closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 128 of 359 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,400 of 17926

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Just prior to a little 100 miler down to Ferndown and Wimborne via Salisbury and Ringwood.

All done on 2.97 litres of petrol costing £3.23.

I clocked up 4000 miles today since 25th April 2019.

scooter

Cool bike the Honda Monkey....I borrowed one for a day, incredibly comfortable, plush seat.
    Easily good for a few hundred miles. Great bike to have in the corner of the shed, for when the fancy takes you. Also, I found that as you're always riding it at 90% to get anywhere fast (just over 60mph) it was laugh out loud fun. Really enjoyed it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Cool bike the Honda Monkey....I borrowed one for a day, incredibly comfortable, plush seat.
    Easily good for a few hundred miles. Great bike to have in the corner of the shed, for when the fancy takes you. Also, I found that as you're always riding it at 90% to get anywhere fast (just over 60mph) it was laugh out loud fun. Really enjoyed it.
    100% agree its a bike you can wring the a.....e off it and still stay within legal speeds. Running in I had 214 mpg now I average 170

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Stewart is an absolute star, he’s been to mine twice and I can guarantee you’ll be happy. He goes out of his way to make the bike as good as it can possibly be.
    He’ll set up the suspension for you, and fettle any improvements they’ve made on the bike since yours was built.
    Is also recommend the stage 1 remap if it hasn’t already been done - improves the delivery as well as the power.

Yep, mine’s one of the original run. I’m absolutely loving it.
    Thanks for this. I will definitely enquire about the remap.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Did you sell your bike?
    Not yet. I was meant to collect it from the service on Saturday but went on a bicycle ride and forgot! I'll collect it this weekend and take some fresh pictures. Someone who just joined ukgser wanted it but thought I gave them a fake name so backed out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    CCM’s are really beautiful. Still on my radar.

Got my “new” blade back after new headers, pads, tyre and oil/filter....absolutely loving it! Fewer horses than my old 2012 version but doesn’t really feel like it above 7k revs. Bonkers and sounds like a very annoyed hornet.

Bargain at less than £2k imho. Doubt there’s a lot more fun I could have found for that sort of money. Plus £500 to get it non-lethal lol.

Pretty happy with my brace :)

How do you find the Scout? Sold my Harley because it was too heavy for me nowadays, but have a hankering for another V twin as well as the Interceptor.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I bought this one https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/...ange/38650.htm
    I wasn't planning on gearing up in case I hated my CBT but due to Covid they're not lending anything so gloves and helmet were required.

Im assuming that a hoodie and my Barbour will be fine for 125cc pootling until I commit to the DA and getting some appropriate attire for potential road rash.
    Get some gear. You don't need to spend a fortune. Even if you use it once. Seriously. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    How do you find the Scout? Sold my Harley because it was too heavy for me nowadays, but have a hankering for another V twin as well as the Interceptor.
    Generally positive reviews from me. It’s very responsive to ride, doesn’t really handle like a cruiser (apart from the cruiser lean angle - my footpeg sliders will need replacing soon.) The motor is fantastic, huge v twin torque all the time, but because it can rev comfortably up to 8k the power is also there if you want to make progress. It doesn’t really feel heavy, it’s very low sitting so the centre of gravity is also very low. Came off the test ride grinning like a maniac...which sold it to me over the Harley I tried.

Bad stuff: It’s the bobber version so the rear shocks are stiff and have minimal travel (about an inch!) - not ideal for a long journey over bumpy roads. Easily sorted with new rear shocks and there are lots on the market now. I haven’t bothered, yet. The regular Scout has more comfy shocks and a more relaxed riding position due to more swept back bars. The power/torque is such that you have to hang on for dear life when you open it up as your bum wants to slide back off the seat - I’ve added a pillion seat which happily stops the bumslide back but others have switched to the OEM comfort seat for the same result. The stock headlight isn’t great..worth the upgrade to the pathfinder led light which is..brilliant ;)

No issues with build quality. It feels like a very well designed, manufactured and constructed bike. I think Indian seem to be pretty reliably good from what I’ve read. They’re now owned by Polaris so quite a big R&D budget I’m sure. My dealership experience has also been generally positive.

