closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 53 of 354 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    My Dyna speedo’s been broken for 5 years. Never look at them really... ( no it’s not THAT slow )
    You’re saying your HD is the American equivalent of a Renault or a Citroen, where niggling things go wrong?
    Is it even road legal, without a speedo?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You’re saying your HD is the American equivalent of a Renault or a Citroen, where niggling things go wrong?
    It’s legal. Passes an mot each year... recorded mileage is 0000.
    It’s an Evo wide glide. Most reliable Harley engine ever built. No niggles just £500 for a new speedo. Doesn’t bother me so I don’t fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    The TFT on my Street Triple RS is very customisable. You can change the look and position of speedo, rev counter etc and have various combinations of info displayed as well. Next time I pull it of of the garage I’ll try and remember to take a couple of pice to show what i mean.

Later this year Triumph will also add bluetooth connectivity to those bikes with the TFT screen, and I understand this will have the capability to show your satnav from your phone. Now that could be a game changer, no more bulky add on sat nav on the bars.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    It’s legal. Passes an mot each year... recorded mileage is 0000.
    It’s an Evo wide glide. Most reliable Harley engine ever built. No niggles just £500 for a new speedo. Doesn’t bother me so I don’t fix it

I’ll push my luck a bit but if you haven’t posted one yet, can you show us a pic (of the bike)?
    Please?

Master
    Just collected my pristine 95 mile old Xdiavel and rode it home👍😎

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You got it dirty!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    You got it dirty!
    That 240 back tyre sure flings the muck around.... it looks like I’ve done the Paris/Dakar on it🤪🤪

Who needs a speedo anyhow?

Which wouldn’t have been an issue before a vehicle’s MOT history was available online.

Whenever I’ve been stopped by the police in the past, the speedo has read 0mph although I’m sure an eagle eyed copper with a bee in his bonnet would soon spot the 0000 miles odometer reading!

If the odometer is not working, how do you know when it’s due a service? Also what mileage are you going to say when you sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    If the odometer is not working, how do you know when it’s due a service? Also what mileage are you going to say when you sell?
    Quite short sighted for a £500 fix.

Craftsman

Cool

It does have advantages, he won't be able to see how little progress he gets out of that huge engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Following a thorough soaking and a totally miserable ride last bank holiday Monday, I finally got around to buying my first set of proper Gortex gear...

The wife treated me to some Triumph branded Gortex pants and a new Dainese Carve Master 2 jacket..

Can't go far wrong with Dainese
    All my gear, leather and textile is Dainese.
    Now on my 4th GoreTex touring jacket.
    Jackets & pants can be a mix and match as they use the same zips.
    Great stuff I recon, (not as good as Rukka, who I've fallen out of love with, £200 gloves goosed after 2 years of very very light use)
    Dainese crashes well too.
    The D Store in Manchester is pretty poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboydonald View Post
    It does have advantages, he won't be able to see how little progress he gets out of that huge engine.

More bike related stuff

I’ve just found out that Jamie Coward is the son of a mate of mine from when I was first riding bikes nearly forty years ago.

He was always quicker than me and I heard that he’d started racing a few years after I’d moved away.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 5th June 2019 at 22:33.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve just found out that Jamie Coward is the son of a mate of mine from when I was first riding bikes nearly forty years ago.

He was always quicker than me and I heard that he’d started raving a few years after I’d moved away.
    Raving?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

He was always quicker than me and I heard that he’d started raving a few years after I’d moved away.
    Does he do any racing...?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Raving?
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Does he do any racing...?
    All right smart arses, I’ve exited it now!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Ah, but once we’ve quoted you the shame will last forever...

At least it shows we’re reading your posts carefully...

Oh, good

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Oh, good
    Oh FFS, I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Ah, but once we’ve quoted you the shame will last forever...

At least it shows we’re reading your posts carefully...
    Clearly not carefully enough!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh FFS, I give up!
    I really did think it was a branch of motorcycling I wasn’t aware about.

