closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 107 of 357 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,350 of 17848

Thread: More bike related stuff

Went for a ride with both my lads today. The younger, is 19 and has a CBR125. He very rarely rides with me and his big bro, but we offered to go with him and assess his riding.
    I gave him the “don’t try to impress me” speech before we set off, which as it turns out might not have been needed.
    I was very pleasantly surprised. His road positioning needs a bit of refinement here and there, but he didn’t get too close to cars in front and hazard perception was good. He was pretty smooth and confident.
    We got properly wet a couple of times - very heavy showers and I’d gone out in my perforated jacket and jeans so my t-shirt was completely soaked.
    We rode past 2 police speed traps and a camera van. Guess the speeding campaign is in full swing in West Sussex!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    My exhaust is loud.
    And this is what I ended up with

But it is a twin, with nobbly tyres, so it is not something to rant to nuts off. The noise is relatively deep, with a low revving engine.

Dave
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    That is very nice! How does the bike handle on the 'nobbly' tyres compared to the standard ones? I've not ridden a Bonnie but I understand that they are nice and neutral in standard form.
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The road that I live on has a 60mph speed limit and is quite twisty so a popular route for bikers.

I really enjoy hearing them being ridden as they should be!
    I spent 20 years living next to the A684 between Leyburn and Hawes in North Yorkshire, I do have bikes but I can say with sincerity. THEY ARE A FCKIN ANNOYANCE!! One year the police did a count and on a single day they recorded over 5000 bikes going past the checkpoint from first to last light. If you don’t know the 684 just have a look and see why we get loads of dickheads.

It was a regular occurrence listening to some going up through the gears and knowing exactly where they were and thinking he’s not got to the end, then 20 mins later a nice yellow MD 902 would come and drag them away to hospital.

Yes that was a bit of a rant, but whoever says loud pipes doesn’t effect people are very mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have been really surprised. The Bonnie is certainly not a peg grinder in any sense, to start with. The knobblies have a slightly strange effect of feeling like there is the tiniest amount of play in the front bearings as you initiate a turn, but once you tip it in and load them up, they are surprisingly grippy and confidence inspiring. I really thought there would be a lot more of a sketchy feel to them, like you are about to lose grip, but that's not the case. These are Continental TKC80s, so have a genuine road doemension to the design.

Dave
    My Pal has Tkc80’s on his Yamaha XT 660, I cant stay with him on windy lanes, he just tips it in and as Sweets says once loaded up they grip really well.

More bike related stuff

First ride since being allowed to, last week over the Snake Pass and it was great to be back! ( Photo by Bikerpics )
    Last edited by Lammylee; 24th May 2020 at 14:15.

More bike related stuff

Lovely morning ride around 'the shires’ with Tony & Sam.
    Last edited by skmark; 24th May 2020 at 15:44.

Blog Entries
    Can't beat a nice rumble.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three

Nice pic Mark. Nice bikes too!

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A grunt monster from back in the day... 20 years old and clueless. How the heck did I survive?

Fitted with a Marshall and no baffles

Ha, your old bike is my bike now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That was indeed a lovely way to spend a few hours, and for the most part Calimoto's routing was spot on (not sure what happened on the home stretch, mind)! Here's another shot of the three bikes - all very different, actually, but I'd be happy to own the three

What KTM is that on the ride Tony?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Could it be a 790 Duke or R

Was out on the Scrambler again today. I love this thing. It's the smallest displacement I've owned in at least 20 years and it still makes me smile every time I open the barn door....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lovely pic Ray...missing the orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

790 Duke. Very nice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post

Oh my!! That looks fantastic.❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post

Lovely!!

^^^^^^ Proper indicators!

Craftsman
    None of this LED rubbish. Proper big lollipops!!!

Installed a tail tidy today as wanted a cleaner look at the back....

Before:

After:

Had to order some smaller led indicators as the originals now seem a bit large!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Couple of quick phone snaps from my rideout a couple weekends back up to Hawes and Devils Bridge, you can see the Ribbleshead Viaduct on one of them,

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Could it be a 790 Duke or R
    790 Duke

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Couple of quick phone snaps from my rideout a couple weekends back up to Hawes and Devils Bridge, you can see the Ribbleshead Viaduct on one of them,

Stuart
    The bike looks lovely, Stuart. I must admit, I'd love to swing a leg over the new RS - may have to pop into Triumph North London (although my record their is somewhat dangerous).

The bike looks lovely, Stuart. I must admit, I'd love to swing a leg over the new RS - may have to pop into Triumph North London (although my record their is somewhat dangerous).
    Haha cheers Tony. Get in there and have a scoot out on one. I have thought of looking at the new model, but tbh the only real plus for me would be the blipper on the downchange. The slight increase in mid range is not something I would notice on the road, I aint that good a rider. Aesthetically, there are very minor changes but not enough to make me want to chop my 18 RS in at the moment. Did you have the R or the RS? If you had the R then there is a lot of worthwhile differences going to the RS as you obviously know.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Haha cheers Tony. Get in there and have a scoot out on one. I have thought of looking at the new model, but tbh the only real plus for me would be the blipper on the downchange. The slight increase in mid range is not something I would notice on the road, I aint that good a rider. Aesthetically, there are very minor changes but not enough to make me want to chop my 18 RS in at the moment. Did you have the R or the RS? If you had the R then there is a lot of worthwhile differences going to the RS as you obviously know.

Stuart

Yes, I had the R. To be honest, I went for that over the RS as it's the only model that they provide in a low ride height; however, my confidence is greater now and I reckon I could cope with an extra couple of inches (oooeer!).

