closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357
Results 17,801 to 17,815 of 17815

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    By a strange quirk, I happened to pass the Superbike Factory in Milton Keynes with about an hour slack in my schedule.

So I thought it would rude not to pop in.
    We`re visiting Bletchley Park soon and i`m going to `find` an hour in our schedule to have a peruse, too.

Did you see any 1290 Super Dukes.....?

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    We`re visiting Bletchley Park soon and i`m going to `find` an hour in our schedule to have a peruse, too.
    If you see a black chap that looks about 45 (but is in fact 60) show him a watch to get his attention :-)

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Did you see any 1290 Super Dukes.....?
    I didn't notice any but then I wasn't looking out for them.

When I passed this pub on Thursday, I felt guilty for not stopping, what with it being called The CB Inn:

Last edited by Der Amf; Today at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Woke this morning to the news that my octogenarian mum has put herself in hospital with a broken something, so I guess my mileage is going to take a step up as I swap my enthusiastic beginner's mindset for a proper rain and shine attitude (temporarily)
    How sick am I of the A1079? Very sick. What a tedious road. Have done 425 miles in the last 5 days. Yesterday going over the Wolds the headwind really had it in for me, wouldn't have gone out in that just for pleasure.

Often in this big-bike-focused environment, I see people being dismissive of the performance of the 500s, but when I watch Schaaf on any of them (or the 300R for that matter) I know that the limiting factor is not going to be the bike, but me. Not that I ever want to ride like that, but if I did, I would have thought that becoming a better, more technically adept rider would be the way forward, not just adding extra power to mediocre abilities.
    Big bikes are addictive but smaller bikes that you can push closer to their limits are more fun in the real world.

Master
    How sick am I of the A1079? Very sick. What a tedious road. Have done 425 miles in the last 5 days. Yesterday going over the Wolds the headwind really had it in for me, wouldn't have gone out in that just for pleasure.
    That’s why now I go out when the the weathers fair and I enjoy my rides

Looking for some opinion’s from the TZ guys who love their bikes.

I’m set on a Thruxton and love the look of the FE but I’ve recently discovered they made the TFC and again it’s a work of art.

Torn on which model to go for.
    Thruxton TFC.

Thruxton FE.

If you had the choice which one would you go for please? I’m pretty sure I know which one I’d like the most but keen to hear some different thoughts to my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ No question at all for me - got to be the FE. It’ll have a fantastic cult fan base and will always be special.

Tough choice ! But - I think I'm landing on the side of the FE.

Are the bars and pegs the same on each?

If they ain't the same, I suspect the FE will be more comfortable - as well as being (slightly) better looking.

It’s got to be the FE.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Tough choice ! But - I think I'm landing on the side of the FE.

Are the bars and pegs the same on each?

If they ain't the same, I suspect the FE will be more comfortable - as well as being (slightly) better looking.
    The bars on the FE are the higher sided clip on's, thanks for your views gents...

Master
    The FE all day long.

FE for sure.

Master
    Went to a local bike meet tonight and was wondering how this XDiavel owner gets away with this?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Looking for some opinion’s from the TZ guys who love their bikes.

I’m set on a Thruxton and love the look of the FE but I’ve recently discovered they made the TFC and again it’s a work of art.

If you had the choice which one would you go for please? I’m pretty sure I know which one I’d like the most but keen to hear some different thoughts to my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Having owned a TFC (bobber) I’d say that it’s a bit more special than the FE. Even now you can’t buy the parts for any TFC unless you can prove ownership. It was a proper limited run and came with a special binder showing the build etc etc.

In saying that, my mate with the Thruxton R with a fairing is now struggling with the riding position and I suspect I’ll be removing the nose cone and fitting higher bars sometome soon.

In conclusion I really believe the TFC to be more special than the FE, but I suspect actually riding the bikes, the FE will be more usable and it’s still a special bike.

If riding position isn’t important I’d toss a coin.