closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 222 of 259 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,100 of 12943

Thread: More bike related stuff

  1. #11051

  2. #11052
    Master Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Having a little siesta in my air conditioned room then it’s out for a little scenic ride.
    It’s sunny with a lovely cool breeze in Portugal.

    I went straight through the Picos to avoid the rain and packs of Brits on GS with all the Rukka sensible gear (each to there own).
    My bikes old Japanese I wear jeans and old leather jacket,travelling solo is much more fun.
    You meet people,see things and learn more,already had a few invites.

    I was pleased to find the Spanish also pronounce it pots and pans.



    breakfast beach road
    Potes....some great roads around there....the Deer at the top....The Bear a bit further on....and gazillions of Egyptian vultures if you overcook it....

  3. #11053
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post

    What a thing of beauty!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 5th September 2021 at 23:22.

  4. #11054
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,787
    My contender for puncture of the week courtesy of the M25. The tyre was two weeks old.







  5. #11055
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,436
    Enjoyed some me-time watching the Sunday evening flight traffic at Heathrow over some ice cream and coffee. Seemed right to bring the GPZ…




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #11056
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    Took the Multistrada into the garage for a bit of a refresh, did a great job, looks like a totally different bike now, very happy with it ;)

    IMG_6476 by Bilko169, on Flickr

    KTM SD GT by Bilko169, on Flickr

    This is a wind up surely or has the custom house morphed your multi into a Superduke?

  7. #11057
    Craftsman djjuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South West UK
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Enjoyed some me-time watching the Sunday evening flight traffic at Heathrow over some ice cream and coffee. Seemed right to bring the GPZ…




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love this.

  8. #11058
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,699
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I've now put 650 miles on the clock (I've had the bike a week) and would value some advice.

    I've pretty much ditched the low seat, as it's a piece of garbage - how anyone is meant to sit on it with a large void where the padding would have been is beyond me, and it's certainly not possible to do so for more than about half an hour without severe discomfort. I'll be speaking to Triumph North London today about returning it to them as it's really not fit for purpose.

    My bigger problem is that - now I have the standard seat on the bike - it feels a bit too precarious for my liking. For clarity, when I stand over the seat I can get both feet flat on the ground. However, when I pull up to a stop and put one foot down I feel like I'm struggling a bit to find the ground (even with my toes), and it's making me nervous to the extent that I end up putting both feet down initially. I'm also finding the bike quite top-heavy compared to what I'm used to, which doesn't help.

    Is it a question of getting more used to the bike, and building up my confidence on it a bit? I'm just worried that if a bike feels a bit big at first, then it really is a bit big, and time/mileage isn't going to help.
    Just a quick update on this (having posted it on the Brighton thread), but I've just spoken to the manager at NL Triumph, who I know quite well. I've said that to my mind the low seat isn't fit for purpose, and I'd like either a refund or - at worst - an exchange for the lower engine bars. Either way I'll be reasonably happy, save for the additional height issues that it's caused.

  9. #11059
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Just a quick update on this (having posted it on the Brighton thread), but I've just spoken to the manager at NL Triumph, who I know quite well. I've said that to my mind the low seat isn't fit for purpose, and I'd like either a refund or - at worst - an exchange for the lower engine bars. Either way I'll be reasonably happy, save for the additional height issues that it's caused.
    Been dipping into that thread as well. I think you will find that after a few weeks of riding on the standard seat you’ll have built a lot of confidence and it’ll be a comfortable non-issue.

    As an aside, I have never regretted fitting crash protection to a bike ;)

  10. #11060
    Master Red Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunny Bristol
    Posts
    4,042
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I managed to grab a few shots on my phone today...

    Some other things I've noticed over the 450 miles I've put on the clock:


    • It's quite top heavy compared to the other bikes I've owned. This can cause precarious moments, such as when you don't quite notice that there's a slight negative camber where you're trying to put your foot down.
    • The 19" front wheel becomes noticeable at slow speed on tight bends or turns. The bike needs more input.
    • Although it may sound strange, the Tiger seems very, very happy to be leaning. It's almost like leaning is it's preferred MO, and it's very reassuring.
    • Things that made my heart beat faster when on my TTR are just business as usual for this bike. Nothing seems to faze it.
    • Triumph's triple engines are bloody fantastic. I knew that from my Street Triple, but it's lovely to be on another one.


