Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
I'd perhaps argue that TFCs are for those that can't afford to customise!

As many have demonstrated (myself included) it's very easy to spend big on accessories/upgrades for Triumphs which don't add to the value of the bike come trade in time, and personalised bikes can devalue the bike. They can also cause problems with insurance too.

If the TFC has the accessories that you were looking to add anyway, it's a way of getting them in a way that they hold their value.

As ltf points out though, Triumph's enthusiasm for really low clip-ons on their TFCs reduces the customer base somewhat.
Spot on, and far more effectively articulated.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
10 min job and £40 to swop then out for raised version of you have a crap back (as I do)
The niggle for me was that the TFC clip-ons were far higher quality/spec and would have cost a fair few spondoolies as an upgrade. Triumph were happy to swap them out for the standard R's clip-ons, but weren't looking to make any financial adjustments (there was a reason the TFC bars couldn't simply be raised, but I can't remember what it was.)

As I say, more of a niggle than a deal-breaker. The main issue was that I didn't want to sell my 9T to make the TFC possible, and i'd have needed to.