closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 250 of 259 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,500 of 12943

Thread: More bike related stuff

  1. #12451
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,110
    I’m in Cyprus for 3 week - picking up a couple of XR400’s fir a couple of days - should be a blast

  2. #12452
    Master chris2982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    3,812
    150 mile done in the last couple of days.
    Soo happy with the 660, really glad I opted for that over the CB500X.

    Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

  3. #12453
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I would have thought any knobbly would do - in mud? Not like compound would make any difference?

    I took a GSA in mud once, with Tourance tyres, and found that it is easy to strain something - trying to keep the bike upright!
    TKC80s or something like them are what you need for anything more than a dry hard gravel road, Even though I rag my Gsa on Tourance on the roads I’ll change the wheels and tyres if it’s going to get muddy or slimy.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  4. #12454
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,699
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Soo happy with the 660, really glad I opted for that over the CB500X.

    Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk
    Very happy to have started a TZ run on the amazing Triumph Tiger range

  5. #12455

    first ride out since major heart operation
    great to be back on the bike

  6. #12456
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,095
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    when i was looking at navigation last year i ended up with a beeline which works fine and is a small great bit of kit - i didnt like the aesthetics of putting either a phone or a big satnav on my bike (not mention either go flying down the road or i leave on the bike when parked)

    https://global.beeline.co/
    I remember having a Garmin StreetPilot i3 when they came out as my very first Sat Nav. It was pretty small and worked surprisingly well considering it was cheap at the time. Wonder if anyone does anything similar, or have smart phones killed off the market.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 18th April 2022 at 08:49.

  7. #12457
    A dilemma of two motorcycles. The bike at the back was my father’s who owned it for 30+ years, it the bike I most associate with him and has so much sentimental value to me that I can’t ever sell it. The one at the front, I built for myself 4 or 5 years ago so we could ride out together which we did regularly until dad could no longer ride. They are almost identical, same running gear, same frame (more or less) except dads is a genuine BSA Gold Star DBD34 scrambler and mine is a B33 based Tribsa with a 500cc Triumph T100 engine.

    I don’t need both and don’t really have the room either, so the sensible option would be to sell the Tribsa. The problem is, the Tribsa is the one I generally prefer as it’s just an all-round nicer bike to ride. So should I keep them both or do the sensible thing and part with the Tribsa?






    Last edited by Groundrush; 17th April 2022 at 23:20.

  8. #12458
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    14,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    I don’t need both and don’t really have the room either, so the sensible option would be to sell the Tribsa. The problem is, the Tribsa is the one I generally prefer as it’s just an all-round nicer bike to ride. So should I keep them both or do the sensible thing and part with the Tribsa?
    Build a bigger garage!

  9. #12459
    Keep them both obviously. The Tribsa to ride and the BSA to remember your dad by.

  10. #12460
    You must have both, even if it means keeping one inside the house in the front room.

  11. #12461
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    willington,UK
    Posts
    935

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    A dilemma of two motorcycles. The bike at the back was my father’s who owned it for 30+ years, it the bike I most associate with him and has so much sentimental value to me that I can’t ever sell it. The one at the front, I built for myself 4 or 5 years ago so we could ride out together which we did regularly until dad could no longer ride. They are almost identical, same running gear, same frame (more or less) except dads is a genuine BSA Gold Star DBD34 scrambler and mine is a B33 based Tribsa with a 500cc Triumph T100 engine.

    I don’t need both and don’t really have the room either, so the sensible option would be to sell the Tribsa. The problem is, the Tribsa is the one I generally prefer as it’s just an all-round nicer bike to ride. So should I keep them both or do the sensible thing and part with the Tribsa?






    what great bikes,i wouldnt part with the tribsa,keep them both and enjoy them,would one not fit in the front room as already suggested?.i would rather sit and look at one of them than the TV anyday.
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 18th April 2022 at 09:11.

  12. #12462
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,764

    More bike related stuff

    Time for her first wash having clocked up our first 1000 miles.





