timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 170 of 359 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,500 of 17922

Thread: More bike related stuff

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    15 years ago today, almost to the hour.
    Riding down the West coast of France at -6 degrees.
    Just a bit of freak weather on the way to Spain and then down to Africa over New Year with a few others.

That is frost/ice on the screen of my bike ... But with temp controlled heated clothing, plus with muffs and a shitebag it was very actually pleasant riding.

Not a weekend trip away then! Nicest looking of the GS's in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    BMW Dry Sneakers. Safe, waterproof, and uber comfortable on and off the bike.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/we...y-sneaker.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look like nice ankle boots!

Looking for a new textile jacket, my old Dainese Ddry has just about given in. Zip is buggered and relying on the press studs for closure. Not going to spent 1200 on a Rukka before anyone recommends them. Budget is around 350.
    Any recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    15 years ago today, almost to the hour.
    Riding down the West coast of France at -6 degrees.
    Just a bit of freak weather on the way to Spain and then down to Africa over New Year with a few others.

That is frost/ice on the screen of my bike ... But with temp controlled heated clothing, plus with muffs and a shitebag it was very actually pleasant riding.

I think one of these days I shall have to pay you a visit (and a beer, I hope) to pick your brains on finding an old air head
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman View Post
    Looking for a new textile jacket, my old Dainese Ddry has just about given in. Zip is buggered and relying on the press studs for closure. Not going to spent 1200 on a Rukka before anyone recommends them. Budget is around 350.
    Any recommendations.
    Does it need to be waterproof and for winter, or is it just for Spring/summer and fair weather days?

Any recommendations.
    With that budget I'd definitely be looking at Rev'It. I have the Horizon 2 jacket plus matching trousers, and it's superb kit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    With that budget I'd definitely be looking at Rev'It. I have the Horizon 2 jacket plus matching trousers, and it's superb kit.
    Rev'it are good - they have some nicely designed suits with thoughtful detailing, at reasonable prices. I have had their Ignition 2 and Ignition 3 suits - brilliant textile/leather touring suits that cover all seasons. Actually, I still have a near perfect condition Ignition 3 suit that is surplus to my requirements and may sell on as it no longer fits me.

Master
    Any recommendations.
    According to Motolegends, this Richa jacket is a game-changer for the money (300)... https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/...-in-black.html

In fact, you can get 20% off at M&P - and if you ask Motolegends to price match the M&P price, they would beat it by 10%, so you end up paying 216. Bargain.

Any recommendations.
    my main jacket is a dianese tempest , 3 yrs old and still like new - and you will have some change >

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...nt_prod/214915

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Does it need to be waterproof and for winter, or is it just for Spring/summer and fair weather days?
    Yes ,deffo for winter as I ride all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    According to Motolegends, this Richa jacket is a game-changer for the money (300)... https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/...-in-black.html

In fact, you can get 20% off at M&P - and if you ask Motolegends to price match the M&P price, they would beat it by 10%, so you end up paying 216. Bargain.
    Laminated as well, good call.

Blog Entries
    Any recommendations.
    Never going back to a standard jacket.

https://heliteuk.co.uk
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

DAYTONA MAX SPORTS GTX

Anyone have experience of these boots specifically care to share their opinion?

Last edited by learningtofly; 30th December 2020 at 18:49.

Anyone have experience of these boots care to share their opinion?
    Not those specifically but I have two pairs of Daytona boots and like them. Would probably buy another pair.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...ent_prod/97883

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...ent_prod/98149

If anything the summer pair are too warm and I'd want to get something with more/some venting. The two I went for seem to the be most popular/best reviewed and cover all bases.

They're Daytona, they're Goretex - so will be good.

But - you might find that when your trousers ride up - they might prove to be a tad short?

I have a pair of (fairly simple) Daytona Racer boots from around 10yrs ago. Quite similar to the ones you show, but they are slightly higher.

They were my general use/holiday boots, and have only recently been retired to 'occasional use'.

Replaced with a pair of Alpinestars Web Goretex boots- of similar style.

In summary - as they are waterproof boots, make sure they are high enough to prevent water getting past trouser/boot.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not those specifically but I have two pairs of Daytona boots and like them. Would probably buy another pair.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...ent_prod/97883

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...ent_prod/98149

If anything the summer pair are too warm and I'd want to get something with more/some venting. The two I went for seem to the be most popular/best reviewed and cover all bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    They're Daytona, they're Goretex - so will be good.

But - you might find that when your trousers ride up - they might prove to be a tad short?

I have a pair of (fairly simple) Daytona Racer boots from around 10yrs ago. Quite similar to the ones you show, but they are slightly higher.

They were my general use/holiday boots, and have only recently been retired to 'occasional use'.

Replaced with a pair of Alpinestars Web Goretex boots- of similar style.

In summary - as they are waterproof boots, make sure they are high enough to prevent water getting past trouser/boot.
    Thanks both - happy with the fact that they're short as I don't want anything higher; they also have a neoprene band around the top to provide a bit of extra protection against water ingress.

