timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 67 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Last summer I rode through Spain and France with a Revit mesh jacket. Found it really helped to dampen my t-shirt every hour or so. Evaporative cooling.
    I did that at every petrol stop it works.

Master
    Just been undertaking a Roadlok on my bike.
    I like these as you only carry the small pin under your seat or wherever.
    So very convenient to use.

2 new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2s fitted (thanks for the recommendation Spareparts) and scrubbed in, ready for the trip to France!

I`m off to Wales next week for a bimble around.
    Any `must-do`routes (or other interesting places to see) i should consider adding to my (ad-hoc) itinerary?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Any `must-do`routes (or other interesting places to see) i should consider adding to my (ad-hoc) itinerary?
    A483 Builth Wells to Newtown is on my list .. done this twice. Nice fast sweeping twisties.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    2 new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2s fitted (thanks for the recommendation Spareparts) and scrubbed in, ready for the trip to France!
    By any chance do you know how they compare to the Michelin Road Pilot 5's?

One of the BMW instructors has recommended the Metzler road tech 01.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    The A470 from Blaneau Ffestiniog to Betws Y Coed is simply sublime. Be warned, you will deffo break the speed limit on this fantastic bit of tarmac, it makes you do it. Good bike stop at Betws as well, especially at weekends.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

just be careful of speed limits etc, the coppers dont mess around in wales and you will have speeding tickets come through your letterbox like junk mail :)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Previous tyres were the road tech 01s. Ok tyres, but not the most feedback and seemed to have a lot of cupping both front and rear. Will let you know how I get on with the PST2s. They were recommended by Spareparts who does a fair few miles. Haven’t tried the Michelin’s yet.

Previous tyres were the road tech 01s. Ok tyres, but not the most feedback and seemed to have a lot of cupping both front and rear. Will let you know how I get on with the PST2s. They were recommended by Spareparts who does a fair few miles. Haven’t tried the Michelin’s yet.
    I had a couple of sets of Scorpion Trail 2 on my Multistrada (standard OEM tyre) and had no issues with them at all. I then fitted Metzeler Road Tec 01s and they felt so much tighter, grippier, faster in all conditions (not off road) but the front tyre went off quite quickly. Then fitted Pirelli Road 5 and found them very capable although didn't keep the bike long enough to do them justice. Currently have Metzeler Sportec M7 RRs and they are superb.

To be honest, the right or best tyre depends on a number of factors such as which bike, rider's weight, type of riding, riding conditions etc.

I always use Metzeler Sportecs. Great tyre but I do put grip over mileage all day long. Suits my riding style and bike use.
    Did loads of research before I made the tyre choice but wouldn't use anything else now.

After all my Rukka bragging I rode home today in 38 degree weather. The second I turned the bike on the dash said 37 and once I got going quickly went to 38 and stayed for the hour home.

How was my vented jacket? Here's a pic my wife took of me when I got home because she laughed her arse off when told her it was hot but thank God I had my summer jacket on.
    Just saw this on sportsbikeshop.com... Dainese Pro-Armour.

Master
    Sounds great, Matt. Looking forward to your virtual postcards en route!

This is what I wrote to Matt when we were discussing tyres:

There are definitely 2 tyres I recommend above all others for road use on the GS, and both have pros/cons depending on your preference:

- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 (PST2): best tyre for feel and performance riding. More grip than you will ever need - dry or wet. Good mileage too.

- Michelin Pilot Road 5 Trail: even more grip than the PST2 - in wet especially. Less mileage, faster rate of turn than PST2, but less feel (softer outer rubber, firmer carcass. You will not get to the edges on these tyres as the sidewalls are steeper than the geometry of the GS allows before pegs touch down.

Both tyres can have you scraping pegs on the GS in the dry.

My favourite? Tough to choose, but I still love the PST2 - also about £30-40 cheaper a set. PR5 Trails are very confidence inspiring however because they are so sticky and turn fast.

Forget about Continental Road Attack 3 (CRA3) or the Bridgestone A41. Both are very slow [turning] tyres that are good if you are a Harley rider. But if you really enjoy the twisties or sportsbikes, PST2 or PR5Trails are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Sounds great, Matt. Looking forward to your virtual postcards en route!