Yes, I had the R. To be honest, I went for that over the RS as it's the only model that they provide in a low ride height; however, my confidence is greater now and I reckon I could cope with an extra couple of inches (oooeer!).
    I’m not the tallest guy but I am comfortable at a stop on the RS, not full flat foot but the balls of my feet are down which I am fine with. My S1000RR was a tad too tall for me though and I was on tiptoes at a stop.

Have a scoot on a RS. Its like your R with way WAY better brakes, and improved suspension front and rear. Think its slightly more powerful as well, only a few HP, but its like inches isnt it, we could all do with an extra couple like you say

Stuart

Master
    140 miles around some of the best Shropshire roads I’ve e ever ridden on...

My next door neighbour on my Speedmaster leading the way, he knows Shropshire like the back of his hand, and took me on a route I’ve never been on before.

Culminating in Fish n Chips in Bridgenorth, most agreeable.

140 miles around some of the best Shropshire roads I’ve e ever ridden on...

My next door neighbour on my Speedmaster leading the way, he knows Shropshire like the back of his hand, and took me on a route I’ve never been on before.

Culminating in Fish n Chips in Bridgenorth, most agreeable.

i spend most of my time on the bike around shropshire , just past much wenlock by a large old pub called the acton arms a mobile speed camera is around on a regular basis (i think it got me on sun ).
    the A458 that runs from shrewsbury to bridgenorth is a cracking road you can then jump on another great road (A442) that runs past the bikers cafe at quatt , the 'shrewsbury loop' is a favourite bikers run that runs the A458 shrewsbury - A442 past quatt to kidderminster then A456 to wooferton then A49 all the way back up to shrewsbury .

Something new to get my teeth into!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Something new to get my teeth into!
    A Kawasaki? Now that's a surprise!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    A Kawasaki? Now that's a surprise!
    Oi! I’ve got an Aprilia too!

Master
    Fuel consumption for today’s ride for the Bobber and the Speedmaster..

Fuel consumption for today’s ride for the Bobber and the Speedmaster..

Blimey - I'm averaging 47mpg on the 9T

Master
    47 , 47 I used to dream of getting 47. I get 33 mpg put of my KH250 triple and 27/28 from my 250 Kr1s . “And you tell that to the kids of today and.......”

Ps did I mention the Monkey 180 to 213 mpg , outstanding!

Master
    My old Bobber was the same, used to regularly get 60+ MPG. Triumph have got a very efficient motor in the 1200 twin👍

My old Bobber was the same, used to regularly get 60+ MPG. Triumph have got a very efficient motor in the 1200 twin
    Nah, you ride like a pussycat

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Nah, you ride like a pussycat
    That is also true😈😈

Not sure of the mpg but I get 200-210 miles from the GSA tank before the warning light comes on - 30 litre tank!

Tomorrow I'll be booking on to do my CBT, yes way behind most on here, and I've resisted for many years, but with public transport not going to get much better anytime soon, and the roads still fairly quiet I'm thinking this is one of the better times to get on and learn.

Concerned just a little bit, but I've got to do it at some point.

Shame I couldn't spend a week or however long going for a full license though.

Fish

About 24mpg on my RGV, though for proper scary fuel consumption I recall a family holiday in 1975 where we towed an enormous caravan with a Rover P5B (3.5 litre V8) from Wiltshire to the Algarve and back.

It was a 3,300 mile or so round trip and the Rover managed an average of 8mpg, running on 5* leaded petrol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Tomorrow I'll be booking on to do my CBT, yes way behind most on here, and I've resisted for many years, but with public transport not going to get much better anytime soon, and the roads still fairly quiet I'm thinking this is one of the better times to get on and learn.

Concerned just a little bit, but I've got to do it at some point.

Shame I couldn't spend a week or however long going for a full license though.

Fish
    Have fun - you'll love it!

That is also true

I see that you're taking the "Move on!" advice literally
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 28th May 2020 at 09:46.

My old Bobber was the same, used to regularly get 60+ MPG. Triumph have got a very efficient motor in the 1200 twin
    Same here, my Speed Twin averages 60mpg and I'm not shy with the throttle when I get the chance

good grief, i get 30/32 mpg on my speed triple .

Never calculated my MPG on the S1000r or rr

I used to get just over 40mpg commuting on the GSXR 750
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Went for a reasonably spirited ride yesterday evening - the Diavel did 46mpg, which isn't unusual; my SDR generally returns about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Went for a reasonably spirited ride yesterday evening - the Diavel did 46mpg, which isn't unusual; my SDR generally returns about the same.
    SDR200?

Master
    Here’s my XDiavel average over 5000 miles. It’s currently in the dealers for a rear brake recall and a service. Bloody thing has never had a rear brake since I’ve owned it. Bleed it and it’d last a week or so, and then spongy as heck, rinse and repeat.
    Ducati finally admitted there was a problem, and have supplied new brake lines. It’d better work or it’ll be chopped in for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    SDR200?
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R

Here’s my XDiavel average over 5000 miles. It’s currently in the dealers for a rear brake recall and a service. Bloody thing has never had a rear brake since I’ve owned it. Bleed it and it’d last a week or so, and then spongy as heck, rinse and repeat.
    Ducati finally admitted there was a problem, and have supplied new brake lines. It’d better work or it’ll be chopped in for something else.
    I don't know what the set up is on the X but feeble rear brakes on Ducatis is not uncommon - the problem can be due to the brake line running too close to the exhaust and the fluid getting cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R
    That's a shame :-)