Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
I discovered last night that being in the outside lane of dual carriageway, overtaking while simultaneously encountering an engine shut down is not a nice experience.
Managed to coast and navigate safely to the hard shoulder thankfully.

Was on my Speedmaster 865. Managed to coax her back to life after a 30min rest, but she died again 5 minutes later.

Decided to head for home but not before another 3 cycles of it dying and needing 30mins between.

Put my OBD reader on it when I got home and seems to be an issue with the Cranshaft Position Sensor. Currently waiting a reply from my local Triumph parts dept about availability. I need to change the front sprocket anyway plus a couple of other jobs here and there, so think I’ll maybe buzz about on my Bonnie for now and sort the Speedmaster when the weather turns for the worse.
Had this on a Vauxhall once, cracking along in lane 3 making good pace when every light on the dashboard came on and all power from the engine ceased. Getting across 3 lanes of traffic without power is not fun. In my case it was a faulty plate in the battery, which stopped all power!

Were your riding trousers washable ?

Steve