closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 283 of 354 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,150 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Had ceramic coating and film put on the KTM. Not cheap but what a brilliant job. Great day to be out for the ride home too!

IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Any recommendations for a few day's riding in Tenerife?

I'm piggybacking on a friend's holiday but in the daytime I'll basically be on my own with a rented motorbike for three days.
    I'm staying at the very south of the island but happy to ride all day - go somewhere nice for lunch and then ride back.
    This is something I’m thinking about too- I’ve friends with a place there I’ve access to

I bought a shoei gt air 2 with Sena mesh at motorcycle live which arrived today. Snuck off for a ride this afternoon, amazing helmet- so quiet, comfortable and the tech just works. If you’re looking for a new lid, highly recommended!

Journeyman
    Does anyone here with a t120 or has ridden one have any opinions on what it would be like as a first bike? Got my licence back in 2019 but yet to pull the trigger on a bike.

Planning on selling my BMW HP2Sport next year, and agreed to sell the Akrapovic titanium race exhaust to a fella in Bulgaria - so out to the garage this morning to remove it (surprisingly easy) and wipe it down with GT85 and pack up for his collection.

When you compare it to the original BMW exhaust (which ain't exactly heavy) - it is featherweight!

Sorry to see it go, but makes sense.

Craftsman
    My poor old T7 has been through some hard trails, and I put a massive dink in the Leo Vince can I had fitted in a little tumble.
    I wasn't even on the bike. I got myself stuck on a nasty set of rocky steps, got off the bike to walk it back down, slipped and the bike landed on an anvil point rock.

It was still serviceable, but looked a bit too beaten up really. Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.

I was nervous buying from there, but the guy was a star, and I am really pleased with both the seller, who went the extra mile with packing and quick postage, and the Wings when I had it in my hands.

It looks and sounds fantastic. Possibly a bit more fruity sounding than I expected but wow, definately worth the price!

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    My poor old T7 has been through some hard trails, and I put a massive dink in the Leo Vince can I had fitted in a little tumble.
    Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.
    It looks and sounds fantastic. Possibly a bit more fruity sounding than I expected but wow, definately worth the price!
    Unlucky...but the Wings does look good

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I wasn't even on the bike. I got myself stuck on a nasty set of rocky steps, got off the bike to walk it back down, slipped and the bike landed on an anvil point rock.

It was still serviceable, but looked a bit too beaten up really. Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.

I was nervous buying from there, but the guy was a star, and I am really pleased with both the seller, who went the extra mile with packing and quick postage, and the Wings when I had it in my hands.

Very nice - keep thinking of an am can for mine - the wings look good

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Unlucky...but the Wings does look good
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Very nice - keep thinking of an am can for mine - the wings look good
    If the dB level doesn't offend you the Wings is the way to go. I do prefer the looks of the Leo Vince, but this sounds great. I might change my mind once I get a decent amount of miles on it though, I generally prefer a quieter bike.

Master
    Lovely ride out around N Wales today..Sunshine, and hardly anyone on the roads, just the job for a relaxing time..

So the 2008 GSXR 750 I’ve had since 2009 and was my only bike until 2014 when I converted it to track use only, is sold and will be collected on Wednesday evening.
    The buyer is also having my trailer, tyre warmers and other bits and pieces for track day riding.

It’s the end of an era for me. I’ve been doing bike track days since 2005, but got really into them in 2014. However the last 18 months I’ve just not been properly “on it” and not getting the same buzz from track riding.

I’ll probably still do the odd day on my road bike, but I’m planning to focus on car track days for the next few years.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Must be mad. -3 at 9am but roads drizabone. But nonetheless, hardly biking temps at low levels. Many of the passes about to close if not already closed. But in the distance I can see the sun the Italian side of the Alps.

Ah sod it, collection time Friday I think.

Any recommendations for a few day's riding in Tenerife?

I'm piggybacking on a friend's holiday but in the daytime I'll basically be on my own with a rented motorbike for three days.
    I'm staying at the very south of the island but happy to ride all day - go somewhere nice for lunch and then ride back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    This is something I’m thinking about too- I’ve friends with a place there I’ve access to
    a) I thoroughly recommend it
    b) I don't have the time or bandwidth to post individual photos here but here's a link to some from today's ride: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SbsAcziBgE6zsENq6

Foly Huck!!!!!

