closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6105 Reissue ?

6105 Reissue ?

Given the success of the 6309 (even given the initial quality control issues) You'd imagine it would be a money spinner for Seiko

so hope they do......

Would be nice but risky as well. Love the turtle reissue but a slightly smaller size would have been better. Also some of the last reissues were quite expensive (with more modernised cheaper versions as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I would love one, I do hope they make one. If it was to a sensible price as the Turtle that would be superb.

Journeyman
    It's inevitable, they can't pass up an anniversary. I think the first 6105 was first made in 1970, so 2020 would be logical.

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the quartz astron, and the 6139 chronographs, so I'd expect plenty of re-issues, reinterpretations and limited editions in 2019 .

Master

6105 Reissue ?

Would you say Seiko have made a really successful reissue yet? The 62mas was nice but the buzz soon faded. I wonder if the case was just too agricultural by today's standards. The 6159 was fine, but again the buzz faded quickly, to be fair there was less to begin with. Maybe it was just too big at44mm.

Craftsman
    The 62MAS was too expensive so I thought it was a bit of a fail.

The Turtle though could not been a more successful re-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    It's inevitable, they can't pass up an anniversary. I think the first 6105 was first made in 1970, so 2020 would be logical.

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the quartz astron, and the 6139 chronographs, so I'd expect plenty of re-issues, reinterpretations and limited editions in 2019 .
    1968 for the 6105 8000.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Would you say Seiko have made a really successful reissue yet? The 62mas was nice but the buzz soon faded. I wonder if the case was just too agricultural by today's standards. The 6159 was fine, but again the buzz faded quickly, to be fair there was less to begin with. Maybe it was just too big at44mm.
    Of the divers? No. All of them flawed, all of them disappointing for different reasons. The latest 6159 comfortably the worst of the lot. In many respects, Seiko have lost the plot. For these reasons, I really hope they don't do a 6105 reissue.

Martin

Sent from my LG-H930 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    The 62MAS was too expensive so I thought it was a bit of a fail.

The Turtle though could not been a more successful re-issue.
    I disagree about the Turtle. A cheap and nasty homage to a properly classic divers watch. It deserved better. In fact it deserved not to be paid homage to in the first place. Leave it be.

Master
    If they do it they will spoil it by putting that dreadful X on the dial.

It's a no from me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    Of the divers? No. All of them flawed, all of them disappointing for different reasons. The latest 6159 comfortably the worst of the lot. In many respects, Seiko have lost the plot. For these reasons, I really hope they don't do a 6105 reissue.

Martin

Interesting, flawed how. I have an SKX and SPR both used for diving both do the job admirably, I can not see any flaws?

Interesting, flawed how. I have an SKX and SPR both used for diving both do the job admirably, I can not see any flaws?
    I'm referring to the reissues of/homages to the 62MAS, 6309 and 6159, none of which do justice to the originals. The least worst is probably the 62MAS homage (the SLA017), the most disappointing the 6159 (SLA025) and the shonkiest, the 6309 (SRP77something).

Craftsman
    I'm referring to the reissues of/homages to the 62MAS, 6309 and 6159, none of which do justice to the originals. The least worst is probably the 62MAS homage (the SLA017), the most disappointing the 6159 (SLA025) and the shonkiest, the 6309 (SRP77something).

I think you are wrong...as do the many buyers! I speak only for the SRP as the one I have here has no flaws, it works very well keeps good time and is better than the original. What is wrong with it that makes it shonky? I am intrigued.

I think you are wrong...as do the many buyers! I speak only for the SRP as the one I have here has no flaws, it works very well keeps good time and is better than the original. What is wrong with it that makes it shonky? I am intrigued.
    I have no doubt that it is a functional and quite attractive watch that can keep good time. For me though it feels like a 6309 copy done on the cheap. It is what it is which is basically a re-cased SKX in an almost infinite variety of gaudy colour combinations that devalues the spirit of the original. It is a bit like watching Queen with Adam Lambert and thinking you are watching the real thing when in fact it's just a couple of embarrassing old men, one of whom should have got his hair cut about 25 years ago. Just my opinion of course.

I think the quick selling out of stock of Eddie's homage would point to it being a winner.

Craftsman
    I have no doubt that it is a functional and quite attractive watch that can keep good time. For me though it feels like a 6309 copy done on the cheap. It is what it is which is basically a re-cased SKX in an almost infinite variety of gaudy colour combinations that devalues the spirit of the original. It is a bit like watching Queen with Adam Lambert and thinking you are watching the real thing when in fact it's just a couple of embarrassing old men, one of whom should have got his hair cut about 25 years ago. Just my opinion of course.

I suspect you are irrationally against the SPR!

It clearly is not a re-cased SKX as it is a different shape size and weight with a different movement! So, basically a different watch. I understand that you dislike the variations available now and that appears to be the only substance to your argument, I get this but the black one is a very good re-issue that does look to be better quality than the original.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I think the quick selling out of stock of Eddie's homage would point to it being a winner.
    They are a very nice watch.

I suspect you are irrationally against the SPR!
    Quite possibly, but my opinion is what it is. I think that it compares poorly to the original in all respects. I do not like it but understand why others might.

It clearly is not a re-cased SKX as it is a different shape size and weight with a different movement! So, basically a different watch.
    The movement is a development of the 7S26 which is a development of the 7005 which to my mind is the exemplar of the lowest common denominator Seiko mechanical movement (that is not a compliment by the way). Its weight is different because the case is different but in essence, it has taken the place of the SKX as the stock lower management Seiko 200m divers watch and the philosophy of its engineering and market placement is the same. Its shape is a marketing exercise designed to conjure up nostalgia for the original 6309 but to my mind fails to hit the mark in the execution of the details. You are, of course, entitled to think and feel differently.

I understand that you dislike the variations available now and that appears to be the only substance to your argument
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    The Daily Mail is a popular newspaper. There are aspects of the PRS68 that I find properly awful but again, I understand its appeal. I don't understand the appeal of the Daily Mail however.

Martin

I agree with Martin here. Every reissue has fallen short imo. And the more expensive SLA series have looked nice and all, but lacked the quality look of the originals in many respects. The dials for the SLA019 and SLA025 have an almost cheap aftermarket printed look to them. Not my cup of tea. Seiko are really making the most of this buzz at the moment and I can't help but think they're losing their charm as a result.

None of the SRP cushion cases I've had have been kept. But I love my 6306 and 6309.

I for one hope they leave the 6105 alone. But it's inevitable that it will be a $3k+ limited edition that doesn't excite me at all.

Craftsman
    Ok, daily mail aside as it would not even be butt paper in my house. Remaining intrigued, what of the 68 aspects are properly awful?
    I ask as I can not see any.

I can not compare the two as I do not have a 6105, I did have a 6309 and we clearly differ as I saw quality on the same level.

The Daily Mail is a popular newspaper. There are aspects of the PRS68 that I find properly awful but again, I understand its appeal. I don't understand the appeal of the Daily Mail however.Martin
    Daily Mail readers however do see the appeal, would a fair number of Seiko customers like to see a new 6105?.(enough to make it a very profitable reissue I'd imagine)
    Last edited by patrick; 14th August 2018 at 13:24.