closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 346 of 359 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,300 of 17917

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I've carried out an oil breather modification to my Rapide over the last couple of weekends to try and lessen the amount I leave on the floor after a run! Having completed it today I went out for a 40mile ride to check everything was functioning ok, and to see if the mod has actually reduced the amount of drips. I'm please to say it's now down to one existing drip (a single drop after a run) which is coming from the gearbox as opposed to the engine. I'm very pleased!

A kind chap I was chatting to took a load of photos/videos of the bike whilst it was at H's diner and sent me them via whatsapp, one of which is above.
    Is the front cylinder running slightly weak? Or do these Vincents use single skin down pipes.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    They ain't cheap compared with 3-4yrs ago.
    Aye, nothing is.

Bikespeed.co.uk have them at £275 but that would have only saved you a tenner. They often do good offers though.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 12th February 2024 at 12:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Aye, nothing is.

Bikespeed.co.uk have them at £275 but that would have only saved you a tenner. They often do good offers though.

Yeah, I actually looked at them first but after looking at lots of other places for Road5 and RoadAttacks - I kind of lost sight of the Bikespeed ones

The forecast promised sunshine by the sea, so I went north over Blakey Ridge and then over to Whitby. I'm now overlooking Robin Hood's Bay, and will go down the coast to North Landing

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Is the front cylinder running slightly weak? Or do these Vincents use single skin down pipes.
    Single skin downpipes, I don't think double skinned ones were a thing back then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    He has one and doesn’t think the slanted ones will fit, his is square Attachment 20734

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think those are the Krauser ones on that.

Master
    13° out so had to get out for an hours blast and a coffee on Dover seafront
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Sunday forecast for the Moors:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    13° out so had to get out for an hours blast and a coffee on Dover seafront
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    We saw 16 deg C in Llandudno today , ten days ago we were minus one , bonkers weather

Master
    TMax boys are out today

Have ridden up Blakey Ridge and across to Whitby again. This time I'm going to go south on the slower Pickering road popping into Goathland.

PS — I went through Goathland at just the right moment.....

I hit 2,000 miles as I rode along the edge of the Wolds, the Vale beneath twinkling in the late afternoon sun. 1½ miles later I did the wonderful descent down into Leavening. And then I forgot a left turn and ended up communing with some very large puddles near the Derwent.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 18th February 2024 at 18:13.

Went to The London Motorcycle Show on Saturday.

It was OK, but no Ducati stand & no Honda stand apart from display charting the history of the Fire Blade.

There were a few deals on kit, but I don't really need anything at the moment.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Have ridden up Blakey Ridge and across to Whitby again. This time I'm going to go south on the slower Pickering road popping into Goathland.

PS — I went through Goathland at just the right moment.....

I hit 2,000 miles as I rode along the edge of the Wolds, the Vale beneath twinkling in the late red lovely afternoon sun. 1½ miles later I did the wonderful descent down into Leavening. And then I forgot a left turn and ended up communing with some very large puddles near the Derwent.
    You are certainly finding some lovely roads, the decent into Leavening I think you are talking about is indeed very nice. Once I gave up sports bikes I had a single cylinder Honda NX650 Dominator which was perfect for the tiny back roads of the wolds and moors. In truth I enjoyed the slow pace of a single much more than a multi cylinder. I can’t ride any more but I do enjoy your tales of all the roads local to me.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

It was OK, but no Ducati stand & no Honda stand apart from display charting the history of the Fire Blade.

I know someone who was exhibiting, wished they hadn't

Master

I noticed Piaggio were missing so thats Aprilla & Guzzi out, who both have new interesting bikes Stelvio & 457 in particular.

Edinburgh main Honda dealer told me: "in 2019 we were selling 20 fireblades a year - now we are selling 1 per year"

Honda have lost the superbike stakes to Yamaha, BMW, Kawasaki and Suzuki (think that is the correct order) and the general downturn in sportsbike sales.

Lovely run from mine to Ambleside and back today, over the top of Kirkstone pass and back again via Hartside and Alston. Loving my GS1250, treated it today to some E10 petrol and stuck it in Dynamic mode for some twisties, bloody thing felt as good as my Street Triple through then…

Roll on the NC500 and the summer…
    Last edited by Martylaa; 19th February 2024 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Lovely run from mine to Ambleside and back today, over the top of Kirkstone pass and back again via Hartside and Alston. Loving my GS1250, treated it today to some E10 petrol and stuck it in Dynamic mode for some twisties, bloody thing felt as good as my Street Triple through them…

Roll on the NC500 and the summer…
    Why on earth would you opt for E10 as opposed to E5?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Why on earth would you opt for E10 as opposed to E5?
    I thought the same. I presume he means the other way round.
    I got out on the Triumph yesterday for a few hours. Dry roads and warm temperatures. It’ll probably be snowing again next week so I made the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    I thought the same. I presume he means the other way round.
    I got out on the Triumph yesterday for a few hours. Dry roads and warm temperatures. It’ll probably be snowing again next week so I made the most of it.

Sorry, wrong way round...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A solid few hours in the garage listening to Rory Gallagher and working on the bike.😎

This is beginning to look like that lovely Harley you had.

Been reading up on pretty much everything there is available regarding the upgraded 2024 Tiger GT Pro… I have to say, what an absolutely superb bike it is now. A genuine contender with regard to all the other adventure bikes out there, IMO, and a bike I would love to own again as a companion to my Bonnie.

