closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 11,701 to 11,729 of 11729

Thread: More bike related stuff

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Was my stipulation too but I had to cave in.

We have a front garden which will become a drive soon. Doubt there will be enough space for a bike and a car but thereís a chance as the car will most likely be diagonal. Got a bit of time yet.
    Indeed , something usually has to give be it the area or size of the property. At least youíve got winter to decide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I actually got all my previous bikes (Street Twin, Street Triple, R9T and Thruxton) through a standard width side gate; a bit of bar manipulation on the way through did the trick quite easily. Adventure bikes are a different proposition, though.
    Ainít that right:) I had a KTM 950 adventure that was always touching mirrors through traffic!! Great bike though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

More bike related stuff

Been fettling with the roadster and fitted a few farkles to make it mine. Now with the short days, really happy with the addition of the LED foglights, mounted on shorter MachineArt mounts to position them closer in and higher than standard. The 1250 motor in the lighter and short wheelbase R pulls harder than it ever did in the GS. Absolutely loving this new setup. The new Dunlop Mutants are also proving to be an exceptionally sticky tyre that also happens to be M+S rated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a lovely looking bike. Almost Urban GS meets Streetfighter! A great pic too.
    Is the screen effective?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That's a lovely looking bike. Almost Urban GS meets Streetfighter! A great pic too.
    Is the screen effective?
    I had never thought of the bike like that, but now you mention it... maybe that's what has been subliminally in the back of my mind for so long. Trying to find a screen for a naked bike has been such an [expensive] chore. Without any screen, the bike was really lovely - but when it was warmer. A large barndoor type screen still wasn't effective for my size/height/positioning. This combo of BMW sports/flyscreen + airscoop + MRA Tour-Xscreen seems to be quite ok: it simply reduces the amount of full airblast but keeps it relatively smooth and quiet. Will probably keep tinkering to see what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I had never thought of the bike like that, but now you mention it... maybe that's what has been subliminally in the back of my mind for so long. Trying to find a screen for a naked bike has been such an [expensive] chore. Without any screen, the bike was really lovely - but when it was warmer. A large barndoor type screen still wasn't effective for my size/height/positioning. This combo of BMW sports/flyscreen + airscoop + MRA Tour-Xscreen seems to be quite ok: it simply reduces the amount of full airblast but keeps it relatively smooth and quiet. Will probably keep tinkering to see what works best.
    I recommended the R1200r to a pal for short runs and his 2-up Spanish holidays: "That's a budget bike with a premium price-tag".

He eventually bought one in Feb 2017. "Best bike I have ever owned!"

A great 'scratching' bike, but wears panniers so well and returns a good tank range for touring.

This video from the Alps shows how good these bikes are..........................

I bought my R1200R in 2016 and haven't felt tempted to change it yet, it's definitely the most capable bike I've ever owned.

Great looking set up and colour scheme there squareparts

Here's my R1250R.

They are really fantastic bikes. BMW have come on a very long way in the past decade or two in terms of bringing their bikes properly up to date, even when using their traditional boxer engine. Everything about this bike is high-tech and the engine character and performance is amazing for something supposedly so old-fashioned.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I recommended the R1200r to a pal for short runs and his 2-up Spanish holidays: "That's a budget bike with a premium price-tag".

He eventually bought one in Feb 2017. "Best bike I have ever owned!"

A great 'scratching' bike, but wears panniers so well and returns a good tank range for touring.

This video from the Alps shows how good these bikes are..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I bought my R1200R in 2016 and haven't felt tempted to change it yet, it's definitely the most capable bike I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Here's my R1250R.

They are really fantastic bikes. BMW have come on a very long way in the past decade or two in terms of bringing their bikes properly up to date, even when using their traditional boxer engine. Everything about this bike is high-tech and the engine character and performance is amazing for something supposedly so old-fashioned.

Wow, I had no idea there was some R-love on TZ! Thanks guys for sharing your pics. The 105lbft torque of the 1250 makes it a real bruiser - even if it gives away some horsepower at the top end which has never bothered me. And Fazerboy, youíre right - it has all the modcons you could ever want on a bike. Yours looks great in black!

Absolutely love the r1200/1250.
    Tried a few, and they're pretty hard to fault.
    However the headlight spoils it for me (same with Speedtriples!)
    But the real deal breaker was the reflected light behind the screen at night. A real oversight by BMW imho.
    A fantastic bike spoilt by a few easily avoidable flaws.
    In every way it's a better bike than the R9T, just a pity they didn't use the same headlight unit.

