Thread: The Newmark 6BB Chronograph Re-Edition

Craftsman
    Looks great!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Here it is (and many thanks for writing it!):

https://wornandwound.com/the-last-of...f-chronograph/
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Chaps, I've had a good look at the 6BB for Worn & Wound - I'm writing an early review. Having seen, handled and worn Ewan's watch, I'd say it's an absolute belter. Not only that, but you'd go a long way to meet a more decent bloke.

Put it this way, I'm getting my name down for one.
    I really enjoyed your article, thanks for the write-up! And well done Ewan too, looks like you've knocked it out the park with this watch!
    Last edited by andy100; 9th August 2018 at 07:27.

Good write up, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Well that has topped me over the edge into signing up to email list! I am 50 this year so one of those sub 50 numbers sounds like a cracking present to myself - unless they have all gone

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Thanks for this. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Well done Ewan. I’m glad you’ve made this watch happen . Although I’m not a chrono man its great what you have achieved. I also for a long time go back and read all your timefactors watch reviews on watcharama/ watcharoo .

Looks great - I'll be on the list! Well done for making it happen, probably a dream for many here so congrats!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Excited about this, I always found the PRS-5 too thick and didn't like the syringe hands as the hour and minute hands were too similar. This looks great and I really like the mecha quartz movement. Subscribed!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Excited about this, I always found the PRS-5 too thick and didn't like the syringe hands as the hour and minute hands were too similar. This looks great and I really like the mecha quartz movement. Subscribed!
    I fully agree I’m also very much looking forward to supporting this watch on Kickstarter

I have a PRS-5 and also find it a little thick, while really liking the overall style

Ewan has spent a long time working to get this watch right and it captures the style of the original while incorporating necessary compromises for modern and reasonably priced production

May I be bold and ask how much of a heads up we tz members may get ahead of the Kickstarter opening up?

Being four hours behind you I need to plan my sleep to accommodate an early opening. ( that an I’m kinda hoping we get to order a Day early ).

I enjoyed the Worn & Wound write-up. Hoping to see some video of the 6BB soon, too. Congrats, Ewan!

I really like the typeface on the small numerals 4-5-7 are very nice and have the character we were looking for on Eddie's 29a White. Did you draw these or are they a found style?

Watch is looking lovely!

All the numerals were hand done I'm afraid, along with the Newmark font; what a performance that was!

Cheers

Ewan

Congratulations Ewan on seeing your project to this stage, and beyond. Looks great... I’ve subscribed.

Hope sales recognise and appreciate the effort that has gone into the project.

Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    All the numerals were hand done I'm afraid, along with the Newmark font; what a performance that was!

Cheers

Ewan
    Really good effort Ewan... they look brilliant!

Excellent, signed up to your list!

Some achievement Ewan, well done. And I look forward to buying one on release.

Master
    I'm not as active on the forum nowadays and haven't bought a new watch for almost two years as I've settled on my four, well, soon to be five :)

I've always liked this design, but chrono's aren't normally my thing. Since reading about Ewan's passion and project, plus several conversations with him over email, he's fired up my interest, reserved me a special number and I'm really looking forward to watching this project flourish.

Wishing you the very best of luck with the launch on Kickstarter next week and I hope you get the support you deserve.

All the Best
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by watchfan_66 View Post
    Looking forward to Wednesday ☺

19:30 , alarms set on all devices ....

Only 2 days 23 hours and 53 minutes to go

Only 1 day 4 hours and 20 minutes to go...

It's just putting the money down tomorrow night right? Sounds like the target will be met, so what's the lead time for production until delivery?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Really good effort Ewan... they look brilliant!
    Great watch but why is the M in NEWMARK the wrong way round?

It's just putting the money down tomorrow night right? Sounds like the target will be met, so what's the lead time for production until delivery?
    As i understand it you pledge for whichever package you opt for, the funds are not removed from your account until the project becomes fully funded, from that point on your funds are transferred, production will be in the region of 8 to 12 weeks ?? and then I guess delivery will be when Ewan has collated all the parts for the pack you ordered... but I'm sure he will be along before tomorrow night for an update. Lets hope things go well for him.

Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerpaul View Post

I hadn't noticed that before.... I think the prototype dials were hand painted, but I could be wrong on that one lol...

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    As i understand it you pledge for whichever package you opt for, the funds are not removed from your account until the project becomes fully funded, from that point on your funds are transferred, production will be in the region of 8 to 12 weeks ?? and then I guess delivery will be when Ewan has collated all the parts for the pack you ordered... but I'm sure he will be along before tomorrow night for an update. Lets hope things go well for him.

Gadget
    Ah right, thanks, sounds good.

Hi Gents

Gadget is just about right regarding the process - as with any watch manufacture, it takes time so given that production will start (if we are successful) in early October then I am hoping to start QC in January - that's a pretty standard timeframe for a new watch. It is important to me and of course backers that this is right; I don't want to mess anything at all up to save a week or two! I will be inspecting each and every watch personally.

Regarding the Newmark font, then it is exactly as it was when used by Newmark - in fact it took me a good two weeks or more just to get that bit right! The 'M' was peculiar to Newmark and we have recreated it that way :-) It is correct believe me.

Just a day or so to go now so keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Thanks all,

Cheers

Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerpaul View Post
    Because that's how it was on the original 6BB. Why it was originally done like that I've no idea.

Cheers,
    Gary

Hi Gents

Gadget is just about right regarding the process - as with any watch manufacture, it takes time so given that production will start (if we are successful) in early October then I am hoping to start QC in January - that's a pretty standard timeframe for a new watch. It is important to me and of course backers that this is right; I don't want to mess anything at all up to save a week or two! I will be inspecting each and every watch personally.

Regarding the Newmark font, then it is exactly as it was when used by Newmark - in fact it took me a good two weeks or more just to get that bit right! The 'M' was peculiar to Newmark and we have recreated it that way :-) It is correct believe me.

Just a day or so to go now so keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Thanks all,

Cheers

Ewan
    Hi Ewan ,can you put a link on so I can sign up cheers mick

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Hi Ewan ,can you put a link on so I can sign up cheers mick

There is a link button on the Newmark Watch Company facebook page -SIGNUP- (next to the Send Message button) which goes direct to Kickstarter

Also if you are using facebook, search for Newmark6BB and you should find a link to a group page, you have to answer a question to join (simple answer) this is to keep the group free from bots and trolls...

or https://www.kickstarter.com/ and you will need to register for your account

Gadget

Craftsman
    Looks like a lovely watch; very tempted although I was too busy making dinner and missed the early bird options! Bah!

I don’t know the specifics of the mecaquartz movement, particularly if there are any variations, although it seems a solid choice.

If anyone has good articles about the movement, please point me at them!

One thing that does surprise me is that the 24 hour register is a 24 hour timekeeping hand and not used in combination with the 60 minute register for chrono use.

I’m intrigued: did the original Fab Four have 1 hour timing only, or is this a function of the Seiko movement?

Subscribed - miss my CWC reissue but felt the 7750 wasn’t all that much cop & it was too thick. This looks perfect and since having an Aerospace I’ve found a new respect for a decent quartz watch.

My strategy of waiting until Friday for the £200 option certainly was ill advised

Fully funded in 14 minutes from launch is an incredible achievement, well done Ewan.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Because that's how it was on the original 6BB. Why it was originally done like that I've no idea.

Cheers,
    Gary

Very interesting. Does anyone know why this is.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    One thing that does surprise me is that the 24 hour register is a 24 hour timekeeping hand and not used in combination with the 60 minute register for chrono use.

I’m intrigued: did the original Fab Four have 1 hour timing only, or is this a function of the Seiko movement?
    Answering my own question, the original watches have a running seconds subdial plus a 30 minute chrono dial, no hours. The modern mecaquartz movement doesn't have a running seconds (as described by Newmark). So, twice as much chrono ;)

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Fully funded in 14 minutes from launch is an incredible achievement, well done Ewan.

Eddie
    I logged on about 20 min or so after the launch and saw that I almost missed the early bird window and the 40 limited edition pieces were all gone! Now the wait begins. Plenty of time to pick up strap or 2 for it. Lol!

Just seen the stretch goal. I was hoping this would be a leather Zulu along the lines of those pictured in the photo of all the original ones. Was that a typical way these were worn as well as the grey Phoenix?

Hi

A leather strap might be another option depending on how we go :-)

The originals were never issued with a leather strap although they were issued with a leather pad through which the nylon strap (which was actually brown) was 'threaded'.

Cheers

Ewan

Just seen the stretch goal. I was hoping this would be a leather Zulu along the lines of those pictured in the photo of all the original ones. Was that a typical way these were worn as well as the grey Phoenix?

Hi

A leather strap might be another option depending on how we go :-)

The originals were never issued with a leather strap although they were issued with a leather pad through which the nylon strap (which was actually brown) was 'threaded'.

Cheers

Ewan
    That does sound fantastic! The Bond strap is a little ubiquitous but that sounds special and unique as well as being appropriate to the watch.

I've already decided (after exploring some options) that mine will move to a Timefactors Bund Strap upon arrival. Thereafter...who knows? Eddie does have some other aviator possibles...link.

Watch looks superb Ewan and well done on reaching the target so early on. ive just pledged as well

Regards Dave

Thanks Dave, really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by GS Overland View Post
    Watch looks superb Ewan and well done on reaching the target so early on. ive just pledged as well

Regards Dave

Pleased to see the update of the stretch goal Ewan, the natural leather looks lovely. Great match!

I am also really pleased that this kickstart has worked so well and that Ewan and the Newmark brand are off to the races. Well done them.
    I am not partaking myself, but wish them every success

I wonder who will be the first lucky person to get the 'call' ? and pictures are a must if its you!!

Really looking forward to getting mine. Not long now!

Likewise I'm looking forward to it. Would be nice to see a photo of the 265 Newmarks referenced in the latest email before dispatch!

Likewise I'm looking forward to it. Would be nice to see a photo of the 265 Newmarks referenced in the latest email before dispatch!
    Weill see what we can do, the other 130 should be here in the next day or two :-)

Craftsman
    I am really looking forward to this watch too. I have been collecting vintage watches for over 20 years and this will be my first brand new one!

Already ordered some shoulderless springbars, ready for action!