    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chinnock; 18th April 2022 at 09:43.

  13. #12463
    Not sure what response you were expecting in this thread, but of course you have to keep both! Bigger garage, another shed or put your Dad’s in the living room

  14. #12464
    Picked up the new Jizz machine Thursday evening.

    Biggish ride Friday & a further ride later today.





    Saturday & Sunday were mostly taken up with family stuff, but I did find time to fit some goodies from R&G & Evotech.

    The Racefit can & belly pan are on the way.

    Roughly 250 miles so far & it's just brilliant. Running in service already booked. Can't wait to start using all the revs.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  15. #12465
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,981
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post

    first ride out since major heart operation
    great to be back on the bike
    Nice one….enjoy👍😎

  16. #12466
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Picked up the new Jizz machine Thursday evening.


    The Racefit can & belly pan are on the way.

    Roughly 250 miles so far & it's just brilliant. Running in service already booked. Can't wait to start using all the revs.
    Very nice - did you opt for the no-maint chain? Is it an option on the R?

  17. #12467
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Picked up the new Jizz machine Thursday evening.

    Biggish ride Friday & a further ride later today.





    Saturday & Sunday were mostly taken up with family stuff, but I did find time to fit some goodies from R&G & Evotech.

    The Racefit can & belly pan are on the way.

    Roughly 250 miles so far & it's just brilliant. Running in service already booked. Can't wait to start using all the revs.
    Nice :) When they remove the limiter it’s a different bike!

    Was very impressed with mine, did everything well.

    Unfortunately I had ridden the 1290R superduke on the same test ride and felt the uncontrollable need for a big V Twin so chopped it in for one of those a few months in. I’d have another though, brilliant bikes.

  18. #12468
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,504
    Ashamed to admit that today was the first chance I’ve had to get out on the bike this year. Every time we’ve had any sort of decent weather recently, I’ve had to take the opportunity to get the power tools out and crack on with updating the house.

    Took it easy, just to get back in the swing of things… just a bimble through some near by villages, and a few A-roads where I could open it up a bit. First National Speed Limit I got to, I soon realised that I’d forgotten to flip the goggles down…. which resulted in a quick u-turn to go and retrieve them !!

    Good to get back in the saddle though… glad I went out rather than electing to fix the Speedmaster.



    Andy.

  19. #12469
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    14,038
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Ashamed to admit that today was the first chance I’ve had to get out on the bike this year. Every time we’ve had any sort of decent weather recently, I’ve had to take the opportunity to get the power tools out and crack on with updating the house.

    Took it easy, just to get back in the swing of things… just a bimble through some near by villages, and a few A-roads where I could open it up a bit. First National Speed Limit I got to, I soon realised that I’d forgotten to flip the goggles down…. which resulted in a quick u-turn to go and retrieve them !!

    Good to get back in the saddle though… glad I went out rather than electing to fix the Speedmaster.



    Andy.
    How do you like the CLS Andy? I’ve been considering buying one for a while now.

  20. #12470
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Very nice - did you opt for the no-maint chain? Is it an option on the R?
    No because the bike I bought was in stock. It is an option but my bike was specced without it.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  21. #12471
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,504
    Reminds me of an old E500 I owned .. effortless. I wouldn’t say it’s in its element being hussled through the twisties but it doesn’t do too bad job for a big car. Lovely place to sit though for eating up the miles. I tend to leave it in auto, think I’ve used the paddles twice just for novelty.

  22. #12472
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    691

    More bike related stuff

    I have an Africa Twin for the big rides and am lucky enough to have access to some really nice bikes that I enjoy riding progressively but this little bike has made me smile more in the last month than any of the others!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 18th April 2022 at 21:10.

  23. #12473
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    Anyone know what bike this is from this picture?

    It’s our local unmarked police bike.

    Asking for a friend.


  24. #12474
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Anyone know what bike this is from this picture?

    It’s our local unmarked police bike.

    Asking for a friend.

    That’s a BMW K1300S

  25. #12475
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    That’s a BMW K1300S
    I think you are spot on! Thank you. From my friend.

  26. #12476
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,110

    Troodos

    Made it to the top of mount Olympus today
    Boy that was fresh and still quite a bit of snow
    Troodos by biglewie, on Flickr

  27. #12477
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Picked up the new Jizz machine Thursday evening.

    Biggish ride Friday & a further ride later today.





    Saturday & Sunday were mostly taken up with family stuff, but I did find time to fit some goodies from R&G & Evotech.

    The Racefit can & belly pan are on the way.

    Roughly 250 miles so far & it's just brilliant. Running in service already booked. Can't wait to start using all the revs.
    Great colourscheme Andy, and well done. The latest S1000’s are fantastic - quite a bit more character than the original S1000 when launched years ago. Phil said he had a good time as you weren’t hanging around! Would be nice to catch up when I get back to England.

  28. #12478
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    3,378
    Some of you may recognise my incoming...

    Cheers,

    Adam.

  29. #12479
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    Some of you may recognise my incoming...

    Cheers,

    Adam.
    Absolutely beautiful, I lost count of the times I went back to that ad. Hope you enjoy every second on that stunner.

  30. #12480
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    I have an Africa Twin for the big rides and am lucky enough to have access to some really nice bikes that I enjoy riding progressively but this little bike has made me smile more in the last month than any of the others!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bobby F , there is something to be said for having a bike that you can “wring its neck” at every opportunity. If you accelerated flat out on your AT you would lose you licence at 10 seconds. By 10 seconds on the monk you are in 4th maybe 5th and hitting 45!
    Had mine for two years and loved it, sold it on here

    Steve

  31. #12481
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Great colourscheme Andy, and well done. The latest S1000’s are fantastic - quite a bit more character than the original S1000 when launched years ago. Phil said he had a good time as you weren’t hanging around! Would be nice to catch up when I get back to England.
    Cheers. I think the pace even though I’m running the bike in was a tad brisk for Phil at times. I rolled off for a while / pulled over a couple of times.
    Would certainly be good to have a catch up. Look forward to it.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  32. #12482
    Journeyman Adge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    186
    I know this isn't SC but if someone is interested in a BMW K100 I am looking to sell mine soon.

    I've just acquired an R1200 and since the one-in-one-out policy is still in effect, that means this one has to go.

    It was my daily commuter for the last 2.5 years and is now ULEZ compliant.

    Let me know if anyone you know is interested... Open to reasonable offers.

    Thanks

  33. #12483
    Master chris2982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    3,812
    Just back from a lovely ride out today.


    Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

  34. #12484
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Cheers. I think the pace even though I’m running the bike in was a tad brisk for Phil at times. I rolled off for a while / pulled over a couple of times.
    Would certainly be good to have a catch up. Look forward to it.
    Indeed, likewise! I’m looking forward to getting back on my GS when I return from Madeira this coming week.

    Have had some good times on the winding hills here these past few weeks. A sightly wheezy Macbor 500cc parallel twin, but you know what they say about rentals being the fastest… lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #12485
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Bobby F , there is something to be said for having a bike that you can “wring its neck” at every opportunity. If you accelerated flat out on your AT you would lose you licence at 10 seconds. By 10 seconds on the monk you are in 4th maybe 5th and hitting 45!
    Had mine for two years and loved it, sold it on here

    Steve
    The AT has barely had a look in since I got the Monkey. I’ve been looking for excuses to ride it at every opportunity.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #12486
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    The AT has barely had a look in since I got the Monkey. I’ve been looking for excuses to ride it at every opportunity.
    For me the bike's hardly turned a wheel since I bought the Yaris.

    I must do better!

  37. #12487
    Racefit Growler X & belly pan fitted.







    Looks much better IMO & sounds pretty damn good too.

    That's all the mods done for the foreseeable.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  38. #12488
    Looks great Andy. Out of curiosity is it the camera angle or is the subframe/rear really that high on those?