    Oh, and the standard seat is now on the bike. Given that the new seat is all but unusable (there's just a void where the padding has been removed), I'm going to see if I can get some kind of refund on it.
    I've been away for a few days, so just catching up with the thread. I'm not a fan of the "adventure" style but in all fairness this looks really nice, especially in the red. Been reading about the seat/ride height issues..hope you get that sorted.
    All the best, Steve.

  11. #11061
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    I've been away for a few days, so just catching up with the thread. I'm not a fan of the "adventure" style but in all fairness this looks really nice, especially in the red. Been reading about the seat/ride height issues..hope you get that sorted.
    All the best, Steve.
    Cheers Steve. Looks-wise, the bike has really grown on me.

  12. #11062
    Master Red Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunny Bristol
    Posts
    4,042
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Cheers Steve. Looks-wise, the bike has really grown on me.
    Yes, I can totally understand that Tony

    Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

  13. #11063
    Just been out for the final spin on the F900XR, new one arriving Friday😬
    Wonder what the weather’s going to do🤨

  14. #11064

    More bike related stuff

    Nice 1 hour test ride completed on a Royal Enfield Interceptor today.

    Thoughts are:
    Bloody well made for the price.
    Gearbox is sublime.
    Brakes are very good.
    Comfortable seating position, very relaxed.
    Standard seat is like a plank of wood.
    Suspension is firm (although it could be me carrying some excess lard).
    Sounds great with stock exhausts.

    I need to try a Triumph Street Scrambler next to decide what to do…
    If only my local dealer had one to demo…



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #11065
    Master Frankie169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    This is a wind up surely or has the custom house morphed your multi into a Superduke?

    LOL, fancied a change and had to be another Twin so what other than a Super Duke that fits the bill!!!!!

  16. #11066
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    LOL, fancied a change and had to be another Twin so what other than a Super Duke that fits the bill!!!!!
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too. Is it the 1290GT?
    Last edited by manganr; 6th September 2021 at 18:47.

  17. #11067
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^? It looks the dogs danglies.

    Steve

  18. #11068
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    The GT Duke has been nailed onto my “one bike solution” list. On the days when I’m being delusional about coping with one bike.

  19. #11069
    Master Frankie169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That Superduke is bloody gorgeous! Perfect colour too. Is it the 1290GT?
    Yes its the GT, I thought the Multi had some grunt but the 1290 engine is just plain bonkers!!!!!!!

  20. #11070
    Question for doing some touring, if you were wearing Gore-Tex Textiles, Jacket and Bottoms (ones where you can remove the linings if they get too hot) then do you wear some leggings underneath the bottoms (I imagine they’ll still get sweaty against bare skin) if it’s warm.

    Basically thinking some running tights or something similar underneath the textiles…


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #11071
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    That 1290 engine propels you forward like a bomb has gone off somewhere behind the back wheel. It’s an awesome motor.

  22. #11072
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Question for doing some touring, if you were wearing Gore-Tex Textiles, Jacket and Bottoms (ones where you can remove the linings if they get too hot) then do you wear some leggings underneath the bottoms (I imagine they’ll still get sweaty against bare skin) if it’s warm.

    Basically thinking some running tights or something similar underneath the textiles…


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wear wicking running bottoms and a wicking t shirt when it’s hot touring. Definitely more comfortable.

  23. #11073
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,451
    When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...




  24. #11074
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I wear wicking running bottoms and a wicking t shirt when it’s hot touring. Definitely more comfortable.
    Thanks Matt, I’ll do that, like the sound of comfortable.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  25. #11075
    ER-6?? Hard to keep track of all the multi bike owners but I'm sure you had a retro looking bike??

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...




