closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 354 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Get ready to ride like you don't mind coming off. Never seen someone ride one of these calmly. Always at the red line and going for gaps I'd be too scared to!
    Those days are long behind me.. I’m old, infirm and decrepit..🤪

Funny thing, as I said never ridden a Ducati before, and the first 20 minutes I was not sold at all, I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be buying it.... 2 hours later, and I couldn’t get the smile off my face. It’s hard to explain how agile it is. By rights with that fat tyre and long wheelbase it should be like a barge, but it’s the exact opposite... power wise it’s got more than I’ll ever use..

Should be collecting on Tues all being well👍

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The ECU on most modern bikes should compensate after about 100 miles so long as it has sensors. Not sure if the triumph does but my GSA does and I had it mapped last time but not this time. Not worth the time to get to Leicester and back let alone the money.
    as i said , it doesnt need doing - my own thoughts being if you are paying a lot of money for a performance exhaust and want the most from it then a remap does a better job.
    adaptive tuning makes very small changes in fuel/air due to altitude etc, it wont override the existing map afaik , maps change the fuel/air ratio etc in a given rev range and stops it running lean if the system is freer breathing.
    loading maps is no different from the old days of tuning where you re jetted and changed reeds if you put a perfomance exhaust on.

*enoch im presuming you have bought the diavel? i see a pic of some boats above :P

More bike related stuff

Was it the Diavel or XDiavel?

Craftsman
    I’m seeing a collection of boat pictures. Old cigarette cards ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sv-steve View Post

Ditto.

It was a Ducati

Craftsman
    I’d prefer to see that :)

If it was a Diavel, I’m lusting after one of those quite badly

It was an Xdiavel

Craftsman
    You’ll have to find a Ducati-Triumph dealership next time you need the triple serviced/repaired Tony...;)

You’ll have to find a Ducati-Triumph dealership next time you need the triple serviced/repaired Tony...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    It was an Xdiavel
    So nice. There’s an XDiavel S in my local dealer that I really liked when I saw it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    If it was a Diavel, I’m lusting after one of those quite badly
    Tony think long and hard about your desire versus reality!
    Most bobber Diaval riders ride for 60 to 120 mins. They dont do an 8 hour ride like you did last Sunday. Laid back feet fwd riding puts lots of stress on your tailbone. Some folk can stand this and enjoy it. But it’s different, try one before you buy. My local Triumph dealer has about 6 mint bobbers in , my loal Ducati dealer has at least four Diavals in . In the Duc dealer , zero monsters, scramblers panigales etc. Eg desirable bikes stay out, un comfy bikes get part exed.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Most bobber Diaval riders ride for 60 to 120 mins. They dont do an 8 hour ride like you did last Sunday. Laid back feet fwd riding puts lots of stress on your tailbone. Some folk can stand this and enjoy it. But it’s different, try one before you buy. My local Triumph dealer has about 6 mint bobbers in , my loal Ducati dealer has at least four Diavals in . In the Duc dealer , zero monsters, scramblers panigales etc. Eg desirable bikes stay out, un comfy bikes get part exed.
    That’s good advice, thank you. I was only yesterday arranging with a friend to go test one at OYB, although we haven’t pinned the timing down as yet. I’ll go into it with my eyes open, though.

Ditto but if you click the image it loads a photo of the new bike.

That’s good advice, thank you. I was only yesterday arranging with a friend to go test one at OYB, although we haven’t pinned the timing down as yet. I’ll go into it with my eyes open, though.
    It’s good advice, spent a day on a Harley in the US a few years back and it hurt the next day. Irrespective I still reckon you’ll be on a new bike by Easter

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    It’s good advice, spent a day on a Harley in the US a few years back and it hurt the next day. Irrespective I still reckon you’ll be on a new bike by Easter
    Tbh, Matt,I’m enjoying the Triple too much to consider chopping it in at the moment; in terms of performance it’s a dream and - as I found out for sure last Sunday - the riding position works really well for me. I couldn’t believe that at the end of a very long day I was still comfortable, and I had no I’ll effects whatsoever the next day.

One thing I should admit, though, is that I had the baffle put back in the Yoshi today. At speed it was fine as it was, but in town / traffic the low rev rumble was just too much, and too loud, to enjoy riding the bike, and that’s how I spend a lot of my time. It still sounds amazing, I have to say, and now I can hear my sat nav again.