  39. #12489
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Looks great Andy. Out of curiosity is it the camera angle or is the subframe/rear really that high on those?
    Cheers.

    I hadn’t considered it, but I guess it is quite high. I think the tail tidy, slightly smaller than standard plate and short pipe accentuate the gap between the top of the rear tyre and the underside of the subframe.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  40. #12490
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Cheers.

    I hadn’t considered it, but I guess it is quite high. I think the tail tidy, slightly smaller than standard plate and short pipe accentuate the gap between the top of the rear tyre and the underside of the subframe.
    Looks good- just not seen a bike with the tail higher than the tank or screen before (that I’ve noticed). Need to have a go on one of these myself

  41. #12491
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Looks good- just not seen a bike with the tail higher than the tank or screen before
    That `look` is a thing apparently, and is particularly popular with our teutonic friends with a customising bent and known as the `German Tail`.......



  42. #12492
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    That `look` is a thing apparently, and is particularly popular with our teutonic friends with a customising bent and known as the `German Tail`.......


    That must have taken some building, but unfortunately it looks like it melted, and also someone forgot to fit a seat

  43. #12493
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That must have taken some building, but unfortunately it looks like it melted, and also someone forgot to fit a seat
    Matt, you are wrong. The owner did a track day and stalled. One of his mates gave him a push out of the pits, and was still pushing when the rider dropped the clutch and stalled again :). :)

  44. #12494
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Matt, you are wrong. The owner did a track day and stalled. One of his mates gave him a push out of the pits, and was still pushing when the rider dropped the clutch and stalled again :). :)
    Good point, or he got rear ended- I’m guessing there’s the imprint of a Simpson helmet on the bottom of the tail tidy from his mate…

    This is what I love about bikers, a million tribes with some far out ideas of what good is, but we all ride (and don’t argue generally)

  45. #12495
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,224
    Took the monkey to the menders today as it's not run well since I had it delivered. Despite passing an MOT two days prior to delivery, the indicators don't work, among other bits.

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

  46. #12496
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Racefit Growler X & belly pan fitted.



    Looks incredible.

  47. #12497
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158

    Slightly smaller but fun

    Certainly not as glamorous as the recent bikes on here, but here is my “corner rocket “ as KTM describe it. 373 cc single 43 bhp, 135kgs. Nice statistics for me looking at a lighter weight bike.
    Stuck in a workshop queue for PDI ( ridiculous) hopefully due mid May


  48. #12498
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,981

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Certainly not as glamorous as the recent bikes on here, but here is my “corner rocket “ as KTM describe it. 373 cc single 43 bhp, 135kgs. Nice statistics for me looking at a lighter weight bike.
    Stuck in a workshop queue for PDI ( ridiculous) hopefully due mid May

    Colwyn Bay??

    If so they’re a bit of a joke around these parts… mate bought a 5k miles Fireblade off them at the end of Jan and ordered a brand new CRF300 for delivery later in the year… the Fireblade took almost 2 months to get an MOT and run it through the workshop.

    He was so disappointed with the service that he cancelled the CRF and bought elsewhere.

    The Blade had a recall last week for a new fuel cap…. 3 hours later no courtesy bike and they pretty much ignored him whilst he sat around oh and the keys don’t match.👎

    This lad has 5 bikes and is always on the lookout for another one, he’s vowed he’d give up biking before he ever goes back there🙁

  49. #12499
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That must have taken some building, but unfortunately it looks like it melted, and also someone forgot to fit a seat
    FYI the tilted seat style came about in Germany as its one of the few mods allowed under their strict TUV rules. The idea is that it puts you in a good position when dong a high and long wheelie. Though I think the first time it was seen in the UK mags was in the early 80's by a rider called 'Dodge', who still rides.

  50. #12500
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,699
    Seriously thinking that I need the Arrow end can + Free Spirits header for my Tiger. Will someone talk me out of it, please?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information