The BMW S1000r has gone bonkers! 206 bhp!

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...es/bmw-m1000r/

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Foly Huck!!!!!

Looks great, but I might have to remove the wings (if I were ever to get one, which is unlikely)

I`ve got an R18 overnight whilst my GS gets serviced.
    Like: Grunt, shove, 70mph @ 2500rpm!, cartoon-like engine.
    Dislikes: Too quiet, no heated seat/grips, chrome everywhere, odd handling.
    Felt a bit of a clown on it..

Foly Huck!!!!!

It was announced a while back.

If I didn’t already have my S1000r the M would be tempting but:-

The more desirable black version is £25k complete with all the carbon bits. I wouldn’t actually want CF wheels. The forged ally ones would be great. I expect there will be more flexibility in purchasing options down the line.

Would I (or almost anyone) make much use of the extra power on the road? Increased top speed is certainly pretty pointless on a naked. I’ve not yet topped mine out yet, but hanging on even at 90% of the top speed was pretty unpleasant.

Hearing about this bike having lower gearing than my bike despite the extra power was the inspiration for me dropping a tooth of the front sprocket which has made a decent difference to the acceleration. The acceleration on the M must be crazy if you really go for it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    hanging on even at 90% of the top speed was pretty unpleasant.
    ...which is why i think super nakeds are a totally flawed motorcycle...

The other 89 are magic.

a) I thoroughly recommend it
    b) I don't have the time or bandwidth to post individual photos here but here's a link to some from today's ride: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SbsAcziBgE6zsENq6
    Still recommended.
    Today's album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4Xmb1KfJhq3JonmVA
    although the bike rental company have just told me there's a weather warning issued for Tenerife tomorrow (strong winds and heavy rain) so they may be recalling the bikes.

1 degree C and low cloud and mist - very enticing. Fortunately they are closed until Tuesday!

Going to make a few small mods. Hp Corse Hydro-Tre Satin to replace the stock pipes, bar end mirrory and new indicators, frame protectors, and a tail tidy. Inevitably more will follow the Spring. It's bitingly cold but the roads are bone dry, so a few gentle ride outs before the snow is too hard to resist, especially when I can see in the distance the sun is shining over the Alps in Italy.

Still recommended.
    although the bike rental company have just told me there's a weather warning issued for Tenerife tomorrow (strong winds and heavy rain) so they may be recalling the bikes.
    Would you mine dropping me a PM with the rental details when you have a minute?

Master
    Still recommended.
    Thanks looks fab
    Dry today so might get out for a little spin

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    ...which is why i think super nakeds are a totally flawed motorcycle...
    Each to their own but I disagree. Some have more power than most riders can make use of, but then so do super bikes.

What they are is great fun to ride up to a certain speed. More mid range shove and better visibility than a super bike makes clearing traffic really easy, which on the crowed roads in the South East, is very useful and allows enjoyable riding more of the time.

I’m very pleased with my move back to another S1000R (via a CCM and a GSX-S) from my S1000RR which was a superb bike, but too easy to ride at huge speeds.
    Last edited by andy tims; 4th December 2022 at 15:58.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Would you mine dropping me a PM with the rental details when you have a minute?
    I'll pop it on here in case anyone else is interested.
    They are Easy Rider. If you're down this end of the island (they are one junction West of the airport (Sur) I completely recommend them. They are very easy to deal with and professional before and during the rental and have (in my opinion) an interesting selection of bikes.

And here's today's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2UA2XLfkSJkzdiDo7

Bring a decent jacket and gloves - the roads up the mountains are great but much colder than the coast.

I'll pop it on here in case anyone else is interested.
    They are Easy Rider. If you're down this end of the island (they are one junction West of the airport (Sur) I completely recommend them. They are very easy to deal with and professional before and during the rental and have (in my opinion) an interesting selection of bikes.

And here's today's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2UA2XLfkSJkzdiDo7

Bring a decent jacket and gloves - the roads up the mountains are great but much colder than the coast.
    Brilliant, thanks. Just a few q’s…

1. How did you find riding on the right - any hairy moments?
    2. What sort of cost is it (I couldn’t see anything on the website)?
    3. What are your thoughts about the Guzzi?
    4. Are we talking more than a mesh jacket (thinking about size and weight in the suitcase)?

