Page 59 of 354 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Blog Entries

Another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I knew it.
    I’m starting to think I might need one........
    It` your lucky day!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bespoke-M...EAAOSwFM1dDfP1

That Dunstall Norton would be a lovely thing to own.
    Be eligible for classic series too.
    Don't think it's got much history though.
    All the same....some luck punter will snap it up.
    Good luck to the bloke.
    (or blokette)

Master
    Blog Entries
    So much nice stuff it was bewildering so I only took a few photos.
    Ludgershall will be more of the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Aww...... unfortunately it only fits Sportys not Dynas.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Please tell me your mate hates his ThruxtonR, that they are truly terrible and I should definitely not make any plans to buy such an obviously pretty and well speced bike in the next 12 months
    Thanks.
    Weeeel......mmmm I have 2 mates that have Thruxton R’s. The one in tat pic and my other mate that have the nose fairing on his...

Bother love em❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👍👍🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Please tell me your mate hates his ThruxtonR, that they are truly terrible and I should definitely not make any plans to buy such an obviously pretty and well speced bike in the next 12 months
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Weeeel......mmmm I have 2 mates that have Thruxton R’s. The one in tat pic and my other mate that have the nose fairing on his...

Bother love em❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️浪浪
    Ah crap, thanks...off to play vehicle chess, and make sure the dog house is nice and clean ready for my return! That non-faired one is pretty much my ideal spec

That's lovely...always wanted one back in the day.

73-DD6-F10-E730-4-B4-F-A14-B-C55-EA2-AFB32-F by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

Nearest I got was my Pantah 600 which took 2 years to restore from an E Bay basket case...Unfortunately she went to a new owner 10 years or so ago...fetching good money now if you can find a nice one.

878 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

889 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

893 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

936 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

1003 by Steve Bolt, on Flickr

My 350 Desmo in the 80's/90's. Very rare indeed. Found completely disassembled, in a multitude of cardboard boxes. Once I'd restored it over a few years I never once rode it, and it ended up in a glass case in a guy's living room in Norway. The bike was used as the subject matter in one of Mick Walker's Desmo books. Oh how I wish I could have kept it. Even had a new spare head for it.

Last edited by Mouse; 26th June 2019 at 14:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My 350 Desmo in the 80's/90's. Very rare indeed. Found completely disassembled, in a multitude of cardboard boxes. Once I'd restored it over a few years I never once rode it, and it ended up in a glass case in a guy's living room in Norway. The bike was used as the subject matter in one of Mick Walker's Desmo books. Oh how I wish I could have kept it. Even had a new spare head for it.

Beautiful.

That's a gorgeous machine

There's a guy on UKGSer doing a restoration on a 250 Desmo, an interesting read.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ducati+project

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    That's a gorgeous machine

There's a guy on UKGSer doing a restoration on a 250 Desmo, an interesting read.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ducati+project

It was a beauty Duncan. One of Ducati's finest of the era. I remember going into a dealership as a 'kid' and wishing I could have afforded one, but the dream was fulfilled many years later by a very lucky find.

Took a lot of work to restore and a lot of parts I had to either remanufacture myself or have made especially by others. I recall that the filler cap was built up from three examples in order to end up with one that was perfect. The fuel tap had to be completely reworked internally. The list of work seemed endless and it's the attention to detail that makes all the difference, but it was great fun (if rather expensive!). I did end up with a little sideline at the end, making and selling repro rear-sets, fibreglass parts (I had taken moulds of the originals), and decals which I had to have reproduced for mine. Even in the 80s many of the parts were N/A which was a right pain.

One of the hardest things was finding a new Borrani rim for one of the wheels. I found what was probably the last NOS one in the country. There was no way I was fitting Akront haha

I daren't look at the link.........it'll likely upset me too much!

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Funnily enough I started on a GS.....first geared bike after passing my test was a R1200GS! Lovely bike but sold soon after as at 5'8" with a 29" inside leg and 70kg it was just too much of a bike for me. I replaced it with a F650GS (the twin 800cc one) when they first came out and just loved it.

