied. The insurance assessor who saw the bike this morning said the insurance company will do all the checks to see if she had a history of similar events...I had my mate behind me as a witness but the insurer won't argue the case and just want to pay me out...I will however try and by it back as the parts I can salvage are worth a few 's.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    It's going to be a tough one to fight. If you went in to the back of them. They'll claim too close or going too fast to stop was your problem. I have Innovv K2 cameras on all my bikes. Expensive but worth it. I've only had one accident in 30 years. About 5 years ago an American woman in a hire car didn't know how to use a roundabout and wiped me out. Got out and instantly claimed it was my fault while I was still on the ground. Fortunately for me , two cars behind her was an unmarked police who saw and caught the whole incident on camera.
    Yes, even the ex met rider I spoke with reckoned I should bite the bullet....it's hard though when I know what happened. A camera is on the to do list once I've been settled...

Thanks...a bit of a bruise on my forehead where I hit the rear screen and a sore forearm on the right where I pumped the front brake...it could have been much worse...the dealership is 1.6 miles away..the salesman came out when I called them...it was a pre arranged test drive, but because of C19 it was unaccompanied. The insurance assessor who saw the bike this morning said the insurance company will do all the checks to see if she had a history of similar events...I had my mate behind me as a witness but the insurer won't argue the case and just want to pay me out...I will however try and by it back as the parts I can salvage are worth a few 's.

Glad you're okay. When you say she wouldn't give you details when you went over I presume she gave you them after she got off the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Glad you're okay. When you say she wouldn't give you details when you went over I presume she gave you them after she got off the phone?
    No..she didn't get out of the car until the salesman arrived from the dealership. He assured me she was insured under their policy. We were there for the best part of an hour and not once did she or her partner ask if I was OK....

Passed my MOD 1 today!

Great news!

Now it's a race to see if you or my lad pass your mod 2 first :-)

His is booked for the 25th May, but he's insistent he doesn't need any training so we'll see how that works out. At least we got a new clutch in the YBR last night so that's one less thing to worry about.

No..she didn't get out of the car until the salesman arrived from the dealership. He assured me she was insured under their policy. We were there for the best part of an hour and not once did she or her partner ask if I was OK....

Wow what a grade A NSFG&D

F*cking disgraceful, Steve. Sorry about your lovely bike (I remember it well) but your condition is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    F*cking disgraceful, Steve. Sorry about your lovely bike (I remember it well) but your condition is more important.
    Thanks Tony...yes, I live to ride again but people like this are around and I just wanted to remind all of us both new and old school riders to remain vigilant and also to wear decent kit..

Very nearly happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. She was following a Range Rover (coincidentally) that slammed the brakes on just as she's taken a hand of the bars to do something with her 'intercom'. She slammed the brakes on and just missed it. This was just before a side road but the RR didn't take the turning. She's a very level headed person and has been riding without crashing for >20 years (hubby is an instructor if that makes any difference) but is convinced the RR driver saw her take her hand off the bars and did it deliberately.

Blog Entries

Wow that's nasty, just goes to show you can never be too careful. Wear a Helite airbag jacket these days with armoured kevlar jeans, boots and proper gloves all the time. Been riding bikes 40 years on and off and I think it's more dangerous now than ever. The number of aggressive car drivers seems to have gone up as well.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Either misinterpreted the advice 'don't apologise' with 'don't ask how injured parties - are'

Or

Self-centred twats who merely saw it as an inconvenience.

I suspect the later.

While she was dicking about on the phone - I'd have been calling the police.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Very nearly happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. She was following a Range Rover (coincidentally) that slammed the brakes on just as she's taken a hand of the bars to do something with her 'intercom'. She slammed the brakes on and just missed it. This was just before a side road but the RR didn't take the turning. She's a very level headed person and has been riding without crashing for >20 years (hubby is an instructor if that makes any difference) but is convinced the RR driver saw her take her hand off the bars and did it deliberately.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberate; I've noticed what appears to be a trend with pick-up drivers (Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara etc.) - I'm sure they move to the right to make it more difficult to filter past stationary or very slow moving traffic.