closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 154 of 357 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,700 of 17809

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’ll be organising a ride there at some point soon, Greg. Have you got a decent bike?
    Funnily enough...

Master
    New bike lift arrived yesterday.. luckily for me, my mate had called around for me to do a little welding job for him.

Good job too, the lift weighs almost 300kg and was on a pallet. No way would I have got it positioned on my own.. It’s a beast of a thing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I rarely get jealous, but this time I am what a great bit of kit.

does the plate come out for oil changes or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Since owning the Ducati, it’s always been a 2 person job to remove the rear wheel.

The nut is tightened to 230Nm and it requires the wife to sit on the bike, apply front and rear brakes whilst I use a 55mm socket with 3/4 drive breaker bar and a piece of scaffolding pole for extra leverage.

Doing the nut up is ok, 230Nm isn’t that much, but it requires around 375Nm to loosen...

Enter my new toy. A Dewalt DCF894 impact gun, it’s a beast of a gun rated at 447Nm but breakaway torque for undoing stuff is rated at a massive 813Nm.

I have this tools smaller version which is great for car lug nuts and the like, but wasn’t up to the Ducati wheel nut.

I charged the battery, fitted the socket and it spins the rear nut off in seconds. So easy.

You can’t beat an impact gun! I bought my mains powered one from Lidl as an impulse buy. It’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I rarely get jealous, but this time I am what a great bit of kit.

does the plate come out for oil changes or something?
    No... the plate is for that rare thing now days. A centre stand.

There is a drop down hatch at the rear for rear wheel removal though.

Blog Entries
    New bike lift arrived yesterday.. luckily for me, my mate had called around for me to do a little welding job for him.

Good job too, the lift weighs almost 300kg and was on a pallet. No way would I have got it positioned on my own.. It’s a beast of a thing.

Wow, that's a seriously good bit of kit.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Wow, that's a seriously good bit of kit.
    I saw them on a YouTube video in the Thornton 100 workshop... he had 3 of em and one had a rocket 3 on it, so I knew it’d be up to the job.

Not the cheapest, but I did get a discount by ringing up and chatting to one of the sales guys. It’s definitely an extravagance, but it’ll get plenty of use.

I’ve told all my mates my labour charges have now gone up from a breakfast fry up, to a fry up and lunch...🤪🤪

Blog Entries
    I saw them on a YouTube video in the Thornton 100 workshop... he had 3 of em and one had a rocket 3 on it, so I knew it’d be up to the job.

Not the cheapest, but I did get a discount by ringing up and chatting to one of the sales guys. It’s definitely an extravagance, but it’ll get plenty of use.

I’ve told all my mates my labour charges have now gone up from a breakfast fry up, to a fry up and lunch...浪浪
    Ha ha, sounds like a bargain labour rate but watch your waistline!!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Liking this a lot! Aesthetic balance just right. And comfort too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve told all my mates my labour charges have now gone up from a breakfast fry up, to a fry up and lunch...浪浪
    Very nice setup.
    Your labour rate is still very reasonable - I'd even throw in a pint :

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Very nice setup.
    Your labour rate is still very reasonable - I'd even throw in a pint :
    For a pint I’d even clean the bike when I’m done🥃🥃

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Liking this a lot! Aesthetic balance just right. And comfort too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks a LOT better than the Trident!

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    That looks a LOT better than the Trident!
    It does but by the time you've bought the Speed Twin, the kit and the Hattech exhaust it will cost a LOT more than the Trident too.

(and that's before you've paid Enoch a breakfast, a pint and a pack of chocolate digestives to swap it over)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It does but by the time you've bought the Speed Twin, the kit and the Hattech exhaust it will cost a LOT more than the Trident too.

(and that's before you've paid Enoch a breakfast, a pint and a pack of chocolate digestives to swap it over)
    True enough. The cost of supplies is gonna mount up :)

If chocolate digestives are included in the deal, can I volunteer to run Enoch’s South East franchise?