Everywhere I go, all the time, people want to chat about it! It’s really beautiful in the metal and relatively uncommon.

As a slight aside I would just like to commend Delkevic for their exhausts

Next day delivery, really high quality product, UK made too, I was very impressed. Just bought the header pipes, up to the can, but they do full systems too.

https://delkevic.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Generally positive reviews from me. It’s very responsive to ride, doesn’t really handle like a cruiser (apart from the cruiser lean angle - my footpeg sliders will need replacing soon.) The motor is fantastic, huge v twin torque all the time, but because it can rev comfortably up to 8k the power is also there if you want to make progress. It doesn’t really feel heavy, it’s very low sitting so the centre of gravity is also very low. Came off the test ride grinning like a maniac...which sold it to me over the Harley I tried.

Bad stuff: It’s the bobber version so the rear shocks are stiff and have minimal travel (about an inch!) - not ideal for a long journey over bumpy roads. Easily sorted with new rear shocks and there are lots on the market now. I haven’t bothered, yet. The regular Scout has more comfy shocks and a more relaxed riding position due to more swept back bars. The power/torque is such that you have to hang on for dear life when you open it up as your bum wants to slide back off the seat - I’ve added a pillion seat which happily stops the bumslide back but others have switched to the OEM comfort seat for the same result. The stock headlight isn’t great..worth the upgrade to the pathfinder led light which is..brilliant ;)

No issues with build quality. It feels like a very well designed, manufactured and constructed bike. I think Indian seem to be pretty reliably good from what I’ve read. They’re now owned by Polaris so quite a big R&D budget I’m sure. My dealership experience has also been generally positive.

Everywhere I go, all the time, people want to chat about it! It’s really beautiful in the metal and relatively uncommon.
    Thanks that definitely helps. The only thing I think I’d find against would be the lean angle perhaps. It was terrible on the Street Bob and I’m getting used to leaning around corners again on the Interceptor. Perhaps I need to see one in the metal.

I bought this one https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/...ange/38650.htm
    I wasn't planning on gearing up in case I hated my CBT but due to Covid they're not lending anything so gloves and helmet were required.
    Did you buy it online without trying one for fit?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Perhaps I certainly need to see test ride one in the metal.
    FTFY
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Did you buy it online without trying one for fit?

R
    I bought it online but had already been in to a gear store trying on various helmets and the fella there helped with sizing. I was a M in all I tried so was confident to order the Bell in M. Fits as snugly as the ones that got the nod of approval from gear man. (who I bought gloves from, as in the end I didn't like sporty helmets as they felt really heavy and quite claustrophobic)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Just prior to a little 100 miler down to Ferndown and Wimborne via Salisbury and Ringwood.

All done on 2.97 litres of petrol costing £3.23.

I clocked up 4000 miles today since 25th April 2019.

scooter
    I REALLY want a monkey. Ive been looking at bigger bikes but always come back to it.
    I priced up adding Öhlins to the back, new front forks and a new sprocket and 428 chain and it came to about 2k though. OOft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    FTFY

Got my “new” blade back after new headers, pads, tyre and oil/filter....absolutely loving it! Fewer horses than my old 2012 version but doesn’t really feel like it above 7k revs. Bonkers and sounds like a very annoyed hornet.

Bargain at less than £2k imho. Doubt there’s a lot more fun I could have found for that sort of money. Plus £500 to get it non-lethal lol.

]
    Love the Indian :)

Master
    Just been to meet up with a chap that got in touch on the Ducati forum. He wanted to see my XDiavel. He’s completely deaf and feels a bit uncomfortable in dealers so I thought it’d help him out to have a look at my bike without the pressure of salesmen etc....

Anywho he turned up on this, which I thought was pretty damn cool😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Just been to meet up with a chap that got in touch on the Ducati forum. He wanted to see my XDiavel. He’s completely deaf and feels a bit uncomfortable in dealers so I thought it’d help him out to have a look at my bike without the pressure of salesmen etc....

Anywho he turned up on this, which I thought was pretty damn cool
    Lovely bike and a generous thing for you to do.

One thing that I really don't like is when people fit a fork brace and the gaiters look squashed. Reminds me of Nora Batty's stockings

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    ... Reminds me of Nora Batty's stockings
    Excellent.