Craftsman
    Another bike I should never had sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Absolutely love the r1200/1250.
    Tried a few, and they're pretty hard to fault.
    However the headlight spoils it for me (same with Speedtriples!)
    But the real deal breaker was the reflected light behind the screen at night. A real oversight by BMW imho.
    A fantastic bike spoilt by a few easily avoidable flaws.
    In every way it's a better bike than the R9T, just a pity they didn't use the same headlight unit.
    I ride my R1250R a lot at night and thereís no reflected light behind the screen. I donít believe the 1250 suffers from that issue.

As an all-rounder I canít find any fault with this bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    I ride my R1250R a lot at night and thereís no reflected light behind the screen. I donít believe the 1250 suffers from that issue.
    Agreed, Iím not sure what light is being talked about here? Iíve not noticed this on the GS either (1200 or 1250).

I wonder what will be unveiled at the NEC this year. Will we see the R1800GS do you think? The constant 'race' to be bigger and better just turns me right off. About time some properly capable middleweights were brought out, especially in this Greta derived world with every rising fuel prices and the need to conserve raw materials. I am glad I have got rid of my big bikes, I enjoy the smaller ones far more.

I think the GS has reached it's size V practicality limit so I can't imagine the engine getting much bigger as a dual purpose bike. 1300 tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I wonder what will be unveiled at the NEC this year. Will we see the R1800GS do you think? The constant 'race' to be bigger and better just turns me right off. About time some properly capable middleweights were brought out, especially in this Greta derived world with every rising fuel prices and the need to conserve raw materials. I am glad I have got rid of my big bikes, I enjoy the smaller ones far more.
    Thereís quite a few 650ish adventure bikes available now which are more than enough really.

When I was first riding 550/650 was considered a middleweight before moving up to the big bikes (750-1000cc). They also had a lot less power than modern bikes!

Master
    I think the GS has reached it's size V practicality limit so I can't imagine the engine getting much bigger as a dual purpose bike. 1300 tops.
    Im sure I read in Motor Cycle news about 6 months ago BMW have extended the registering of ď MĒ names. I believe M1300 was one of them. All their engine size changes on the boxers have been incremental eg 800/850/1000 etc. The 1800 was undoubtedly a concept that survived aimed at the big predominately US market.

Given the fact the 1250GS sits at the top of the UKís bike buying table , and has done for a few years then all changes will be subtle. I certainly see a M1300 with a sportier edge

Ah just found the MCN article

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...s/bmw-r1300gs/

It's only 'dual purpose' because that is what BMW market it as.

In reality - probably 95% (or more) of purchasers, get one for what it does for them ........... as a pure road bike. It remains one of the best all-purpose ROAD bikes and tours with ease. They don't care that it is a liability on the ParisDakar....

PCP uptake in recent years should help ensure that they 'upgrade' to schedule.

What is the best motorcycle helmet?

Great article Tony. Very interesting read. Looks like I made the right choices. I like my lids. Currently 2 Arai and 3 Shoei.

- - - Updated - - -

Great article Tony. Very interesting read. Looks like I made the right choices. I like my lids. Currently 2 Arai and 3 Shoei.
    ..oh and a BMW system 7!

Triumph Outlet is offering 70% off all prices using code BLACK70! Just picked up another jacket for about £65, from £450 (the first one was £150 from £600).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Triumph Outlet is offering 70% off all prices using code BLACK70! Just picked up another jacket for about £65, from £450 (the first one was £150 from £600).
    Tony just came on here to post the link and you beat me to it :)

7 tee shirts for the missus and I on the way £37 incl pp. Bonkers prices

I bought two Tees last week at just 50% off , the quality is very good

I was restrained and bought 2 pairs of thermal under trousers for £6.

I already have more than enough Triumph T-shirts than I care to count and 2 Triumph jackets

Some decent savings can be had on Sportsbikeshop today...

Shame I just bought a new set of Held gloves last week (£25 cheaper today)...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I was restrained and bought 2 pairs of thermal under trousers for £6.

I already have more than enough Triumph T-shirts than I care to count and 2 Triumph jackets
    I would have thought you have burned all those and replaced with shiny Norton tees :):):)

cheers Tony, but I was too slow with the code, sigh. If by a long shot anyone has the Beinn jacket in Med/large they didnt like, please let me know
    Last edited by samswatch; Yesterday at 14:24. Reason: added stuff

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    cheers Tony, but I was too slow with the code, sigh. If by a long shot anyone has the Beinn jacket in Med/large they didnt like, please let me know
    Don't want to upset you, but I actually got one in a medium and it's a bloody nice jacket

Hahaha, consider me upset lol. Glad you got one though, at least one of us did!