It’s a great bike, i just know from experience that there’s an urge to try different bikes. It didn’t sound that loud with the baffle out to me, but enjoy it either way Tony!

Oilers are like watch winders IMHO
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I had a MK1 Diavel. It was supremely comfortable and I could ride it all day. However, in traffic it wasnt so good. Being a big V Twin it was lumpy and snatchy in slow traffic and to be totally honest, unpleasant. Get it over 40 or 50 ish mph and it was a pleasure, effortless performance, eye popping braking and handling that allows it to embarrass some superbikes. However, I found the XDiavel way less enjoyable to ride. The 1260 engine was a lot more vibey than mine (1198). The feet forward position seemed to put more weight on my coccyx and I felt every bump.

The new Diavel looks superb, with Ohlins and qs and blipper. I may consider swapping the Street for one of the new ones somewhere down the line, but tbh, I simply cant fault my Street RS.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've ridden around France and the Picos with a mate who was riding an XDiavel; he had no problems comfort-wise, although if you do have any back/coccyx problems the XDiavel can be a bit of a mare. The Diavel (gen 1, 2 and 2019 model) have a more 'normal' riding position so some of your weight can be shared with your legs rather than going straight up your back.
    Definitely agree that you need a decent test ride, including across some rough roads, to see if you can tolerate the XDiavel/bobber riding position.

Longest day I did on my '97 Sportster was 700 miles in about 14 hours back in 2004; John O'Groats to Swindon. That was with forward controls. Thinking back though, there probably wasn't as much weight bearing down on my coccyx.

Tbh, Matt,I’m enjoying the Triple too much to consider chopping it in at the moment; in terms of performance it’s a dream and - as I found out for sure last Sunday - the riding position works really well for me. I couldn’t believe that at the end of a very long day I was still comfortable, and I had no I’ll effects whatsoever the next day.

One thing I should admit, though, is that I had the baffle put back in the Yoshi today. At speed it was fine as it was, but in town / traffic the low rev rumble was just too much, and too loud, to enjoy riding the bike, and that’s how I spend a lot of my time. It still sounds amazing, I have to say, and now I can hear my sat nav again.
    That's what ear plugs are for.

https://www.ultimateear.com/products...ered-ear-plugs

Now take that baffle back out. Triple isn't too loud!

Master
    For those that asked....it’s a 16 plate Xdiavel.

I’m restricted to forward control, and the dealer let me have their demo all day today. I spent around 5 hours in the saddle, with a couple of stops for fuel and lunch.

I found the bike to be extremely comfortable, and once I’d got used to it very easy to ride.... hopefully it’ll fit in alongside my Bobber nicely, and add a bit of variety to my rides...

I collect it on Tuesday...

Not sure what’s going on with the pic....I’m seeing a Ducati Xdiavel....
    Last edited by Enoch; 28th March 2019 at 23:50.

Yeah its deffo too loud for you Tony !!. Best bet it to sell it me, or even consider a swap for my Triumph Arrow one maybe...

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Yeah its deffo too loud for you Tony !!. Best bet it to sell it me, or even consider a swap for my Triumph Arrow one maybe...

Stuart

I’m going to post a video tomorrow, which will demonstrate how glorious it still sounds with the baffle in!

this is my sc project with no baffle ,bike is cold.
    Last edited by pugster; 29th March 2019 at 07:43.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    this is my sc project with no baffle ,bike is cold.
    Lovely sound. Project SC do good exhausts. My friend has one on his GS and it's a tiny but louder than my full system on the GSA! I bet when the engine is warm and you're near red line it sounds epic.

That SC Project sounds lovely (and I did think about one for mine - it was actually a very close call). Once I can do so without waking up the neighbours I'll post up a vid of mine, with the baffle in.

Anyway, going back to the Diavel/XDiavel, this review is interesting...

Yoshi with baffle

Here you go...

Craftsman
    I must say it still sounds lovely Tony

I must say it still sounds lovely Tony

Cheers Steve

Oh no, thats not for you Tony, its offensive and will upset your neighbours, way too loud. I am prepared to assist though so all is not lost, swap for my Triumph Arrow if you twist me arm enough !!