However, I then dabbled with other types of bikes having lovely Triumph Street Triple before returning to scooters again. I'm now back on bikes and I'm loving my Ducati Scrambler (I might have mentioned this before ;o)).....the point being though that I'd happy have any one of my former bikes again in the blink of an eye. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I love all bikes.....but there are a lot of different types to choose from these days and don't knock any until you've tied one. You might surprise yourself.
    We really must arrange a ride, Mark - I'm around at the moment too, as I have a short break before phase 2 of my current contract starts. Just drop me a PM if you have some time to get out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I'll take it, thanks

It was a beauty Duncan. One of Ducati's finest of the era. I remember going into a dealership as a 'kid' and wishing I could have afforded one, but the dream was fulfilled many years later by a very lucky find.

Took a lot of work to restore and a lot of parts I had to either remanufacture myself or have made especially by others. I recall that the filler cap was built up from three examples in order to end up with one that was perfect. The fuel tap had to be completely reworked internally. The list of work seemed endless and it's the attention to detail that makes all the difference, but it was great fun (if rather expensive!). I did end up with a little sideline at the end, making and selling repro rear-sets, fibreglass parts (I had taken moulds of the originals), and decals which I had to have reproduced for mine. Even in the 80s many of the parts were N/A which was a right pain.

One of the hardest things was finding a new Borrani rim for one of the wheels. I found what was probably the last NOS one in the country. There was no way I was fitting Akront haha

I daren't look at the link.........it'll likely upset me too much!
    Wow, that's what I call serious dedication. It's the small jobs and attention to detail that takes 90% of the time, the thing is when people view the finished article they can never really appreciate the sheer effort that's gone in! The end results looks fantastic from the photographs.

A quick consolidated R9T update as there have been quite a few changes (with some more to come)...

MachineArt X-Head engine protectors...

Wunderlich tank pads (I'm not 100% sure about the centre pad but I couldn't find anything better and the knee pads look great)...

Puig bar end mirrors (the lane splitters were just too small)...

Evotech oil cooler guard...

And Remus flapper delete...

I also have a Unit Garage slip-on due to arrive this week and some nice orange Strada 7 shorty levers on the way. Oh, and I'm about to drop a Scrambler seat off for re-upholstering... it'll be black with orange piping and stitching when it's done. I also want to fit a Monza fuel cap but haven't decided which one to go for as yet.

I'll update the thread with photos as and when they're fitted

Tony that looks all very nice. The slip on will complete it and then you'll be shopping to headers!

Are the mirrors the wrong way round? Do you need to rotate 180 degrees on each?

Wow, that's what I call serious dedication. It's the small jobs and attention to detail that takes 90% of the time, the thing is when people view the finished article they can never really appreciate the sheer effort that's gone in! The end results looks fantastic from the photographs.
    Kind words Duncan. Such work (though historic race cars) was my life back in the day and it's nice when the results are appreciated by people. Makes it all worthwhile :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Tony that looks all very nice. The slip on will complete it and then you'll be shopping to headers!

Are the mirrors the wrong way round? Do you need to rotate 180 degrees on each?
    I'm trying to avoid looking at headers as I want to put any further money into the suspension.

Well spotted with regard to the mirrors (although that's the way that Triumph fit them, as it happens) - I have a problem with regard to the width of the gate at the side of the house so faced them inwards. I know I could upturn them each time I go in or out but I don't want to loosen them over time as they'll be more prone to vibration - they're nice and tight at the moment, and they still give me a great angle of view.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We really must arrange a ride, Mark - I'm around at the moment too, as I have a short break before phase 2 of my current contract starts. Just drop me a PM if you have some time to get out yourself.
    Hi Tony....I’ve not forgotten you . I’ve got the opposite problem....fully employed at the moment at work....and at home .
    I do fancy a trip up to Ducati Aylesbury sometime though...fancy a test ride of the new Full Throttle. Could be part of a trip out?

Re your bar end mirrors...I have some very similar and have them facing in over too....it’s more badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to avoid looking at headers as I want to put any further money into the suspension.

Well spotted with regard to the mirrors (although that's the way that Triumph fit them, as it happens) - I have a problem with regard to the width of the gate at the side of the house so faced them inwards. I know I could upturn them each time I go in or out but I don't want to loosen them over time as they'll be more prone to vibration - they're nice and tight at the moment, and they still give me a great angle of view.
    I watched the recent YT upload Tony and heard you mention changing the forks and possibly the rear shock too I think. Any reason why? Surely the stock oem kit has to be upto the riding you'll be doing here on UK roads or did I miss something in the video?