Perhaps I was correct?

https://youtu.be/Q93v2PDQZm4

Evening all,

Are there any good recommendations for bike insurance? I’ve been off a bike for about 3, maybe 4 years now, so the NCD that I had built up is no longer valid.

I will try the usual comparison sites etc, I was just wondering if there were any gems out there worth knowing about?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took my wife for her first ride as a pillion this evening. Now wants to do DAS so she can have her own bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Evening all,

Are there any good recommendations for bike insurance? I’ve been off a bike for about 3, maybe 4 years now, so the NCD that I had built up is no longer valid.

I will try the usual comparison sites etc, I was just wondering if there were any gems out there worth knowing about?

Thanks

Go compare got the best for me. A mate re-started a while ago and the first year was a lot, but massively went down after.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Evening all,

Thanks

I got my renewal recently from Bennetts. Decided to give Bikesure a call to see if they could beat it like for like. After around 30 mins and on hold for ever they couldnt. The girl asked what i had been quoted, so i told her and she said she would go and ‘ask someone else’ to see if they could get a better quote. I asked her to ring back. She called me back and beat Bennetts by £90 ish. The whole point is wtf didnt she do this in the first place. Anyway, i asked her to mail me the quote and she agreed to call after the weekend to discuss further. She did neither.

I then went online on the MCN quote line thingy and managed to beat the Bikesure quote by another £90 ish !!

It worked for me so maybe give it a try, I will save nearly £200 on my original renewal quote.

Stuart

Evening all,

Are there any good recommendations for bike insurance?
    The only topic of motorcycle discussion that will give you more varied an opinion than `what oil` or `what tyres` is `which insurance`.
    Ask a dozen folk and you`ll get a dozen answers.

Saying that (!) i`ll give my recommendation - Peter James.

Although, i am going to try and lean on them this year as i`ve just had my premium renewal quote and it`s ~15% more than last year but more importantly has gone over the physcological one hundred quid barrier for the first time....

Thanks Chaps,

I’ve had a good look online and made a few calls, it’s a bit of a shame I’ve gone out of scope for the NCD but I’ve managed to get it down to a respectable price with the usual add ons, shame it’s not what I was paying in 2015, which was just £74.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I got my renewal recently from Bennetts. Decided to give Bikesure a call to see if they could beat it like for like. After around 30 mins and on hold for ever they couldnt. The girl asked what i had been quoted, so i told her and she said she would go and ‘ask someone else’ to see if they could get a better quote. I asked her to ring back. She called me back and beat Bennetts by £90 ish. The whole point is wtf didnt she do this in the first place. Anyway, i asked her to mail me the quote and she agreed to call after the weekend to discuss further. She did neither.

I then went online on the MCN quote line thingy and managed to beat the Bikesure quote by another £90 ish !!

It worked for me so maybe give it a try, I will save nearly £200 on my original renewal quote.

Stuart

Similar experience of Bikesure - complete waste of time IMO.

I do an annual service ( do it myself )
    I used to build choppers so I know what needs doing when...
    I’ve got no plans to sell. If you know these engines you can tell a good tight one by how it sounds. Mileage isn’t really relevant on a bike from the 90’s with this engine. I know a guy in the US that has over 500,000 on one with no rebuild.

I’ll push my luck a bit but if you haven’t posted one yet, can you show us a pic (of the bike)?
    Please?

My other one:

Thank you. Love the first one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Evening all,

Thanks

Rather surprisingly, my car insurer, LV, were the best I found for my Hayabusa. I think I was with Hastings for my bikes beforehand - Suzukis of 1250cc and 750cc and Yam of 1000cc - all under 200gbp. Hastings quoted 520 for the 'Busa but LV were around 210

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Collected my Speed Twin on Saturday and put nearly 100 miles on it, loving it so far.

Had a little sit on one of these yesterday at the local dealer, very impressed. If things go how I hope in the next month or two and subject to test ride I think I'm going to get one...had my Striple 11 years now and whilst it still rides as good as the day I bought it and I still really like it think the Speed Twin ticks a lot of boxes for me as a potential change

Just back from a taster observation session with the IAM following on from recently attending the bikesafe course (which I really enjoyed).

