closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Phillips Hue Thoughts

Master
    Blog Entries

Phillips Hue Thoughts

Hi,

Just about to have a new kitchen and thinking about a Hue installation for the kitchen and rooms off it. Any experience that I should know about?

Would have searched but three letters etc 🙆

Thanks

Jon

I've had Philips Hue for years (I'm guessing at about 6) and it's been rock solid and very good. I've never experienced a Bulb failure. To be honest though, now that they're set up with the colour and brightness, and most are on a schedule to come on and switch off automatically, I barely think about them.

We have a combination of strips and bulbs. Learned after the first load that we don't care about colours so did the rest of the house with colourless bulbs.

We value the smart assistant integration along with the dimming, grouping and routines/holiday mode. A strip bordering the inside of your TV all the way round acts as a nice lamp.

I cannot tell you how good the "Alexa/Google/Siri, goodnight" command is once you have them. No wandering around turning off all the lights downstairs before you go to bed.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; Yesterday at 19:33.

Yes, I've just recently installed strip lights under the kitchen cupboards. I had to install a (3mtrs) extension to straddle the cooker hood. I bought the extension off Amazon from a company called Litcessory but extension doesn't work with the V4 Hue Striplight so be careful because Litcessory don't say it in their sales blurb.
    I've had to use Cat 6 cable to do this and it's very fiddly to solder
    Litcessory day they are working on a version 4 extension.
    Other than that, it's excellent and you will need the Hue bridge.
    I've bought the motion sensor to activate the lights.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess the very best a review can be is that you no longer think of them !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I have an expensive evening ahead of me.

Thanks for the note Rod about 3rd party... probably an area to really research before spending if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I've had Philips Hue for years (I'm guessing at about 6) and it's been rock solid and very good. I've never experienced a Bulb failure. To be honest though, now that they're set up with the colour and brightness, and most are on a schedule to come on and switch off automatically, I barely think about them.
    That sums up my experience as well. But beware - however many bulbs or strip lights you think you'll need, you won't be able to resist buying more!
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.