This is what I wrote to Matt when we were discussing tyres:

There are definitely 2 tyres I recommend above all others for road use on the GS, and both have pros/cons depending on your preference:

- Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 (PST2): best tyre for feel and performance riding. More grip than you will ever need - dry or wet. Good mileage too.

- Michelin Pilot Road 5 Trail: even more grip than the PST2 - in wet especially. Less mileage, faster rate of turn than PST2, but less feel (softer outer rubber, firmer carcass. You will not get to the edges on these tyres as the sidewalls are steeper than the geometry of the GS allows before pegs touch down.

Both tyres can have you scraping pegs on the GS in the dry.

My favourite? Tough to choose, but I still love the PST2 - also about £30-40 cheaper a set. PR5 Trails are very confidence inspiring however because they are so sticky and turn fast.

Forget about Continental Road Attack 3 (CRA3) or the Bridgestone A41. Both are very slow [turning] tyres that are good if you are a Harley rider. But if you really enjoy the twisties or sportsbikes, PST2 or PR5Trails are the way to go.
    That is super helpful, thank you very much. I think based off that I would go with the PR5 purely on the basis of more grip in the wet as I use it to commute year round. I've always gone for the RP3 even when the RP4 was out as that had mixed reviews but since being on the GS I've kept the stock Anakees. Really good to have an honest opinion from someone doing the amount of miles you do with the same bike and without a vested interest.

And we’re off! At the tunnel

Master
    And we’re off! At the tunnel
    Safe travels!!

Looks like your mate has Ducati (Givi) top box and panniers?
    I've got the Ducati panniers for my Multi - just looking for an affordable topbox (Ducati one is scary money).

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Just got back from 3 weeks around Picos & Gorges du Verdon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice pics, great riding roads.
    Is that a covering on your seat? What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Safe travels!!

Looks like your mate has Ducati (Givi) top box and panniers?
    I've got the Ducati panniers for my Multi - just looking for an affordable topbox (Ducati one is scary money).
    Cheers! He says it cost about 500 quid for everything new (including rack etc) from Ducati with coded key.

Master

Talking to myself again

I went to Bala.
    Where was everyone?

Master
    I went to Bala.
    Where was everyone?

I parked in the exact same spot on Thursday...

Master
    I went to Bala.
    Where was everyone?

Bala was closed due to EA warnings any peoples going near any dams or stored water for ........well for ever , as that makes the risk assessment really solid.

Master
    I was there last Monday...😀

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    A483 Builth Wells to Newtown is on my list .. done this twice. Nice fast sweeping twisties.
    Yes, i did that one and would agree - very nice, but i did miss a few sections due to being stuck behind Captain Slow and various HGV`s blocking any potential overtaking opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    The A470 from Blaneau Ffestiniog to Betws Y Coed is simply sublime. Be warned, you will deffo break the speed limit on this fantastic bit of tarmac, it makes you do it. Good bike stop at Betws as well, especially at weekends.

Stuart
    I *think* i did this one, it`s difficult to know where you`ve been when you simply dial a route into the Satnav and follow the screen (and the Welsh place names are impossible to decipher in the 2/3 seconds that you see them for so are immediately forgotten/ignored)...
    I definately went over a mountainous road in that area -the B4391 to Ffestiniog, that was pretty cool being in the cloud and drizzle, so can only assume i went on to Betws on the 470....

The best parts were being right out in the sticks or down the single track lanes - really exploring.

Overlooking Llyn Brianne reservoir;

In the middle of nowhere;

So many cool routes in Wales, you can`t go wrong, i managed to clock up over 1100 miles just blatting about on the Big for 5 days.
    (i went to Liverpool as well - never been before)

In the middle of nowhere;

Looks like you have "curvy roads" set on the Nav; supposedly finds the windier roads beloved by motorcyclists, but invariably finds tricky little roads with gravel or grass up the middle.

Master

Hope this is OK

Bearing in mind my current situation (Stage 3 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma) if anyone would like to sponsor me for a few £’s on the Rhyl Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride in Sept I’d be very grateful..

Thanks in advance.

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundr...rewQuinn293338

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Bearing in mind my current situation (Stage 3 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma) if anyone would like to sponsor me for a few £’s on the Rhyl Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride in Sept I’d be very grateful..

Thanks in advance.

Done without hesitation.