Have to admit I was a little apprehensive on what to expect when you look at some of the comments and feedback on the IAM. But it was a great ride out for the full morning and I think I will go for it. My observer was a national observer and a top bloke as well whilst also local to me so that probably helped.

Doing all of this does show how basic the standard required to pass your A license is though. Learning a lot more now which ultimately is my aim.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Rather surprisingly, my car insurer, LV, were the best I found for my Hayabusa. I think I was with Hastings for my bikes beforehand - Suzukis of 1250cc and 750cc and Yam of 1000cc - all under 200gbp. Hastings quoted 520 for the 'Busa but LV were around 210

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Same here, although I’m with Aviva. They absolutely slaughtered every other quote I got.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Just back from a taster observation session with the IAM following on from recently attending the bikesafe course (which I really enjoyed).

Have to admit I was a little apprehensive on what to expect when you look at some of the comments and feedback on the IAM. But it was a great ride out for the full morning and I think I will go for it. My observer was a national observer and a top bloke as well whilst also local to me so that probably helped.

Doing all of this does show how basic the standard required to pass your A license is though. Learning a lot more now which ultimately is my aim.
    I'm 80% of the way through the IAM course, and I've enjoyed all the sessions so far. My group rotates the observers for each session (a good thing, I think), and their styles, advice and standards do vary quite a bit. However, I think the principles are sound and I know my riding safety has improved significantly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Same here, although I’m with Aviva. They absolutely slaughtered every other quote I got.
    Also using Aviva. As a new starter with zero no-claims, they came out better than all of the other big-name companies.

Master
    Decided to pull the trigger and picked up a Rallye HP with the Billet pack and all the trinkets. My 3rd GS! New 1250 motor is super smooth compared to the outgoing 1200 and pulls quite a bit stronger, even when compared to my 1200 which was Hilltopped. Had never ridden the 1250 until collection today! Now to get it run in by Wednesday...

Very nice! Impulse buy?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Decided to pull the trigger and picked up a Rallye HP with the Billet pack and all the trinkets. My 3rd GS! New 1250 motor is super smooth compared to the outgoing 1200 and pulls quite a bit stronger, even when compared to my 1200 which was Hilltopped. Had never ridden the 1250 until collection today! Now to get it run in by Wednesday...

Some nice upgrades there , hand guards, sump guard, spots, screen extender , pannier fit, head guards to name a few. Im hearing some good reports of the 1250 over on UKGSER , folk seem to rate them.

Master
    Very nice! Impulse buy?
    It was! Had no intention of selling or buying anything other than getting some food at their superbike event, but the salesman seemed ultra keen to do some biz. He worked hard to get me to sign lol!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Some nice upgrades there , hand guards, sump guard, spots, screen extender , pannier fit, head guards to name a few. Im hearing some good reports of the 1250 over on UKGSER , folk seem to rate them.
    The Rallye TE came with the HP Billet pack: milled mirrors, fluid pots, adjustable pegs and gearshift, adjustable brake and clutch levers, engine cover, and cylinder head covers all milled from beautiful solid ally. It’s a beautiful upgrade.

Transferred over my fogs, GSA screen with XScreen, screen support brackets, Bumot panniers, and a few other bits from the outgoing R1200. Will get some miles in this weekend!

Master

Stunning. Ride safe.

Very very nice and some tasteful upgrades. Will you go full system or change the exhaust?

just do one of the comparison searches and choose the cheapest one (or cheapest one that fits your criteria ) , theres no loyalty with insurance companys-they are all out to rip you off , cheapest for me last year was MCE @£280 fully comp for a speed triple with one yrs NCB.

I have a hankering for an older GS to add to the R9T in the garage.

Budget around £4K.

Has anyone any experience with the R1100 or 1150 GSs?

Short in stature so I’d probably consider one of the suspension lowering kits that drop the bike 30mm if anyone has direct experience?