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    I watched the recent YT upload Tony and heard you mention changing the forks and possibly the rear shock too I think. Any reason why? Surely the stock oem kit has to be up to the riding you'll be doing here on UK roads or did I miss something in the video?

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Good question, Steve. Riding style, road quality, corner speed, etc all play a part in determining whether the stock set up (very harsh rear shock, slightly unrefined non-adjustable front forks) is good enough or not. However, there's no doubt that when pushed it leaves a lot to be desired and I've already noticed that (particularly when cornering at speed) as I begin to ride the 9T in a more spirited style. It's not a horrendously expensive job to put a decent shock on the rear (Wilbers, Nitron, Ohlins, etc) and to put a cartridge kit inside the forks (Andreani seems to be a highly-rated and cost effective option, as well as the other usual suspects) and those who have done so report a ride that's completely transformed.

Now, if you interrogated me intensely you may conclude that I could get by as it is, and you may well be right. However, and as you know yourself, common sense plays little part in these option appraisal processes

Now, if you interrogated me intensely you may conclude that I could get by as it is, and you may well be right. However, and as you know yourself, common sense plays little part in these option appraisal processes
    How true.

I may have to fit Ohlins piggyback shocks to my new Triumph because... well because they are yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    How true.

I may have to fit Ohlins piggyback shocks to my new Triumph because... well because they are yellow.

If anyone's in the Shoreditch area today I'm going to be popping into The Bike Shed later this morning for one of their incredible breakfasts and a mooch around. A bit of company/bike chat would be most welcome.

Master
    Good question, Steve. Riding style, road quality, corner speed, etc all play a part in determining whether the stock set up (very harsh rear shock, slightly unrefined non-adjustable front forks) is good enough or not. However, there's no doubt that when pushed it leaves a lot to be desired and I've already noticed that (particularly when cornering at speed) as I begin to ride the 9T in a more spirited style. It's not a horrendously expensive job to put a decent shock on the rear (Wilbers, Nitron, Ohlins, etc) and to put a cartridge kit inside the forks (Andreani seems to be a highly-rated and cost effective option, as well as the other usual suspects) and those who have done so report a ride that's completely transformed.

Tony when I collected my BMW F650GS from Revs racing in Halesowen following a Wilbers front and rear upgrade, I thought they had also bled the brakes!

Why because at the first roundabout the bike stopped so quickly and with no dive! I was truly transformative.

I would go as far as saying the front end upgrade £300 was more noticeable than the rear £700. If i was upgrading again I would certainly do the forks first. I did a ride in ride out fit, it would have been interesting to assess each change rather than both together.

An ex police rider on UKGSER recons good suspension is worth 10-15 mph.

Key thing is get your weight calculation right including your heaviest gear and any luggage, plus of course the pillion if carried. This allows the suspension manufacturer to tune the shock to you. In my case I omitted to include the rear Touratech rack and Adventure spec crash bars. These alone were nearly 20kgs.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony when I collected my BMW F650GS from Revs racing in Halesowen following a Wilbers front and rear upgrade, I thought they had also bled the brakes!

Why because at the first roundabout the bike stopped so quickly and with no dive! I was truly transformative.

I would go as far as saying the front end upgrade £300 was more noticeable than the rear £700. If i was upgrading again I would certainly do the forks first. I did a ride in ride out fit, it would have been interesting to assess each change rather than both together.

An ex police rider on UKGSER recons good suspension is worth 10-15 mph.

Key thing is get your weight calculation right including your heaviest gear and any luggage, plus of course the pillion if carried. This allows the suspension manufacturer to tune the shock to you. In my case I omitted to include the rear Touratech rack and Adventure spec crash bars. These alone were nearly 20kgs.
    That’s interesting, and reflects what I hear about suspension upgrades on the 9T. I think it’s something I’ll proceed with as soon as I’ve sorted the formalities on my next work project.

If you are on eBay there is 20% off today (max £75) on some stores (PURE20)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/motocentralltd has lots of bike gear with the 20% off.