No trip to Rhyl should go unrewarded.

^^^^^^^^

And done, all the best with the treatment Enoch

Thanks in advance.

Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supported with pleasure Enoch and you have my very best wishes.

Master
    Wow... thanks gents.... very kind of you all..👍👍

Enjoy the ride Enoch, hope it's a good one.

Master
    Enjoy the ride Enoch, hope it's a good one.
    Thank you...👍

Change of plan from replacing my Street Twin with a Tiger - one of these is now coming instead in September:

This should be a fun bike with the torque readily available across the range as well as (imo) looking awesome!

Just a little excited..
    Last edited by djjuk; 7th August 2019 at 15:45.

I recently bought a Speed Twin, it's a fantastic bike, you're going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I recently bought a Speed Twin, it's a fantastic bike, you're going to love it.

Thanks mate. I was trying to remember who on here got one recently. Glad you are enjoying it.

Yours looks very similar to how I have specced mine.

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Thanks mate. I was trying to remember who on here got one recently. Glad you are enjoying it.

Yours looks very similar to how I have specced mine.
    I went a bit mad on the Triumph options list and have done a lot to it since as well like TEC decat, Booster plug, Motone Rad guard, Triumph black levers, different engine badges and it's booked in for K-Tech front and rear suspension upgrade & setup at the end of the month.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 7th August 2019 at 16:19.

I went a bit mad on the Triumph options list and have done a lot to it since as well like TEC decat, Booster plug, Motone Rad guard and it's booked in for K-Tech front and rear suspension upgrade at the end of the month :)
    Have also gone a little mad on the options, it is (too) easily done. Ordered a TEC tail tidy as well today and have just been reading about the booster plug so will give that some thought once I get the bike.

Yes I got the dealer to do the TEC tail tidy before I collected it, I'd really recommend the Decat and Booster plug, bike runs much smoother now and sounds a lot better too. If you don't want it any louder just do the Booster plug especially if you ride in town.

I went a bit mad on the Triumph options list and have done a lot to it since as well like TEC decat, Booster plug, Motone Rad guard, Triumph black levers, different engine badges and it's booked in for K-Tech front and rear suspension upgrade & setup at the end of the month.
    Have also gone a little mad on the options, it is (too) easily done. Ordered a TEC tail tidy as well today and have just been reading about the booster plug so will give that some thought once I get the bike.
    Lovely, both - even in stock form it's a great bike.

Very easy to do.

My new Street Scrambler now has raised front mudguard, clock, light guard, BMW Nav VI, Givi luggage for touring, Triumph rugged pannier for daily use, power socket, Fox shocks, centre stand, heated grips, Scottoiler, side number board, Meerkat decat pipe on it's way and a Vance and Hines full system just in case...

Master
    Change of plan from replacing my Street Twin with a Tiger - one of these is now coming instead in September:

This should be a fun bike with the torque readily available across the range as well as (imo) looking awesome!

Just a little excited..

Just look at the wave of torque right throughout the range, fantastic. The torque curve for my two stroke looks like the slope of everest from 6.5k to 11 then drops like a stone.

Steve

Master
    The booster plug is a must have on these bikes.... I fitted one to my bobber, and my mates Thruxton. Both bike run so much smoother..

The booster plug is a must have on these bikes.... I fitted one to my bobber, and my mates Thruxton. Both bike run so much smoother..
    Totally agree, once you've tried the bike with it on you realise how nicely it can run, it should have been like this from the factory but the EU had to stick their big meddling nose in where it doesn't belong.

Totally agree, once you've tried the bike with it on you realise how nicely it can run, it should have been like this from the factory but the EU had to stick their big meddling nose in where it doesn't belong.
    Thanks both. Which one did you get? I see you can get various versions from Tec etc.

Master
    Thanks both. Which one did you get? I see you can get various versions from Tec etc.
    I got this one...

https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tr...joy-4687-p.asp

Same model for me but from TEC, this is the one you want with that logo, it's the original and best one apparently

Same model for me but from TEC, this is the one you want with that logo, it's the original and best one apparently
    It's the same one from TEC.

On my T120 the combination of:
    Booster Plug
    K&N air filter
    TEC x-pipe
    have made a big difference to smoothing out the power delivery throughout the revs.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Just a little excited..
    What bike is that, looks lovely