closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 268 of 357 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,400 of 17840

Thread: More bike related stuff

I'll just say this - it's a beast.

Master
    Looks great Tony… bet you’re grinning ear to ear.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

That's absolutely stunning Tony. Get yourself down to Sussex and we'll do a Harley cruise on Brighton seafront!

Master
    I'll just say this - it's a beast.]
    As Clarkson would say “ enough torque to turn the world”

Enjoy T

Master
    Looks great Tony!

Going for as many double yellow line photos as possible?

Glad it was a dry day for you to collect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Looks great Tony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He just got his Harley and already rebels against society and its rules
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Looking forward to a fuller review in due course, but have to say...it does look great, congratulations

Can definitely see me on a HD one day...but in the meantime still enjoying the Blade...chalk and cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Looks great Tony… bet you’re grinning ear to ear.
    You're not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That's absolutely stunning Tony. Get yourself down to Sussex and we'll do a Harley cruise on Brighton seafront!
    I really want to try to do that, Ray - would be a great day, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    As Clarkson would say “ enough torque to turn the world”

Enjoy T
    Thanks Steve. With the stage 2 the torque is about 172Nm so he'd be basically correct

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Looks great Tony!

Haha - not intentional, but suitably anarchistic

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    He just got his Harley and already rebels against society and its rules
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Looking forward to a fuller review in due course, but have to say...it does look great, congratulations

Can definitely see me on a HD one day...but in the meantime still enjoying the Blade...chalk and cheese!
    Thanks Simon. Certainly chalk and cheese compared to the Tiger, with was so accomplished at everything that most rides were quite... well, uneventful. Riding this beast is an event in itself.

I'll post a bit of a review when I have more miles under my belt. I do know already that this will suite my style of riding, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Been having fun since she arrived.

Toured our old Guildford haunts with my mate on his Rocket and I can’t believe how fantastic the handling is on the X-Diavel. The cornering, power, acceleration and comfort is bloody amazing!
    Lovey, Jason - when I tested the 1260S I couldn't believe what an accomplished bike it is, despite its bulk.

Looking at your photos it occurred to me that they encapsulated why I chopped the Tiger in for a Harley. Every ride should be an event, shouldn't it?

I'm going to football today (and my son's using my usual partner in crime's ticket due to the strike, so I'll need to go in the car), but tomorrow I'll be getting some more miles under my belt and probably heading out for some breakfast in Epping - I have a great route from B'wood so it's a bit of a favourite. Not sure how far you are from there but ping me a PM of you fancy a catch-up.

You need to get up here on your new toy Tony. Thunder in the Glens is next weekend and there'll be over 3,000 Hogs and 1,000 others on the Rideout on Saturday....

Cheers,

Adam.

I wonder if there's a ride out for Harleys with stock exhausts?

Chill out in the Chilterns, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I wonder if there's a ride out for Harleys with stock exhausts?

Chill out in the Chilterns, perhaps?
    Probably not

Master
    Steadily building the miles on the V85TT, although I seem to be spending most of my time on my Tiger. Anyway, the V85TT is settling in nicely and it has definitely got under my skin.

First service is not until 900 miles, so still taking it easy for a while yet.

Lovey, Jason - when I tested the 1260S I couldn't believe what an accomplished bike it is, despite its bulk.

Looking at your photos it occurred to me that they encapsulated why I chopped the Tiger in for a Harley. Every ride should be an event, shouldn't it?

I'm going to football today (and my son's using my usual partner in crime's ticket due to the strike, so I'll need to go in the car), but tomorrow I'll be getting some more miles under my belt and probably heading out for some breakfast in Epping - I have a great route from B'wood so it's a bit of a favourite. Not sure how far you are from there but ping me a PM of you fancy a catch-up.

Cant make tomorrow, but will call you very soon. Enjoy your new beast, cruising is the best form of riding in my book. Be loud and keep smiling!

Master

Cool The Dragon and the Devil

Got the tail tidy fitted this evening and squeezed in a few miles in before dark.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    My riding days are now sadly over. Well, for this year anyway. P/ex the Street RS, but my new bike wont be here till March. They wanted mine before end of Sept to be in with some chance of shifting it. But the tax is up, and I wont ride when its cold n wet. So rather than hang on to in my garage I thought they may as well have it now, rather than tax it for maybe 2 or 3 weekends blasting.

Roll on March.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    In the interests of balance, here is my new(wish)-to-me white, non-cruiser type bike -- just after riding back from a two day trackday at the wonderful Cadwell Park. A very practical bike on the road, and excellent handling, brakes and acceleration on the track as well.

-- Tim
    Last edited by in_denial; 21st August 2022 at 14:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    My riding days are now sadly over. Well, for this year anyway. P/ex the Street RS, but my new bike wont be here till March. They wanted mine before end of Sept to be in with some chance of shifting it. But the tax is up, and I wont ride when its cold n wet. So rather than hang on to in my garage I thought they may as well have it now, rather than tax it for maybe 2 or 3 weekends blasting.

Roll on March.