Master
    Been reading up on pretty much everything there is available regarding the upgraded 2024 Tiger GT Pro… I have to say, what an absolutely superb bike it is now. A genuine contender with regard to all the other adventure bikes out there, IMO, and a bike I would love to own again as a companion to my Bonnie.
    That would be a great pair of bikes.

Have they got rid of those vibrations???

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Have they got rid of those vibrations???
    Largely.

Honda have lost the superbike stakes to Yamaha, BMW, Kawasaki and Suzuki (think that is the correct order) and the general downturn in sportsbike sales.
    You missed Ducati & Suzuki discontinued the GSXR 1000 a while ago, but yes, Honda are a long way from the dominant force they once were in motorcycle racing.

They still sell more bikes than the other Japanese brands so their no show was disappointing.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    You are certainly finding some lovely roads, the decent into Leavening I think you are talking about is indeed very nice.... I can’t ride any more but I do enjoy your tales of all the roads local to me.
    That's very nice to hear, thank you ☺

I've had a few other descents around there recommended to me: into Nunburnholme from Londesborough; down from Huggate to Millington Pasture, and from the main road into Bishop Wilton

You missed Ducati & Suzuki discontinued the GSXR 1000 a while ago, but yes, Honda are a long way from the dominant force they once were in motorcycle racing.

They still sell more bikes than the other Japanese brands so their no show was disappointing.
    Yeah, I hadn't realised that Suzuki had stopped production.

R-1 sales seem to continue nicely, though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That's very nice to hear, thank you ☺

I've had a few other descents around there recommended to me: into Nunburnholme from Londesborough; down from Huggate to Millington Pasture, and from the main road into Bishop Wilton
    I haven’t been down that way for a while. It’s worth a ride out for the place names alone!

Perhaps the fact they sell more bikes than the other Japanese brands means that when budgets are tight they don't need to spend money on expensive advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Perhaps the fact they sell more bikes than the other Japanese brands means that when budgets are tight they don't need to spend money on expensive advertising.
    Annual Moto GP budget?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Yeah, I hadn't realised that Suzuki had stopped production.

R-1 sales seem to continue nicely, though.
    Not for much longer.

Sad to see but that's just the market today. The yoot have no interest in bikes beyond cheap transport and the ones who made litre sportsbikes the best selling category 20 years ago can no longer fit on them so are buying nakeds and adventure bikes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Not for much longer.

Sad to see but that's just the market today. The yoot have no interest in bikes beyond cheap transport and the ones who made litre sportsbikes the best selling category 20 years ago can no longer fit on them so are buying nakeds and adventure bikes instead.

Wow! I wonder who will be last man standing?

That rather nice-looking Benelli on SC isn’t getting much interest, is it?

It was a ‘new bike day’ today… and even got it home without getting wet…

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post

Ooh, that’s nice!

That rather nice-looking Benelli on SC isn’t getting much interest, is it?
    I think it's because if it breaks it's a problem, I had a Tre RS a few years ago, one of the best handling bikes I have owned

Master
    Love the Z1000 hhh..

As for me, I collected a load of parts that’ve been ceramic coated. I can make a bit more progress on the Bobber now.👍

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I think it's because if it breaks it's a problem, I had a Tre RS a few years ago, one of the best handling bikes I have owned
    I thought the TNT was the one known for its supreme handing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Ooh, that’s nice!
    Thanks mate.

It’s a 1978 A2 with 2 previous owners and 16,000 miles on it.

Thanks mate.

It’s a 1978 A2 with 2 previous owners and 16,000 miles on it.
    Stop showing off.

I don't think so, the various tornado's were very good especially the RS and LE, the thing was on rails and could out corner the blade a had at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so, the various tornado's were very good especially the RS and LE, the thing was on rails and could out corner the blade a had at the same time.

Very nice, congratulations

Master
    Motorlegends Sunday promotion is additional 15% off their sale items.

Code is SAL15

Believed the forecast and set off west towards unpromising skies. As I reaching Grassington the sun finally got through and so I felt ok going up Littondale to Halton Gill and then up onto the pass that skirts the south side of Pen y Gent. That had some very special moments.

Unfortunately once I was onto the Settle Horton road I had to interact with one of those groups of bikers behaving like mummy duck and her three little ducklings. Bike 1 passed me fine, Bike 2 followed in its footsteps ok, but Bike 3 didn't have a clue, nor the balls to overtake confidently, and took so long over it that he almost ran out of road before the next sharp bend. They're now in the same cafe as me in Hawes. I recognise mummy ducks bikr and Biker 3's jacket. Battling the temptation to introduce myself.

Usually the 'ducklings' blindly follow mama-duck.

Many people in Hawes on bikes today? Ribblehead viaduct is fantastic in sunset.

Yes, lots of bikes in Hawes compared to my previous time there. Much better weather, so not surprised. I did talk to the mother duck as I was getting back on my bike. He disowned the ducklings, claimed he was riding on his own lol.

I came south on those roads that run alongside the A1M, Bedale down to the A59. Very straight, very wide, very empty, I got home in the half time. 161 miles in total today. Now to give my chain some TLC

Master
    Not far from the Brigands Inn. Beautiful day and great views.

Ordered some tyres for the Street Scrambler.

Going to do a tubeless conversion before I fit them I think.

Got back from a 90 mile swim in the East Riding mud and found I had won £100 in the Puncture Lottery woo hoo

Fortunately I'm within walking distance of a repair shop, so it's already dropped off.