Master
    Just a quick drop into this thread to say that I hope everyone has managed to get some decent riding in this year so far.

My current record has been disastrous due to renovating my house and generally travelling and working a lot.

I also wasn't looking at my bike with anticipation of going out riding. I dropped her off for an overdue service (Kawa Versys 650 GT) a few weeks ago and had informed them I would need a loaner bike for the morning. When I arrived they didn't have much on hand to loan out so I was in luck that they had the Triumph Bobber demo bike keys available. Was immediately smitten with the looks and the ride.

Long story short I dropped my Versys GT off with them on Friday and ordered the bobber. I'm away for a month for work and will pick it up when i get back.

Last goodbye at the dealers.

Interesting Tony. I've not bought a new bike since 2004, and my 2nd bike is a year older and was purchased used with 18k on the clock. I've never had a time when I thought I need to upgrade or modify the suspension on either, (well apart from the bling factor of Ohlins) although I've had the forks serviced on both and the sag height set to suit me, so both front and back ends always work well together.

I was surprised to hear, that on a 2018/19 bike that the suspension wouldn't perform to allow you to enjoy the bike to its full potential. I can understand they may be pushed to the limits and possibly beyond if racing or on a track day etc. Maybe you're pushing the Beemer harder than the designers had intended

If I was to buy something a little newer I'd be disappointed to have to modify or change major components like springs, shocks etc. Minor things like levers, mirrors seat etc I can understand though, as these are a personal thing.

The way you described the engine characteristics in your recent YT upload gave the impression that you ride the bike using the torque at the bottom end, in a similar way to my Ducati twins, and not at the top end of the rev range. This gave me the impression of a more laid back & relaxed ride compared to your Speed Triple that preceded it, when you mentioned the bike seemed to be taking you for a ride Let me know how you get on if you do make these changes and if these help to make the full use of the engines power.

After watching your upload, this one popped up...certainly makes interesting viewing too:

https://youtu.be/HaQ6V2Cvv_4

Interesting Tony. I've not bought a new bike since 2004, and my 2nd bike is a year older and was purchased used with 18k on the clock. I've never had a time when I thought I need to upgrade or modify the suspension on either, (well apart from the bling factor of Ohlins) although I've had the forks serviced on both and the sag height set to suit me, so both front and back ends always work well together.

I was surprised to hear, that on a 2018/19 bike that the suspension wouldn't perform to allow you to enjoy the bike to its full potential. I can understand they may be pushed to the limits and possibly beyond if racing or on a track day etc. Maybe you're pushing the Beemer harder than the designers had intended

If I was to buy something a little newer I'd be disappointed to have to modify or change major components like springs, shocks etc. Minor things like levers, mirrors seat etc I can understand though, as these are a personal thing.

The way you described the engine characteristics in your recent YT upload gave the impression that you ride the bike using the torque at the bottom end, in a similar way to my Ducati twins, and not at the top end of the rev range. This gave me the impression of a more laid back & relaxed ride compared to your Speed Triple that preceded it, when you mentioned the bike seemed to be taking you for a ride Let me know how you get on if you do make these changes and if these help to make the full use of the engines power.

After watching your upload, this one popped up...certainly makes interesting viewing too:

Hi Steve

Fellow R9T owner here. If you spend any time reading forums or looking online there are many posters and opinions stating the stock R9T set-up is junk. That's despite the front forks coming from the S1000RR (albeit in non-adjustable form). The rear shock is ok but I found getting the tyre pressures and the pre-load set were all I needed to get what I wanted out of the bike.

I spent some time looking at Wilburs and Ohlins rear shocks and thought I 'needed' one, in much the same way as I have 'needed' a new watch or car or whatever in the past (ahem, Tony). In the end I concluded that perhaps I wanted the bike to be something it wasn't, so I went out an bought another bike to add to the collection instead. Go figure.

If anyone's in the Shoreditch area today I'm going to be popping into The Bike Shed later this morning for one of their incredible breakfasts and a mooch around. A bit of company/bike chat would be most welcome.
    As you're now well and truly in with the Bike Shed crowd.......do you fancy taking part in the DGR in London this year? 29th September 2019??? I'm sure I've got an old tweed jacket somewhere :o)

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    As you're now well and truly in with the Bike Shed crowd.......do you fancy taking part in the DGR in London this year? 29th September 2019??? I'm sure I've got an old tweed jacket somewhere :o)
    Absolutely definitely 100%, Mark - I've actually registered already. I will have to go through my wardrobe very carefully!

That was a nice review, actually - thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyway, I wouldn't argue with anything you say, save that when you push the bike the limitations of the stock suspension become apparent. That isn't to say that my normal riding style is to push it particularly hard, but there are certainly times when I do and I'd like a little more reassurance from the bike (especially on fact corners, as I say). I'd also add that you don't necessarily have to work your way right up the rev band to get there it, because with it's 116NM of torque it has masses of mid-range power.

If you don’t know how to do it right, getting a pro to set up your bike suspension is well worth the amount it costs. Steve Jordan in Bookham is about the best down south.

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    If you don’t know how to do it right, getting a pro to set up your bike suspension is well worth the amount it costs. Steve Jordan in Bookham is about the best down south.

I think I'm going to go there for the new kit (and to have it properly set up from day 1), James. He sells/fits both Nitron and Andreani, and that's looking like my preferred option.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^its worth it and long term it will cost you less

Steve

there should not be any need to change the suspension on a new bike -remember the style of bike you have bought and simply get the suspension set up for your weight.

the only people that will need better suspension are those doing lots of track days and tbh tony you never redlined the street triple or rode it hard around corners (going on your posts) -the bike you have changed to is more driving ms daisy rather than guy martin - if you need to change major components you have bought the wrong bike for your needs.

the R9t is perfectly capable of scooting around country roads and having fun on , i'd say you just need more experience rather than better bits on the bike - doing a track day with instruction would help with showing just what your bike is capable of.

*of course you can always argue that you need 2 bikes to cover all circumstances :)
    Last edited by pugster; 28th June 2019 at 08:21.

^^^^ The voice of reason.

It's hard not to be influenced by chatter on forums and it's a good feeling buying custom parts and fitting them, I'm sure we've all been guilty.

It's hard not to be influenced by chatter on forums and it's a good feeling buying custom parts and fitting them, I'm sure we've all been guilty.
    Agreed, don’t do it Tony; it’s vanity not sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    there should not be any need to change the suspension on a new bike -remember the style of bike you have bought and simply get the suspension set up for your weight.

the only people that will need better suspension are those doing lots of track days and tbh tony you never redlined the street triple or rode it hard around corners (going on your posts) -the bike you have changed to is more driving ms daisy rather than guy martin - if you need to change major components you have bought the wrong bike for your needs.

the R9t is perfectly capable of scooting around country roads and having fun on , i'd say you just need more experience rather than better bits on the bike - doing a track day with instruction would help with showing just what your bike is capable of.

*of course you can always argue that you need 2 bikes to cover all circumstances :)
    + 1 x 100

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post

Haha - all true although I wouldn't really liken the 9T to "Driving Miss Daisy"... it's a bloody powerful bike and more than capable of being raced. Anyway, I did say that I wasn't necessarily being sensible

Isn't it?! I blame Ian!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Agreed, don’t do it Tony; it’s vanity not sanity!
    Yes, although I can't promise anything

It gets compulsive; I’ve just bought a single sided swing arm and wheel because I fancy fitting it to one of my bikes.
    The thing is I’ve already decided what I’m doing with the bikes I’ve got and I’ll have to buy another bike for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Hi Steve

Fellow R9T owner here. If you spend any time reading forums or looking online there are many posters and opinions stating the stock R9T set-up is junk. That's despite the front forks coming from the S1000RR (albeit in non-adjustable form). The rear shock is ok but I found getting the tyre pressures and the pre-load set were all I needed to get what I wanted out of the bike.

I spent some time looking at Wilburs and Ohlins rear shocks and thought I 'needed' one, in much the same way as I have 'needed' a new watch or car or whatever in the past (ahem, Tony). In the end I concluded that perhaps I wanted the bike to be something it wasn't, so I went out an bought another bike to add to the collection instead. Go figure.
    Hi John, that made me smile. I think we can all relate to the "I want" & the "I need" scenario. Despite being a fairly experienced rider of 38 years, I've never found my riding ability exceeding the limits of the bike's performance wise that is, well apart from my first bike, A Suzuki X1 which was restricted to around 30mph.

Things like the ability to carry a pillion in comfort, go on long distance biking trips, improving comfort with bar risers, or safety with better mirrors etc I can accept and have adopted in the past to make small improvements, but I've never felt the need to upgrade the major components around the suspension or engine etc. With the bikes I owned, I always knew what the limits were from the outset, so it negated the need to want to change stuff.

I did extensive research when I bought my ST3 in 2004. I knew exactly what I wanted and test rode 5 other bikes beforehand before settling on the Ducati. Yes, it's old tooth now compared to new bikes...No ABS, no electronic gizzmo's no real bling bits but it still does exactly what I wanted when I bought it, which was long distance touring with my wife, in reasonable comfort, but retaining the ability to hussle along twisty roads or even a track day if needed (the exhaust cans are designed to be raised for more clearance if required).

Oddly the 1st bike I bought after I had a break from biking was a BMW 650gs, the one with the single Rotax lump. A great bike to re-learn your skills, and would even allow you to do a little light off roading too. It did exactly what I wanted it to do, and after a year on it I upgraded to a CBR600F

Safe riding!

Haha - all true although I wouldn't really liken the 9T to "Driving Miss Daisy"... it's a bloody powerful bike and more than capable of being raced. Anyway, I did say that I wasn't necessarily being sensible

Isn't it?! I blame Ian!!

the street triple you had had more power (a bit less torque) , better brakes , better suspension

.... you have simply gone sideways onto a less race evolved bike that you want to perform 'better' :)

you have not long passed your test , stick with 1 bike and learn to ride it to its limit - atm you are riding it to your limit and thinking its the bike- its not.

* this is not a 'dig' btw just a simple observation, look at how many bikes you have been thro and how much money you have wasted in a short space of time on gear alone.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

More bike related stuff

Tony, another vote here for having the current suspension ‘set up’ professionally for you, your riding style and weight. It should cost no more than £50 to have this done, and the specialist should be able to give you a print out of the settings he has set. I’m assuming here that your current bike does have the facility to be adjusted. A decent specialist should be able to advise if you may need heavier or lighter springs front and rear and maybe change the fork oil. This is way cheaper than a new shock and cartridges. Worth trying it for sure.

In my humble opinion unless you are near or at the limits of your current suspension no point in changing for the sake of it.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Tony, another vote here for having the current suspension ‘set up’ professionally for you, your riding style and weight. It should cost no more than £50 to have this done, and the specialist should be able to give you a print out of the settings he has set. I’m assuming here that your current bike does have the facility to be adjusted. A decent specialist should be able to advise if you may need heavier or lighter springs front and rear and maybe change the fork oil. This is way cheaper than a new shock and cartridges. Worth trying it for sure.

In my humble opinion unless you are near or at the limits of your current suspension no point in changing for the sake of it.

Stuart

Sadly, the front forks - whilst being the same as those used on the S1000RR - are a non-adjustable version. The rear shock is simply inferior to the aftermarket alternatives and not very highly regarded.

I’ve actually decided to put any decision on suspension upgrades on hold for a while as I’ve already spent to much money yet again. I’ll fit the exhaust and levers when they arrive and then ride it as it is for a while!

Is it so bad that you feel it needs improving Tony? I have never been on one so dont know what they ride like. I would suggest it wont be as ‘sporty’ handling as your Street, but then again I dont think its aimed at the same market.

Stuart

More bike related stuff

Is it so bad that you feel it needs improving Tony? I have never been on one so dont know what they ride like. I would suggest it wont be as ‘sporty’ handling as your Street, but then again I dont think its aimed at the same market.

Stuart

I think you’ve probably hit the nail on the head, Stuart - coming from the Street I was a bit spoilt!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 28th June 2019 at 16:44.

There are aftermarket items that will improve most bikes. I mean, there were ‘better’ shocks and forks available for my old S1000RR, but would i actually be able to take advantage of any improved performance...... never, i could not get near the limits of the standard set up never mind an ‘upgrade’

Stuart