  26. #11076
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    south of the river..
    Posts
    1,654
    [QUOTE=MakeColdplayHistory;5829084]When you've been away for a week, nip out to drop off your 'day 2' covid test samples and take the 80 mile route home...

    lovely settings and views ,

  27. #11077
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    ER-6?? Hard to keep track of all the multi bike owners but I'm sure you had a retro looking bike??
    This is Mrs MCH's (or will be when she passes her test) but you're right, mine is a Fantic Caballero Scrambler.

  28. #11078
    Thought so. I used to have an ER6N. Its an absolutely superb bike and I'm sure she'll love it!

  29. #11079
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I managed to grab a few shots on my phone today...















    Some other things I've noticed over the 450 miles I've put on the clock:


    • It's quite top heavy compared to the other bikes I've owned. This can cause precarious moments, such as when you don't quite notice that there's a slight negative camber where you're trying to put your foot down.
    • The 19" front wheel becomes noticeable at slow speed on tight bends or turns. The bike needs more input.
    • Although it may sound strange, the Tiger seems very, very happy to be leaning. It's almost like leaning is it's preferred MO, and it's very reassuring.
    • Things that made my heart beat faster when on my TTR are just business as usual for this bike. Nothing seems to faze it.
    • Triumph's triple engines are bloody fantastic. I knew that from my Street Triple, but it's lovely to be on another one.


    Oh, and the standard seat is now on the bike. Given that the new seat is all but unusable (there's just a void where the padding has been removed), I'm going to see if I can get some kind of refund on it.
    I’m aiming to get one of these next year, looks to be the perfect two up tourer.

    I’ve bought the registration number T90 0GT, just need the bike now

  30. #11080
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Orange is the new black (or something like that )



    Still loving it.

  31. #11081
    That Blade is beautiful- if you ever want to swap let me know

  32. #11082
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That Blade is beautiful- if you ever want to swap let me know
    Maybe if my back decides it can't tolerate it anymore!

    So far so good. Actually it's not too bad at all...

  33. #11083
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Maybe if my back decides it can't tolerate it anymore!

    So far so good. Actually it's not too bad at all...
    Im not surprised, great bikes! I keep meaning to swap the RnineT as it’s not different enough from my GS, but love the look and ride too much still.

  34. #11084
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    13,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Im not surprised, great bikes! I keep meaning to swap the RnineT as it’s not different enough from my GS, but love the look and ride too much still.
    Exactly why I'll try get an RnineT when I'm back in the market for a bike. Can't justify £20k on a GS for social jaunts but still want shaft drive. Not a fan of the R or RS.

  35. #11085






    Nice ride up to Pitlochrie, some stunning sights and the weather at Loch Tay is unreal, complete with some type of military helicopter, looked like an Apache???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #11086
    Master pinpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,330

    More bike related stuff

    Nice ride up to Pitlochrie, some stunning sights and the weather at Loch Tay is unreal, complete with some type of military helicopter, looked like an Apache???

    ————————-

    Some cracking roads up there! We go to Pitlochry from our home in the East Neuk and head to Gilmerton near Crieff, then through the fabulous Sma’ Glen, Amultree, Aberfeldy and across.

    We’ve had the odd weekend there and there’s some wonderful walks nearby, particularly following the Tummel up to Killicrankie and back!

    And yes, does look like an Apache…

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by pinpull; 7th September 2021 at 18:17.

  37. #11087
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    Yes its the GT, I thought the Multi had some grunt but the 1290 engine is just plain bonkers!!!!!!!
    Genuinely been looking at the 1290GT for a while now and having 4 bikes I was thinking of chopping in the 1098 Streetfighter for it.
    And I love that bike. Would really be interested in what you think as an owner and user and more importantly what you don't like.
    Thanks
    Ray

  38. #11088

    More bike related stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post
    Nice ride up to Pitlochrie, some stunning sights and the weather at Loch Tay is unreal, complete with some type of military helicopter, looked like an Apache???

    ————————-

    Some cracking roads up there! We go to Pitlochry from our home in the East Neuk and head to Gilmerton near Crieff, then through the fabulous Sma’ Glen, Amultree, Aberfeldy and across.

    We’ve had the odd weekend there and there’s some wonderful walks nearby, particularly following the Tummel up to Killicrankie and back!