I'm looking at these as they have a slightly raised heel (6cm in total) to aid those for whom getting feet firmly down is a bit of a stretch. I'm just interested to hear whether or not they're any less comfortable to wear because of that.

I have worn Daytona boots for over 10 years now , ride all year round and find these to be the most complete boot. Comfy to walk in and good quality leather which cleans and polishes well. Stitching is good as well. Mine are a slightly taller version but look very similar. I bought from Heine Gericke when they were trading before Infinity bought them out.
    Just looked them up and my boots are the Road Star GTX.
    Last edited by Oysterman; 30th December 2020 at 13:28.

Master

I have the arrow sport GTX which is similar.. very comfy for riding and walking around..

Motolegends did a price match at 236.92.👍

Any recommendations.
    I wear Furygan. Two leather and one textile jacket and I'd never buy anything else. Absolutely top quality and fit like a glove. Not familiar with the whole range, just what I own but a great product.

Bought a few bits ready for my CBT on Monday,, which I can only assume is going to be cancelled due to the new tier sysyem.

I am awaiting delivery of my new jacket.
    Went for the alpinestars Andes v3.
    After a good search and a discount code I managed to get it for 175 quid which I am very happy with.
    Quite liked the green but had to go for the full black option as it's the only one I could find that they do in a 5XL.

Had a nightmare trying to get a helmet.
    Got a massive head ( it's wide to, so even the ones with the right measurements didn't fit, felt like my head was being crushed haha)so very little choice and what there was available was quite pricey.
    Ended up with a 4XL HJC for 135. Just a basic lid. I was wanting a flip up adventure style, but finding them for a fat head at a reasonable price seemed impossible.

Also picked up a cheap pair of gloves. Richa Target, waterproof, windproof and really rather comfy. And for less than 30 quid a bit of a bargain I thought.

Got a cheap pair of aramid lined jeans coming aswell as some waterproof over trousers.

And as an essential, battery charger/optimiser, since the bike is gonna be sitting unused untill I get my licence.

Rally eager to get going now but due to current restrictions I got no idea when I'm gonna get started.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    ^^Hopefully you can get sorted for the summer Chris^^👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    ^^Hopefully you can get sorted for the summer Chris^^👍
    Yeah, I hope so.

Had to stop taking the bike out to look at as it is just teasing myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Yeah, I hope so.

Had to stop taking the bike out to look at as it is just teasing myself.

Ha... I passed my test back in 1982. And as a learner Id bought a Suzuki GS850 for when I got my full licence.

Once Id passed in the December I tried to insure the Suzuki, and nobody would insure me at a price I could afford until my birthday in the February.

So I had to spend another 2 months on my little 125, whilst my gorgeous GS sat in the garage. It was torture.

Me in 1983 finally on my new bike

Master

John McGuiness MBE

After 30 years of racing at top level I think that’s well deserved.

Bumped into him at an Oulton BSB test day. He’s a great guy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    43 years on 2 wheels and never had a Husqvarna before!
    got this little monster arriving in January to keep the R9T Urban GS company.It's a 701 Enduro
    It's replacing my Trusty DRZ400 (of which I've had a few..) and will receive a few minor mods over the next year or so. Considered the FE501 or KTM 500EXC which are great fun but a little more flighty and have a 600mile oil change plus other servicing commitments that ruled them out for me.
    Love that
    Been on the lookout for a DRZ myself

Master

Cool Any biking plans for 2021?

I have a hankering to do something that for me will be challenging both physically and mentally.

Ive been having a think, and Ive decided that when it becomes possible, Id like to ride around the coast of the UK. Not sure if itll happen or not, but theres a good chance that it will..

Anyone else got any plans??

I have a hankering to do something that for me will be challenging both physically and mentally.

Ive been having a think, and Ive decided that when it becomes possible, Id like to ride around the coast of the UK. Not sure if itll happen or not, but theres a good chance that it will..

I plan to wait expectantly for your "this is quite a bit further than I expected" post.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I plan to wait expectantly for your "this is quite a bit further than I expected" post.
    Well it isnt supposed to be easy. Ive already decided that itll be the Speedmaster.

Well it isnt supposed to be easy. Ive already decided that itll be the Speedmaster.
    And what will you be riding?

Master

Ive planned a short tour of North England and the borders. Its only a few days but Ive plotted the routes, roped a couple of mates in and booked some b&bs.

Mainly I did it as something to look forward to, and hopefully, we will be clear of todays restrictions by June...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    And what will you be riding?
    Speedmaster.

Speedmaster.
    I know.

I was just trying to slip a watch reference into a watch forum thread...

I've done lots of round Britain stuff on bikes over the years, but I still think the finest effort I've witnessed was a chap that did LE-J'OG in one go on an AR125.

Master
    Have you seen the couple that ride across Canada on C90s in the winter?? Mad

https://youtu.be/nsV3MrshZt4

Master

Thumbs up Watch out for black ice

Mate took a little tumble yesterday..5mph and just 50 yards from his front door🙁

Ouch. If there's one thing I've learnt after my 2+ years back on a bike, it's that the moment you become blas is the moment you'll have an "occasion" (as Sven-Gran Eriksson used to say)!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd January 2021 at 14:56.

