Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
Both are not mutually exclusive.

It is clear you want another Triumph. I would have tested them last personally, in that case. Why would you refuse yourself the opportunity to see how other manufacturers have interpreted the concept?
BMW is the new reference so trying one would set a benchmark. The Africa Twin gets great reviews, and Honda has a rather enviable reputation and pedigree. Ducati doesn't enjoy the latter in terms of "adventure" off-road but would you really take your bike there? Otherwise, a cracking looking motor, too. Then HD, just because you can, and then, finally, the Triumph you want, to confirm your choice.
It would also help you to put in perspective the height issue.
I'd agree with you, Marc, save that I already know that the Africa Twin is far too big; and the Triumph beats the GS in terms of size, weight and price (although not performance, admittedly). Don't forget, too, that there are plenty of bikers on here who just go from one BMW to another because they like the marque. Me having a fondness for Triumph is no different and - as I've indicated - there are actually some very tangible advantages.