    And yes, does look like an Apache…

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]

    Well you are a very lucky person then having this on your doorstep, only thing that touches it for me which isn’t too far for me is the Lake District back home…

    Simply stunning and looking forward to another two days riding up here…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #11089
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Helstons Tracker... best jacket ever!?

    Too much white / cream on that. CBA to keep cleaning jackets

    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    My contender for puncture of the week courtesy of the M25. The tyre was two weeks old.







    If Carlsberg did punctures
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions.

  40. #11090
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Enjoyed some me-time watching the Sunday evening flight traffic at Heathrow over some ice cream and coffee. Seemed right to bring the GPZ…




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Missed this post, what a beauty, sadly one that nice out of my reach.

    That said very happy with the Blade. Another training session missed tonight to go out on it (TBH it was too bloody hot!). The weather breaks on Thursday though and that might be that for this year in terms of mid-week rides at least.

  41. #11091
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Too much white / cream on that. CBA to keep cleaning jackets




    If Carlsberg did punctures
    Thank you. At last someone that appreciates a stupidly too large to fix puncture. Funny how many bikers can fix these when they don’t have them.

  42. #11092
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,910
    Blog Entries
    1
    Riding some stunning roads,very glad I ventured over the channel now.



    frost bank branch near me

  43. #11093
    Master pinpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,330

    More bike related stuff

    Well you are a very lucky person then having this on your doorstep, only thing that touches it for me which isn’t too far for me is the Lake District back home…

    Simply stunning and looking forward to another two days riding up here…
    Indeed sir, we are very fortunate, however we are not that far apart and I know the roads in the LD are not too shabby either!

    Enjoy your last couple of days, at least you’ve been blessed with decent weather!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pinpull; 8th September 2021 at 17:42.

  44. #11094






    What a day riding up in Scotland, probably the best roads I’ve ridden today…

    Homeward bound tomorrow, hopefully dodge the rain but the weather up here has been immense…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #11095
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    .............

    ...............

    What a day riding up in Scotland, probably the best roads I’ve ridden today…

    Homeward bound tomorrow, hopefully dodge the rain but the weather up here has been immense…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a place, half house half castle! Any history?
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  46. #11096
    Think it was in Highlander, there can be only one.

    Time for feet up in Fort William and a beer.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #11097
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    26,786
    Eilean Donan Castle, visited once when sailing those parts.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  48. #11098
    Well that three days in Scotland was unbelievably good, got a good soaking today on the way home but have to say I enjoyed every second of the tour.

    Have to say my Ducati Multistrada just ate up the miles, I really don’t know why I’ve been thinking about a second bike, it does everything I need and more.

    A token pic of the bikes in Glencoe to finish it all off.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  49. #11099
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well that three days in Scotland was unbelievably good, got a good soaking today on the way home but have to say I enjoyed every second of the tour.

    Have to say my Ducati Multistrada just ate up the miles, I really don’t know why I’ve been thinking about a second bike, it does everything I need and more.

    A token pic of the bikes in Glencoe to finish it all off.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We stopped for an Ice Cream in the Glencoe visitors centre when we did the nc500 on the bike. I was admiring the view you showed above when out of no where the Red Arrows flew between the mountains in formation smoke on red white and blue. It was awesome and unforgettable

    Steve

  50. #11100
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well that three days in Scotland was unbelievably good, got a good soaking today on the way home but have to say I enjoyed every second of the tour.

    Have to say my Ducati Multistrada just ate up the miles, I really don’t know why I’ve been thinking about a second bike, it does everything I need and more.

    A token pic of the bikes in Glencoe to finish it all off.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some truly stunning scenery. What a great trip to do. Sounds like you mainly lucked out with the weather too, in that it didn’t rain the entire time.

    In my last summer holiday to Inverness it rained 100% of the time. Well maybe not 100% but certainly it was either moderately raining, raining very heavily, raining lightly, just stopped raining or just about to start raining. Rain was the main weather theme. You get the picture. Still had a brilliant time in some of the most beautiful places on earth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information