I've got the electric version. Had it more than 10 years now, no other lift comes close to the quality. . Plus a scissor lift bench doesn't need as much room as a cantilever type bench.
    Last edited by steptoe; 21st October 2020 at 14:39.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I've got the electric version. Had it more than 10 years now, no other lift comes close to the quality. . Plus a scissor lift bench doesn't need as much room as a cantilever type bench.
    This one is electric too👍 I hope I’m still around in 10 years time to enjoy it🤔🤔

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Well, looks like my runs into Wales are scuppered for the foreseeable. To be honest though, with the weather as it is now I aint fussed as the bikes cleaned and tucked away on the trickler. Suppose its a wait and see now what happens with further lockdowns.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Well, looks like my runs into Wales are scuppered for the foreseeable. To be honest though, with the weather as it is now I aint fussed as the bikes cleaned and tucked away on the trickler. Suppose its a wait and see now what happens with further lockdowns.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

just warmer days for me from now on as well.

probably shorter journeys as well as I dont feel safe in cafes to warm up now everything is kicking off.

Thats if I can fix my bikes gear change,I could do with a bike lift,as it is I have to lie on the floor outside to get to it,happy days

Master

Ah but what about if you already have the Speed Twin and a packet of choccie digestives in the cupboard!

In all honesty, I do like the fairing and belly pan but not sure how that would work with stock bars, wouldn't want to go clip-ons. The rest I can leave.

Master
    A couple of videos to bore you all with whilst eating a chocolate digestive.

A couple of videos to bore you all with whilst eating a chocolate digestive.
    Excellent videos

Posted a little 500-mile review of the thruxton, for anyone bored interested

Posted a little 500-mile review of the thruxton, for anyone bored interested

Great video as always Tony. It's funny though after watching it earlier this morning I thought to myself......I bet Tony is thinking about putting a screen/fairing on the bike. Now much later I've just been on the 'other forum' and who should I see asking about fairings.........I had to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Great video as always Tony. It's funny though after watching it earlier this morning I thought to myself......I bet Tony is thinking about putting a screen/fairing on the bike. Now much later I've just been on the 'other forum' and who should I see asking about fairings.........I had to laugh.
    Haha - I know, but that Puig is perfect in terms of style... definitely more of a fairing than a screen but nice and compact. I’m very tempted, the only thing stopping me at the moment being that it’s a universal fit rather than bike-specific.

So I promised my other half that I would not go mad on the new bike, well after 50 miles it is the garage for the following on my new softail

New mini LED front and rear indicators
    Replace awful silver derby cover with a black one
    Gear levers replaced with black ones
    Black front fork covers
    Black flush filler cap
    Black headlight trim

With the stage 1, short shots exhausts and handlebars, I think I will be good for now, but replacing the rear fender with a shorter one is getting high on the wish list.

It looks like I have gone from watches to bikes and BBQ...OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    So I promised my other half that I would not go mad on the new bike, well after 50 miles it is the garage for the following on my new softail

New mini LED front and rear indicators
    Replace awful silver derby cover with a black one
    Gear levers replaced with black ones
    Black front fork covers
    Black flush filler cap
    Black headlight trim

With the stage 1, short shots exhausts and handlebars, I think I will be good for now, but replacing the rear fender with a shorter one is getting high on the wish list.

It looks like I have gone from watches to bikes and BBQ...OCD
    I know the feeling. Having sworn I wasn't going to farkle my bike any further I've spent the last hour looking at Pazzo (and various other) brake & clutch levers. Hmmm, gold (to match the forks) or black...

And that was after spending the previous hour looking at flyscreen/fairing options!

As for watches, I barely think about them having immersed myself fully in the whole biking thing. Not sure it's any less expensive, though.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 23rd October 2020 at 15:04.

I know the feeling. Having sworn I wasn't going to farkle my bike any further I've spent the last hour looking at Pazzo (and various other) brake & clutch levers. Hmmm, gold (to match the forks) or black...

And that was after spending the previous hour looking at flyscreen/fairing options!

As for watches, I barely think about them having immersed myself fully in the whole biking thing. Not sure it's any less expensive, though.
    Watches?? Ah yes now I remember.......that's what led us all here in the first place

Enjoying the dryish days when I can!

Master

SOTC

No, not posted in wrong section of the forum, been quite a busy 6 months or so with various ins and outs, so bit of an update…

Out Honda RVF400

Little pocket rocket from 1994 I retrieved from the sellers shed in various pieces a few miles from where I live, in a bit of a state and needed completely going through. Had a couple of summers road use and did around 2000 miles, great fun and can rev it out on the road but a little cramped for the mature gentleman. Good ones with original body work are now over £5K.

Out Honda Fireblade 1999

Last of the carbed versions and was to be a keeper as pretty original, that was until it fell off the side stand overnight due to a rear tyre puncture picked up close to home that I was unaware of and mega dinged the tank on another bike. Required a repaint and non-original decals as they are discontinued by Honda.

Out Honda CBR600RR

Cracking track bike I had for 8 years, never missed a beat and way better then me, but part traded for the “in” 2013 Fireblade below. Both bikes from the same local bike builder who also does the paint.

Out Honda Firestorm

Real good value V twin for the road, this one was in as good condition as I have seen but can’t keep them all..

Pending out Honda XR600R

Currently on eBay, not had long and a hoot on the road having changed the gearing, but I have joined the local Trail Riders group and it would be a bit of a handful for me off road. Also kick start only which is a doddle when fresh and on the tarmac, not so sure when knackered and in the middle of a stream!

In Honda CBR1000RR

2013 model but converted to track bike with daytime MOT. Managed to do Oulton and Croft this year and getting to grips with it, but nowhere near using its full potential. Day time MOT is handy for a quick spin before track days to make sure all is ok, but its not really a good idea without mirrors, indicators etc.

In Honda XL 1000 Varadero

A sensible bike at last! Loved the firestorm and this bike uses the same engine, detuned a bit for touring. Comfy and more appropriate to my advancing years and hoping to get across to Europe next year and if not will probably do the NC500 up in Scotland again.

In KTM 350 Enduro/Green Laner

What, not a Honda ? Well, broke my rule of many years as all the pointers I got from my new trail riding buddies was that this is the one to go for. I’ve gone Orange, pick it up on Monday and a whole new world of biking awaits!

Nice to get a bike-related visit from bwest76 today.

Didn't actually get to ride bikes, but we did point at bikes and talk rubbish which in the end is what it's all about.

... and it's always nice for someone to leave with lift envy :-)

This one is electric too I hope I’m still around in 10 years time to enjoy it樂樂
    Bugger, from your photo I thought it was connected to your compressor and that got me thinking about modifying mine (foot-lever hydraulic).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post

In Honda CBR1000RR

2013 model but converted to track bike with daytime MOT. Managed to do Oulton and Croft this year and getting to grips with it, but nowhere near using its full potential. Day time MOT is handy for a quick spin before track days to make sure all is ok, but its not really a good idea without mirrors, indicators etc.
    !
    One of the bestest race-rep paint jobs out there! (I liked the Wilson Craig one too)

Master
    I think I've topped out on my changes to the R9T ... been costly, but worth it. (according to usual man maths rules!)

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Watches?? Ah yes now I remember.......that's what led us all here in the first place
    I completely agree ... watches having dropped down the list of my priorities as well.
    Having used to daydream about what's the next watch it's now more a case of can I fit another bike in the garage/what would I swap to next?

Master
    Blog Entries

You can justify the Pazzo levers as they give very good adjustment,I hated the shortys preffering the long ones.
    eBay copy’s are not as good,people will argue they are.black with gold adjusters maybe?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Nice to get a bike-related visit from bwest76 today.

Didn't actually get to ride bikes, but we did point at bikes and talk rubbish which in the end is what it's all about.

... and it's always nice for someone to leave with lift envy :-)

Lift envy,big garage envy,lots of bikes envy the list goes on

I kept meaning to ask what watch you where wearing,I put on a decent watch as I was visiting you but bikes take precedence and we didn’t mention them.

Thanks once again for the panniers.

Lift envy,big garage envy,lots of bikes envy the list goes on

I kept meaning to ask what watch you where wearing,I put on a decent watch as I was visiting you but bikes take precedence and we didn’t mention them.

Thanks once again for the panniers.
    PRS18Q on Eddie's orange nylon/deployant today.

You?

Master
    Blog Entries
    PRS18Q on Eddie's orange nylon/deployant today.

You?
    Zenith Tipo,normally a Casio out of the house in these times as I can wash it under the tap.

Zenith Tipo.
    Oh, shame we talked bikes so much, of have liked to have seen that

My bike insurance costs are becoming ridiculous

My premium is now £69.44.

You can justify the Pazzo levers as they give very good adjustment,I hated the shortys preffering the long ones.
    eBay copy’s are not as good,people will argue they are.black with gold adjusters maybe?
    I’m thinking shorties as I want to try to get used to two-finger operation and my existing levers hit my other fingers when I do it.

Not sure yet about the gold & black/black & gold conundrum. If I knew that the Pazzo gold was a match for the Showa forks I’d definitely go bling.

My bike insurance costs are becoming ridiculous

My premium is now £69.44.
    Bastard.

Bastard.
    And the old girl sailed through the mot yet again...

Craftsman
    And the old girl sailed through the mot yet again...

Nice bike, had two previously, one sold one ended up in the side of a BMW 3 Series that turned in fromt of me. Love the air heads. On my list to buy another one, but so are a lot of bikes :) Hankering after a Tiger Cub at the moment. Have a new RT as my daily ride

Master
    I’m thinking shorties as I want to try to get used to two-finger operation and my existing levers hit my other fingers when I do it.
    Please don’t. They look ridiculous and in my humble opinion are bordering on dangerous. All of my bikes have full length levers and I always use 2 finger braking.

I’m not sure why you’d be trapping your other fingers, but I suspect lever or hand position could need adjustment.. short levers aren’t the answer.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Nice bike, had two previously, one sold one ended up in the side of a BMW 3 Series that turned in fromt of me. Love the air heads. On my list to buy another one, but so are a lot of bikes :) Hankering after a Tiger Cub at the moment. Have a new RT as my daily ride
    As it hasn't covered many miles in the last year, I took it for a 20 or so mile spin on the way home from the test centre. It was cold, windy and raining.

The bike reminded me of why I love it but don't ride it very much.

I stayed warm, dry and comfortable. 👍🏻

The bike followed every tiny imperfection in the road, felt insecure on the corners and was neither keen at speeding up or slowing down. 👎🏻

Not sure yet about the gold & black/black & gold conundrum. If I knew that the Pazzo gold was a match for the Showa forks I’d definitely go bling.
    I'll just leave this here....

ASV

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post

ASV
    its probably bike and/or bar dependent, but ASV where OK but on my bike,but Pazzo fitted and worked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post

ASV
    Yes, I’ve looked at ASV. However, they’re £30 more expensive than the equivalent Pazzos and then I’d need to factor in shipping from the US, import duty & VAT, and the risk of them going astray (I can’t seem to find the configuration I’d want here in the UK).

Edit: Actually, the forged ASVs are a fair bit cheaper, so they may be an option (not sure if Pazzos are forged or billet, though).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 24th October 2020 at 17:52.

Talking of gold levers, here are some Raximo ones posted in a Fantic Caballero group I'm in. I think the match the fork reasonably well.

Having said that I have no issues with the levers on it except that they feel huge...
    Please don’t. They look ridiculous and in my humble opinion are bordering on dangerous.
    Out of interest, why do you think they're dangerous? I'm used to short levers on my mountain bikes (and single finger braking) so normal levers on a motorbike feel massive to me. It's not a big issue but if I changed the levers I'd be very tempted to get shorter ones.