Many thanks in advance

4. Are we talking more than a mesh jacket (thinking about size and weight in the suitcase)?

Many thanks in advance
    An oft-asked question.

You immediately adapt, BUT actively THINK about ‘RIGHT’ when coming out of petrol stations and carparks - those are the areas which can catch you out.

After 3,000m of riding on the right - the big shock was getting off the ferry at Portsmouth/Newcastle - and hitting the first roundabout.

Master
    An oft-asked question.

You immediately adapt, BUT actively THINK about ‘RIGHT’ when coming out of petrol stations and carparks - those are the areas which can catch you out.

After 3,000m of riding on the right - the big shock was getting off the ferry at Portsmouth/Newcastle - and hitting the first roundabout.
    100% agree with Blackal. No issues coming of the ferry , picking the bike up, first thing in the morning. Its the simple stuff. Getting lost, overshooting a junction, do a U turn, and bang you set off on the wrong side.

The key thing is remember you are holiday and slow everything down. Unlike a hire car , your bars are still in the right place, eg no lefty steering wheel.

I had to laugh at Blackals last point, after two weeks of driving in Spain on the right, we arrived at Heathrow in a true pea souper. I collected my car , tried to navigate all the T2/3/T1 junctions in thick fog, ended up on the wrong side of a service road, no other traffic except…………a police car!

Officer was brilliant accepting it was foggy, I wasnt drunk! And I was genuinely lost!

Many thanks in advance
    I had no problem riding on the right but my wife is Dutch and I work quite a bit in Sweden (pre-Covid) and the US and am used to driving on the right.

Costs... go into the online booking bit but I think mine was 140E for the first day then 100 for extra days (plus insurance)

The Guzzi... well, I was very tempted to buy a V7 when I bought my Caballero 500 so it was a bit of a risk taking one out - I could easily have come away from these 3 days thinking I'd made the wrong choice. Apart from the side-to-side wobble when I started it up it was actually very similar to ride. It is a bit more powerful and a bit heavier then mine so I prefer the 'flickability' (maybe a mountain biking term) of mine but I liked the extra grunt. If I only had one bike I'd prefer the Guzzi but as I am I'll stick the Caballero and something else (which is not my ER6F) for longer/faster rides.
    Ignoring my short/medium term bike swapping thoughts though the V7 seems very well suited to Tenerife riding.

Jackets... we are definitely talking more than a mesh jacket. I very nearly brought mine but I am so glad I brought my (Merlin) waxed cotton jacket. It was 2c on the top roads today while it was 20+ on the coast.

I had no problem riding on the right but my wife is Dutch and I work quite a bit in Sweden (pre-Covid) and the US and am used to driving on the right.

Costs... go into the online booking bit but I think mine was 140E for the first day then 100 for extra days (plus insurance)

The Guzzi... well, I was very tempted to buy a V7 when I bought my Caballero 500 so it was a bit of a risk taking one out - I could easily have come away from these 3 days thinking I'd made the wrong choice. Apart from the side-to-side wobble when I started it up it was actually very similar to ride. It is a bit more powerful and a bit heavier then mine so I prefer the 'flickability' (maybe a mountain biking term) of mine but I liked the extra grunt. If I only had one bike I'd prefer the Guzzi but as I am I'll stick the Caballero and something else (which is not my ER6F) for longer/faster rides.
    Ignoring my short/medium term bike swapping thoughts though the V7 seems very well suited to Tenerife riding.

Jackets... we are definitely talking more than a mesh jacket. I very nearly brought mine but I am so glad I brought my (Merlin) waxed cotton jacket. It was 2c on the top roads today while it was 20+ on the coast.
    Thanks for that, very helpful.

Master
    Tony re clothing. We did a fly ride to Andalusia in mid summer, temps we mostly 20/35 deg C. Following year we did the Italian lakes in August, some of the passes were closed due to snow we had 2-35 deg C. In Tenerife Teide temps will be starkly cooler than the coast. My suggestion is layering and a vented rather than mesh jkt depending on the time of year.