Picked up the Scrambler 1200 yesterday and had a decent ride out this morning. Obviously I'm in the honeymoon period but I'm properly smitten with it.

Last edited by downer; 24th July 2020 at 14:23.

Nice Blade, proper animal. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love here for superbikes. Retro bikes seem to be the thing on TZ. I sold my RR4 Blade because I started to find the cramped uncomfortable riding position outweighed the Enjoyment for me. Soon I missed the spirited ride of a race rep and bought a ZX10R! Still cramped and uncomfortable but hit 7000 and you kind of forget about it! LOL

Last edited by manganr; 24th July 2020 at 15:43.

Miss this Blade!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

More bike related stuff

I REALLY want a monkey. Ive been looking at bigger bikes but always come back to it.
    I priced up adding Öhlins to the back, new front forks and a new sprocket and 428 chain and it came to about 2k though. OOft
    That’s only about the price of a BMW or Triumph tank bag though!

If you want one Celia, then go for it, YOLO as the kids say. And if you don’t enjoy it, you’ll get most of your money back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Nice Blade, proper animal. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love here for superbike. Retro seems to be the thing.I sold my RR4 Blade because I started to find the cramped uncomfortable position outweighed the Enjoyment for me. Missed the spirited ride of a race rep and bought a ZX10R! Still cramped and uncomfortable but hit 7000 and you kind of forget about it! LOL
    Still love sports bikes but age weight, speed cameras and every decent road now being 40mph, has all but killed the sports bike market for most of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

Anywho he turned up on this, which I thought was pretty damn cool😎😎
    Very cool bike and very good deed!

I know what you mean Dave. When I was younger it was all about speed but bikes didn't handle like they do now. The reality is I rarely venture over 120 these days. It's the sheer overtaking ferocity between 50 and 90 I enjoy now. Oh, and the razor sharp handling in the twisty bits.

Scrambler is beautiful and the two tone paintwork really lovely.

Maybe one day will bite the bullet and get one.

Whilst I miss the acceleration, handling and braking of my Blackbird it got to the point that the pain in my wrists outweighed the pleasure of riding it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

The Blackbird was never about handling Ralphy. Just top end speed which it does very well. I rode a friends albeit briefly but the handling was pants compared to something like a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Looks like an 850R , stunning condition, a true time warp bike. I can see why you bought it on the spot.

Steve
    I can see that now I'm on a PC with a hooj monitor rather than trying to read it on a phone without my reading glasses :-)

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I had a quick flirt out to Southport last sunday for some fish n chips at the local bike spot on the front. Saw a lovely Bonny T100 which had been tastily modded amongst many other nice bikes. Due to the close proximity of nearby objects I couldnt get a better angle really, and the pics really dont do the bike justice, it was really nicely done.

Stuart

More bike related stuff

Miss this Blade!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    That’s a beauty. RR4 was also on my radar...just had a mid 90’s urge on account of it being my dream bike as a youth. Plus it has an actual boot ;)

How’s the ZX10? Never owned a kwak sportsbike. I do hear great things though.

That’s a beauty. RR4 was also on my radar...just had a mid 90’s urge on account of it being my dream bike as a youth. Plus it has an actual boot ;)

How’s the ZX10? Never owned a kwak sportsbike. I do hear great things though.
    Times have changed Plake. You have to ride the RR4 to get the best out of it but when you ride it properly it feels like is atttached to the tarmac. The ZX10R has full blown electronic wizardry. To me that means the bike does more. But at 7k onwards it pulls your arms out of the sockets right up to the redline. Amazing to ride . The beautiful thing is everything is switchoffable...analogue.....that's where the Kwak excels. Best of both worlds. Still bloody uncomfortable though. They haven't fixed that yet!

Thanks that definitely helps. The only thing I think I’d find against would be the lean angle perhaps. It was terrible on the Street Bob and I’m getting used to leaning around corners again on the Interceptor. Perhaps I need to see one in the metal.
    My experience is that leaving a trail of sparks from the foot pegs is ok....I actually try for it now lol. With a massive v twin squaring off corners isn’t exactly a hardship either :)

Defo try it. There’s a lot to like.