Stuart

You can’t make a post like that and not say what the new bike is….. spit it out or else🤔🤔

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    You can’t make a post like that and not say what the new bike is….. spit it out or else🤔🤔
    Haha thought that’’d flush you out Enoch. Ducati Streetfighter V2 mate. I could get it sooner but you know me, realistically I wont ride in the cold or wet so March suits. We will have to have a good blast round Wales’s finest next spring/summer. I see you have a new toy incoming as well Andy. I look forward to catching up and seeing it.

Stuart

Last edited by cinnabull; 21st August 2022 at 05:27.

Master
    Nice one Stuart.. the V2 looks fantastic👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    In the interests of balance, here is my new(wish)-to-me white, non-cruiser type bike -- just after riding back from a two-day trackway at the wonderful Cadwell Park. A very practical bike on the road, and excellent handling, brakes and acceleration on the track as well.

-- Tim
    Nice.

I did 2 days at Cadwell in May. Loved it, but was shattered afterwards.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Another 60 miles on this beauty of a bike today (so the best part of 170 miles since picking it up). I feel like I'm beginning to understand what it's about, the things it excels at and when you have to treat it with a bit of respect.

Haha thought that’’d flush you out Enoch. Ducati Streetfighter V2 mate. I could get it sooner but you know me, realistically I wont ride in the cold or wet so March suits. We will have to have a good blast round Wales’s finest next spring/summer. I see you have a new toy incoming as well Andy. I look forward to catching up and seeing it.

Stuart

Super. Order some replacement tyres now too, a friend has one and tyres have been a nightmare to get, because of the weird fitment. He waited over 5 months for his thrid rear tyre after the first replacement.

A nice round figure.

An iconic bridge, having a refurb.

Pretty, Lincolnshire village.

Enjoy your HD, Tony. A lot of Triumphs on the forum!

Grabbed a quick blast out this afternoon before my daughters birthday BBQ kicks off.

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Anyone here ride a Triumph Speed Twin 1200? I’m becoming more and more drawn to them after they came to my notice a few months ago. You all know the routine, started with reading reviews, watching You Tube, pretending to myself I’m not really interested and now I’m at the visiting dealers stage and getting part ex valuations on my current bike.
    The only issue is, it’s completely different to any other bike I’ve owned. My past 3 bikes have all been adventure bikes. I currently ride an Africa Twin 1100 which for me, is the ideal bike for 95% of the riding I do. I’m interested if any one else has made a similar transition to a Speed Twin and how did they find it? Can you still do a long day out on it on a variety of roads and road surfaces? I live in the North East can typically take me from fast twisty open roads to moorland roads with grass growing up the middle!
    How would it fare on a week in Scotland or Europe? I know you could technically do this on any bike but it would be nice to hear what current owners think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I upset a chap on a motorcycle today. One of those chaps with club patches on his cut off denim.

On a dual carriageway I failed to get out of the way in a manner determined timely by the gentleman (I use the term loosely) coming up behind me with full beam on.

I don't think his mood improved when he undertook me, pulled in front and brake tested me only to discover that a modern, rally-derived hot hatch with huge rotors and big callipers isn't intimidated by the braking performance of a 25 year old and, by the look of it, infrequently maintained RF900.

It's possible that his motioning to me with two fingers was supposed to indicate that we wanted to shoot me but I'm working on the alternate option that he probably needed only two fingers to play with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    For me that was the best GS. The original is iconic, but the introduction of the paralever coincided with the introduction of a comfortable seat which was for my money the most important improvement!

Ducati Streetfighter V2 mate.
    Stuart
    I don't think you'll be disappointed; it's a cracking bike, specially after 1st service

I had a little bimble today (about 150 miles), ending up at Whiteways Cafe near Arundel.
    I've had it just over 2 weeks and have done coming on for 900 miles.

I think I upset a chap on a motorcycle today. One of those chaps with club patches on his cut off denim.

On a dual carriageway I failed to get out of the way in a manner determined timely by the gentleman (I use the term loosely) coming up behind me with full beam on.

I don't think his mood improved when he undertook me, pulled in front and brake tested me only to discover that a modern, rally-derived hot hatch with huge rotors and big callipers isn't intimidated by the braking performance of a 25 year old and, by the look of it, infrequently maintained RF900.

It's possible that his motioning to me with two fingers was supposed to indicate that we wanted to shoot me but I'm working on the alternate option that he probably needed only two fingers to play with himself.
    Baffles me why anyone would think it's a good idea to brake check a car on a motorbike. It wouldn't end well if the car had bad brakes!

With a dashcam running, I think my reactions would have been slower………………

(Can a dashcam tell if you have hit the accelerator briefly - before the brake? Asking for a friend)

100 or so miles on the new (to me) Harley. Really enjoying it. Pulls like a train and sounds like an American muscle car.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    100 or so miles on the new (to me) Harley. Really enjoying it. Pulls like a train and sounds like an American muscle car.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    They’re beasts, aren’t they?

Craftsman
    Screw missing on the heat shield.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    All part of the Harley “Vibe” :)

I think the one that irked me most was the screws holding the lid of the rear brake master cylinder lid coming loose, resulting in no rear brake and a bit of a mess on the back of my Sportster.