Stuart

Craftsman

More bike related stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/motorsport/47696809

Riders have a fight during race. Unbelievable !

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Oh no, thats not for you Tony, its offensive and will upset your neighbours, way too loud. I am prepared to assist though so all is not lost, swap for my Triumph Arrow if you twist me arm enough !!

Stuart

Errr...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/motorsport/47696809

Riders have a fight during race. Unbelievable !
    Good to see that both of them received proper bans. idiots.

Master
    Good to see that both of them received proper bans. idiots.
    Agreed ... but very amusing to see someone punching someone else wearing a helmet ...
    Looked to be white helmet's fault for riding into black helmet initially.

Master

Ducati Diaval S

Well he certainly likes it. There was one on the Ducati stand at last weeks Manchester bike show. There were more people trying it for size than the Panigale V4 next to it.

Bennets say The bobber is Triumph’s best selling model, so there must be something about the styling. What bothers me is the number of pre owned in the showrooms, maybe people buy them to scratch an itch, bit like a Harley, then return to more conventional bikes?

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...7-investigated

What bothers me is the number of pre owned in the showrooms, maybe people buy them to scratch an itch, bit like a Harley, then return to more conventional bikes?
    Probably; I'm off to test a Harley in a few minutes.

What a lovely day - off for a blast soon, I think

Steering is dreadful, comfort is questionable, performance tune is unnecessary.

I quite like it

Last edited by Gyp; 30th March 2019 at 17:31.

A glorious day yesterday so I went out for a blast with a mate. Took in H's and stopped off in Henley for a coffee and to collect my new contact lenses.

Schoolboy error last night of overfilling my oil by a litre. Grr. Drained and refilled correctly this morning and just back from a fantastic ride.

Love it!!

Since seeing this at the NEC in November I've been waiting impatiently to have a ride, which I did today:
    Ducati Diavel 1260S...and it went pretty well

After the Harley Breakout and Street Bob last weekend, I've booked up the Triumph Bobber Black and Street Scrambler this week

Master
    Over the past week or so, I have tried these three out:

Although superficially similar (naked retro bikes), they are all obviously very different.

I must admit I was underwhelmed by the Speed Twin, but the other two were great. A choice between a smooth in-line four (with a great induction noise) or a bombastic air-cooled twin.

I'm planning on buying a Z900RS fairly soon, not had a test ride yet but the reviews all seem excellent, what did you think? The scrambler is not my thing, I'd rather buy the Monster 797 which has the same engine I believe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I'm planning on buying a Z900RS fairly soon, not had a test ride yet but the reviews all seem excellent, what did you think? The scrambler is not my thing, I'd rather buy the Monster 797 which has the same engine I believe.
    I liked it. A lot. I don’t have a great deal of experience on bikes, so my opinions are probably not worth a great deal, but it was extremely smooth, had good build quality and a fantastic noise that encouraged my inner hooligan. I did not push the handling as it was a dampish day.

The Scrambler appeals to me more than a modern naked (eg Monster).

Between the two... I’m still mulling it over, but I have to say the Z900RS seems to offer more for the money.

Kawasaki are great at making bikes that have a soul, not the best handling or most powerful necessarily, but they have something that’s not obvious from the stats. I’ve had 5 over the years

[QUOTE=downer;5065919

The Scrambler appeals to me more than a modern naked (eg Monster)...........[/QUOTE]

Go with your heart 😁.......I've never ridden anything that attracts so many positive comments! Just last night I expected the worst when some bloke in a white van pulls alongside and winds his window down gesticulating........then I pull up my visor and he says "cool bike mate" and give me the thumbs up 😂

Well, having spent some time up in Newcastle and then being back home but busy, it's now a horrible day weather-wise. This will be my fifth consecutive day without a ride, which is the longest since October after getting my bike. Feels very strange.

Bennets say The bobber is Triumph’s best selling model, so there must be something about the styling. What bothers me is the number of pre owned in the showrooms, maybe people buy them to scratch an itch, bit like a Harley, then return to more conventional bikes?
    The Bobber is a fashion trinket. Triumph were jumping on the brat/bobber styling bandwagon that was in vogue a while back; a bit like beards, top knots and not washing your jeans. And like all fashions they eventually go out of fashion; a bit like beards, top knots and not washing your jeans. In 2 years time you won't be able to give these things away.