Its peanuts to fix up a Ducati....yikes.

Not bike related but I trundled into the back of someone whod stalled at the lights when they turned green last week. Coincided with a very brief distraction in my car so I didnt react quick enough. Was doing a maximum of 5mph with no movement of the car in front on impact. Ive got a cracked number plate. The car in front had a 10 cm crack in the back bumper. I checked everyone was fine. They were. I checked again that night when they called to see if I wanted to settle the damage with cash. They were.

All 4 occupants of the car are now claiming against my insurance for severe whiplash injury....

Its annoying because its my own fault for trundling into 4 extras from Shameless.

Ouch.

My new one was due to be delivered next week, but I've asked the dealer to hold onto it for a while.

Master

I’ve been having a think, and I’ve decided that when it becomes possible, I’d like to ride around the coast of the UK. Not sure if it’ll happen or not, but there’s a good chance that it will..

Andrew my pal did it about 5 yrs ago when he was working. Each holiday he would do a section eg Chester to Cardiff. I remember him saying if you stick to the coast roads. It belies the A to B distance as they meander so much and the speeds are lower. He did it on a Ktm 990 and loved it.

Im sure its well over 6000 miles though, certainly a lot more more than LEJOG.

Steve

Sharpen your skills ,ride all year round and or get some advanced tuition.

Sharpen your skills ,ride all year round and or get some advanced tuition.
    No

More bike related stuff

Got a ride to the south east of France planned with a mate in August. Meeting the wife and kids there . I cannot wait!

Coast path would be some achievement but not sure how much fun a lot of it would be?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

Steve
    A group of us did in a relay a couple of years ago for charity. We got a brand new royal enfield from the importer to do it with. It clocked up just over 4700 miles. The bike started at 8am on the Monday morning and apart from fuel, oil, chain tightening and rider changes it was never stopped until it finally finished at 2am on the Friday morning having never missed a beat.

Oh what fun you can have on a bike!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew my pal did it about 5 yrs ago when he was working. Each holiday he would do a section eg Chester to Cardiff. I remember him saying if you stick to the coast roads. It belies the A to B distance as they meander so much and the speeds are lower. He did it on a Ktm 990 and loved it.

Steve
    I built a map in Garmin basecamp and input it into my sat nav. According to basecamp and the device its around 3400 miles based on my route..

Ive been giving it some thought and I think its doable for me in 3 or 4 bites of 1 week at a time, with a week off in between. I have to keep in mind my weekly injection, which I cant take with me due to it needing to be refrigerated..

Im thinking of attacking the south part this year 2 weeks with a week off, and the Scottish part next year.

I built a map in Garmin basecamp and input it into my sat nav. According to basecamp and the device its around 3400 miles based on my route..

Ive been giving it some thought and I think its doable for me in 3 or 4 bites of 1 week at a time, with a week off in between. I have to keep in mind my weekly injection, which I cant take with me due to it needing to be refrigerated..

Im thinking of attacking the south part this year 2 weeks with a week off, and the Scottish part next year.
    We did the NC500 earlier this year (plus Skye) and TBH some of the route (NE) Glasgow - Dundee was not hugely scenic and we pressed on where possible. Decent overnight stays are key to this kind of trip.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Glasgow - Dundee is not part of the NC500.. thats quite a bit further south. Still some decent routes you can take for that trip though if you stay away from the commuter roads and maybe take a swing through the Trossachs. Over the Dukes Pass, stop for a chippy in Callander, around Loch Tay on to Aberfeldy before eventually getting to Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Glasgow - Dundee is not part of the NC500.. thats quite a bit further south. Still some decent routes you can take for that trip though if you stay away from the commuter roads and maybe take a swing through the Trossachs. Over the Dukes Pass, stop for a chippy in Callander, around Loch Tay on to Aberfeldy before eventually getting to Dundee.
    Correct - travelling from where we live meant we initially came in from the south. Great experience though!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Thought this may be of interest for some on here.

https://www.ghostbikes.com/5003-blac...digidip.net%2F

4.74 delivered using code SR6.

Got one delivered the other day and the quality seems fantastic for the money.

Chris.

Helmet bargain

Having amassed some 5 helmets, I now have a matt black AGV Legends X70 going spare in a size small. The helmet has never been dropped and just has one or two very minor marks that you inevitably get after a while with a matt finish. They list at 170, can be had in the sales for about 120 and I would let this one go for 75 plus a fiver towards postage. Will be posted in a proper helmet box and includes the helmet bag it came with. Anyone?

Master
    ^^Tony I know you were looking for some ankle boots.. These are going spare FOC if you can use them BKS size 42..

Quite a comfy boot, easy Velcro fastening, and in good shape.

These are the ones.

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/...RoCFCIQAvD_BwE

Thats very kind of you indeed but Ive already bitten the bullet, Andy. Thanks though, I appreciate the offer.

^^Tony I know you were looking for some ankle boots.. These are going spare FOC if you can use them BKS size 42..

Quite a comfy boot, easy Velcro fastening, and in good shape.

These are the ones.

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/...RoCFCIQAvD_BwE