Google is you friend on max min temps for the area and time of year. Enjoy the planning, its often as much fun as the trip :)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony re clothing. We did a fly ride to Andalusia in mid summer, temps we mostly 20/35 deg C. Following year we did the Italian lakes in August, some of the passes were closed due to snow we had 2-35 deg C. In Tenerife Teide temps will be starkly cooler than the coast. My suggestion is layering and a vented rather than mesh jkt depending on the time of year.

Google is you friend on max min temps for the area and time of year. Enjoy the planning, its often as much fun as the trip :)

Steve
    Cheers, Steve - good advice as always.

Master
    Cheers, Steve - good advice as always.
    No worries T, only wish I had followed my own advice on top of the passes, we were freezing AND we were wearing every item of clothing we had brought with us!

New bike day for me today, shame it won’t be getting ridden until March, bloody English winters…

New Kawasaki Z900RS SE, came a lot quicker than I thought bearing in mind last year’s orders took a year to deliver, only three months for me.

What a bloody stunner, and the paintwork is gorgeous up close.
    4 cylinder engines sounds great as well compared to the Z650RS I had.

Roll on the warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    New bike day for me today, shame it won’t be getting ridden until March, bloody English winters…

New Kawasaki Z900RS SE, came a lot quicker than I thought bearing in mind last year’s orders took a year to deliver, only three months for me.

Lovely!

I saw one at the bike show; it makes the standard Z900RS look slightly dull in comparison.

Nice one; as you say, it is a good looking bike

Master
    Very nice… some great upgrades on that model, with the Ohlins shock and Brembos. Love the gold wheels too👍

Craftsman

Looks great. Ride in winter. You can wash the bike you know.

...., shame it won’t be getting ridden until March, bloody English winters…

Eh??
    Whu.......????

Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    Looks great. Ride in winter. You can wash the bike you know.
    I know I know, just ordered some xcp so I’ll coat it on that and when there’s a decent day it’ll be getting a run out so I can get the miles up for it’s first service prior to the spring

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Very nice… some great upgrades on that model, with the Ohlins shock and Brembos. Love the gold wheels too
    My thoughts exactly. A police rider mate of mine recons good suspension is worth 15 bhp, dont know how he calculated that :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3de1fdb2eb.jpg

Gold wheels, I am such a sucker for a bit on bling, beautiful bike

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3de1fdb2eb.jpg

Gold wheels, I am such a sucker for a bit on bling, beautiful bike
    It’s a looker for sure, can’t wait to ride it but looks like I’m going to have to dodge the snow and ice predicted for the next week or so.

That looks absolutely lovely, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Must be mad. -3 at 9am but roads drizabone. But nonetheless, hardly biking temps at low levels. Many of the passes about to close if not already closed. But in the distance I can see the sun the Italian side of the Alps.

Ah sod it, collection time Friday I think.

Clucking pucking bell. Just been told that what were minor injuries are enough for the specialist to say no to biking for months, maybe a year. So that means no MV. What a completely shite bit of news.

Only upside, is that nature has indicated it wouldn't allow me to ride it tomorrow anyway. First snowfall at this altitude from midnight tonight and all day tomorrow. Just hope I can still learn to snowboard in the new year!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Clucking pucking bell. Just been told that what were minor injuries are enough for the specialist to say no to biking for months, maybe a year. So that means no MV. What a completely shite bit of news.

Only upside, is that nature has indicated it wouldn't allow me to ride it tomorrow anyway. First snowfall at this altitude from midnight tonight and all day tomorrow. Just hope I can still learn to snowboard in the new year!
    @OldHooky - get well soon. Best wishes

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

For those that visited the show at the NEC...

were Guzzi there?

(age related issue coming up)

I remember that I wanted to sit on the V100 M-thingy, but I don't remember seeing a Guzzi stand.

Of course, if one of you tells me you helped me on and off of it that would be most embarrassing...

I’m pretty sure that they were but can’t actually remember seeing them.

But then I’m probably as old as you are!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    For those that visited the show at the NEC...

were Guzzi there?

(age related issue coming up)

I remember that I wanted to sit on the V100 M-thingy, but I don't remember seeing a Guzzi stand.

Of course, if one of you tells me you helped me on and off of it that would be most embarrassing...
    Relax. They were a no-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that they were but can’t actually remember seeing them.

But then I’m probably as old as you are!
    Nurse!

Nurse!