Times have changed Plake. You have to ride the RR4 to get the best out of it but when you ride it properly it feels like is atttached to the tarmac. The ZX10R has full blown electronic wizardry. To me that means the bike does more. But at 7k onwards it pulls your arms out of the sockets right up to the redline. Amazing to ride . The beautiful thing is everything is switchoffable...analogue.....that's where the Kwak excels. Best of both worlds. Still bloody uncomfortable though. They haven't fixed that yet!
    Honda really do try hard to sort out the fireblade handling. Always successfully I think.
    Nice to have the option between an analogue and digital superbike, as it were.
    One of my major gripes with my old 1290 Superduke was that the TC (moderately essential) had unswitchable wheelie control built in (absolutely undesirable under all circumstances you’d find yourself on a superduke)
    Is the zx10 fairly reliable in your experience?

Blog Entries
    My experience is that leaving a trail of sparks from the foot pegs is ok....I actually try for it now lol. With a massive v twin squaring off corners isn’t exactly a hardship either :)

Defo try it. There’s a lot to like.
    Wasn't difficult to do on the Street Bob! I soon got used to the slow corners and use the torque to move along as you exit. Heard some good things about the Scout so will have a look at dealers.

After my impromptu purchase of another motorcycle from SC around a month ago, I found myself clearing a load of pallet dividers from the garage to make way for the bike, as they were stacked where the bike needed to go, I wasn’t ready for it and the space was a real mess with everything stacked precariously on top of each other.

I’ve been busy clearing the garage, painting the walls and ceiling, putting flooring down and sorting some racking. The floor was in really bad shape in places, very uneven and breaking up in some areas, poor patching in others, I didn’t do masses of work to correct this and the tiles have gone down ok-ish, really easy to fit and would recommend.

I’ve managed to make a nice workspace for myself, rgged up the optimiser for the bike battery and now can actually spend some time out there looking at the beautiful beast... all I need now is some nice weather to ride her again :-)

I think I could even squeeze another in if I really tried!

Glad to see your keeping her nice and clean, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Glad to see your keeping her nice and clean, Greg.
    Yes, I’m definitely a fair weather rider, my days of wet weather riding are behind me (unless caught out). The forecast is looking ok for a short ride out this morning, then I think a little clean and chain lube may be in order, I hope you’re enjoying your new toy.

My arse is feeling the effects of 10 owners and 23 years of sitting on the CBR’s seat, compressing the foam ...
    Had a very good experience of Sargent seats before so have ordered one which should be a straight swap. Also got matching covering for the pillion which I’ll take a view on stapling on as well.

My arse hasn’t had 10 owners ftr.

If there's something you want to share with us Plake we're a moderate understanding bunch. ;D

I managed to get out for a good run today and just beat the rain home.

Doesn’t look like it has seen a lot of rain in its life!! What a beautiful machine.

Doesn’t look like it has seen a lot of rain in its life!! What a beautiful machine.
    Thanks, It’s pretty new to me and hasn’t seen a drop since then, it came from this very SC and certainly seems to have led a sheltered life.

Master
    One of the first models I built as a kid, Tamiya 1:12. The exhausts were chrome plated and an absolute b@stard to glue, but I’ve loved the 750 Four ever since.

Beautiful.....but as we speak (or type) there's no doubt a hipster out there who'd just love to play with his angle grinder.....That bike deserves a protected status. Colour me green.

Master
    A few pics from the weekend..🤓

Picked up a new toy on the weekend and as it’s almost related to the bike theme thought I’d post it in here.

It’s a canam 800cc outlander. Apparently it makes 71hp so should go like the stink!

Needs some cleaning up though as my uncle wasn’t much of a washer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Beautiful.....but as we speak (or type) there's no doubt a hipster out there who'd just love to play with his angle grinder...
    Isn't that the truth.

This is an original Pan European from 1990:

And the first photo below is what someone did to it:

R

Journeyman
    hi lads, im planning on flying to the uk to buy a bonnie t100, from ireland. if anyone knows a good bike between 4500 and 5k, please let me know. dealer or private is fine. hope thats ok lads. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Isn't that the truth.

R
    I want to meet their personal drug dealers... they're flogging top notch stuff.