closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Watch Guy - First class experience.

Master

The Watch Guy - First class experience.

I know this should properly appear in H&V but who really reads that? I can't recommend Ray Davies at the Watch Guy highly enough. I sent him my elderly Breitling Blackbird chrono requesting a service as I found the manual winding to be very awkward and stiff. Service cost for this watch would be just shy of £400. Ray examined it and got back to me and said that it winds and feels like a 7750 movement should. He said the shape of the crown itself and the tightly placed crown guards make it awkward to use, it pulls out fine but it is small and of a shape which makes it difficult to grip and operate. The crown also has a lot of thread left and screws down ok. He also put it on the timegrapher and said it is running very well with a really healthy amplitude so a service would be a waste of money.

Now he could easily have serviced the watch and charged me £400 but his total bill including the RMSD for the return was just £9 - Service levels like this just don't crop up every day!

Rob

H&V is exactly where this should be. Or watch Talk at least.

The Watch Guy is my repairer of choice now. Customer focused, very thorough and reasonably priced.

Master
    Our own walkerwek1958 is a good guy also. Very reasonable pricing and let's you know what's possible to repair regarding parts availability.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk