closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Corum Bubble - love or hate?

Master

Corum Bubble - love or hate?

Has anybody got a Corum Bubble?

It’s a brand I know little about but non the less I’ve been looking at the Dive Bomber and wondering what they’re like to wear what the quality and finish is like. I’ve never seen one for real and up in the distant North East I doubt I ever will to be honest.

Probably a brand and model that divides opinion but since I saw a picture of one I’ve been quite interested. I really don’t know if I could live with one yet but reckon it must be a fairly fun watch to own - anybody got any pics or opinions they want to share?

Master
    I recently bought the Bubble Bats special edition. It certainly does divide opinion, but I think they are great - very well made, and a lot of nice touches. The Bats edition has a great set with it including a box that has vampire teeth :)

The second hand is white and red - also a vampire tooth with blood on it. The display back exposes a nicely finished movement (also with a bat on the rotor) and the clasp is well made too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I recently bought the Bubble Bats special edition. It certainly does divide opinion, but I think they are great - very well made, and a lot of nice touches. The Bats edition has a great set with it including a box that has vampire teeth :)

The second hand is white and red - also a vampire tooth with blood on it. The display back exposes a nicely finished movement (also with a bat on the rotor) and the clasp is well made too.

Those pics are great and just what I imagined the ‘bubble’ to be like! Looks good on the wrist too. How does it feel size wise?

- - - Updated - - -

.....and the detail on the dial looks superb :)

i love em and give my regards to bondandbigm rlt wont let me on. Nigelp

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Those pics are great and just what I imagined the ‘bubble’ to be like! Looks good on the wrist too. How does it feel size wise?

- - - Updated - - -

.....and the detail on the dial looks superb :)
    Wears very well. This version is the 45mm and the newer ones are 47mm. They have short lugs and hug the wrist nicely. You need a big cuff though if you want to hide it 😄

Craftsman
    Always wanted the green dive bomber but never found the right watch or set.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Wears very well. This version is the 45mm and the newer ones are 47mm. They have short lugs and hug the wrist nicely. You need a big cuff though if you want to hide it 
    No way I’d be thinking of something that crazy hiding under a cuff! 44 or 47 I guess it doesn’t matter to be honest.... these things are definitely an attention piece either way!

I've always liked the look of these to be honest, however I'm not sure I'd actually wear one on the regular... I think the designs are superb, but maybe more for admiring than wearing...

Master
    Deffo a pub or holiday watch. Thing is.... they just look like a real fun bit of kit!

I’ve got all sorts in my box and to be honest, even the good stuff only gets a couple of days in the fresh air! ....

Master
    I tend to wear a watch for a day and then rotate to something else in the collection, but happy to wear the bubble on a work day

Craftsman
    I love them as an admirer, once had a customer come in with one on and it was the first thing I commented on! In all honesty I would never own one but I love the fact they exist and other people wear them.

Just so different.

Craftsman
    Loved mine, it wore well and is one I wish I hadn't flipped.

Love no, hate no, but meh yes.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Too cartoony for my tastes.

My uncle has a couple n his collection and I really like them, they feel quality too, around 10 years (maybe a bit more thinking about it) they could be found under a gran on eBay, I'm sure they way past that now.

Hmmm I am getting to the point where i am loving funky fun watches..

Would live to pick one up for the right price - but i have noticed all the new ones seem to be 47mm these days...

cheers

matt

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
    Too cartoony for my tastes.
    Agreed! I think it’s cool that they exist for those who like them, but would never wear one

Journeyman
    Love from a distance I suppose.

Craftsman
    My wife wears hers everyday and loves it

If you get bored google Severin Montres, the man behind Corum as we know it, an interesting person to say the least with a fascination of all things dead or scary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk