closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283
Results 14,101 to 14,124 of 14124

Thread: More bike related stuff

Congratulations Foggy and welcome to biking!

Congratulations Foggy.

For obvious reasons I believe this should be your first bike:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-de...02210060482527

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Congratulations Foggy.

For obvious reasons I believe this should be your first bike:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-de...02210060482527

Bloody hell, I sold mine for six grand years ago and could have bought an original 94 strata for £2500 in 2008!

But yes, foggy should be on a Ducati.

The 916 was a fabulous bike, fabulously pretty.

Went to Motorcycle live today.

Sat on lots of bikes.

Didn't buy anything.

Discovered that the Super Cub 110 isn't imported into the UK so wasn't able to take the desired watch/bike combo photo.

Thought motorcycle live was great for seeing the bikes this year but not great for picking up gear. Did buy a new helmet though

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Thought motorcycle live was great for seeing the bikes this year but not great for picking up gear. Did buy a new helmet though
    Indeed.

It's great to have all the bikes together to confirm that I'm too old and inflexible to ride most of them in one go rather than having to troop round all the dealers to confirm the same.

And on the Indoor Adventure Experience experience, I discovered that I never want to ride a Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin DCT on the dirt again. On the road, maybe, but not on the dirt.

Yeah my sports bike days are well over! Iíve bought bar risers and going to get the seat raised for the H2 SX as my wrists and knees can only manage 90 mins

I was there today too. Bought a reinforced hoodie to look like a yob on the xjr.

I was surprised at just how many small electric bikes were there and just how expensive the new Dot 650s are considering they are a Kawasaki engine in what looks like a CCM frame!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The 916 was a fabulous bike, fabulously pretty.
    Had a 996 few years back. Stunning bike, learnt more than I expected, and I felt like it wanted to kill me.

Most challenging yet rewarding bike I ever rode, but you really needed to be the size of Foggy in reality to ride it in my opinion.

WellÖ Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Had a 996 few years back. Stunning bike, learnt more than I expected, and I felt like it wanted to kill me.

Most challenging yet rewarding bike I ever rode, but you really needed to be the size of Foggy in reality to ride it in my opinion.
    Are there any bikes where you need to be the size of a Giant Haystacks Warwick Davis cross to ride?

Asking for a friend...

Any recommendations for a few day's riding in Tenerife?

I'm piggybacking on a friend's holiday but in the daytime I'll basically be on my own with a rented motorbike for three days.
    I'm staying at the very south of the island but happy to ride all day - go somewhere nice for lunch and then ride back.

Had ceramic coating and film put on the KTM. Not cheap but what a brilliant job. Great day to be out for the ride home too!

IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Any recommendations for a few day's riding in Tenerife?

I'm piggybacking on a friend's holiday but in the daytime I'll basically be on my own with a rented motorbike for three days.
    I'm staying at the very south of the island but happy to ride all day - go somewhere nice for lunch and then ride back.
    This is something Iím thinking about too- Iíve friends with a place there Iíve access to

I bought a shoei gt air 2 with Sena mesh at motorcycle live which arrived today. Snuck off for a ride this afternoon, amazing helmet- so quiet, comfortable and the tech just works. If youíre looking for a new lid, highly recommended!

Journeyman
    Does anyone here with a t120 or has ridden one have any opinions on what it would be like as a first bike? Got my licence back in 2019 but yet to pull the trigger on a bike.

Planning on selling my BMW HP2Sport next year, and agreed to sell the Akrapovic titanium race exhaust to a fella in Bulgaria - so out to the garage this morning to remove it (surprisingly easy) and wipe it down with GT85 and pack up for his collection.

When you compare it to the original BMW exhaust (which ain't exactly heavy) - it is featherweight!

Sorry to see it go, but makes sense.

Craftsman
    My poor old T7 has been through some hard trails, and I put a massive dink in the Leo Vince can I had fitted in a little tumble.
    I wasn't even on the bike. I got myself stuck on a nasty set of rocky steps, got off the bike to walk it back down, slipped and the bike landed on an anvil point rock.

It was still serviceable, but looked a bit too beaten up really. Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.

I was nervous buying from there, but the guy was a star, and I am really pleased with both the seller, who went the extra mile with packing and quick postage, and the Wings when I had it in my hands.

It looks and sounds fantastic. Possibly a bit more fruity sounding than I expected but wow, definately worth the price!

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    My poor old T7 has been through some hard trails, and I put a massive dink in the Leo Vince can I had fitted in a little tumble.
    Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.
    It looks and sounds fantastic. Possibly a bit more fruity sounding than I expected but wow, definately worth the price!
    Unlucky...but the Wings does look good

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I wasn't even on the bike. I got myself stuck on a nasty set of rocky steps, got off the bike to walk it back down, slipped and the bike landed on an anvil point rock.

It was still serviceable, but looked a bit too beaten up really. Just put a Wings can, that I bought via Facebook, on it.

I was nervous buying from there, but the guy was a star, and I am really pleased with both the seller, who went the extra mile with packing and quick postage, and the Wings when I had it in my hands.

Very nice - keep thinking of an am can for mine - the wings look good

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Unlucky...but the Wings does look good
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Very nice - keep thinking of an am can for mine - the wings look good
    If the dB level doesn't offend you the Wings is the way to go. I do prefer the looks of the Leo Vince, but this sounds great. I might change my mind once I get a decent amount of miles on it though, I generally prefer a quieter bike.

Master
    Lovely ride out around N Wales today..Sunshine, and hardly anyone on the roads, just the job for a relaxing time..

So the 2008 GSXR 750 Iíve had since 2009 and was my only bike until 2014 when I converted it to track use only, is sold and will be collected on Wednesday evening.
    The buyer is also having my trailer, tyre warmers and other bits and pieces for track day riding.

Itís the end of an era for me. Iíve been doing bike track days since 2005, but got really into them in 2014. However the last 18 months Iíve just not been properly ďon itĒ and not getting the same buzz from track riding.

Iíll probably still do the odd day on my road bike, but Iím planning to focus on car track days for the next few years.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC82 Green - not the black versions.