It was at that point I discovered why HD specify the slightly unusual DOT 5 brake fluid - it doesn't eat paint like DOT 3, 4 & 5.1 fluids do, so it'll be kinder to the bike when it inevitably spills...

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    wont be the first or last :P

Not sure what Harleys you lot have been buying, but the fit & finish on mine is exemplary.

Not sure what Harleys you lot have been buying, but the fit & finish on mine is exemplary.
    not sure about todays harleys (ive been riding for 30yrs ) but the standard 2 jokes used to be 1950's engineering at 2000 prices and that you could make good money following them and picking the bits up that fell off then selling them back to the owners at the destination. :P

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    not sure about todays harleys (ive been riding for 30yrs ) but the standard 2 jokes used to be 1950's engineering at 2000 prices and that you could make good money following them and picking the bits up that fell off then selling them back to the owners at the destination. :P
    To be fair you could have said that about Triumphs too at one time, but now they're a totally different proposition. From what I've seen of modern Harleys (and I've spent a fair bit of time lately looking them over) they're superbly finished.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    That was also a Lada joke. The difference is, nothing wrong with the way Harleys are put together: it’s the vibrations that loosen anything that can be loosened.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Super. Order some replacement tyres now too, a friend has one and tyres have been a nightmare to get, because of the weird fitment. He waited over 5 months for his thrid rear tyre after the first replacement.]
    Not sure what you mean here, they are pretty standard sizes available from most manufacturers?

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I don't think you'll be disappointed; it's a cracking bike, specially after 1st service

I had a little bimble today (about 150 miles), ending up at Whiteways Cafe near Arundel.
    I've had it just over 2 weeks and have done coming on for 900 miles.

Yeah I cant wait really. Took a demo out for half a day and loved it. Typical big V Twin in traffic, but thats not what I want it for. Fair bit quicker than my RS, but with another 30 odd horses you’d expect that. Suspension seems more forgiving over bumps as well, yet it handles brilliantly. I thought the brakes weren’t as good as the RS but again, more than adequate.

Stuart

More bike related stuff

Another 60 miles on this beauty of a bike today (so the best part of 170 miles since picking it up). I feel like I'm beginning to understand what it's about, the things it excels at and when you have to treat it with a bit of respect.

Jeez Tony, who’’d have thought you’’d have one of those beasts at the start of this amazing thread. In fact, read back your original ‘requirements’ and look at the bikes you’ve had. They are addictive and you always want a change dont you. You were warned way back . Looks lovely, not my type of bike but I do get the appeal.

Stuart

Last edited by cinnabull; 22nd August 2022 at 13:31.

Jeez Tony, who’d have rhought you’d have one of those beasts at the start of this amazing thread. In fact, read back your original ‘requirements’ and look at the bikes you’ve had. They are addictive and you always want a change dont you. You were warned way back . Looks lovely, not my type of bike but I do get the appeal.

Stuart

That’s a good point, Stuart. In fact when I first discussed it with anyone I was planning on getting a 350!

This time around I’ve been riding for four years and - if I ignore the I’ll-fated first month with the Street Twin - I’m now on my fifth bike. Each of the previous four has brought me something different and I have to say that none of them were mistakes in that I’d have all of them in the garage now if that were an option. I have a suspicion, though, that I’ve been a closet cruiser all along, so who knows… maybe this one will stick.

It really is a great thread, isn’t it? Never in my wildest dreams…

More bike related stuff

Hey, if you think you are more a cruiser type guy, you should really have a look at the Ducati Diavel. I had the first gen a few years back now and it really was a brilliant bike. They have only improved since then, and the XDiavel is a real nice looker as well. Totally different riding characteristics to your HD though. Food for thought for your next change in a year or so LOL

And yeah, best thread on the site by far, for me anyway. Always my go to thread. It full of good types who understand each other and their love for bikes. Rarely a spat, and good info, advice and banter.

Stuart

Last edited by cinnabull; 22nd August 2022 at 13:43.

Hey, if you think you are more a cruiser type guy, you should really have a look at the Ducati Diavel. I had the first gen a few years back now and it really was a brilliant bike. They have only improved since then, and the XDiavel is a real nice looker as well. Totally different riding characteristics to your HD though. Food for thought for your next change in a year or so LOL

And yeah, best thread on the site by far, for me anyway. Always my go to thread. It full of good types who understand each other and their love for bikes. Rarely a spat, and good info, advice and banter.

Stuart

Tested one (the 1260S) and LOVED it. I suspect the Sport Glide is slightly more of a compromise in some ways, though, and therefore the better option.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 22nd August 2022 at 16:47.

Would anyone buy a bike from this man?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Would anyone buy a bike from this man?
    Yes possibly I might just buy a bike from someone who doesn’t know what a full stop or comma is my mate can’t read or write he is now about 63 lovely fella and loves his bikes very honest and not at all worried about money always carries piles of cash with him and if he sees something he likes he just buys it I wouldn’t think twice about buying any of his bikes in-fact he used to ask me to write the advert for him ;0)